Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending October 4* (remember you only have to do 6 for your 2 capped TPE) 

1.      Now that we’ve gotten a good amount of games under our belt, how do you feel you’re settling in with the team (or your VHLM team)?

2.      8 of our 17 regulation losses have been by 1 goal. Where can we improve to start turning those close losses into wins?

3.      How has the adjustment to the VHL been for your player?

4.      Which team has surprised you the most this season and why?

5.      Dakota Lamb and Victor Grachev are neck-and-neck for the top rookie point-scorers at 39 and 37 points respectively. Who’s your money on to lead rookies in points in the end?

6.      We have the best power play% in the league, but the 4th worst penalty kill%. How would you rate our performance on special teams this season so far?

7.      How’d you feel about the Stanley Cup Finals?

8.      If we were to lease the name of our arena, which brand would you want to see take on the name of the arena?

9.      Do any sports betting lately?

10.  What would you rather do: rake a shit ton of leaves or shovel a large driveway with a moderate amount of snow solo?

15 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1.      Now that we’ve gotten a good amount of games under our belt, how do you feel you’re settling in with the team (or your VHLM team)?

2.      8 of our 17 regulation losses have been by 1 goal. Where can we improve to start turning those close losses into wins?

5.      Dakota Lamb and Victor Grachev are neck-and-neck for the top rookie point-scorers at 39 and 37 points respectively. Who’s your money on to lead rookies in points in the end?

6.      We have the best power play% in the league, but the 4th worst penalty kill%. How would you rate our performance on special teams this season so far?

8.      If we were to lease the name of our arena, which brand would you want to see take on the name of the arena?

10.  What would you rather do: rake a shit ton of leaves or shovel a large driveway with a moderate amount of snow solo?

1). Feels great, I’ve been very productive from the get go here in Warsaw!

5). I’d say Lamb, they have really turned things up in the past couple of games. I would not be surprised if they took home ROTY at the end of the season.

6). We have done fairly well offensively but I really think we can improve defensively. That may just come with the next season since we are still a young team but it needs to be improved upon.

7). I was really impressed that the NHL was so effective in limiting COVID amongst all the teams. And even the playoffs as a whole still felt like actual playoffs instead of a weird couple of games which was great.

9). Mainly fantasy football. I won $0.50 last weekend so retirement is that much closer ?.

10). Shovel snow for sure. The wind can kick up leaves and blow them back across the yard, plus you have to rake over an area multiple times. At least with shoveling snow you scoop an area and move on.

1.      Now that we’ve gotten a good amount of games under our belt, how do you feel you’re settling in with the team (or your VHLM team)? Doing decent more than 1/2 point than games.

2.      8 of our 17 regulation losses have been by 1 goal. Where can we improve to start turning those close losses into wins? Just need to tighten up at the end of the game.

3.      How has the adjustment to the VHL been for your player? Been hard, for sure harder than VHLM, but manahing

4.      Which team has surprised you the most this season and why? I think we have been doing better than i thought

5.      Dakota Lamb and Victor Grachev are neck-and-neck for the top rookie point-scorers at 39 and 37 points respectively. Who’s your money on to lead rookies in points in the end? Lamb

6.      We have the best power play% in the league, but the 4th worst penalty kill%. How would you rate our performance on special teams this season so far? I would say we are doing pretty good, power play% first is ? 

It's been an interesting experience. I haven't been as impactful as I was hoping to be on day one, but we're a young team and I think we'll look interesting going into the future.

Starts and ends with possession, and I think that is best represented by defense. I can slap a puck into goal from our ice but have a hard time stopping opposing forwards and offensive defensemen, so I think I can always improve in that regard.

Weird. Before this season it'd been a while since I took the ice without Venus, and so it's harder to try and establish chemistry with someone new.

4.      Dakota Lamb and Victor Grachev are neck-and-neck for the top rookie point-scorers at 39 and 37 points respectively. Who’s your money on to lead rookies in points in the end?

Dakota Lamb, duh. I think the RotY conversation may be a little closer but I've got the utmost confidence in our Dakota!!

5.      We have the best power play% in the league, but the 4th worst penalty kill%. How would you rate our performance on special teams this season so far?

C. We're performing at the level I expect us to, maybe even a little higher on power plays. Killing penalties is always tough no matter how old or young you are, and for more competitive teams is probably more a reflection of your team composition. With a super young team like us I'm surprised we're not even lower.

6.      Do any sports betting lately?

If Venus were to help me out I'd consider spending a fixed amount of money in some small bets but I haven't tried betting here in the States. It's very prominent in this country!

1.     Now that we’ve gotten a good amount of games under our belt, how do you feel you’re settling in with the team (or your VHLM team)?

It's still a big work in progress but the team has been coming together we'll!

This is a hard one. I think it just comes with growing the youth and team chemistry!

3.      How has the adjustment to the VHL been for your player?

Rough rough rough! Lexi Glass has not played up to her full potential so far!

I don't know many other teams but I will say us because we are so young and doing decentish

I expected Tampa to win so it's okay. At least my Bruins lost to the cup winners

6.      We have the best power play% in the league, but the 4th worst penalty kill%. How would you rate our performance on special teams this season so far?

We are a great scoring team so I am not surprised by this! Team will get better as we grow!

Edited by AW13

On 10/2/2020 at 12:11 AM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1) Pretty good, i guess
2) Get a better goalie, this goalie is slaking fr
3) Kinda good, hoping to end at .9 sv%
4) I hit .9 for a sim, and fucked it up the next sim
5)No comment
6) No comment
7) It was good
8) No comment
9) yes, i have been doing a lot

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending October 11* (remember you only have to do 6 for your 2 capped TPE)

1. Coming off the biggest trade in team history, how do you think this team will gel with the addition of Latrell Mitchell and WIllie Dredge?

2. If we were to shore up a position through another deal leading up to the trade deadline, which position would it be and why?

3. Now that we've passed mid-season, what has been your main focus to help us convert some of these close losses into points in the standings?

4. Former Predator Arthur Dayne has scored 3 goals in his last 2 games for the Calgary Wranglers, and Alex Bridges chipped in 9 hits for them against Helsinki as well. Are you surprised to see your former teammates have success elsewhere?

5. What would you name our team mascot?

6. Although our first round pick will be tied up in Muffbeav, we will still have a high second-round pick on our hands. What position do you expect us to target with that?

7. If Every Kiss Begins With Kay™, then why don't we call it krench kissing?

8. If a hot dog is a sandwich, and a tomato is a fruit, is ketchup a smoothie?

9. Which VHLM team has your favorite branding and why?

10. How are you doing on this fine mid-autumn morn?

13 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Coming off the biggest trade in team history, how do you think this team will gel with the addition of Latrell Mitchell and WIllie Dredge?

2. If we were to shore up a position through another deal leading up to the trade deadline, which position would it be and why?

3. Now that we've passed mid-season, what has been your main focus to help us convert some of these close losses into points in the standings?

4. Former Predator Arthur Dayne has scored 3 goals in his last 2 games for the Calgary Wranglers, and Alex Bridges chipped in 9 hits for them against Helsinki as well. Are you surprised to see your former teammates have success elsewhere?

6. Although our first round pick will be tied up in Muffbeav, we will still have a high second-round pick on our hands. What position do you expect us to target with that?

9. Which VHLM team has your favorite branding and why?

1. Hopefully good otherwise I will feel terrible being the big piece in the trade

3. Yeah hoping that once I settle in that I can add a lot more offence to the team and hopefully that translates to some wins

5. Predator might scare away some of the kids, let me think on that one

6. Think we need to go forward as both our goaltender and defence situation is looking great 

7. Because krench is too close to kranch and we don't want to make kranch kissing a thing

8. Ketchup can be whatever it wants to be as it is disgusting 

On 10/6/2020 at 11:08 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Coming off the biggest trade in team history, how do you think this team will gel with the addition of Latrell Mitchell and WIllie Dredge? We will do better i guess

2. If we were to shore up a position through another deal leading up to the trade deadline, which position would it be and why?  I hate trades, uhhh lets stick with this, I love warsaw :) .

3. Now that we've passed mid-season, what has been your main focus to help us convert some of these close losses into points in the standings?  We are doing pretty well

4. Former Predator Arthur Dayne has scored 3 goals in his last 2 games for the Calgary Wranglers, and Alex Bridges chipped in 9 hits for them against Helsinki as well. Are you surprised to see your former teammates have success elsewhere?  No not surprised, they do what they do

5. What would you name our team mascot? Muff beav ?.

6. Although our first round pick will be tied up in Muffbeav, we will still have a high second-round pick on our hands. What position do you expect us to target with that? Umm maybe a D or C.

9. Which VHLM team has your favorite branding and why? Ottawa , DUh

5. What would you name our team mascot? Patty the Pred

6. Although our first round pick will be tied up in Muffbeav, we will still have a high second-round pick on our hands. What position do you expect us to target with that? Probably defense, we have very few of them.

7. If Every Kiss Begins With Kay™, then why don't we call it krench kissing? uh cause french kissing sounds way better, idk.

8. If a hot dog is a sandwich, and a tomato is a fruit, is ketchup a smoothie? uh, in fear of getting too controversial, i will not answer.

9. Which VHLM team has your favorite branding and why? The new Aces branding was nice, as well as the Bulls branding

10. How are you doing on this fine mid-autumn morn? Well its 11:37 PM, but doing good.

Hard to say. There's always something to be said about team chemistry. I hope that Alex Bridges's function of puck sponge is no longer needed with a little more overall support across the team, but that's yet to be seen with most of our team still in development.

Center. We have a disproportionate number of forwards and could really use another center with some faceoff ability. Unfortunately I think it'll be a little tough to find a player with the requisite earning ability (since they're wingers with faceoff basically) unless we pick one up in the next draft.

3. Former Predator Arthur Dayne has scored 3 goals in his last 2 games for the Calgary Wranglers, and Alex Bridges chipped in 9 hits for them against Helsinki as well. Are you surprised to see your former teammates have success elsewhere?

Nope. I'm glad they're having success and we had to carefully weigh our options when trading away Dayne/Bridges. They're both good players but may have not fit the timeline of the team as well.

4. Although our first round pick will be tied up in Muffbeav, we will still have a high second-round pick on our hands. What position do you expect us to target with that?

As said above, center. Defenseman will be covered as we'll have a slightly older defensive core and a relatively high earner in Muffbeav.

5. If Every Kiss Begins With Kay™, then why don't we call it krench kissing?

Uh, have you seen Kranch™ dressing? I'm not kissing anyone with that.

6. If a hot dog is a sandwich, and a tomato is a fruit, is ketchup a smoothie?

Does it matter if you're not going to drink it as one? Wait, don't tell me you've drank ketchup straight-up. Please.

1. Coming off the biggest trade in team history, how do you think this team will gel with the addition of Latrell Mitchell and WIllie Dredge?

So far so good! The guys have been great and the future is bright with them in the lineup!

I'm always for adding new defensemen so I'll go that route!

I really am just trying to round out my build to play better. So far it has been pretty bad.

Not at all! These guys are great players and deserve to get the recognition!

Gabe the Predator. I don't know why, just the first that popped up!

If I had to guess, either defense or center. I don't know though!

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending October 18* (6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Since the trade last week that brought in Latrell Mitchell and Willie Dredge the Preds have gone 6-8-1. Do you feel the team has improved with that trade?

2. Speaking of trades, today is trade deadline! Do you feel that Warsaw will be involved in the market or keep quiet and why? (If it is passed the deadline why or why not were they active?)

3. Are there any trades that you think will or have happened that will or have shocked you?

4. With rosters being set after today going into the playoffs, who do you think will win the cup?

5. How many more seasons before you think Warsaw is contending for a playoff spot and maybe being the team to add pieces at trade deadline?

6. Warsaw has two players leading the rookie scoring race, Lamb with 60 and Grachev with 54. Do you think these two finish top in the league and if you had to choose between the two, who wins top rookie of the year?

7. With off-season just 20 games away, what are your plans for off-season?

On 10/12/2020 at 9:19 AM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Since the trade last week that brought in Latrell Mitchell and Willie Dredge the Preds have gone 6-8-1. Do you feel the team has improved with that trade?

2. Speaking of trades, today is trade deadline! Do you feel that Warsaw will be involved in the market or keep quiet and why? (If it is passed the deadline why or why not were they active?)

3. Are there any trades that you think will or have happened that will or have shocked you?

4. With rosters being set after today going into the playoffs, who do you think will win the cup?

5. How many more seasons before you think Warsaw is contending for a playoff spot and maybe being the team to add pieces at trade deadline?

6. Warsaw has two players leading the rookie scoring race, Lamb with 60 and Grachev with 54. Do you think these two finish top in the league and if you had to choose between the two, who wins top rookie of the year?

1). I believe so, we got a younger defenseman and a winger who can help our team for a few season while the younger guys develop.

2). I don't think we will, we will want to keep most of our picks and grab more players for next season to bolster our roster.

4). Moscow looks very strong and I think they have what it takes to win the cup.

5). I'd say at the most 3, but within 2 I think we will be there.

6). I think the two of us rookies won't make it to the top of the league in overall scoring but we will lead all rookies at the end of the year. Lamb is a much better scorer and I feel that they deserve ROTY honors after this season.

7). Keep training and making myself better, but probably go find some new places to eat in Warsaw. I love to try new foods.

Yes, I feel like we are doing really well lately. The team acquired some great fits and is now coming together well.

No reason to be super active right now with such a good young base in the team. Expected quiet.

I will go with another I have seen just above and say that Moscow will win it all for Mother Russia.

It should be interesting. I will be optimistic and say we could compete for a spot for next season and then take off from there. Hopefully, because I want to win!

Give me Lamb right now just because of the points lead. If they tie in points, give me a coin!

Keep working at my game! Need to get better and improve on this somewhat underwhelming season!

I think we've improved, 5-game losing streak be damned.

We put most of our eggs in the one basket with the Mitchell trade so we otherwise remained quiet.

The way the cap is set up it makes sense that this was a quiet trade deadline.

I think Moscow has been lights out this year but it's always impossible to discount Seattle even without Rayz Funk on the team anymore.

I think we can grow into contention pretty quickly, we do need to make some more moves to really bring ourselves there in my opinion though.

I definitely would love for them to maintain the top 2 spots, although John Merrick just shot past Grachev. I'd love to see one of our guys get the award, it's tough to pick between one of my boys but it looks like Lamb is more likely to win it right now.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:49 PM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Yes we did , significantly
2.NO, i dont think so
3. Nah, not yet
4.Calgary  maybe
5.  2 or 3 i guess
7. To get better 

I think it's hard to say. The landscape of the league is always shifting, and it's possible that we could have had a couple of games vs. backup goalies in this stretch. We'll need more time to see if it was actually a net positive (although I think it was).

Generally keep quiet. We're not in any hurry to win championships, and I suspect we're okay with the relatively young core we've worked to build.

Nah, I don't think so. The playoff teams are fairly delineated and I don't know if, among the many of them, there's anyone who doesn't think they have a chance.

I dunno. Moscow? Seems like they're doing alright. But it's a complete crapshoot in the playoffs to be honest.

Probably three seasons. We're an extremely young team and many of us are from the same draft class, so we'll become progressively and uniformly better rather than having some regressing players and some with multiple years left in their "prime."

6. With off-season just 20 games away, what are your plans for off-season?

Taking it easy and relaxing for a while probably. I'll probably meet up with Venus too!

t0iLC3y.png

1. The season ends in just a couple days, are you happy with your performance this year? 
2. With us not owning our 1st round pick, do you still plan to give it your all in the 1st overall tournament?

3. It’s Taco Tuesday! What’s a must have topping for you? 
4. Have you been playing the new NHL 21 game? If so, what are your thoughts? 
5. Would you be interested in being a guest on a podcast?

6. Do you have any goals that you specifically want to reach individually next season?

7. I asked last week, but now that the season is nearly done, cup winner? - Go

On 10/20/2020 at 2:23 AM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. The season ends in just a couple days, are you happy with your performance this year? 
2. With us not owning our 1st round pick, do you still plan to give it your all in the 1st overall tournament?

6. Do you have any goals that you specifically want to reach individually next season?

1). Absolutely, I performed way better than I thought I would!

2). I always give my all, even when it might not matter for us. Gotta put in 110% every time I play!

3). Hot sauce for sure. Need that extra little spice and sizzle to my tacos.

4). Mainly watching it on youtube, some good features were added but not enough to convince me to spend the money when I still have NHL 20.

5). I don't think I would mind it at all, it would mainly be an issue of finding time to do it. With working and raising a baby, what even is free time?

6). I really want to improve my +/- and beat my point totals next season.

On 10/20/2020 at 3:23 AM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. It has gotten a lot better. It was rough early on but I am happy with the ending.

2. Always. Never back down.

3. I only eat meat and cheese on my Tacos. I am boring like that but the simpleness is so good.

4. I have not but I want to try it out. I am usually a Madden/2K person though.

5. Yeah I think that would be really fun when time allows!

6. I would love 20+ goals and I think that would be easily reachable in year 2!

Overall, no. I won't be satisfied with our performance until we start winning again, and that'll take time. Even then, we can't get complacent: we need to ensure we're constantly improving, and ensure we're treating every loss as a learning experience. And, guess what -- that means we'll be learning  every week as long as we're in this league.

Yeah, why not? At the end of the day I need to justify the chance Warsaw took on me, as well as my paycheck. What's there to lose?
3. Have you been playing the new NHL 21 game? If so, what are your thoughts? 

Hmm... I do not think there are many of us in Denmark that play this "En Aych Ell." I am not familiar, though I think Venus has tried to loop me in to playing it sometimes.
4. Would you be interested in being a guest on a podcast?

Sure. That's not a lot different than answering these press conference questions, so I do not see the harm in it. Plus, hopefully it lets me give more than the canned answers I'd normally give in a post-game presser.

5. Do you have any goals that you specifically want to reach individually next season?

The playoffs! That's not an individual goal, but it's what I want out of Season 75.

6. I asked last week, but now that the season is nearly done, cup winner?

Riga. I love a good underdog story, and Tate deserves a good ride into the sunset kind of story.

On 10/20/2020 at 12:53 PM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Yes, I am veryyy!
2. uhhhh, we be getting  Muffbeave
3. umm, maybe tomato 
4.i dont play that :( 
5. uhhh, maybe not
6. Get better 

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending November 1* (6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Already feels like we haven't played hockey in forever, what are you doing to satisfy your craving for more hockey?

2. Are you watching this year's VHL playoffs? If so, who are you cheering for?

3. We're planning a team paintball tournament, you are a captain, who is your first pick for your team? 

4. Now that you can relax on training a bit for off-season, what are your go to cheat foods?

5. We'll soon have a ton of players join us from the draft, what are your ideas for some hazing?

6. How did you do with VHFL this year? Are you going to have to study harder for next season?

7. Who is one member you would give anything to have on our roster?

Edited by dasboot

1. Already feels like we haven't played hockey in forever, what are you doing to satisfy your craving for more hockey?

Watching game tapes and everything to try and improve mental ability on the ice.

2. Are you watching this year's VHL playoffs? If so, who are you cheering for?

I am not. I am preparing to have our team be in this position.

3. We're planning a team paintball tournament, you are a captain, who is your first pick for your team? 

Give me Krishna. He can protect me and stop the paintballs!

4. Now that you can relax on training a bit for off-season, what are your go to cheat foods?

Potato Chips yummmmm! So good!

5. We'll soon have a ton of players join us from the draft, what are your ideas for some hazing?

They can carry all my bags and everything. Will be nice for a change!

6. How did you do with VHFL this year? Are you going to have to study harder for next season?

I did not do very well but I don't believe I was last so that is good! Probably not, I will wing it!