DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

:dcd: D.C. DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE :dcd:
Rough start, time for changes?

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, Answer 6 for 2

1. GM Frostbeard has told media that if needed, he is willing to make tough decisions and move roster players if the level o fplay doesn't increase. Do you think it is the right call?
2. Jason and Frenchman both had a really tough argument and VLG refused to comment after the last game - what was the argument about?

3. Last season our team was one of the best offensive teams, now we rank as one of the worst, what could have been the cause of that?
4. We have seen our goaltender have pretty shaky games, how would you motivate our goalie to be more focused and not worry about the past performances?
5. How do you feel about your player's performance?
6. Defensively we have been playing decently - what is the key to success in having a good defensive performance every night?

2 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

1. GM Frostbeard has told media that if needed, he is willing to make tough decisions and move roster players if the level o fplay doesn't increase. Do you think it is the right call?
2. Jason and Frenchman both had a really tough argument and VLG refused to comment after the last game - what was the argument about?

3. Last season our team was one of the best offensive teams, now we rank as one of the worst, what could have been the cause of that?
4. We have seen our goaltender have pretty shaky games, how would you motivate our goalie to be more focused and not worry about the past performances?
6. Defensively we have been playing decently - what is the key to success in having a good defensive performance every night?

1. I think that would be the right call. The team isn’t performing as well as we should be right now. Might be time for some changes

2. Probably about the teams performance. I don’t think they are happy with how they are playing or how the team is playing. The tension in the LR is prob pretty high right now

3. I think it’s just a slow start for the team. I don’t really know why it’s so tough for us this season compared to last season. Hopefully it’s all just a fluke and we step it up

4. Focus on the games in front of you, not the ones in the past that are done and dealt with. Our forwards and defence will try our best to help you out back there

5. Honestly pretty good. He’s on a slump recently but before that I was doing really well. I’m top 10 in rookie scoring which is nice to see

6. Stay with your man, don’t get caught watching the puck and good communication with everyone on the ice

1 minute ago, FrostBeard said:

1.  I believe it makes sense, yes.

2.  I have no idea, I were too occupied eating a cake!

3.  Perhaps it is just a slow start combined with overconfidence from last seasons result.

4.  Just promise him a pizza!  That should be enough of a motivation, if not then just throw in a box of cookies in the offer.

5.  While my player is not in D.C Dragons, I would like to say I am a bit nervous of his performance, though he have performed better thus far compared to his short play time last season.

6.  Frankly I got no idea what makes a good defensive performance, perhaps someone with more knowledge could answer this one for me.

1 - absolutely. Need to do what's best for sustainable success.

2 - if a hot dog is a sandwich. Surrounded by children 

3 - Simon giveth Simon taketh away

4 - promise him a pack of timbits for every win

5 - big ol meh energy

6 - hard work and sacrifice 

• 1 month later...

New season, another playoff push?

1. GM Frostbeard recently said that he believes D.C. Dragons have the roster to contend for the 1st place in NA, what are you thoughts about that?
2. Team Captain VLG was recently seen discussing future plans with tabloid magazine journalists - as your teammate, has he told anyone about his future plans?

3. D.C. Dragons recently made a trade and acquired a starter goaltender from Riga, do you think that will help our team finally be considered true contenders?
4. Mark Calaway is strongly considered to be one of the best defencemen going into S93, how influential will he be for D.C Dragons this season?
5. What are your individual expectations going into S93?
6. Recently Ben Laas in an off-season press conference said that the hidden jem going into S93 for D.C. Dragons is Keegan Gamble, do you agree with that statement?

4 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

1. GM Frostbeard recently said that he believes D.C. Dragons have the roster to contend for the 1st place in NA, what are you thoughts about that?
2. Team Captain VLG was recently seen discussing future plans with tabloid magazine journalists - as your teammate, has he told anyone about his future plans?

3. D.C. Dragons recently made a trade and acquired a starter goaltender from Riga, do you think that will help our team finally be considered true contenders?
4. Mark Calaway is strongly considered to be one of the best defencemen going into S93, how influential will he be for D.C Dragons this season?
6. Recently Ben Laas in an off-season press conference said that the hidden jem going into S93 for D.C. Dragons is Keegan Gamble, do you agree with that statement?

1. I would agree, the Dragons have a good team this year. Hoping we can show it during the season

2. Hasn’t told me anything yet, maybe he will soon? Or maybe it’s all a secret 👀 

3. I think it will definitely help, having a solid goaltender definitely helps teams win

4. Very influential. Hoping he can help lead the team to a good run during the season and showcase his skill

5. Just to be better than my rookie year, I was honestly pretty happy with how my player did as a rookie, hope he can keep it up and produce even more

6. Well I sure I hope I can be the hidden gem, that would be nice lol. Really hoping I can help the team out even more this year and produce even more

6 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

1. Yes I think that's definitely possible.

2. He told me that he'll be IA once again kidding. All jokes aside nope he didn't tell me anything sadly.

3. Yes we needed a good goalie.

4. I think he'll be very influential especially for the young defensemen.

5. Being on the top 10 points list and maybe winning a few more trophy's.

6. Yes 100% agree.

On 1/7/2024 at 11:05 PM, FrostBeard said:

1. D.C. Dragons do seem to have a powerful roster.

2. I have no clue what secrets he has been whispering.

3. If the goaltender can deliver on the promises then I can see a huge success!

4. it is difficult to tell right now, but I think Mark Calaway can bring a really good defensive play, this could inspire the other defencemen to up their game.

5. My expectation?  I expect a rocky start for sure, having to play with and against more experienced players, I do however expect to stay consistant during the 93rd Season.

6. I am not sure, but I would love for Keegan Gamble to be a hidden jem.  He certainly have talents.

• 1 month later...

Finals are here, how do we fare?

1. GM Frostbeard recently said that D.C. Dragons being an underrated team going into playoffs took away a lot of pressure from our players - your thoughts about that?
2. What are your thoughts about our team cohesion going into playoffs and now after having won our conference?

3. Mark Calaway has been incredibly important piece for D.C. Dragons going into playoffs, what are your thoughts on his performance?
4. What are your thoughts on your own performance?
5. We are going to face London in the finals - how do you feel about that matchup?
6. Jason is heading into his last few games in VHL due to retiring at the end of playoffs, what would be your message to him about his time with Dragons?

2 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

Finals are here, how do we fare?

1. GM Frostbeard recently said that D.C. Dragons being an underrated team going into playoffs took away a lot of pressure from our players - your thoughts about that?
2. What are your thoughts about our team cohesion going into playoffs and now after having won our conference?

3. Mark Calaway has been incredibly important piece for D.C. Dragons going into playoffs, what are your thoughts on his performance?
4. What are your thoughts on your own performance?
5. We are going to face London in the finals - how do you feel about that matchup?
6. Jason is heading into his last few games in VHL due to retiring at the end of playoffs, what would be your message to him about his time with Dragons?

1. I do belive that the players have been able to play with a clear mind thanks to being free from most pressure.

2. It is amazing to see how coherent the team has been.

3. My thoughts?  That he has been putting in a lot of work to achieve an amazing season and he do deserve some rest until the next one starts.

4. I believe that my performance has been really good, although I can't wait to make it to the VHL.

5. I am feeling opportunistic that it will go well for D.C. Dragons, thought it will certainly not be an easy fight.

6. You did amazingly well and I hope that your fortune shall continue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

@FrostBeard being lazy so I’ll have to do this myself! Geesh.

1. We won! It’s old news at this point really since our GM isn’t releasing new questions but whatever. How does it feel to be at the top?

2. Speaking of being at the top, we currently lead the league with an 11-3 record. What do you think has been the key to our early success?

3. The Frenchman currently has over 1 goal per game and is leading the league in points. What do you think was in the water in Rigs that was holding him back?

4. After a big win what’s your go to locker room snack or drink?

5. Have any teams surprised you with their success or failures this season?

6. The league recently made changes to bring goalie numbers down and scoring up. Do you think these efforts made sense / do you think they are working?