WJC Team Europe under pressure to win

Elmebeck

TEAM EUROPE, WJC S68

602x338_cmsv2_2f6e25e7-c4bc-50fe-9502-54

EU STAFF
Pär-Mårten Elmebeck (GM)
Lincoln Tate (Assistant GM)
Guy LeGrande (Assistant to the Assistant GM)

EU ROSTER

AVERAGE TPA AT TIME OF PICKS
Europe: 276
Canada: 240
USA: 214
Asia: 210
World: 172

Team Europe are clearly the favorites with this roster and it is up to them to lose the gold, but can they contain Morpheus (@Abaddon)? 

WJC GM Elmebeck had this to say, "I am very happy with the roster me and our team have put together, now it's up to us to make sure the lines work, and up to the players to perform to the high expectations. The whole of Europe is watching us and we won't fail them!"

@Tate, the assistant GM, nodded during the press conference, "This is one of the strongest showings in years, I really hope we can win this comfortably and with a performance we don't have to feel ashamed about."

Guy LeGrande (@Steve), the assistant to the assistant GM offered, "This is the opposite of the Monroe doctrine."

The press, Elmebeck and Tate look a bit lost while trying to parse what LeGrande just had said, but somehow it made some sort of sense. Elmebeck caught his bearings, "If USA falls to us we could call it a part of the Marshall Plan? An attempt to save Europe's pride?" Pity laughter ensued among the reporters at the weak joke. Elmebeck cleared his throat with some embarrassment.

A Finnish reporter stepped in, "Sinulla on joukkueessa kolme ruotsalaista ja kolme suomalaista, onko tämä tarkoitus?"

Elmebeck without missing a beat, "Kyllä, halusin tasapainottaa sen ja saada edustajia myös Islannista ja Tanskasta, mutta valitettavasti ketään norjalaista ei ollut valittavissa turnaukseen."

The press conference was about to end, people shuffled down towards the openings as one more question was raised loudly before the two coaches and the assistant to the assistant could escape, "Attakallio (@Bobby Bummhole), what made you pick him at 39 TPE?! Has he even played this season?"

w6ONLPv.png&key=e34d1a4310221be5483ef1e5

Elmebeck removed his glasses and squinted, "Because he called me and asked to be on the team," he paused gravely, "and I have never seen anyone opening a door to the bench as well as he does. He'll be great, and that's that."

The reporter got a bit more combative in his tone, "How do you explain skimming over @Edustava and Ohradka (@animal74) then? I thought your son played with them in Houston? Not to mention your neglected to pick Petrovic (@Tyler)?!"

"Because I don't play favorites like that. Obviously both I and Fredrik would have liked to have both of them, and I was heavily considering Petrovic, but as long as I knew they were picked by World or Asia I wanted to go for some players slightly better than them. This is my team, not Fredrik's..." Pär-Mårten paused again, "...and certainly not yours."

"Is that how you run Mississauga?" the reporter continued in an accusing tone.

"Do you even follow hockey? I am assisting the GM in Saskatoon Wild, not goddamned Mississauga Feebles. Now, thank you very much for this opportunity to present our team. We have work to attend to."

"The public has a right to know! What about Jokinen! Swedish bias?!", the reporter shouted while raising his fist as security started to remove him from the room.

Elmebeck's thoughts were on the lines already, "Lehtinen - Eller - Nolan would make sense for 1st line? Wouldn't it? Wouldn't it..."

AVE  EUROPE NOSTRA  VERA PATRIA

slide_1___Source.jpg

(Thanks to @Ahma for help with the Finnish grammar, sorry for not being able to pick you)

Edited by Elmebeck