Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

1. How do you feel Warsaw performed in our opening weekend?

I think we are struggling a bit out of the gate but lots of time to turn it around!

1. How has your player performed so far?

Glass has been playing better lately but I still expect better!

1. Does our record (2-2-1, 4th in EU Conference) after the opening weekend predict the future for the rest of S79? Or is 5 games not enough to tell?

The sample size is definitely way too small right now. I would not draw any conclusions until maybe 30 games in the season.

1. What are your thoughts on Seattle's Expansion draft and the NHL draft that took place this past week?

Don't have many thoughts. I think Seattle is not going to be able to pull a Vegas at least.

1. Have you been following the Summer Olympics? If so, what events are you keeping track of?

No, mostly because Lithuania did not make it in basketball for like the first time in awhile!

1. How has you 2021 summer been going?

Pretty good so far. On vacation now for a week so no complaints!

Press Conference - Week Ending August 8 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. Warsaw is at an even record (9-9-2). What does the team need to do to start winning more games?

2. Are their any surprises in the league this season? Teams that are doing well that shouldn't be? Teams that aren't doing well that should be doing better?

3. Who is Warsaw's biggest threat this season if we have one?

4. What upgrades are you planning towards your player's attributes? If you bank for depreciation, which attribute do you wish could be maxed (99 overall) at all times if you could pick one?

5. What are your hobbies besides the VHL?

6. Choose one: Filming a comedy movie with Adam Sandler, Playing 1v1 basketball with Barrack Obama, or Weightlifting with Dwayne Johnson. (I'm a 20 year old dude so these are the coolest things I could think of).

Edited by ajwllmsn

2 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

1. Warsaw is at an even record (9-9-2). What does the team need to do to start winning more games?

2. Are their any surprises in the league this season? Teams that are doing well that shouldn't be? Teams that aren't doing well that should be doing better?

4. What upgrades are you planning towards your player's attributes? If you bank for depreciation, which attribute do you wish could be maxed (99 overall) at all times if you could pick one?

6. Choose one: Filming a comedy movie with Adam Sandler, Playing 1v1 basketball with Barrack Obama, or Weightlifting with Dwayne Johnson. (I'm a 20 year old dude so these are the coolest things I could think of).

Well, we improved our results but they are still below average. All we need right now is a luck🍀

Toronto had an amazing 6W streak but then they just started lose points for no reason. That's the biggest surprise for me. 

Dakota is great as always. Dear is helpful as well. 

Well, I am going to improve PH to 85, and then upgrade ST a bit. That's the plan

Chilling with my friends

I would choose weightlifting with the Rock🤘

. Warsaw is at an even record (9-9-2). What does the team need to do to start winning more games?

We gotta put the puck in the net. We are getting shots off and we just need them to go in!

I would have to say us. Coming off a cup win I would have thought we would be leading still with most of the team back.

Ourselves. If we get Warsawed there is nothing we can do. So STHS I guess too :D 

I am pretty much banking now so I would say Scoring would be the one I would max always!

I am in multiple sim leagues so that for sure and then I enjoy gaming, playing guitar and doing fun things with my daughter like go to the aquarium or park!

Definitely Adam Sandler. Obama is lame and I could not come close to the Rock weightlifting. I love Adam Sandler movies so would definitely be down for that.

Just need to stick to our game. We've found the goalie upgrade, now it's up to us to play to our potential like we did last season.

I'm quietly happy that Davos and Riga are finally doing decent, they deserve it after seasons of disappointment. Also NA being so strong as close has come as a big surprise to me. 

Prague or Moscow I think. We've been back and forth with them all season, and we need to beat those teams if we're going to go on a run here.

NUTTIN'. My build is donezo, Lamb only has 1 season left after this, so it's all about protecting what I have. Scoring MAXED always, Lamb loves to snipe it. 99 faceoffs would be nice as well, but that's kinda overkill.

I play a lot of ball hockey, collect Pokémon and Hockey cards, and play quite a bit of CSGO. That's about it :P 

Honestly probably 1v1 with Obama. Post-presidency he seems to be a really down to earth dude I'd love to have a conversation with. I would probably lose, but it would be fun. Maybe Sandler, that would be sick as well.  

The addition of our new goalie was a good start. I don't know what would be needed beyond that to win more games without uprooting the roster in its entirety.

2. Are there any surprises in the league this season? Teams that are doing well that shouldn't be? Teams that aren't doing well that should be doing better?

My agent doesn't seem to be particularly upset that Davos and Riga are doing well this season. It's still early, so I will not make any judgments on the league as a whole because I'm not inclined to buy into the standings as they are in the first half of the season.

I think there are quite a few big threats because we're not as dominant as we were last season. Anyone above us in the standings is a substantial threat and we can't afford to dismiss the others.

I'm going to sit tight where I am right now since I've started regression. My intention is just to ensure I can be a top player going forward.

I'm a physician in real life, so I don't have much time for hobbies. But I mainly try to solve puzzles and play some music (piano, uke, cello, guitar) when I'm not trying to explore the city I live in; I'm a recent transplant.

Hmm, I think it'd be best to play 1v1 basketball with Barack. I'd get crushed as I'm not athletic by any means and probably am 6-8 inches shorter than the former President, but I'd love to hear some insight from him after the game on some social and political issues of the last decade.

Press conference - Week Ending August 15 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. This past week we added a new goaltender, what are your thoughts on @Gooningitup (Vsevolod Askarov)?

2. Moscow and London are less than 8 points away from knocking us out of a wild card spot, how can we keep our playoff spot secured?

3. Has your player been performing well this past week compared to the rest of the season?

4. We are 5-1-1 with our new goaltender Askarov, have they been the difference when it comes to winning?

5. How have you been lately, anything new in your life?

6. If you could anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?

Edited by ajwllmsn

On 8/2/2021 at 7:01 AM, ajwllmsn said:

1. We’ve played a lot better lately so whatever we are doing is working 

2. not in that sense but it’s nice to see Riga performing well

3. everyone around us in the standings 

4. I’m banking currently have my second regression in the offseason I’d like to keep scoring at 99

5. don’t really have time for hobbies but I love just spending time with those important to me 

6. Sandler is from my hometown so it would have to be filming a movie with him

On 8/7/2021 at 10:16 PM, ajwllmsn said:

1. This past week we added a new goaltender, what are your thoughts on @Gooningitup (Vsevolod Askarov)?

2. Moscow and London are less than 8 points away from knocking us out of a wild card spot, how can we keep our playoff spot secured?

3. Has your player been performing well this past week compared to the rest of the season?

4. We are 5-1-1 with our new goaltender Askarov, have they been the difference when it comes to winning?

That was clever move to improve our team for the last playoffs run. So i'm really happy.
We should do our best to stay where we are right now
yeah, actually Trunov is getting better and now he is important part of the Warsaw
Absolutely
I think my routine didn't change a lot, i still learn for frive license and prepare for school exams.
Yooooo, I'd like to visit Outer Banks. Don't ask me why :)

mqdefault.jpg

He's been playing incredible, and it has made us much more confident as a team. 

Just keep playing our game. We've started a nice streak lately, and we can't let the outside noise distract us form what we do best - win games.

Yeah, Lamb has actually been having a really good season. His career clock is almost done, so I'm sure he wants to climb the all-time points leaderboard while he still can.

Like I said before, of course, even though they are not among the top by TPE in the league, upgrading to Askarov has given us new life and confidence that this core can do what they did last season.

Not bad, had a few birthday gatherings with family, but other than that just been enjoying what is left of my summer. 

I would either go back to London, or check out what California has to offer. That's been on my bucket list for a while. 

1. This past week we added a new goaltender, what are your thoughts on Vsevolod Askarov?

I think the change in our record speaks for itself. Needless to say, I'm quite happy.

Whatever we've been doing over the last 4-5 days' worth of sims. I don't know exactly what that is, but yeah. Whatever voodoo magic we've done over the last 10 games or so.

I think I've been performing pretty similarly, with the exception of the plus-minus. Our production as a second line has been pretty consistent.

Kinda, yeah. I think even a tiny improvement in goaltender play is a world of difference: rebounds are better placed, defenders can position more aggressively, and obviously fewer shots make it into the net.

Busy as heck. Wish I could elaborate more, but work is a huge time sink for me.

Nowhere right now. COVID is rearing its ugly head and I'm not about to go anywhere with how few people around here use masks. :[

Press conference - Week Ending August 22 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. Warsaw is 3rd in the league! How are you feeling?!?!?!

2. Can we bring home the Victory Cup? (Best Regular Season Record)

3. What has been the key success to our winning stretch?

4. The NHL does not start for another two weeks, have you been watching any other sports while you wait?

5. Out of all of the individual VHL awards there are, which one would you love for your player to win? I would choose the Daisuke Kanou Trophy for Playoffs MVP.

6. Anything interesting going on in your life right now? Anything exciting?

9 minutes ago, ajwllmsn said:

4. The NHL does not start for another two weeks, have you been watching any other sports while you wait?

5. Out of all of the individual VHL awards there are, which one would you love for your player to win? I would choose the Daisuke Kanou Trophy for Playoffs MVP.

NEVER BETTER! from rags to riches babyyyy

We potentially could, but I'd like to save some energy and luck for playoffs games

Obviously, the recent goalie trade revived our team. 

Unfortunately I don't even have enough free time to watch some nhl games. So shall I say something about other sports? haha

yeee, Daisule one is super attractive. Looks like best rookie of the year is not going to Trunov, so I just enjoy being in the top team

I have recently been in camp. My family and me relaxed a bit, tasted local goumet cuisine. 

Edited by qripll

On 8/7/2021 at 3:16 PM, ajwllmsn said:

1. He’s given us the confidence we needed to be able to play our game

2. we’re in a definite playoff spot as of now but never get to comfortable 

3. Yesterday sim was by far my best of the season so hopefully I’m turning a corner 

4. having a great goalie gives the team confidence to play there game and he’s done that

5. Nope nothing new 

6. The Philippines 

Feeling great! It was a little discouraging having the start we had, but with just a couple of tweaks, we have shown the VHL that we have the ability to perform like we have in previous years, even if we are aging.

I believe we do have a chance, but Malmo has just been so insane this season, it's definitely looking a little slim. But if we keep playing how we have been, who knows!

Contributing as a team. Different teammates are pitching in to get us the wins, and that's exactly what matters. We win together, always.

Not really, I'll probably start watching some football when the regular season starts, but right now I've just been watching TV shows and YouTube for the most part. 

A Kanou would be nice, but I'm not really too fussed about individual awards. Lamb's HOF chances were shut down the moment he didn't come up the season after he was drafted, so all I'm focused on is another Continental Cup. 

Not too much, looking forward to being able to go to the US again, and other things opening up, but nothing super concrete as of now. Just relaxing and enjoying the rest of my summer!

On 8/15/2021 at 4:33 AM, ajwllmsn said:

1. We moved up to second in the league 

2. there’s a chance so you never know 

3. everyone is stepping up huge

4. been watching the nfl preseason here and there

5. Kanou for sure because that mean we likely brought home another cup

6. nothing new just hoping things get better so I can travel which is something I love to do 

Okay. I don't feel strongly about 3rd, 2nd, or what have you unless we're able to win a championship; I get the most enjoyment out of actually being in the playoffs.

We've done it twice before, so I think we can do it again -- but as stated previously, I strongly prefer the playoff success over strict regular season dominance (it'd be nice to have both, too!). We have a good amount of ground to make up to Malmo though.

New goalie, probably some line matchups that work well. Lamb continues to do work.

Sure! I keep track of football in my spare time and am pleased with how the Ravens look in the preseason; I actually don't follow hockey whatsoever crazily enough.

Playoffs MVP would be cool for someone on our team - that'd mean that we've won the Finals, so I'm not picky as to who on the team gets the award.

Uhh... I work in a hospital and COVID is exploding. That's exciting, though not necessarily in a positive way.

Press conference - Week Ending August 29 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. Who has been the best offensive player on the team this season?

2. Who has been the best defensive player on the team this season?

3. Does anyone on Warsaw deserve any individual awards this season? 

4. How do you feel about the team's performance this season so far? (Warsaw is 2nd in the league after 57 games played).

5. How has your player been doing this season?

6. How has life been treating you? Anything new going on? Work/school has been okay?

3 minutes ago, ajwllmsn said:

4. How do you feel about the team's performance this season so far? (Warsaw is 2nd in the league after 57 games played).

6. How has life been treating you? Anything new going on? Work/school has been okay?

Lamb is obviously the best forward in the team. Also in my opinion Glass deserves a honorable mention. 

No doubt, Askarov makes Warsaw better

Lamb is going to get the best F of the league award for sure. 

We are one of the best team in the league we will fight till it's over

Well, pretty good. Trunov goes with .5 ppg, I love it! 

I started preparing for the start of the school and it's so boring😑

Our offense flows through 1 player, and that is our star C Aloe Dear. She absolutely dominated the league last season, and has come back to Warsaw once again tearing up the league. 

Victor Grachev for sure. 2nd on the team in blocked shots and 1st in hits, as well as the best +/- by a defender on Warsaw. He's been a beast on all 200-foot of the ice, and gets my vote for the best defender on the team. 

Sterling Labatte Trophy - Chris Hylands or Victor Grachev

Alexander Valiq Trophy - Chris Hylands or Victor Grachev

Mikka Virkkunen Trophy - Lexi Glass

Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy - Bogdan Trunov

Aidan Shaw Trophy - Vsevolod Askarov

Very happy. We had a poor start, but have since rebounded to become the team everyone knows us as. Definitely excited to see how we play down the stretch and beyond.

Very well. Lamb has a slight chance to set a new career high in points, but even if he doesn't do that, I'm very happy with his play this season. 

Just got back from a camping trip, but other than that, just relaxing, swimming, drinking, and enjoying the sun. I've been pondering going back to school, but not quite sure on that front yet. 

On 8/22/2021 at 5:01 AM, ajwllmsn said:

1. Dear and Lamb for sure they pretty much run our offense, but everyone has stepped up at times in the season 

2. gotta go with Grachev been a beast his whole career 

3. Askarov for the Shaw 

4. rough start but we turned it around and became the team we know we can

5. had a good season 39 goals is nothing to be disappointed about just seems like a quiet season when it’s a 11 point drop in total

6. nothing new here still just working  

I think you could argue our offense runs through our centers, but in that case I certainly defer to our captain and 1C, Dakota Lamb. He's done a fantastic job against the league's best and has been our flagship player as long as I've been in the league, more or less.

I don't think I really could name a single one. We have excellent defensive depth and our change at goalie gave us a huge boost - but I'm not sure that would have been possible without an excellent defense complementing him.

I don't know. I think Chris (Hylands) deserves some mention in the conversation, but offensive defenseman probably belongs to Letang this season.

I think we ended on a pretty sour note, but I can't complain really after seeing how we improved following the first 20-30 games.

Okay. There are still definitely some games where I feel I (Aloe Dear) disappear, but I don't think there are any truly game-breaking players in the league -- just consistently excellent ones.

Heh, I work in a hospital and the U.S. is going through a crazy COVID surge. Let me get back to you on that one.

Press conference - Week Ending September 5 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. Ranked 3rd in the league (2nd in division), how are our chances looking for a Continental Cup? 

2. What are your first round playoff predictions? DC vs Calgary and Prague vs Davos.

3. What are your predictions for us going up against Riga in the Conference Semi Finals?

4. What is your player's mentality for these playoffs? 

5. How do you feel your player performed this season? Any new milestones? Underachieved? Overachieved?

6. Last and most important question, what is your favourite restaurant?

6 minutes ago, ajwllmsn said:

1. Ranked 3rd in the league (2nd in division), how are our chances looking for a Continental Cup? 

2. What are your first round playoff predictions? DC vs Calgary and Prague vs Davos.

3. What are your predictions for us going up against Riga in the Conference Semi Finals?

5. How do you feel your player performed this season? Any new milestones? Underachieved? Overachieved?

For sure, playoffs games will be a challenge for us and I expect our appearance in the finals. 

DC with wild Welch will take 3 wins in 4 games. I think Davos will make it in 5 

Well, I believe in my teammates, in our coach stuff, even in myself. We are going to pass the first round. 

Not gonna lie I'm thrilled cause it's my playoffs debut and it would be great to win the game. 

Well, Trunov did well for 22nd overall of his draft class. But the end of the regular smashed his dreams to be in top-4 point leader along the rookies. 

I don't visit restaurants at all. I prefer ordering some taste dishes using delivery service

On 8/30/2021 at 12:44 PM, ajwllmsn said:

1. In the conference finals as I write this so we have a good chance 

2. Been so long forgotten who I picked but I think I went 1-1

3. I’m surprised we got passed them as easily as we did I was expecting to go 6 with a lot of close games

4. same as every other game day can’t change anything when it comes to playoffs 

5. Bit of a down year offensively but had a much better year defensively

6. a little diner in my hometown that has its whole menu available 24/7