Will Gritty Stay in Davos? [1/2]

eaglesfan036

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

A few days ago, the Quebec City Meute shocked the world when they traded away their most beloved player of all time, Gritty.  After getting off to a tumultuous start with the organization, Gritty developed deep relationships with many members of the Meute, particularly Michael Gary Scott and Rauno Palo. To add insult to injury, a few hours after trading Gritty, he was replaced by partner in crime @DilIsPickle, who would have made an unstoppable duo with Gritty. While Gritty may not have ever put up great regular season stats with the Meute, he came elevated his game in some of the most important moments in the playoffs, with the most memorable being his Game 7 winner against the hated New York Americans. One season off of a cup victory, Beaviss made the shocking decision to get rid of one of his key forwards he just protected in the expansion draft. 

At first glance, Gritty and Davos seem like a great fit, as the eaglesfan and flyersfan agency have a great relationship as brothers, and Gritty is also good buds with his lizard catching friend, @Ahma. However, what casual observers may fail to notice is that Gritty only has one season left on his contract, with no guarantee he will re-sign with Davos after the season is over. Vancouver built up a lot of loyalty in Gritty, as they were the organization that took a chance on him high in the draft, created seasons of great memories with teammates, and delivered a cup victory just last year. It is very likely Gritty would have re-upped for another season with Vancouver, but that is not the case with Davos. Davos has yet to build this loyalty with Gritty, and their track record of success is nowhere near Vancouver's the past few years. Dynamo GM Shawn Glade has made some very curious decisions the past few seasons, and while he may be a great member and GM to play for, you need to win on the strategy side as well. 

As things currently stand, Gritty is very likely to hit free agency this coming offseason. The trade by Davos does give them a leg-up in signing Gritty for the long term, as it gives him a trial run to see how things could go. Gritty is open to re-signing with Davos due to his aforementioned relationships with a few of their players, and will consider re-signing depending how the rest of the season goes. The only way for Davos to truly guarantee Gritty re-signs is if they win the cup, as Gritty will not turn down the chance to be back to back champs.Upon trying to enter the Davos locker room, Gritty was stopped by a security guard who did not know who he was. Perhaps adding Gritty to the Davos locker room on the forum would help his chances of re-signing!

Gritty out

ice hockey christmas GIF by NHL

Edited by eaglesfan036

29 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

the eaglesfan and flyersfan agency have a great relationship as brothers

Hold up.

Are you actually brothers or is this just figurative? I'm still a new guy when it comes to some things.

2 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

we're actually multis but don't tell anyone

Thought so, back when you both had Gritty pictures and I was a new guy I was entirely incapable of telling the difference.

16 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Thought so, back when you both had Gritty pictures and I was a new guy I was entirely incapable of telling the difference.

All of us with Philly related usernames are related.

@eaglesfan036

@eaglesfan0366

@flyersfan1453

@Sixersfan549

@Philliefan

8 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

@eaglesfan0366

I'll have you know I've used chat.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've used it (three, for the curious, and conversation was never initiated by me), but I have.

So let me into the Gritty club.

Edit: Since writing this, I have used chat again. Interesting.

Edited by GustavMattias

On 10/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

Dynamo GM Shawn Glade has made some very curious decisions the past few seasons, and while he may be a great member and GM to play for, you need to win on the strategy side as well. 

welp.......fuck

Review

Lots of little details that give this article character - from calling the Wolves the Quebec City Meute to pointing out the fact that you're not currently part of the Davos LR Forum! This type of article gives a more intimate/personal look into how different teams run, as well as the factors that go into the choice to pursue free agency/re-sign with a given team. You've clearly delineated what it will take to guarantee a re-signing, as well as factors keeping you with the team, but only time will tell if any of those fall into place.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Will Gritty Stay in Davos? [1/2]