Moscow Menace Press Conference

Week of Sept 19 - 25

Claim six answers for 2 TPE

1. This had been one of the tightest seasons the league has ever seen. There's not really been a clear cut favorite for the Championship with every team in playoffs within like 5 points. Who would you consider the betting favorites at the midway mark of the season?

2. Do you think Moscow should try and make a push at Trade Deadline, or roll with the team we have? The cap situation could pretty much dictate what will happen, but waht do you think?

3. Tomas Sogaard has broken out this season and could legit be the next big VHL star in his sophmore season. He's a dynamic scroing and hitting forward who has been clutch for the Menace. What do you see the upside is for this player? Do you see him continuing his hot pace, or cooling off?

4. If you had to demote one VHL team to the VHLE and bring a team up from the VHLM or VHLE what teams would those be?

5. What is the best potato chip?

6. Fall is about to be here.. It's my favorite season of the year. How about you?

1. This had been one of the tightest seasons the league has ever seen. There's not really been a clear cut favorite for the Championship with every team in playoffs within like 5 points. Who would you consider the betting favorites at the midway mark of the season?

I've been impressed by Vancouvers Goal Difference recently and after a sluggish start they are sitting just behind the Bears. In Europe, Warsaw looks good again, but you can never count out the Menace. Basically, one of those 4 I guess.

2. Do you think Moscow should try and make a push at Trade Deadline, or roll with the team we have? The cap situation could pretty much dictate what will happen, but waht do you think?

I'd stand pat and trust the players that have got the team to 2nd in the Euro Conference.

3. Tomas Sogaard has broken out this season and could legit be the next big VHL star in his sophmore season. He's a dynamic scroing and hitting forward who has been clutch for the Menace. What do you see the upside is for this player? Do you see him continuing his hot pace, or cooling off?

He looks good obviously and should continue to develop into a fine player for Moscow. If he stays consistent, he'll be a good one.

4. If you had to demote one VHL team to the VHLE and bring a team up from the VHLM or VHLE what teams would those be?

I would demote Helsinki to the VHLE and bring up Bratislava. Do it.

5. What is the best potato chip?

Not sure what brand, but I'm partial to a Salt & Vinegar or Flaming Hot Dorito.

6. Fall is about to be here.. It's my favorite season of the year. How about you?

I actually like Winter. Australian winter though...not your arctic bullshit.

On 9/25/2022 at 4:07 PM, STZ said:

Week of Sept 19 - 25

6. Fall is about to be here.. It's my favorite season of the year. How about you?

1. I'm still going to hold strong with my Vancouver predictions, with their lowest players been all 1st round max earners, they are only getting stronger as the season progresses. Come playoff time, I think they will be the hardest team to play against fore anyone.

2. I'm comfortable with where we are at, I'm not sure what areas we could improve within cap limits. I'm also happy that we are sitting with a solid amount of draft picks in a season we are still contending in. Shoutout our lord and savior Spartan for that.

3. This production has honestly surprised me quite a bit. I definitely think my player is overperforming relative to my TPE with this seasons' success due to the help of Preo + Markinson. Having the #1 TPE player in the entire VHL on the same #1 line as you sure helps a lot. I've also tried to build my player to specifically compliment Preo's build. He's an offensive skating first center, with low defense. I want to be a strong hitting forward with a focus on defense, and lower skating relative to SC / PH. I think the balance actually works very well.

4. Bring up Vasteras for the memes, and demote Seattle because Bana is too strong

5. Me as a kid would say Sat & Vinegar. Me now says All-Dressed, because I get to keep the roof of my mouth alive.

6. I've always been a Spring / Summer kind of person. Although now Summer's feel a lot more hot, so I've transitioned to being a Spring / Fall person. I'm not a fan of winter, thankfully I have snowboarding to get through it.

I would not understimate the Bratislava Watchmen. We might make a sudden appearance in the vhl and win it all

Do not waste resources if you dont think you will win, better continue to build for the future.

He could be the next Duncan Idaho if he keeps it up. Idaho believes in him, so you should too.

Remove the calgary wranglers, bring up the watchmen.

Lays cheese and onion, despite not liking cheese, the chip is good

I hate the all equally, does that count?

• Commissioner

Should have done this earlier in the week when it was relevant but whatever.

1. I feel like I predicted Vancouver  before the season began, I don’t remember. I’m gonna say DC though. No idea why, I just think it might be their year.

2. I mean I’m always all for being a stronger team but on the whole we’re actually doing pretty well in individual games. Maybe not win wise but we’re constantly outshooting our opponents and Simon is just screwing us. So I say run with what we have; when we won in the RS Simon screwed us in the playoffs so maybe try going the other way eh?

3. The trend the last 2 dozen seasons or so has been for a single player to dominate the Boulet for 3-4 seasons at a time. I expect Sogaard to do the same; anything less would be a disappointment.

4. Remove Prague and bring up Vegas. I have absolutely no reason for choosing these teams really but that’s what I’m going with anyway.

5. Old Dutch BBQ. Good crunch, nice spice, just delightful.

6. I would put fall second, I prefer spring. Weather is similar temperature in both but because spring is coming off of winter hell it feels warmer whereas fall is coming off summer so it inevitably feels colder. Plus cleaning up leaves sucks.

Week of Sept 26 - Oct 2

Relevant @Beketov Edition

1. Will Papa Emeritus ( @Beketov) break the Moscow Menace all time wins record?

2. Who is your favorite player @Beketovhas ever created?

3. If @Beketovstepped down from being Commish, what VHL member do you think would make a good replacement?

4. Describe @Beketov by using only ice cream flavors.

5. Do you think @Beketov has ever processed sims in his underwear? Some of those late night sims, ya know…

6. Considering this is the last season I’ll be doing Press Conferences, do you think @Beketovshould take over for me?

• Commissioner
14 minutes ago, STZ said:

Save it for when you do. It’s intended to stay relevant for at least more than a week this time lol

Admit it, you just want the answer to number 5 :P

2 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of Sept 26 - Oct 2

3. If @Beketovstepped down from being Commish, what VHL member do you think would make a good replacement?

5. Do you think @Beketov has ever processed sims in his underwear? Some of those late night sims, ya know…

6. Considering this is the last season I’ll be doing Press Conferences, do you think @Beketovshould take over for me?

1. I really hope he does, although with Murdock in the system I'm not sure, especially given how many games Bernard has. Regardless of that record, Papa has established himself as a Moscow all-time great, with a HOF induction ahead of him post-career.

2. It will always be @Beketov's first player in season 6, Alexander Beketov. Both our players played on the same line that season in Hamilton. Unfortunately he got traded, however maybe you could say fortunately as he went on to have a HOF career.

3. Father Spartan

4. I'd say Vanilla, simply because he's been such a staple of the league for so many years, and Vanilla is honestly the ice cream staple no matter where you are.

5. Definitely, I'm sure he probably has stories that he has never shared of moments in his life that he managed to sim in crazy IRL scenarios.

6. I mean it would save me from potential PC's if I happen to become AGM

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm not sure, especially given how many games Bernard has.

I only need 49 more and have next season as well so hopefully.

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

with a HOF induction ahead of him post-career.

That's doubtful.

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It will always be @Beketov's first player in season 6, Alexander Beketov.

He was actually my second. Don't take away the fact that I was the first player ever drafted in the VHL back in S1; it's about all Sharpe has haha.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Definitely, I'm sure he probably has stories that he has never shared of moments in his life that he managed to sim in crazy IRL scenarios.

No comment 

Idk didnt pay an attention. depends on if Acyd wants to be a backup next season also the cap.

none of them played for Riga under my tenure so no one

uhhh idk. I'm not that active to figure it out

strawberry maybe. idk why just the first thing popped in my mind

I guess so. who cares anyways as long as he sims

mhm go ahead and ask him I guess

17 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of Sept 26 - Oct 2

1. I mean I hope so, he's been amazing for us this season and it would cement him as a Moscow legend if he did.

2. Papa is the main standout for me. Mainly because this sig that go created for him is unreal.

3. Maybe outside shout but I think thad would be such a good commisoner but I can't explain why.

4. I'd go with mint choc chip because it's a staple ice cream flavour but it's more complex than vanilla.

5. Absolutly, if he hasn't I'll be shocked.

6. I want Bek to do an STZ Press Conference edition.

Moscow Menace Press Conference

Week of Oct 2 - Oct 9

1. With less than 10 games left in the season, and our playoff seed basically set - what is the focus for the rest of the season?

2. We are set to meet either Davos or London in the first round, what team do you think we match up better against?

3. What player needs to turn it in in the playoffs for us to be successful?

4. Reflecting on the previous season; what do you think the highlight was for you? - Can either in the sim or in the community..

5. Thoughts on NHL opening up the season in EU?

6. What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

1. With less than 10 games left in the season, and our playoff seed basically set - what is the focus for the rest of the season?

give all points to AK cause he's mid

2. We are set to meet either Davos or London in the first round, what team do you think we match up better against?

Davos might be too iffy with Boobery, London looks an easier option

most of second liners/pair

4. Reflecting on the previous season; what do you think the highlight was for you? - Can either in the sim or in the community..

Istanbul cup

Establishing their place in EU since Russia is out of commission

I dont celebrate that

On 10/8/2022 at 6:58 PM, STZ said:

Moscow Menace Press Conference

Week of Oct 2 - Oct 9

1. To be honest, I'm just hoping our production keeps up in the playoffs when it matters. We've had a strong regular season in all ends of the ice.

2. I'd say London would be the matchup that I would prefer to have

3. I need to keep up my above-TPE point production IMO

4. Community side would just be the discord hangouts in the lockerroom. Sim side would be the 6 point (4 goals) game for Sogaard, did not expect that one bit.

5. Smart for future of NHL market

6. I'd have to say stuffing for sure

Moscow Press Conference

Week of Oct 10 - Oct 16

1. Round One begins with a matchup against London United. How well do you think we match up against this team?

2. Which players do you think will be the x-factors in this first series?

3. How did your VHFL Team do this year? Was your player a good fantasy player in VHFL?

4. How did you feel your TPE earning went this season? Do you think you will be more, less, or the same in productivity next season?

5. What is your favorite way to earn TPE?

6. What was the favorite Halloween costume you ever had? (Can be any costume doesn't need to be for Halloween if you don't celebrate)

1. Round One begins with a matchup against London United. How well do you think we match up against this team?

Moscow in 7. they can drag this far with the Jerome stimulus, but not further than that imo

the first line/pair

3. How did your VHFL Team do this year? Was your player a good fantasy player in VHFL?

won a group and a top 5 overall I guess. AK was a rookie....no

4. How did you feel your TPE earning went this season? Do you think you will be more, less, or the same in productivity next season?

I'm fine so far. depends on if I burn out quickly or nah

by clicking

6. What was the favorite Halloween costume you ever had? (Can be any costume doesn't need to be for Halloween if you don't celebrate)

I don't remember tbh. didn't celebrate that for a long time

15 hours ago, STZ said:

Moscow Press Conference

Week of Oct 10 - Oct 16

1. I believe we have the upper-hand against London, hopefully we stay out of penalty troubles and we can perform like I believe we can.

2. I think it will depend on Sogaard performing up to the level he was in the regular season. If production falls off, it could pose trouble for the series. If Sogaard continues his dominant season into the playoffs, then I think the series will go well. To me, Papa and Markinson are both super consistent, so although I think they are our best players, I don't predict either of them to have a bad series.

3. I messed up by picking Johnston, and having him re-roll his TPE to remove his checking. Also passed on my own player knowing that our entire team was 40 checking but me, L. I think I got 2 TPE this year, hopefully I do better next!

4. I think I will be at the same, the goal is to max-earn on Sogaard if I can. So far, so good! I also want to bring lots of value to my 5.5 contract. Being right at the 900 line doesn't really benefit the team in terms of salary cap, compared to someone at 1200 TPE being paid the same amount.

5. Graphics + Trivia + Press Conference + Job Pay! I don't enjoy the creative writing aspect as much (never been a particularly great writer or enjoyed it in school), so it's nice to have a balance and not needing to write each week.

6. My favorite would be a blow-up costume that I wore, where I was a safari dude riding a T-rex dinosaur

• 2 weeks later...

Week of Oct 31 - Nov 6

Well I guess it's time that I take these over from @STZ after the amount of work he has put in the past five seasons, a special thank you to STZ for always having these done and making my life extremely easy as a player when needing that last 2 TPE for my weekly cap. Gonna miss having you around, and I'll try my best to have the questions be as solid, entertaining, and interesting as yours. Moscow, answer away!

1. Another tough loss in the finals, this time to DC after sweeping Warsaw in the previous round. What do you think we've done to Simon (Simon T Hockey Simulator) to deserve this treatment year after year?

2. A very warm welcome to @BOOM, what are your thoughts on the trade between Moscow and Malmo?

3. Happy Halloween! Did you happen do anything this year to celebrate in any way?

4. What position do you think Moscow should target in the upcoming draft with our 15th overall pick?

5. What attributes are you focusing on for your player in the coming weeks?

6. If you had a walk-out song before you were about to take a penalty shot, what would it be?

1. Another tough loss in the finals, this time to DC after sweeping Warsaw in the previous round. What do you think we've done to Simon (Simon T Hockey Simulator) to deserve this treatment year after year?

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm beginning to think that Simon T is a bit of an anti-Russian type. Now that I'm on Moscow, I call for this malicious behavior to stop now!

2. A very warm welcome to @BOOM, what are your thoughts on the trade between Moscow and Malmo?

That guy's a dick. I hope the plan is to trade him for someone better. Gross.

3. Happy Halloween! Did you happen do anything this year to celebrate in any way?

Nope. Stayed at home and enjoyed the 4 hour power outage that happened right before dinner. Aaahh, perfect timing big storm, thanks!

4. What position do you think Moscow should target in the upcoming draft with our 15th overall pick?

Well if Voss is being traded , then shoring up the defense is a good idea. 

All my TPE from this point is going to Grit and Discipline. I heard that breaks the code and makes your player Scotty Campbell 2.0

6. If you had a walk-out song before you were about to take a penalty shot, what would it be?

You are using the wrong PayPal account. 

2. A very warm welcome to @BOOM, what are your thoughts on the trade between Moscow and Malmo?

I am sure he will do well on Moscow. Very skilled player that Torq liked to play with in Malmo.

Same as every year. I drove around with a bag of candy in my van with no windows.

Anyone with a pulse that earns.

Same stuff just more of it. Might start banking this season depending on the results the team is getting.

"Walk Hard" by Dewey Cox. It has a nice beat and easy to dance to. I give it a 82.

Week of Nov 7 - Nov 12

1. It's the off-season, what is keeping you busy while the sims aren't rolling?
2. Which team do you think took the biggest step forward this off-season in the VHL?
3. If you had to type one single sentence, as advice, for a new player joining the league, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite Non-NHL team?
5. Do you play video games, and if so are you a PC or Console player?
6. Are you a early bird or night owl?

My actual life unfortunately. The off-season is necessary, obviously, but it's the worst part of sim leagues.

2. Which team do you think took the biggest step forward this off-season in the VHL?

Obviously Moscow. The acquisition of Voss for 2 second round picks, is great value considering his potential.

3. If you had to type one single sentence, as advice, for a new player joining the league, what would it be?

Welcome to the VHL where if you are patient, work hard and enjoy the experience, you will succeed.

As a ice-hockeying expert, I must ask. Is there any non-hockey pro teams?

Not as much as I used to, but for the last decade, purely PC based. I'd buy a console, but tbh, it would just gather dust.

Night owl. I can stay up all night, but sadly life doesn't always agree with my schedule.

after the draft, absolutely nothing

Prague surely, they may as well as be one of favs in EU already

don't burn yourself out

uhhhhh.....Riga Reign

was mostly playing on PC, but not doing that much anymore

ironically, night owl. kinda tough to sleep at night sometimes