Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

5 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending January 17* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Big congrats to Malmo, how does it feel now that we lost to the cup champs in the playoffs?

2. Draft is in a few days, do you get excited even though you're not part of it?

3. We made a big trade bringing in Uhtred, are you happy to have another star forward up front?

4. With the roster pretty much set, how do you feel about Warsaw's chances next season?

5. What have you been up to with your time off in the off-season so far?

6. I know it's a joke about golfing after the playoffs, but do you play?

7. We also acquired a backup goalie for nothing this off-season! How much more confident are we gonna be not playing in front of a bot goalie?

8. Which team has been the winner of the off-season thus far?

1. Better but know it has the it should be us feeling to it

2.yes it’s always fun to see where everyone goes or if there’s a trade figuring out who they traded up for 

3. More power! Hopefully they give the little extra boost to make a even deeper run

4. I like them let’s shock the league 

6. no I don’t play I’m not patient enough for golf

7. way more confident Carson is a great goalie so now I feel like we have a chance in backup games

9 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Big congrats to Malmo, how does it feel now that we lost to the cup champs in the playoffs?

2. Draft is in a few days, do you get excited even though you're not part of it?

3. We made a big trade bringing in Uhtred, are you happy to have another star forward up front?

4. With the roster pretty much set, how do you feel about Warsaw's chances next season?

7. We also acquired a backup goalie for nothing this off-season! How much more confident are we gonna be not playing in front of a bot goalie?

1) No shame in losing to the champs, as long as we learned something from it. If we keep making good moves and playing hard that championship will be ours next!

2) Draft day is the best part of any league. There's just something about knowing that the next superstar is somewhere in there, and not even necessarily in the top picks.

3) I'm an offence first sort of guy (yes even as a Goalie), so I love to see upgrades in that department.

4) Had a pretty great sesaon last time, and we only got better, so I expect great things.

5) Well I won the Founder's Cup in the VHLM a couple days ago then moved from Philly to Warsaw, so this is my first moment off.

7) Being that backup goalie for free, it is always nice to know someone wants me over a bot haha, but honestly I hope I can make a few saves and keep us competitive in the few times I need to shine.

It is always a bit better losing to the champs because you lost to the best team and that is okay.

It is always great welcoming new teammates but it is not as exciting not being part of the draft in my experience.

It will be good. Not sure what it will do with my ice time but hoping to get to a cup final!

I like our chances a lot. I think we made playoffs sooner than I thought but sky is the limit now!

Lexi has been working on her modeling career around the world making stops in Portugal and Dubai.

It has been awhile but yeah I enjoy golfing from time to time!

Hrm. It doesn't really change my mood too much, even if they were the champions. If we want to go all the way, we'll need to be able to beat everyone at their best.

To an extent! It's always fun to bring in new faces, even if they may not play with me or some other teammates all that much. I'm interested to see how they fit in to our plans!

I think chemistry is always important! I hope Uhtred can find their place in our team quickly, as we've got some cups to win!

Good. The playoffs are certainly unpredictable, but I think we'll have a chance if we keep our work ethic from the last couple of seasons.

Hanging out with Venus @BladeMaiden, of course. ❤️

Not in the least! I have actually never played a single game of golf, as it is far too slow-paced and non-interactive. With skating there are times of serenity, certainly, but never times when I feel disengaged.

1. How are you coping thus far into the off-season, missing hockey already?

It's tough, honestly offseason is super boring.

2. What kind of beverages you gonna enjoy the next few weeks?

Some hot chocolate.

3. How important is it that we lock up Lamb this off-season?

Very he's the franchise cornerstone at this point.

5. Are you excited for NHL to start back up?

Yup, finally have something to watch that isn't NFL.

6. Who do you cheer for in the NHL? 

Edmonton Oilers

7. Is there anybody in this upcoming S76 draft class you want to join the team?

L if he's in this class

On 1/13/2021 at 1:12 PM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Big FFs, we will be back tho 
2. ya maybe ig
3. We traded? no one told me.
4. ring season baby
5. uhh, i am on vacation
6. nah, yo boy hooping

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending January 24th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Now that the offseason has finally ended, which team(s) do you most look forward to playing against?

2. What are your goals for this season?

3. Having started 4-0-0 for a second consecutive season, what has been the main factor behind our strong start?

4. What was your favorite sports story of 2020?

5. How has the addition of Uhtred and rookies Kevin Wu and Nero Endrizzi to the team impacted us so far?

6. What is one change you'd make to make the league more engaging and/or fun?

7. Chocolate or other sweets?

8. What is your favorite kind of bread?

9. If you could change the color scheme of our logo from the blue, orange and white, which colors do you think would go nicely on our logo?

1 minute ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Now that the offseason has finally ended, which team(s) do you most look forward to playing against?

3. Having started 4-0-0 for a second consecutive season, what has been the main factor behind our strong start?

5. How has the addition of Uhtred and rookies Kevin Wu and Nero Endrizzi to the team impacted us so far?

9. If you could change the color scheme of our logo from the blue, orange and white, which colors do you think would go nicely on our logo?

1. All of them, can't to be playing in VHL

2. No goals, just want to be able to help the team however I can

3. Our GM ofc, without him we wouldn't be able to do that

4.  Don't watch that much sports, but Lewis Hamilton does have 7 drivers championships now

5. I think I haven't been able to do much so far but as the season goes on I think I can contribute more

6.  Nothing i'd personally change it seems decent from my point of view

7. I def prefer other sweets like traditional chinese ones, but I also love dark chocolate

8.  I like any bread but Japanese milk bread slaps hard

9. I'd love to see some red or more black.

Seattle Beats, always look forward to playing and beating your former team.

To hit 100 points like a couple seasons ago, want to have a career point per game and my third cup.

Our offense has been firing and we have even scored some on the PK.  Uhtred has his first shorties of his career

The Bills winning the division.  Its always been tough to be a Bills fan but its great to finally win some playoff games.  Hope they can bet Mahommes this weekend.

I'll go with chocolate and favourite is kit kat or coffeee crisp which I dont think is sold in the US.

I love a good focaccia 

1 hour ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. For me it’s playing against NYA in the EU probably Moscow 

2. simply be better then I was last year 

3. the fact that everyone is chipping in points 

4. Alex Smith being able to play again 

5. all three are going to help with Uhtred being more immediate impact, while allowing Wu and Endrizzi to grow into their roles

7. Chocolate, Reese’s are my favorite 

9. I think red and black would look good 

Prague and Malmo just because they are EU and teams I recently played for.

A championship is always the goal!

6-0-0 now I believe and just the whole team is coming together!

I'll piggyback off the one above. Alex Smith story is amazing.

Obviously it has been amazing! Chemistry has not been hit at all!

Depends on my mood really. I bounce between fruity sweets vs Chocolate when I am having sweets.

On 1/21/2021 at 2:01 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1). Helsinki due to friends on the team, Chicago, and Malmo. We have some things to prove this season and beating last season's champion and the cinderella team that almost was would be great.

2). End the season with a higher +/- ratio. That and more hits/shots blocked.

3). The new additions on offense have really propelled us forward this season.

6). I think having a ranking system of "Best Graphic" or "Best Media Spot" per week in which the winner earns an amount of TPE would encourage people to contribute more quality work rather than just barfing out a super simple graphic.

7). Chocolate is great but my real deal is pastries or pies.

9). I really like the current color scheme! But if I had to change anything, I think the light blue being replaced by a similar shade of gray would be great as well.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:01 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1) Well as a rookie I don't have any grudges yet, thankfully. I have a couple of old teammates on Malmo who I'm excited to beat, and maybe my draft team Calgary

2) Honestly just keep active and earning, now that I can actually do that again. Get to know the league and the guys better too

3) We've got a solid team front to back, writing this now its 8-0-1, which just tells you how competitive we are

4) Man was it so great to see the Stanley Cup awarded after all of ... 2020 ... happened. Even if my Leafs (I know I know) didn't do so great.

7) Gotta be chocolate there. It's hard to mess up chocolate, but there are certain moods where I'd pick some Fuzzy Peaches.

8 ) Honestly I'm more of a tortilla man myself, but when it comes to making a sandwich it's gotta be the worst white bread you can find, that stuff just makes great sandwiches.

On 1/22/2021 at 4:01 AM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. All of them because we don’t lose so can beat everyone. 
2. Win the Cup. Only goal. 
3. Depth and adding Uhtred got the 1st line going 

6. More time with Muff

7. Chocolate and other sweets. I have a sweet tooth so love it all. 
8. Cheesy garlic bread is the only right answer. I like it on Turkish bread or ciabatta 

Vancouver and Chicago! They're both teams with close friends from the Minor League on them, so I would love an opportunity to visit them (or have them come visit us).

Plenty! Hahahaha! Oh, wait, you mean what I want to accomplish with this season - sorry, English is so confusing.. A championship would be nice; I don't care how many goals I get if we get a title out of it.

Ajay's been rock solid in net, and Uhtred has been a huge boon for us this early in the season. Otherwise, it's just a young team getting more experience.

I thought the emergency goalie game for Toronto was pretty wonderful. Who would have thought a zamboni driver could succeed at the highest level?

Hard to say. I do not want to set expectations too high, as oftentimes that can be a catalyst for something going wrong or mentally players getting discouraged if we have a slump in the middle of the season.

6. If you could change the color scheme of our logo from the blue, orange and white, which colors do you think would go nicely on our logo?

Hmm, I do like the blue, so I would probably keep that. Maybe black and a few different shades of blue would also work well.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:31 AM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1.  ALL THE TEAMSSS!!!! I WANT EVERYTHING
2. Win the goalie award i guess
3. Idk tbh. I really like what we doing rn tho
4. LA LAKERES WIN THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
5. Good cuz, i love new ppl
6. uhhh, i really dont know, like what we doing

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending January 31* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We started 8-0 but came back down to earth with a couple losses. What do we need to do to keep winning?

2. Are there any standouts across the league this season for you so far?

3. Predict who you think will finish atop the EU and the NA divisions? 
4. Did you play fantasy this year? If so are you happy with your team? 
5. If you have a great game, what do you treat yourself too afterwards? 
6. Are you able to do any hobbies during the regular season or are you all hockey?

7. Are you a coffee or tea kind of person? 

7 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. We started 8-0 but came back down to earth with a couple losses. What do we need to do to keep winning?

6. Are you able to do any hobbies during the regular season or are you all hockey?

1. Just got to keep playing our game and eventually we will get the bounces back our way 

2. No one individual but just the fact that there’s a lot of people close to 2 ppg 

3. In the EU it’s either going to be us or Helsinki in the NA it’s between Vancouver and Chicago 

4. yes I played this year, and I’m happy with my team 

5. nothing special because hopefully it’s not the first time I had a great game 

6. I like to tour historic places in cities so depending on our schedule I’m able to do it

7. not a fan of either, but I prefer tea

Just need to keep doing what we do. Can't win them all!

I would have to say Warsaw so far because we crept up on a lot of people with our rebuild.

EU is us of course and NA I will go with Vancouver.

I did not, I forgot about it but I usually do haha

Lexi is also a model in addition to being a hockey player

Lexi enjoys a nice cup of tea. AW does not do either.

13 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1) We need to get our scoring touch back, we've run into a few hot goalies but we are getting shots and eventually they will go in

2) It's been fun to see some of my old teammates Isau DaMoose and Tom Eagles fight for the top rookie point lead.

3) As much as I hate to see it, I think Chicago and Helsinki are going to crush this season once they get going. Hopefully we can beat out Helsinki though

5) Luckily now I get a little more time between games so i can enjoy myself a little more haha. I've been crushing a lot of Mexican food recently, love it.

6) I watch a lot of hockey games, but I'm also a little bit of a fantasy nerd so I'm trying to always read or write something.

7) Tea, coffee makes my intestines do backflips for some reason. I rarely need the extra kick anyways so tea helps me chill out.

On 1/25/2021 at 11:46 PM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1). We just need to keep focused and not lose sight of our goal. Can’t let a couple of loses hold us back and shake us up.

3). Warsaw in the EU, Chicago in the NA.

4). Yeah, my team is ok. I could have done better but I’m still happy. Just gotta see how I do.

5). Best way to treat myself is to go have a good meal, whether that’s a steak dinner or a cheeseburger. I earned that.

6). Yeah I do have some hobbies, I read and get into some small projects on my computer or around the house. I keep a tinkering or learning mindset all the time.

7). Definitely coffee.

On 1/26/2021 at 11:16 AM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Do what we do i guess
2.Ajay Finna a bust lol
3. WARSAW i guess for EU.
4.SHIT! I forgot to do that
5. By Training i guess!
6. Ya, I play Basketball!

We need to get our offense firing on all cylinders. We have one of the best in the league and that's part of our success

Warsaw for Europe and Vancouver for NA.

No for the first time since being in VHL Forgot.  I wish they'd send out reminders to join.

A nice Italian meal, plan either pasta or pizza pasta with a nice glass of wine.

6. Are you able to do any hobbies during the regular season or are you all hockey?

I like to read historical fiction or play strategy video games such as eu4 and crusader Kings 3.

Coffee but I don't like tea just coffee more.  Also easier to make a coffee with a Nespresso.

Keep working on earning that TPE! We can rely on Ajay to carry for us a lot so far, but what will give us the most leeway in the future is everyone from line 1 to 3 doing everything they can to improve.

Ola Vikingstad has had a fantastic season so far. He's top-two in goals scored, but is still on the top ten list across the league for assists scored, too!

Moscow and Warsaw have equal chances to finish at the top of the EU. Vancouver has a great lead right now over Chicago and D.C., but I'm pulling for Chicago to finish on top in that division.

Yes and... kind of? I don't know. I have a lot of blues in my fantasy league and unfortunately they're all doing well :(

Nothing! Consistency is key. I will go hang out with teammates if there's a post game celebration, but I need to be in similar shape for the next game if we won!

6. Are you a coffee or tea kind of person? 

Tea, certainly. There is a wonderful tea brand that produces vanilla chai that I am very fond of.

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending February 7* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Recently two teams announced they are selling big. Would you add to our team or keep things going with the success we’ve had?

2. We are 1st in the EU but it’s a close battle. Who do you think is our biggest competition?

3. How do you feel about your players performance thus far this season? 
4. Would you be interested in having a team game day in the locker room in the near future?
5. It’s currently raining where I live, where it only rains a handful of times a year. Do you love or hate the rain?
6. Would you rather a piece of pie or cake? Which kind?

7. Are you a hat person? If so which style of hat