Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

7 minutes ago, IamMOOSE said:

With management busy, I offered to help out with the press conference this week. Hope it's good for you guys. Here it is for the week of 7/27/2020-08/02/2020

1.    Miami began the season 9-0-1, a phenomenal start. How do you feel the team has lived up to the expectations set by many so far and how does the current start reflect your expectations for Miami this season?

2.    How satisfied are you with your player’s start to this season? What are your expectations as the season rolls on?

3.    A lot has been said about Miami as the Evil, the Heels of the M. Ten games in, how do you feel about that perception now?

4.    To bridge into the last few questions here; What part of your player’s game are you most focused on aside from SC and DF?

5.    If you could pick one skill that could be my effective in the sim, what would it be?

6.    With 16 teams in the VHL and 12 in the M, there’s plenty of space for more new members. With what took place with recruitment recently, what suggestions would you give to the recruiters of this league on how to attract new faces?

1.  We will win the chip. This is expected

2. Im doing well. i wish i could get more scoring tbh

3. Call us the Evil. What ever. You'll gonna lose ether way

4. Skating and Puck Handling. Maybe checking too. Need to get physical

5. Discliple ?

6. Be Original. Ask the community and help newbies

1. I think this team has defied the expectations placed on us.

2. I was hoping for a couple more points than what I have now. Hoping to rebound toward a point per game.

3. Yeah they aren't wrong.

4. Mostly Skating and Passing because those are still very important skills for a player.

5. Passing because then there would be goals for days.

6. Spread the word in other Discord servers if they can.

Patrik Laine will now be taking questions from the media

1) I think we have lived up to expectations, ranked 1st in the league is a good feeling. The team as a whole has been playing good, all 4 lines and Bacon in net has been phenomenal so hopefully we can keep this up.

2) I'm satisfied so far, putting up points and playing good defensively, doing everything I can to help us win. I want to start getting my goals up and more shot blocks. I can improve defensively and I know that. Also playing more physically would be good with my frame.

3) Well, Houston and Minnesota has also been off to great starts. We still seem like the menace of the league and we are going to play to stay in 1st and go all the way. What other people say about us doesn't really affect me, but those are my kind of comments.

4) Checking and Strength. I know I have a big frame so I need to get those up in order to use it. Puck Handling is a big one too so I don't lose the puck every 2 seconds.

5) Scoring definitely. I love scoring goals and it would be awesome to lead the league in goals.

6) Ask everyone to recruit real life friends. I brought my good friend Jiggly Gumballs into the league and he has loved it, so I think that would be a good idea.

1.    Miami began the season 9-0-1, a phenomenal start. How do you feel the team has lived up to the expectations set by many so far and how does the current start reflect your expectations for Miami this season?

I think we have exceeded others expectations so far this season, but for this group, the single overtime loss was disappointing such is the belief we have. 

2.    How satisfied are you with your player’s start to this season? What are your expectations as the season rolls on?

In typical fashion, my player is a bit relaxed about contributing points wise, he likes to save it for the playoffs. I think much as last season he will be a PPG player at the end of the season.

3.    A lot has been said about Miami as the Evil, the Heels of the M. Ten games in, how do you feel about that perception now?

I have no idea where that has come from, is it really a thing? Perhaps other teams are a little jealous of not only our skill level this season, but how tight we are as a group?

4.    To bridge into the last few questions here; What part of your player’s game are you most focused on aside from SC and DF?

Is their a stat for consistency? Seriously, he's maxed out, so its all about the bank account now. 

5.    If you could pick one skill that could be my effective in the sim, what would it be?

I am beginning to think DF scoring is op and that a play making build is not really worth the effort. 

6.    With 16 teams in the VHL and 12 in the M, there’s plenty of space for more new members. With what took place with recruitment recently, what suggestions would you give to the recruiters of this league on how to attract new faces?

Make it sparkly and add primary colours? I'm not too sure, as the VHL is not something that you need fast twitch muscles for, so console & PC games will always be more attractive to most youngsters. Having two kids, it's all about the devices nowadays, I'm not even sure they know how to write.

1.    Miami began the season 9-0-1, a phenomenal start. How do you feel the team has lived up to the expectations set by many so far and how does the current start reflect your expectations for Miami this season? I think we will do great as we are right now Who rah.

2.    How satisfied are you with your player’s start to this season? What are your expectations as the season rolls on?

Off to a rough start prepared to last season hope it changes .

3.    A lot has been said about Miami as the Evil, the Heels of the M. Ten games in, how do you feel about that perception now? One of the best teams in the League

ill go with the evil lol 

4.    To bridge into the last few questions here; What part of your player’s game are you most focused on aside from SC and DF? Little both working on my passing now 

5.    If you could pick one skill that could be my effective in the sim, what would it be? Better offence

6.    With 16 teams in the VHL and 12 in the M, there’s plenty of space for more new members. With what took place with recruitment recently, what suggestions would you give to the recruiters of this league on how to attract new faces? Maybe bonus tpe for signing ?

1.    Miami began the season 9-0-1, a phenomenal start. How do you feel the team has lived up to the expectations set by many so far and how does the current start reflect your expectations for Miami this season?

King: “I’ll admit, I had concerns that we’d have some troubles with the sim and that would plague us early. I’m so proud of the group we have here. We can talk about expectations all day but it’s the work and the effort that these guys and gals put in that have us where we are.”

2.    How satisfied are you with your player’s start to this season? What are your expectations as the season rolls on?

King: “An impossible question for me. Right now I’m focused on putting up more numbers and that’s been a little hit and miss. Guys like Laine, Stansson, Lamb are really firing on all cylinders. We’re right in the thick of it though. And I’ve been fortunate enough to capitalize on some game deciding plays, so that’s been rewarding. Never content though. I want to elevate my play even more down the stretch here as every game becomes more of a challenge.”

3.    A lot has been said about Miami as the Evil, the Heels of the M. Ten games in, how do you feel about that perception now?

King: “People are gonna talk. We’re pretty heavy down the lineup with top end stars so people were always gonna talk. We just gotta play our game.”

4.    To bridge into the last few questions here; What part of your player’s game are you most focused on aside from SC and DF?

King: “Possibly puck handling, maybe passing as well. I’m in a unique position where all my training is going to be focused on next season now so it’s difficult to put those extra reps into any category right now. For my last tweaks in the M, I think PH or PA might be the way to go.”

5.    If you could pick one skill that could be my effective in the sim, what would it be?

Moose: “my effective…” Ya FUCKED IT UP MOOSE!

King: “Leadership. I think Leadership can be a great momentum turner in a sim.”

6.    With 16 teams in the VHL and 12 in the M, there’s plenty of space for more new members. With what took place with recruitment recently, what suggestions would you give to the recruiters of this league on how to attract new faces?

King: “I think it’s not just about new recruits, but retaining current recruits. And possibly attracting people back to the league who maybe welfare check a lot but could be doing more. As for recruitment posts, I think word of mouth, bringing on friends, and even ground, grunt work is more effective. With so many standards and regulations from sites about solicitation, it’s hard to get that permission to go for it.”

On 7/27/2020 at 1:18 PM, IamMOOSE said:

With management busy, I offered to help out with the press conference this week. Hope it's good for you guys. Here it is for the week of 7/27/2020-08/02/2020

5.    If you could pick one skill that could be more effective in the sim, what would it be?

1). We are the league leader in points, I thing things are going very well regarding both outside expectations and my own.

2). Very satisfied. Grachev is playing well defensively and has a few assists already. It might not show up in stats but being able to shut down opposing teams is a great feeling.

3). We definitely feel like the big bad evil guys, and I don’t mind that one bit.

4). Passing and Puck handling. I want to get those up to 75 or 80 before I cap out at 250 TPE.

5). Skating, I’d love to see how someone with a high skating stat could just blow right by people and score on breakaways in the game log and actually have it say something like: ***** gets the puck in the neutral zone. Breakaway. ***** SCORES.

6). I feel like we need a bigger social media presence and a more polished network. The fact that drafts and events take place on individual twitch streams that are hard to access unless you look on discord is a little tough. Some people can’t be on discord 24/7. An instagram page exists but it’s the bare minimum. What about a VHL Twitch account? Or a subreddit on reddit where we can just link the subreddit to posts that we are targeting for recruitment? Even improving the Instagram page or a twitter page to post links to game scores would be great; it would give those players the ability to feel like a part of the league even without being on discord. 

1.    Miami began the season 9-0-1, a phenomenal start. How do you feel the team has lived up to the expectations set by many so far and how does the current start reflect your expectations for Miami this season?

Well, people expected us to dominate, and that's exactly what we're doing.

Very happy. I don't expect to go much over PPG this season, so I would be happy with even 70 points.

3.    A lot has been said about Miami as the Evil, the Heels of the M. Ten games in, how do you feel about that perception now?

They hate us 'cause they 'aint us. Plain and simple. I accept it.

4.    To bridge into the last few questions here; What part of your player’s game are you most focused on aside from SC and DF?

I need to get my ST up, but I like being pretty even overall.

5.    If you could pick one skill that could be more effective in the sim, what would it be?

We need a partying (PT) stat. Lamb would have to be 99 in that ASAP.

6.    With 16 teams in the VHL and 12 in the M, there’s plenty of space for more new members. With what took place with recruitment recently, what suggestions would you give to the recruiters of this league on how to attract new faces?

Just mass recruiting. Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, hell, let's get an official VHL TikTok.

On 7/27/2020 at 3:18 PM, IamMOOSE said:

5.    If you could pick one skill that could be more effective in the sim, what would it be?

1. Miami has had a pretty aggressive beginning of the season. I think that we're going to continue with strong games, but after our upset with Las Vegas, it's clear that we're not unstoppable. Rather than player updating, especially since a lot of players have capped or are almost there, I think it's going to come down to the strategy coming from higher up.

2. Matty Socks has had a pretty good start, and I expect him to continue on a similar trajectory for the rest of the season. With a team full of folks who are high-performing, it's unlikely that any one person will have strong individual stats, so my expectations are low. 

3. We're beatable, opponents just have to play smart. 

4. Other than defense (which really should be everyone's number one priority in my opinion), I'll be working on upping my passing game. On a team of scoring-oriented builds, it'll be important that I keep my passing strong to assist other folks. 

5. Leadership? I don't know. I've just created my build based on effective VHL builds.

6. I'd say that people inviting their friends is a good way to bring people in rather than relying on the official /recruiters/. 

On 7/27/2020 at 4:18 PM, IamMOOSE said:

1) not until we win a championship 

2) not really i would like more SB and a better +/-

3)just bring it, i love the heel persona

4)it's pretty self explanatory, i care about winning first

5)Discipline and leadership 

6)yourself, if i'm a piece of shit and managed to turn enough faces, just by being yourself you'll land in the correct place

- It's really been incredible. The guys are living up to their names and we are showing the league that we mean business

- This season has been very down for me personally, but at the end of the day, the team is doing well and I will do everything I can to help out and add to the success.

- Doesn't really matter. We will keep doing our thing and keep winning. That's what matters

- Passing and setting guys up. Good break out passes and helping to contribute to as many goals as possible.

5.    If you could pick one skill that could be more effective in the sim, what would it be?

- I'll go hot take. Leadership.

- There's some incredible are work and graphics done here that definitely it's shown off enough in my opinion.

I think we are living up to external expectations. It's hard not to when you're #1 in the league. It's tougher living up to your own expectations, and it's harder to say if we're doing that.

I think I am doing pretty well overall. My PIMs recently shot up, and usually I need to be out of the box to help my team the most. I expect to improve in that area.

I've heard this said by us, but who else is saying this, and why? Stansson is so misunderstood lol!

Scoring and defense is where it's at. I'd like to improve in puckhandling and skating, too.

Leadership. Intangibles are fun, and my understanding is leadership does little, if anything. It'd be awesome if there was a demonstrable correlation between leadership and performance of linemates, for example.

I would give fun testimonials from players who enjoy it from different commitment levels--superstars and people who just do a little bit each week--on forums for the NHL.

Big ups to @IamMOOSE for the presser last week - he'll keep up that great work as he AGMs his new team too!

1) The VHLM standings are divvied clearly into two tiers. We lead the CONTENDERS tier with 42P, but the 7th place team has 35P and there are six teams nipping on our heels. Now that we're about a third of the way through the season, what can we do to separate from the pack?

2) Our 2 OTLs lead the league, and we haven't won a game that extended past 60 mins. Why have we struggled to close games out in sudden death?

3) Last season, the Marauders dragged the top-seeded Minnesota Storm to Game 7 of round one. Now that we've seen some of what the Beast of the East can do, what are your expectations or hopes for S73 playoffs?

4) At some point, the trade deadline will sneak up on us. What should management do at the Trade Deadline to improve our team?

5) Which bubble hockey do you prefer: bubble hockey or hockey in a bubble?

6) I've been out of the VHL loop a bit this summer - what's your early contender for Graphic of the Year or Media Spot of the Year?

Players:

1. Show off the strong depth within the lineup.

2. Probably a mix of bad luck on defense and not utilizing depth properly.

3. Hopefully make it to the Finals.

4. Maybe add strength on defense.

5. Bubble hockey for sure.

6. I'm not sure about both too.

Patrik Laine will now be answering questions:

1) We gotta find a way to win those close games. Look at our losses last week, all 1 goal games and we gotta be able to come out on top in those games.

2) We compete so hard the first 60. Those extra minutes wear us down but we gotta be able to take the extra point because those can help us extend our lead.

3) We should be able to go on a Founder's Cup run, but we will see come playoff time. It's been good so far, but anything can happen.

4) I don't see anything we need to upgrade right now. We've been playing good and earning so we're okay right now.

5) Definitely hockey in a bubble.

6)  A Media spot of the year candidate has to be Advantage's mock draft from S73. I haven't seen a lot of graphics so that one is still up in the air.

1) The VHLM standings are divvied clearly into two tiers. We lead the CONTENDERS tier with 42P, but the 7th place team has 35P and there are six teams nipping on our heels. Now that we're about a third of the way through the season, what can we do to separate from the pack? Keep practising defence and offence.

2) Our 2 OTLs lead the league, and we haven't won a game that extended past 60 mins. Why have we struggled to close games out in sudden death?

Practice more 4 on 5 3 on 5 or Work on discipline

3) Last season, the Marauders dragged the top-seeded Minnesota Storm to Game 7 of round one. Now that we've seen some of what the Beast of the East can do, what are your expectations or hopes for S73 playoffs? Everybody’s gonna play harder so we got to play even harder 

4) At some point, the trade deadline will sneak up on us. What should management do at the Trade Deadline to improve our team? Not sure 

5) Which bubble hockey do you prefer: bubble hockey or hockey in a bubble? Hockey in a bubble 

6) I've been out of the VHL loop a bit this summer - what's your early contender for Graphic of the Year or Media Spot of the Year? Not sure 

1) The VHLM standings are divvied clearly into two tiers. We lead the CONTENDERS tier with 42P, but the 7th place team has 35P and there are six teams nipping on our heels. Now that we're about a third of the way through the season, what can we do to separate from the pack?

Just keep doing what we're doing. Teams will fall off down the stretch.

2) Our 2 OTLs lead the league, and we haven't won a game that extended past 60 mins. Why have we struggled to close games out in sudden death?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Sometimes you get the puck luck and sometimes you don't. Playoff OT is all I care about. 

3) Last season, the Marauders dragged the top-seeded Minnesota Storm to Game 7 of round one. Now that we've seen some of what the Beast of the East can do, what are your expectations or hopes for S73 playoffs?

Anything but a championship would be considered a failure.

4) At some point, the trade deadline will sneak up on us. What should management do at the Trade Deadline to improve our team?

Honestly, we don't need much, nor should sell. Maybe a depth trade or something, but I see the roster looking pretty much the same past the deadline.

5) Which bubble hockey do you prefer: bubble hockey or hockey in a bubble?

HOCKEY IN A BUBBLE BABY, 6 GAMES ON ALL DAY, WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?

6) I've been out of the VHL loop a bit this summer - what's your early contender for Graphic of the Year or Media Spot of the Year?

Any graphic that involves me gets my vote. As for media spot, just pick your favourite "Patrik's Picks" by Laine. Any of them could be up there.

1) The VHLM standings are divvied clearly into two tiers. We lead the CONTENDERS tier with 42P, but the 7th place team has 35P and there are six teams nipping on our heels. Now that we're about a third of the way through the season, what can we do to separate from the pack?

I'd say improving our shooting percentage. We typically outshoot the crap out of other teams. We just need to finish.

See above. When we've got so many shots on the goalie, and he's stopped 35 of 37, that goalie's not going to give up a soft one. Whereas (not blaming Bacon at all) he's only faced 12 or 15 shots, it might go in a bit easier.

3) Last season, the Marauders dragged the top-seeded Minnesota Storm to Game 7 of round one. Now that we've seen some of what the Beast of the East can do, what are your expectations or hopes for S73 playoffs?

I hope we meet Minny in the final and have an epic series where we walk away the victors. That would be sweet!

4) At some point, the trade deadline will sneak up on us. What should management do at the Trade Deadline to improve our team?

Honestly, either nothing or make a move for a significant shooter.

Hockey in a bubble.

6) I've been out of the VHL loop a bit this summer - what's your early contender for Graphic of the Year or Media Spot of the Year?

I'm going to have to say Patrik Laine's description of his first game back in Houston, for us!

On 8/3/2020 at 12:03 PM, bigAL said:

Big ups to @IamMOOSE for the presser last week - he'll keep up that great work as he AGMs his new team too!

1) The VHLM standings are divvied clearly into two tiers. We lead the CONTENDERS tier with 42P, but the 7th place team has 35P and there are six teams nipping on our heels. Now that we're about a third of the way through the season, what can we do to separate from the pack?

2) Our 2 OTLs lead the league, and we haven't won a game that extended past 60 mins. Why have we struggled to close games out in sudden death?

3) Last season, the Marauders dragged the top-seeded Minnesota Storm to Game 7 of round one. Now that we've seen some of what the Beast of the East can do, what are your expectations or hopes for S73 playoffs?

4) At some point, the trade deadline will sneak up on us. What should management do at the Trade Deadline to improve our team?

6) I've been out of the VHL loop a bit this summer - what's your early contender for Graphic of the Year or Media Spot of the Year?

Players:

1). We keep working hard and earning TPE to solidify ourselves as leaders in the league. With our solid offensive core and defensive backbone, we should be set to continue to win.
2). Depending on our overtime strategies, we may need to switch gears. If we are focusing offensively, maybe operating a defensive approach would benefit us or vice versa.
3). With this squad, I would be shocked if we didn't make it to the finals. My goal however is to hoist the cup at the end of it all.
4). I really doubt there is much we can do to better our team more than what we have now. If anything, and I know this isn't ideal for keeping people, but the Miami Marauders have no first round draft picks next year. With this squad, it could prove beneficial to trade away a player to obtain some draft capital. I'd hate to see it but it would help the Marauders be competitive again next year.

5). Bubble hockey. Yeah hockey in a bubble could be great with all the things catered to you but you miss out on family, fans, and being able to get away from it all. It's tough to compare that to a bubble hockey tournament with friends or family, beers, pizza or food, and just having a good time together.
6). The S73 VHL Mock draft by advantage. That was very well done with a lot of information that set it much higher than other media spots.

On 8/3/2020 at 10:03 AM, bigAL said:

Big ups to IAmMoose for the presser last week - he'll keep up that great work as he AGMs his new team too!

We got the best defence of the league and the most talented group. I just hope our scoring won't be a problem in the playoff.

Switch up the OT line up until we win some.

Win the cup.

Nothing at all to be honest. We are already stacked we got a bunch of people getting near 250 TPE.

Hockey in a bubble.

No idea

On 8/3/2020 at 1:03 PM, bigAL said:

Players:

1. Those that arent at 250 keep getting that tpe as much as possible

2. We need to fix the OT lines , we need more scorers and defense ( a tie is better than a loss ) 

3. Hope we can make it to the championship 

But until then no slacking off get that tpe

Im at fault as well

4. Nothing. Theres nobody worth scarificing a trade they are too worthy and good for the team 

All we need is motivation and mantain a postive healthy locker room.

5. I prefer bubbles 

6. Im not sure but il look for some id pick

On 8/3/2020 at 2:03 PM, bigAL said:

Players:

1) just keep winning

2) it's just bad luck

3)the same as day 1,to win a championship 

4)I can't really think of anything that might be done differently, those guys are doing a great job

5) hockey in a bubble, it just sounds better 

6)hmmm....Emi's podcast "2 minutes for boarding" any episode it's as good as the previous.

- Play better and win games. Simple as that

- I wish I had answer for you, but we just haven't stepped up to the plate past 3 periods

- I'm expecting to get back for my 3rd championship appearence. I've been there and know what it takes. I will do my best to get this team there.

- They just need to make a decision on if the team is good as it is, or if they want to take that one more step in going further all out this season.

- Let's play some bubble hockey

- I've been out of the loop too sadly

1) The VHLM standings are divvied clearly into two tiers. We lead the CONTENDERS tier with 42P, but the 7th place team has 35P and there are six teams nipping on our heels. Now that we're about a third of the way through the season, what can we do to separate from the pack? I don't know. We are playing bad, so we need to start becoming more consistent and start winning all of the games.

2) Our 2 OTLs lead the league, and we haven't won a game that extended past 60 mins. Why have we struggled to close games out in sudden death? As I said, we need to be more consistent. At one minute we are playing like VHL team and on another moment we are playing like bottom tier VHLM team.

3) Last season, the Marauders dragged the top-seeded Minnesota Storm to Game 7 of round one. Now that we've seen some of what the Beast of the East can do, what are your expectations or hopes for S73 playoffs? If we meet Minnesota Storm this year, we are screwed, because we are not playing good at all. Hopefully we pick everything up and improve, so we can make a late run in the playoffs.

4) At some point, the trade deadline will sneak up on us. What should management do at the Trade Deadline to improve our team? Probably trade Byrne for someone more useful. 

5) Which bubble hockey do you prefer: bubble hockey or hockey in a bubble? Looks like you were running out of ideas buddy. :D

6) I've been out of the VHL loop a bit this summer - what's your early contender for Graphic of the Year or Media Spot of the Year? I don't know, I don't really read anyone's media spots or graphics.

:mia:MIAMI MARAUDERS PRESS CONFERENCE:mia:

Week Ending 8/16

1.  Miami was recently blown out by the Houston Bulls 7-2. What did you take away from that game and how will we play better down the stretch?

2. This week is VHL Theme Week! What do you plan to do to get the bonus 6 uncapped TPE?

3. Next Monday is the Trade Deadline. Which players or what positions do you think we should take a look at?

4. If you could choose any superpower to use for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?

5. Do you have any pre-game rituals?

6. How do you think we will perform in our games leading up until the playoffs? What do you think we have to do to take our game to the next level?