DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

20 hours ago, Enorama said:

Season is well underway, here's some press conference questions to help get you through the mid-season droll:

1. Which four teams will miss playoffs this season? (Two in each conference)

2. Washington, Graves, or Block for rookie of the year?

3. Who is the second most valuable Dragon so far this season?

4. If we go by the actual definition of MVP, is there anyone else in the league who rivals Aaltonen in terms of value for their team's performance?

5. Did you play video games growing up? Which console/PC?

6. What's your guilty pleasure food?

1.  Calgary and New York in our conference and Riga and Prague in the European Conference

2.  Lesieur.  lol  Ok, gotta go with one of my linemates - toss up.  Let's say Graves, just because I think he turns on the goal scoring jets and voters love to see the lamp lit.

3.  Go with Graves for the above reasons.  Or Jerwa.

4.  No.  Tempted to stop there, but he is so obviously head and shoulders above the rest of us and can so often put the team on his back and carry us to a win.  But our youth are working hard to keep up!

5.  Well, once they were invented.  lol  I first had pong.  But yeah, I spent most of my early video gaming on the PC.  Now it's all Nintendo handheld, iPhone or occasional Xbox or PS4.

6.  Bacon.  And I don't feel guilty.  I just enjoy.  lol

On 11/26/2019 at 6:16 AM, Enorama said:

Season is well underway, here's some press conference questions to help get you through the mid-season droll:

4. If we go by the actual definition of MVP, is there anyone else in the league who rivals Aaltonen in terms of value for their team's performance?

1. Prague, Davos, Calgary & New York

2. I would like it to be me

3. I think Pekka has been great

4. Definitely not

5. I use to play a lot of the Mario games on the Wii

6. Crumbed Cutlets are my favourite

On 11/25/2019 at 2:16 PM, Enorama said:

1. Id probably say Calgary and New York. Then Davos and Riga.

2. All three have shown they can play at a high level and they all look to have great futures. But I would have to go for Graves.

3. Thats a tough one but id have to with their GM on this one. Guys a dud sometimes.

4. Aaaltonen is just too good right now. Hes honestly just on another level. I think he takes MVP with ease.

5. Yeah I played a ton. Lots of NHL on the good ole Xbox for sure.

6. Hot dogs. Awful for you but damn do I love a good weenie.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:16 PM, Enorama said:

1) Davos & Prague, D.C & New York, I think we will do good compared to last season, but we need some more tools and TPE gains to really start building for playoffs.
2) Washington, pure assist machine.
3) I'd say Valentino for sure, he had a pretty good rookie campaign and now is looking to build on it even further.
4)Can't really say, What can I say is that, Aaltonen is a team-first guy, if u make a good impression to him, he is loyal to you forever.
5) It's actually kinda weird, I started as a console pleb, played PS1/PS2 exclusively, then when I was like 9 or 10 I got my first computer, and from there only I've been a PC video game guy, I'd want to play games that are exclusive to consoles(*cough* God of war, NHL *cough*), but I just dont' see the point of buying a console for 2 games, plus that shits mad expensive yo
6) Pizza, always love me some pizza.

Edited by GRZ

D.C.,  New York, HC Davos and Prague.

Graves - he's a good, tough player who's always looking to improve and make his team better.

Luciano Valentino for sure, he's a well rounded hockey player who's great at handling the puck and creating opportunities for his team.

I don't really think there is, Aaltonen is in a league of his own and his level of impact is way too significant for his team.

Played console games mainly, started first with the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. I didn't get into PC gaming until I was around 12 or 13.

My guilty pleasure food is actually not food but alcohol. I feel terrible every time I drink. If I were to pick a food though, it'd probably be pizza. Love it, but I hate myself every time I eat it.

On 11/25/2019 at 12:16 PM, Enorama said:

1. HC and NY? yea probably.

2. Graves.

3. Valentino!!

4. John Madden gets my vote to from HC.

5. Of course I did XD The N64 is the first console I played from what I remember, but I'm far more nostalgic for the 6th gen consoles, mainly the Gamecube and xbox which I still enjoying booting up every once in a while.

6. well if we could answer with a drink I would say Barq's rootbeer XD but for food..... probably just chocolate chip cookies with milk :D

Halfway done the season now boys n girls, here's some questions to celebrate

1. 36 games in and we have 15 wins, how many do we finish the season with?

2. Should we grab a defenseman or a forward with our 1st in the S70 draft?

3. Jerwa and Drumm are currently tied with 20 points apiece, who finishes off the season with more?

4. Out of Toronto, Seattle, or Vancouver, who would you rather face in playoffs?

5. Aaltonen winning most goals or Valentino winning best offensive dman, which is more likely?

6. Diner food or fresh bakery food?

2 hours ago, Enorama said:

3. Jerwa and Drumm are currently tied with 20 points apiece, who finishes off the season with more?

4. Out of Toronto, Seattle, or Vancouver, who would you rather face in playoffs?

5. Aaltonen winning most goals or Valentino winning best offensive dman, which is more likely?

1. gonna say around 36, I think ya guys will get it going.

2. I think a defenseman would be a good choice.

3. Drumm

4. I'm gonna say Toronto.

5. Valentino winning best offensive dman.

6. good question, diner food for me but fresh bakery sounds really good to!!

6 hours ago, Enorama said:

1.  I'm going to say we stay at about the exact same pace and finish with 30.  No, I predicted over 30 at the start of the season, so I'm going to say 31.  lol

2. Toss up really.  We are 9th in goals against and 10th in goal scoring so we need both.  I might lean defense, however, with Jerwa regressing and our young forward core continuing to improve.  Still, probably BPA.

3. Jerwa.  Just believe in Polish Power.

4. Seattle.  More fun knocking off last year's winner in our opening round upset.

5. Going with Aaltonen and goals.  He's right up there now and Smitty is just a little tough to beat on defense.  Though I love me some Valentino!

6. Diner food all day long.  Love fresh croissants, but how do you beat bacon and eggs served with a steaming cup of coffee in one of those really thick diner "cups"?

6 hours ago, Enorama said:

1. I say we end with atleast 40 wins. That or double what we have now.

2. Honestly either or would be great, but if I had to choose I'd say a forward or which ever would come with higher TPE with our pick

3. Jerwa. No offense to Drumm of course. When compared Jerwa is just the better player TPE-wise.

4. I'd say we'd probably have the best odds against Toronto.

5. Aaltonene for most goals. Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen seems to be likely to hold down that best offensive dman spot for a few seasons.

6. Diner food!

13 hours ago, Enorama said:

1. 32

2. I think there are a lot of good d-men/d-women in the draft

3. Drumm sorry Jerwa

4. Seattle because I have always been in Rayz Funk's shadow since Mississauga I want to show I am just as good

5. Valentino I think

6. Bakery all the way a fresh croissant with butter and Jam is too good

At least 30, for sure. I'm hoping for 40!

I'm personally hoping for a forward to help our scoring depth. Although another D-man would be great!

Gotta root for my boi/linemate/homedawg Jerwa, what he does a lot of the dirty work and doesn't expect recognition for it.

Toronto would give us the best advantage, I think.

Aaltonen for most goals, his margin is within reach while I have a ways to catch up to Smitty. Still not going to prevent me from trying ;)

I'm the kind of guy that loves rolling into diners after the bars close and get one of everything on the menu... then regretting it the following morning.

1. 36 games in and we have 15 wins, how many do we finish the season with? 38, fuck yeah

2. Should we grab a defenseman or a forward with our 1st in the S70 draft? forward, can never have enough

3. Jerwa and Drumm are currently tied with 20 points apiece, who finishes off the season with more? Drumm obvi

4. Out of Toronto, Seattle, or Vancouver, who would you rather face in playoffs? If this was the NHL I'd say any Canadian team because they can't close, but it's the VHL, so I will say Seattle

5. Aaltonen winning most goals or Valentino winning best offensive dman, which is more likely? Valentino for sure!

6. Diner food or fresh bakery food? Oooh I haven't had good diner food in some time, I'd go with that

On 12/2/2019 at 5:05 AM, Enorama said:

1. I think they finish in the 25-30 range.
2. I would lean towards defenseman. Someone with a lot of grit.
3. Drumm's going to edge him out, but i think it'll be close.
4. I wouldn't look that far ahead just yet. Playoffs are still a far reach for ya guys.

5. Aaltonen for sure. Guy's a beauty.
6. neither, i only eat what mama makes.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:05 PM, Enorama said:

1) 25+ for sure.
2) Probably a d'man, however if there aren't any good ones within the TPE range, opt for a forward instead.
3) I'd say Jerwa, guy has experience and he'll use that to notch himself some more points.
4) If we want to win - Toronto, if we want to make an insane underdog storyline - Vancouver, I'd go for vancouver personally.
5) Aaltonen has cooled off a bit lately, but I'm still positive he can score tons of goals during the rest of the season.
6) Big diner food guy here.

Edited by GRZ

1. What order will the bottom five teams shake out to? (Calgary, New York, D.C., Prague, and Davos)

2. Who's taking home WJC gold?

3. Do you keep cheering for your WJC home team even after you've graduated out or do you not care anymore?

4. Would you rather make playoffs and go out in the first round or just miss it and have a chance at a lottery pick?

5. Valentino's point production has fallen off a bit. Do Jerwa or Drumm catch him by the end of the season?

6. Does anyone have a shot at ending Saskatoon's unreal season in the VHLM?

1. What order will the bottom five teams shake out to? (Calgary, New York, D.C., Prague, and Davos)

1. D.C., 2. New York, 3. Calgary, 4. Davos, 5. Prague

Europe

3. Do you keep cheering for your WJC home team even after you've graduated out or do you not care anymore?

Sure, I'll always like to see Europe do well.

4. Would you rather make playoffs and go out in the first round or just miss it and have a chance at a lottery pick?

I never want to play for a pick, but for a win.  So, I'd rather make the playoffs.

5. Valentino's point production has fallen off a bit. Do Jerwa or Drumm catch him by the end of the season?

Lot of confidence in Jerwa.  Been playing well lately.  But Valentino is not going to slump all season.  I think he gets back on track and holds Jerwa and Drumm off.

Ending?  No.  You don't get to 49-1 by a fluke.  Mississauga may have a shot at taking them down in the playoffs, but I don't think anyone catches them in the regular season.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:05 AM, Enorama said:

Lets go for 35, I think a young team like DC can make the kind of improvements that other more experience or older teams can struggle to achieve so I think we can pick the pace up a bit come the end of the season.

Get a defenseman, I need less competition for spots if I'm ever gonna actually play for DC.

Hard to say, I think they each stand a good chance of putting up some really nice numbers, it'll probably just come down to which way the puck bounces as they're both really talented players.

I'd say it's gonna be Toronto, both of the the other two are putting up really strong seasons and that's why they sit top of the table while the Legion have faltered a bit as the mid-season has come on.

Aaltonen probably, he's neck and neck with Randoms and he has the drive and determination to push on a make a really strong go at nabbing that scoring title.

Fresh Bakery food, getting fresh croissants in the morning is so great, smack some bacon in the middle and you've got yourself something special. Not to mention getting some really good tiger bread, nice and crusty on the outside and then lovely and fluffy in the middle. It's making me hungry just talking about it.

2 hours ago, Enorama said:

1. I got DC, New York, Calgary, Prague and then Davos coming in last.

2. Theres a lot of strong teams this year but Igot to go with Sweden.

3. Always got to root for the homeland, no question.

4. Make playoffs for sure. Just getting that playoff hockey experience is helpful.

5. I think they both keep it close but if i had to put money on it id stick with Valentino.

6. I dont know, its going to be tough. They got a great team and whatever theyve been doing has been working for them. Im hoping I see them in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Enorama said:

1) New York, Calgary, D.C , Prague , Davos.
2) Europe all the way baby.
3) It would be cool if Europe keep winning, but I personally don't really care.
4) If it's a guaranteed 1st round exit, I'd rather try at a pick instead, yeah playoff experience would be nice and all, but we're gonna make playoffs for the next 3-5 seasons if we build on our already strong core.
5) Valentino definitely has the will and determination to comeback from this slump, regular season is long and it's only understandable that every player slumps a bit during it.
6) LMAO what???? 49-1? this looks like something straight out of a hockey manager game, absolutely nobody will stop this, but massive congrats to the team that won them in their only loss, absolute legends stopped the 72-0 dream.

7 hours ago, Enorama said:

1) 1. D.C 2. Prague 3. Calgary 4. NY 5. Davos

2) I'll say Europe why not.

3) I would, I would feel a connection to the team since I had spend years of my life with them. Even it was just a month it was still an important time,

4) Tough one..... If I knew that we were gonna go out in the first round for sure ya I'd rather miss but there's always that chance that our team could go on a run and go to the finals or something crazy.

5) possibly, I think he could pick it back up though.

6) probably not XD

1. D.C. 2. Prague 3. Calgary 4. NY 5. Davos

I'm hoping for my Home team of Europe!

Of course, My WJC experience was a great one! Just a shame we ended up Silver when we crushed the rest of our games during our run.

As much as Playoffs would be great, I think long term a nice lottery pick for us would be setting us up for future success

I think both of them got a great shot, I'm hoping that I'll at least make it exciting for them and find my groove again ?

They look unstoppable, I'm hoping they keep at it cause it's one for the books!

14 hours ago, Enorama said:

1. Davos, Calgary, Prague, New York, D.C. Bottom to top.

2. Canada 

3. Yup. I always cheer for my home team regardless if I moved on or not

4. Make playoffs. Always feel like there’s still some pride and even a chance at winning a title is better than none 

5. Nah. I’m sure he’ll pick it back up eventually

6. At this point it’s not looking like anyone will aha

On 12/10/2019 at 8:47 PM, Enorama said:

1) D.C, NY, Calgary, Prague, Davos.

2) Team World, with their star Goalie.

3) Well I am in it at the moment so really cheering.

4) I think Playoff experience could be good for the team, but a pick would be better.

5) No, it is just a small dip he will accelerate again.

6) I think Mississauga and Mexico have a chance.

1. Prague

2. Davos

3. New York

4. D.C.

5. Calgary

I think team USA is taking it. They consistently breed world class talent and are always a very strong competitor in both the WJC and the Olympics.

I don't particularly care anymore, that time in my life is done and I've moved on.

It's a tough call to make. On one hand, making playoffs can be a great morale booster for the players (especially if this is a team that doesn't reach playoffs very often), and have a positive impact on local businesses where the team is located, even if it's just to go out in the first round. On the other hand, it can also much better for a team's long term success to miss playoffs for 1 or 2 seasons, push for a chance at a lottery pick and secure a higher overall pick in the draft.

Valentino's a good player, don't get me wrong, but he's not a generational talent. I predict him falling off by having a handful of games that are really quiet. Games where he isn't scoring a lot, giving Jerwa and Drumm openings to catch up to his point production.

If any teams have the potential to do it, it's a toss up between Mississauga, Mexico City and Philadelphia. Mexico City and Philly are yet to beat Saskatoon so far, but both teams have proven that they can stay competitive with the best team in the league. Mississauga was the team that ended their 50 something game win streak, and being the 2nd best team, probably has the best shot at taking them down.