DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

Answer 6 of these for 2 capped tpe or 3 for 1 capped tpe, or you can ask questions in here to the tune of questions for 1 tpe or 10 questions for 2 tpe. The maximum you can earn from press conferences in any given week is 2 TPE.

First questions to kick us off:

1. The draft was last night, which is what brought most of you to the Dragons organization. Did you go earlier or later than you expected? If you weren't drafted, how did you make it here?

2. What team had the best draft?

3. Who will be the biggest steal of the draft?

4. Who is your early prediction to go 1st overall at the S69 draft?

5. Do you think the S69 draft is going to be better or worse overall than the S68 draft?

6. Who out of your fellow Dragons draftees do you think is most likely to be a future captain?

25 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Answer 6 of these for 2 capped tpe or 3 for 1 capped tpe, or you can ask questions in here to the tune of questions for 1 tpe or 10 questions for 2 tpe. The maximum you can earn from press conferences in any given week is 2 TPE.

1. The draft was last night, which is what brought most of you to the Dragons organization. Did you go earlier or later than you expected? If you weren't drafted, how did you make it here?

5. Do you think the S69 draft is going to be better or worse overall than the S68 draft?

6. Who out of your fellow Dragons draftees do you think is most likely to be a future captain?

1) Was taken in the Expansion Draft, from Riga, excited to play for D.C.
2) I'd say New York, they have so many picks and got players with lots of TPE, lets see if they stay active and live up to the expectations.
3) I didn't really follow the later stages of the draft, but our own pick at 5# - Luciano Valentino is going to be a stud, also Raleigh Ritchie is going to be the best 5th round pick in the history.
4) Now this is a difficult call, lots of great players will be drafted, I'd say it's either Benny Graves or Soren Jensen
5) I think there could be a better top5, but overall it could be weaker, but it's still early to say for sure.
6) Pretty much anyone can become one with hard work, maybe the first Dragon ever drafted? who knows, exciting times ahead.

Edited by GRZ

I was hoping to be drafted a little earlier but knew that because of my stats last season where I was picked was a decent spot.

The drafts were pretty equal in my eyes, though I am probably not the best at analyzing stats yet

Myself hopefully, I was picked in the 3rd round but hope my improvements will make me a player to be contended with.

Couldn't say, it's probably a tough choice between a small group of players. Soren Jensen seems like a solid pick in my eyes.

Better I would hope.

Mikko Aaltonen 

I went about where I thought I would go, I had no real frame of reference otherwise. 

Clearly the Dragons haha.

Rooney, I think some gms passed over on him because he had one busy week but I think he will turn into a stud.

I would have to say Soren Jensen

I would think a bit worse, this draft had a couple really high end players

it depends entirely on who puts in the most work so I could not say outright.

1 hour ago, Enorama said:

Well I didn't expect to get drafted at all so the answer to that would be earlier i suppose. I've been out for the past season so it was a surprise to get a call from the GM letting me know I'd been drafted. I already turned the TV off after the first few rounds as I just wanted to see who the top picks were. Nows it's time to see where I play in the minors this year.

I'm not really sure, I haven't kept up to date with any of the developments in the league.

Me I hope, going with the 2nd to last pick there's really only one way to go and that's up. When I start banging in goals in the VHL then DC fans will look back on this draft as a franchise defining moment.

I honestly have no idea, I need to breeze though some scouting reports to answer that question.

See previous answer, it's too early to tell, a whole year of time means a lot can change between then and now.

Valentino is probably the most likely, he's a great player from what little i've seen of him already in the training camp. He's got that natural swagger you see from the top players in the league and the leaders of championship teams.

It's an absolute honor to be selected as the franchises first Draft pick and 5th overall, I honestly was not expecting to be picked up so early given the recent articles about myself but I plan to help make this franchise a contender!

Not to sound biased, but I think we made out pretty well and managed to get a great, diverse group. I trust the management and the boys in the locker room in creating a culture of success.

Honestly, I think Kaspars was a steal for us cause of his dominance in the VHLM. Can't wait to play with him on the ice. But I'd also have to say Ritchie, his work ethic speaks for him and he's a great guy for the locker room chemistry.

My guess is Benny Graves. That guy has been hitting the rink hard and he looks like he;ll be a monster in the upcoming VHLM season.

I think it'll be very similar, hopefully better! There will most certainly be definite leaders in the draft but I always like to watch for the dark horses.

Personally, I hope it's Mikko. As soon as I got drafted, he welcomed me with open arms. I hope to learn a lot from him and his veteran experience in the VHL.

I had no clue, other than that I was exposed, since S64 qualifies as old already.

Us, duh

I know only player that was drafted there - Piotr Jerwa

I'd have to know anyone there to answer properly this question

For sure dawg

Yeaah, last person to answer here is D - Luciano Valentino so I'm going with him.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, Enorama said:

1. I joined the team as the AGM to help Eno with stuff when he needs, and to be of help to our newer members.

2. DC's haul of late round inactives that turned up in the Discord server and started racking TPE again is hard to forget. NYA also had a great draft, but it's hard to fuck it up when you're b the stand half of the night.

3. Raleigh Ritchie turning out to be a 5th round active puts him first on my list. Even if he ends up only as a depth player, it's a win for DC. Sigard Gunnar going 20th to CGY could be a good sleeper.

4. It's gonna be either Soren Jensen or Benny Graves.

5. Drafts can't really get better, right? They make S63's pale in comparison.

6. As management myself, I'll refrain from answering this. I only needed 3 answers for 1 TPE anyway.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, Enorama said:

Stealing these questions, cheers:

1. I wasnt drafted by DC, although I am a fan of the location/branding. I didnt see any questions in the Davos press conferences so I stopped by here!

2. Probably New York because of their four first round picks. It was kind of like Seattle in 67

3. I think Kaspars Claude in the second round at 14th overall will prove to be a great pick

4. Soren Jensen or Benny Graves appear to be the favorites right now, the class looks strong. 

5. It's a bit early to say, there are definitely some top end talents available right now. We'll see more players declare as well. I think it has a chance to be better 

6. Luciano Valentino is my pick for future captain, dude looks like he is bound to be a stud

Thanks

A lot earlier than expected. I didnt even have a hunch of what teams were looking at me. I was saying to myself maybe my history is the reason I would drop later on or even go undrafted.

DC Dragons. I do not even follow enough to know to tell you. They got me and they got another italian, thats awesome

Gonna say myself once again.

I wish I could even tell you 1 guys name from that draft class

Apperently the S68 draft was actually a deep one. But considering the reddit people are coming over, a lot more players to choose from going into S69

All of us are great leaders. But Valentino would be the top on my list.

New week, new questions!

1. We've started a little rough for the season, were you expecting any better from the squad?

2. If you were GM of the Dragons for a day, what is the first thing you would do?

3. Which is more important to you; team success or personal success, and why?

4. If you could re-design any logo in the VHL or VHLM, which would you pick and what would you change it to?

5. Who is winning the Stanley Cup this year?

6. Is there any NHL or VHL player that you're modeling your play after?

2 hours ago, Enorama said:

New week, new questions!

1. We've started a little rough for the season, were you expecting any better from the squad?

2. If you were GM of the Dragons for a day, what is the first thing you would do?

4. If you could re-design any logo in the VHL or VHLM, which would you pick and what would you change it to?

1) Not at all, we're going right about the speed I thought we would(lmao)
2) I'd trade Aaltonen & our first round pick next season for a bag of pucks
3) team success all the way, all I want is to win the cup, doesn't matter if I get 20 points in the playoffs or 5, although contributing a bit would be nice.
4) I'd change the Saskatoon Wild & Ottawa Lynx logos, they too similar and bland imo.
5) you can hang this over your wall and show ur kids after because the next stanley cup is Florida's. 
6) Mikko Rantanen was my original role-model playerwise.

I think we're still feeling out how to play together as a team being so new, we'll find our groove after a few more games and figure out what works and what doesn't.

First thing would be to find Free Agents to fill out some roster spots, mainly forwards and find a goalie to help fill the pipes.

Team success above my personal success for sure, This team is brand new along with the squad, I think it would be beyond rewarding to bring home the grand prize to it's new fan base and build a legacy of success.

I think I'd switch up the Seattle Bear's logo, I think it can look more animated and ferocious than it's current state

Call me crazy, but I think Tampa Bay has all the tools and friendly contracts to make a solid run now that Columbus is deweaponized lol.

100% Erik Karlsson but with the ability to skate backwards.

Honestly, it was expected. I was also made aware for the season so it is alright. Gonna worry about improving my game for nxt season.

Invite the team over to my mansion, have unlimited alcohol hookers and maybe some other things ;)

With the situation of the team, it would have to be Personal Success. Were losing every game, might as well get on the scoresheet

I know Davos has a lot of history but I think I would change that logo. Been the same one for a while now, I think I would modernize it. Maybe change the colors from black and purple to Red and white since they are in switzerland.

Well, you know I am gonna say the Bruins

Patrice Bergeron or David Krejci. Love watching them play and I pick up a lot from both of them

On 9/16/2019 at 2:42 PM, Enorama said:

New week, new questions!

Not particularly, expansion teams are always gonna have it rough, it takes a while to put together a competitive roster, rome wasn't built in a day and neither is a championship roster.

Sign a goalkeeper and bring me back up to the main squad, nah just kidding, well... kidding out the second point at least.

I think it's a balance of both for any player, some players will try to claim they just care about team success but everyone wants to see themselves doing well on the stat sheet regardless of whether they admit it or not.

I'd redesign the Marlins, i mean, come on, it's not a very intimidating name for a Hockey team. The San Diego Dreadnoughts or something that sounds a bit cooler than a big fish.

5. Who is winning the Stanley Cup this year?]

Don't follow hockey so no idea, I only know like 3 teams in the NHL.

Who ever just scores a fuck tonne of goals?

New week, new questions!

I mean it's so far so good, plenty of points and I we are after some records too

Trade away Hitz that is stealing hits from me

Truly? Nothing here, it's just added bonus if I get either here, though most of the time it's neither

All of them, or rather none since I can't recall any of them or why I would want to change them.

Montreal Expos

I only know two that I googled - Jerwa & Czerkawski so you could say that after them.

Expected from a new team, they need time to build chemistry.

Fill out the empty roster spots and work on team building exercises

A good combination of the two, if the team is succeeding then it is likely I personally am succeeding 

4. If you could re-design any logo in the VHL or VHLM, which would you pick and what would you change it to

I'm not a fan of the Riga Reign logo

I follow the ducks so going to go for them.

Ducks RW - Jakob Silverberg

Anotha' one

1. We're piling up a few wins now, is this a good or bad thing for the franchise?

2. We've lost our first two matchups against our fellow expansion team in Prague, how do you feel about that?

3. Your GM recently made a minor move to bring in goaltender Pouta and defenseman Drumm from Vancouver, who won this deal and why?

4. If you had to relocate one team from the EU conference to the NA conference and vice versa, who would you move and where would you move them?

5. Does your player have a pregame routine?

6. How do you feel about your player's VHL/VHLM season so far?

1. We're piling up a few wins now, is this a good or bad thing for the franchise?

It ended historic run and I feel no one is expecting us to make postseason so not necessarily good, but it's nice to show we have potential.

2. We've lost our first two matchups against our fellow expansion team in Prague, how do you feel about that?

They are main threat in the tankathon race this year so I'm ok with that, I'd rather play spoiler and get wins against contending teams.

3. Your GM recently made a minor move to bring in goaltender Pouta and defenseman Drumm from Vancouver, who won this deal and why?

We did obviously, it's nice seeing more people getting accustomed to the team and maybe being part of it going forward.

4. If you had to relocate one team from the EU conference to the NA conference and vice versa, who would you move and where would you move them?

Davos from EU and New York from NA - just swap their locations for kicks off that - HC New York and Davos Americans sounds about right.

Nope, he is barely on time for game start and never has time for it.

6. How do you feel about your player's VHL/VHLM season so far

So far so good, racking up those assists and being Top 3 Defenceman so far.

Anotha' one

1) Depends on how you wish to see it, good if we were expecting to get 0 wins, or bad if we wish to secure the 1st round pick, either way I think it's nice to get couple of W's in the season.
2) We're just giving them a headstart, cuz this matchup h2h is changing for the better in the upcoming seasons.
3) Absolutely robbed them, Pouta has been stellar and Drumm has 5 points in 6 games.
4) I'd have to think about this more in depth to give a good answer, but I'd absolutely relocate Toronto so the canadian hockey fans lose their minds.
5) Just the usual - arrive at the game, tape the stick while listening to some rap and get to business.
6) Mikko is doing awesome, dude loves it here in D.C, scores pretty much every game, you love to see it.

Wins are always good, depends on if the team are trying to be stealthy and lay low this season.

An annoying start to be honest, would have been nice to come out on top against the other expansion team.

By the looks of things so far, grabbing Pouta was a great move.

Moving a Canadian team to the US would be quite funny.

Basic stretches and making sure he is relaxed

A huge improvement over last season, already doubled his goals and nearly his assists.

Edited by MacH
missed out the second 3 s in assists... That word has a lot of ssss's

Of course it's good! Any dub is great, Hope to see more coming our way!

It's a shame however the season isn't over yet. I'd consider them our rivals and hope to really give it to them out next outting.

Great move for us, we made out with an experienced goalie between the pipes and a great addition to the blueline. We most definitely won this deal.

Moving NY Americans anywhere in Europe would be hilarious simply cause... Americans.

Get to the rink on game day made early to warm the legs, bump some synthwave to get amped while dressing out before hyping up my teammates before player entrance

Honestly, I was hoping for much better. Seeing the negative +/- hurts but I've got to keep telling myself that I'm a rookie playing with the big dawgs. My time will come.

How is winning a bad thing? Enough said

It is what it is. Both teams are built in different ways, they just seem to have our number.

The players did, they joining the Dragons which is amazing.

I wouldnt want to move anything. It works fine right now. If it aint broke, am i right?

Pre workout shake, banana and a peanut butter sandwich

Im doing alright, I would have hoped for better stats but its all part of the process.

We go again.

1. Who's your pick for the Continental Cup this year?

2. What's the best logo in the VHLM and why?

3. Does your player miss anything about their home city/country?

4. If someone was a tourist in your home city, what's the first thing you would tell them to check out?

5. Music or no music in the locker room between warmup and puck drop?

6. What's your favourite holiday?

On 9/30/2019 at 12:45 PM, Enorama said:

1. Who's your pick for the Continental Cup this year?

2. What's the best logo in the VHLM and why?

3. Does your player miss anything about their home city/country?

4. If someone was a tourist in your home city, what's the first thing you would tell them to check out?

5. Music or no music in the locker room between warmup and puck drop?

6. What's your favourite holiday?

1. As much as I want it to be us, I'm hoping it's Malmo that goes all the way.

2. Halifax 21st cause that Hali-facts yo! Swim or drown, go Boats!

3. Besides family of course, he definitely misses the food and the small luxuries of his home country. Nothing like a real Italian expresso!

4. Potenza, Italy may not look like much at first but I'd definitely have my guest soak in the mountain side, the to-die-for local food and visit the great sites like the cathedral and the very rink where my career started.

5. All about that music, fam. Nothing sets the tone like a solid playlist to get amped before a good pep talk before hopping on the ice with the boys.

6. 100% Halloween, cause I can literally dress and be whomever I want! Plus I love all things spooky! ?