Historical Battles Article Series

Advantage

18 minutes ago, solas said:

On a selfish note maybe Maxwell vs Axelsson?  Two hall of fame wingers selected first and second overall in the same draft.

9 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Krīgars vs Locke = two ''outta nowhere'' HoF'ers that probably were never supposed to be that good in the first place.

Added both.  I would say both matchups are pretty interesting.

• Admin
9 hours ago, Advantage said:

So I like Rafter vs Molholt.  Two guys whose career numbers are ridiculous but lacked a bit award cabinet.

I think Chershenko vs Cornerstone would be interesting.  What do you think? Similar amount of awards, 850+ point getters, 100+ playoff point guys.

Smalling vs Parechkin for me is more interesting though I think all three have good arguments. 

My only issue with Snijider vs Reikkinen is that Reik has a significant award cabinet and the better numbers.  Would be a hard case for Snijider to make honestly.  Reikkinen vs Tordahl and Snijider vs McQueen? Sell me on Snijider and Reik cause you know your stuff.  Main thing I want is an argument for both sides to not make the article too in favour of one side.

My other suggestion was going to be Chershenko vs Tordahl actually. But Cornerstone might work. But O'Malley vs Cornerstone I think isn't as two sided as you might think.

I don't actually have much of an argument for Snijider vs Reik other than same draft and I read Snijider's HOF article and Reik comes up a lot. Snij would get blown out of the water tbh. Reikkinen vs Jenkins though, that's a whole different kettle of fish.

To give defencemen some love:

Jeff v Phil Hamilton

Bentley vs Velvet (5 finals each,  2 Labattes each)

32 minutes ago, Victor said:

My other suggestion was going to be Chershenko vs Tordahl actually. But Cornerstone might work. But O'Malley vs Cornerstone I think isn't as two sided as you might think.

I don't actually have much of an argument for Snijider vs Reik other than same draft and I read Snijider's HOF article and Reik comes up a lot. Snij would get blown out of the water tbh. Reikkinen vs Jenkins though, that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Jeff v Phil Hamilton

Added all four.  I'll take your word on O'Malley as I've been looking for one to do with him that isn't Scotty (since you've done that one before).

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Added all four.  I'll take your word on O'Malley as I've been looking for one to do with him that isn't Scotty (since you've done that one before).

do you mean the greatest forward of all-time? No one actually compared to Scotty at all but I did a 3-way comparison of O'Malley, Cornerstone, and McAllister to rank them from 2 to 4. 

1 hour ago, Victor said:

do you mean the greatest forward of all-time? No one actually compared to Scotty at all but I did a 3-way comparison of O'Malley, Cornerstone, and McAllister to rank them from 2 to 4. 

I thought I remember when TOM retired you doing an article on whether he surpassed Campbell.

2 hours ago, Victor said:

Jeff v Phil Hamilton

Ok can we just talk about "kettle of fish"

• Admin
40 minutes ago, Advantage said:

I thought I remember when TOM retired you doing an article on whether he surpassed Campbell.

Entirely plausible. There's a lot of black holes in my memory during Clegane's career.

Also no addition of Chershenko. ? 

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Entirely plausible. There's a lot of black holes in my memory during Clegane's career.

Also no addition of Chershenko. ? 

I was thinking Chershenko vs. Unassisted but wasn't sure what you thought.  I'd be down doing a guy like Szatkowski too if you thought an older generation would be a fun comparison.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Advantage said:

I was thinking Chershenko vs. Unassisted but wasn't sure what you thought.  I'd be down doing a guy like Szatkowski too if you thought an older generation would be a fun comparison.

Yeah or Jonsson or Tordahl. Tbf I think there's a few guys who beat Chershenko easily but in most cases <insert bias> he's hard to compare to anyone directly because of reg. season and playoffs.

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, Devise said:

You should see if you can find someone scrubby enough to give Logan Laich a contest in terms of worst highest TPE player. 

You mean like Kastelic

@Enorama