Moscow Menace Press Conference

On 4/21/2024 at 8:14 AM, Steve said:

Presser for the week ending 4/28

1. Are we having fun yet? Tight race in the EU.
2. What team have we played that has surprised you the most?
3. It's been a bit dead in the locker room lately, why?
4. How is your player doing compared to your expectations?
5. Do you think we need to shake lines up or just ride it out?
6. Who does Spartan listen to on Spotify?

1. I'm a bit miffed at how poorly Syko is playing and how adding a defense upgrade has us playing worse than before. I had higher expectations than a WC spot.

2. Probably Warsaw, even with Summers I wasn't sure if they'd take much of a step forward compared to last season. On the flip side, Helsinki for seemingly struggling a lot before trading players away. But too little too late for them.

3. It's been rough in the sims so a bit of that definitely carries over. Weather has also been getting nicer so I hope others are also enjoying time away from online activities.

4. Said it before, Syko is shite.

5. We have line tweaks coming in today, we'll see what worked best across the season for playoffs.

6. Definitely not the new Taylor Swift album(s), I've seen some of the lyrics across social media and I don't get how she's considered a good lyricist. Some of the most awful lyrics and cringe topics I've ever seen in songwriting.

1)      I am enjoying watching the menace perform at VHL, I hope I can contribute soon.

2)      Seattle Bears, they have made a good turn around.

3)      It’s been dead because there have not been enough snacks and drinks.

4)      I am beating the expectations of my player; I didn’t think id have this many points.

5)      I feel if we are a lock for playoffs shacking the lines up could be a good test for playoffs.

6)      I have no idea what spartan listens to on Spotify.

Would be more fun if the loser of the race would miss the playoffs, now it is good teams competing who is more good. In the end we will play against one of the good teams in the playoffs.

LA - only 5 wins so far in the season,  you need to try to be that bad.

No shoe policy has pushed players to hang out at the cafeteria

Above expectations I would say, I was hoping few more goals, but overall solid so far!

I think we need to all put our names into a hat, and let the GM pick one name from the hat. Who is chosen will have their whole body covered in honey and feathers. The hope is that the show will please Simon T, which in return shows as favorable sim luck.

The sound of old janitor trying to figure out which key is the right one to various doors. A lot of key chain sounds and key motion inside the locks mixed together on a loop.

Presser for the week ending Cinco de Mayo

1. Did you ever think we would be in a wild card series after having been at the top of the conference?
2. Many players have had career best seasons. Are you happy with your player's season?
3. What are your plans for developing your player? Is there a skill or two you are working on?
4. Our goalie seems to be playing very well for the most part. Can a 2nd year goalie take us to the cup finals?
5. Were you under the impression that this season was the one we were going to make our big push?
6. What team should we be worried about assuming we finish off Warsaw?

7 minutes ago, Steve said:

Presser for the week ending Cinco de Mayo

1. Did you ever think we would be in a wild card series after having been at the top of the conference?
2. Many players have had career best seasons. Are you happy with your player's season?
3. What are your plans for developing your player? Is there a skill or two you are working on?
4. Our goalie seems to be playing very well for the most part. Can a 2nd year goalie take us to the cup finals?
5. Were you under the impression that this season was the one we were going to make our big push?

1) I didn't think we'd drop down to a wildcard but anything can happen I'm sure. Who knows, maybe next season we'll be back near the top.

2) Yeah I think my guy did ok. Set some career highs so I'm happy anytime there is improvement.

3) Right now I'm working on DC then maybe my shots, not sure yet

4) I believe in our goalie!

5) I did yes, but while we may not have finished where we thought we would we could always make a deep playoff run

6) I don't worry too much about it, no matter who comes up will be a challenge and we need to beat the best to win it all anyway

Yeah its exciting when a conference is tight like this.

I think it was a little surprising that we swept Warsaw in the wildcard round.

Probably a timing thing, college students are entering their finals weeks, and its warming up so people are probably spending less time at the computer.

I am slightly disappointed in my regular season performance,  and I'm doing about as expected so far in the playoffs.

We did end up making some changes towards the end of the season and it worked out for us so far.

My guess is something like this.   

Honestly no, it was a bit of a rough stretch there but we seem to have come out a better team.

Yes, absolutely. I know Rashford will never be an elite player but as long as he's contributing meaningfully on a winning team that's all I can ask for.

That's a secret!

I feel like this question has been asked a few times, but yes, yes he can and will.

I think so, especially after last year. We already seemed so close and Spartan made some big moves.

Nobody. We play our best and we'll win.

1)      Anything can happen, the team just needs to go out there and try their best.

2)      I am very happy with how my player played in VHLE I am excited to help Moscow next season.

3)      My plan is skating defense and puck handling plus sprinkle in some scoring.

4)      I feel they can do it, but time will tell.

5)      Every season you have a chance to make the big push, it’s just about finishing it off.

6)      I feel the team we will have to worry about is DC Dragons, they are playing hot.

Presser for the week ending 5/12

1. Bittersweet playoffs. What could we have done differently?
2. Do you think goalies need to get the nerf the rest of the league got? HYBRID!
3. How important is the regular season win/loss record against teams relate to the playoffs?
4. Do you think there is some wierd differnce between the regular season index and the playoff index?
5. Have any plans for the offseason?
6. What team will win the cup?

Not necessarily, but how close the division was the wild card round doesnt feel as bad, and I think this is how it should be, close battle with every game actually having something to play for.

I would say so, I was banking on having few more goals, but overall season has been a solid one.

Lately I have been getting my defense up, I will try to get it up by few next and/or work on something else at the same time also.

Yes! But also no

In all honesty no, I think the "peak" might be in few seasons from now, assuming the band stays together and everybody keeps on earning at a fair rate.

Would have been fun to see a NA team in the playoffs, the top teams are solid there also

It happens, the EU was tough this season and the team had a bit of a roster shake up and that takes some adjustment.

I'm a little disappointed, but with switching teams you can expect some struggles along the way.

Not really, Kronchy is getting old and so just trying to keep their skills where they are.

Well no as it turns out, they can't.

I wasn't on Moscow coming into the season, so I wasn't really keep track of when the push was coming.

Well as it turns out, London.  Teno is a beast.

Win, for a start. Honestly not much, we could've easily won that series and probably generated more chances.
2. Do you think goalies need to get the nerf the rest of the league got? HYBRID!

I think it was a good first season of changes. Let's see how the next couple go as well.
3. How important is the regular season win/loss record against teams relate to the playoffs?

Not really all that important as things change throughout a season.
4. Do you think there is some weird difference between the regular season index and the playoff index?

Not really sure what the question is meant to be asking. Maybe that Rashford is top of team scoring in the playoff index?

Improve Rashford. He's gotten to be quite a player but still needs to improve to give this team the best chance to win.
6. What team will win the cup?

Fuck all of them. If it ain't us, I don't care.

1)      We tried our best and it just didn’t work out, we got another shot next season.

2)      I believe they do, it’s so easy to max a goalie.

3)      I feel that once playoffs come it’s a whole new game and regular season doesn’t matter.

4)      Other than a different index I feel there is no difference.

5)      I plan to continue my training and look forward to helping the team.

6)      You can never call who will win it, everyone has an equal shot game 1, and it changes as the season goes.

Presser for the week ending 5/19

1. Are you enjoying the offseason break?
2. Where do you see our weakness as a team?
3. Do you expect any big roster changes in the offseason?
4. In your opinion, what is the most important skill that helps the team?
5. What is your favorite comfort food?
6. Will our team keep building on our previous success?

More physicality and fights. Take out their top guys and rely on our depth to carry us through.

4. Do you think there is some wierd differnce between the regular season index and the playoff index?

I think there might be some kind of "random" factor that makes playoff hockey feel like playoff hockey - more dramatic events in comparison to regular season.

Take a long break, drink and party non-stop until the training camp comes, then start working out with the team.

9 hours ago, Steve said:

1) I am actually. I keep thinking of how many years people spend in the VHL and wondering how many I have left

2) Maybe goals against? it seemed to get better this year though.

3) From the sounds of it there may be a bit of a shakeup

4) Scoring or Defence

5) I don't really have one. I eat everything and it makes my fat ass comfortable

6) I think so, we've been doing pretty good

17 hours ago, Steve said:

1. Yes, definitely. Put in a lot of work during the season to be prepared so it’s nice to take a break.

2. Hard to say. A better goalie and defence would be great but it’s hardly a weakness.

3. Not really. The core of the team is still young enough where it doesn’t need to change drastically.

4. Team chemistry. Spartan has to organize some more events for us to bond.

5. Pizza as a meal, chips as a snack.

6. We will undoubtedly be better next season. As to whether that translates to success is the question we’re all eager to know the answer to.

Of course, it is nice to take a break from hockey and do something else for few weeks!

I think we are too short, the management should focus on drafting players who are at least 6'5. The extra reach these taller players have will certainly give an edge to the team in the defensive end and also in the offensive zone with turnovers created.

Easy to answers now after the management traded half of the team away, but yes  - interesting to see what the lines will look like in game 1!

Being able to eat fast. When you are a fast eater, you can eat a nice meal between periods and make sure you do not run out of energy.

I dont have a comfort food, but I like to eat comfortably though - usually without pants

Yes, next season will be even better than this last one!

1)      I am enjoying it, but also can’t wait to start playing again.

2)      I feel any weakness we have others help cover it.

3)      There are always big changes, but I feel Menace may stay close to same.

4)      I feel defense is a great skill.

5)      Good question, I really do not know what I would say my comfort food is. Potato Chips probably.

6)      I believe they will, one game at a time.

On 5/12/2024 at 6:19 AM, Steve said:

1. Always enjoy the break of the offseason. As a GM, it's great to get to make some trades and roster moves to get the best roster possible for next season. As a player, I don't get to suck and let the team down.

2. Realistically goalie, a bit worrying for Syko with such high TPA at this point to be dropping duds in important playoff games.

3. We've had some pretty big changes by seeing Grimgor Ironhide and Kronchy Kardashian get traded away, as well as bringing in the 1st and 2nd overall picks this draft! Maybe there's still more to come?

4. Defense for sure. Imo it's just the best attribute overall and makes every player better.

5. Chicken pot pie. Dunno how it started but loved the ones my mom made. Just got one this past weekend too, was so good.

6. Nothing to do except to keep improving. Can't take steps backwards.

On 5/15/2024 at 6:45 PM, jRuutu said:

I dont have a comfort food, but I like to eat comfortably though - usually without pants

Is this why you only eat hot dogs at home? That makes complete sense now... ;)

Presser for the week ending 5/26

1. What do you think about our draft?
2. Looking at our roster, it looks like we are in the best shape so far, thoughts?
3. Do you have a hobby? No, gaming is not a hobby.
4. Do you have a favorite NHL player? I like Kopitar.
5. Are you happy with the position you chose to play? I wish I was a defenseman.
6. Who do you think will score our first goal of the season? My pick is Lewis.

29 minutes ago, Steve said:

Presser for the week ending 5/26

1. What do you think about our draft?
2. Looking at our roster, it looks like we are in the best shape so far, thoughts?
3. Do you have a hobby? No, gaming is not a hobby.
4. Do you have a favorite NHL player? I like Kopitar.
5. Are you happy with the position you chose to play? I wish I was a defenseman.
6. Who do you think will score our first goal of the season? My pick is Lewis.

1) Our draft was pretty good, really restocked our prospects!

2) I like the look of things, really hoping we have a strong season this season

3) Not really. I've kind of looked for one over the last few years but none really stood out for me. So I just game or program for fun.

4) I guess one of Matthews or Marner on the Leafs but I don't really pick favourite players anymore

5) Yep!

6) I think Gunner will score first

1. What do you think about our draft? Admittedly not too sure since i just joined the team but given how successful this team is, I imagine that our GMs are crushing the game!
2. Looking at our roster, it looks like we are in the best shape so far, thoughts? I agree - it's great to be on a contender and I hope that we do big things this season with the guys we have!
3. Do you have a hobby? No, gaming is not a hobby. These simulation leagues are hobbies to me, so i include those. Drinking beer watching sports!
4. Do you have a favorite NHL player? I like Kopitar. Hard not to love Connor McDavid.
5. Are you happy with the position you chose to play? I wish I was a defenseman. I haven't given it much thought to be honest. Think i'd like to be a goalie at some point.
6. Who do you think will score our first goal of the season? My pick is Lewis. Lattimer!! just kidding as i don't think i'm a first line player.

I am, I always enjoy the offseason.  It might sound weird since I have minimal responsibilities but taking a little step back I think is good.

The team got rid of me, not having me is a weakness.

Yes, the team had cap issues so trades had to happen.

I think consistency, whether that is doing tasks, or just contributing the LR. 

I am not sure, probably pizza.

Nope, all downhill from here, now that I'm gone.