Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

On 4/26/2021 at 9:46 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending May 2nd* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We were able to pull things together and finish the season with the Victory Cup. What can we do to make sure we carry this positive momentum into the playoffs?

2. Which Warsaw player were you the most impressed with this season?

3. Which Warsaw player do you think improved the most this season?

4. Is ketchup a smoothie?

5. With 291 goals this season, we topped our franchise record from last season by 1 and also solidified this era of Warsaw hockey by now having the 2 best team scoring years in the past 15 seasons. How have you enjoyed playing in our fast paced offense?

6. Which of the 4 wildcard teams (LA, Vancouver, Prague, and Malmo) do you think is most likely to threaten for the cup and why?

7. How has past playoff experience helped get you ready for the fight ahead?

8. Do you prefer to listen to music with headphones or through speakers?

9. If you could only eat one flavor of muffin for the rest of your life, which flavor would it be and why is blueberry the only correct answer?

10. What are your thoughts on Mexico City's new logo?

1) Just keep winning baby, we've got a star powered offence and a solid back end so keep scoring more than our opponents

4) Yes. Nothing else needs to be said.

5) Well I must sat it is good for me haha, keeps the wins coming and takes the pressure off my back.

6) Prague, no real reason they just seem scary

7) Well, pretty much every playoff team I've been on has gone all the way to the finals, so I've been here a few times and I'm ready for more

8 Headphones, just feels like its in my ears more and more focused of a sound I don't know.

1. We were able to pull things together and finish the season with the Victory Cup. What can we do to make sure we carry this positive momentum into the playoffs?

Just keep playing to our strengths which is scoring goals.  We take a ton of shots and we just need to keep at it, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I don't like smoothies but love ketchup so I'll say no.

5. With 291 goals this season, we topped our franchise record from last season by 1 and also solidified this era of Warsaw hockey by now having the 2 best team scoring years in the past 15 seasons. How have you enjoyed playing in our fast paced offense?

It's been great to play here.  I set a career high for game winning goals this season which I am happy about.  Our style has helped me within reach of 250 career goals next season.

6. Which of the 4 wildcard teams (LA, Vancouver, Prague, and Malmo) do you think is most likely to threaten for the cup and why?

I haven't really looked around the league but I'll go with a North American team as we are the threat to win the Cup from Europe.  

Just made me hungry for more.  I have alot of playoff experience from my time at Seattle but last season just motivated me to win one here before I retire.

Speakers.  Mostly listen to music through Google home while cooking or cleaning .

On 4/27/2021 at 11:16 AM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending May 2nd* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

2. Which Warsaw player were you the most impressed with this season?

3. Which Warsaw player do you think improved the most this season?

9. If you could only eat one flavor of muffin for the rest of your life, which flavor would it be and why is blueberry the only correct answer?

10. What are your thoughts on Mexico City's new logo?

1. Just keep winning until the end 

2. Aloe Dear really stepped it up and showed she’s one of the best in the league

3. Tim Waters has an unbelievable season on the back end 

4. No

5. It’s fun but also difficult as a defence 

8. Speaker since usually I’m listening with others 

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending May 9th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We put up 100 shots in game 3 against Prague which, as @Victor can attest to, is the most in any hockey game ever. What's the next barrier for us to shatter?

2. Who was the MVP of the Prague series for Warsaw?

3. Our battle against Helsinki currently sits at 2-2, with us trading games so far. What can we lean on most as a team to make sure we pull this series out?

4. What, in your opinion, is the best of all the basic shapes?

5. Seattle pulled off a sweep of an upstart LA team today. What are your thoughts on our potential future competitors?

6. What did you think of the punishments levied to Prague and DC for failing to start their backup goalies the required amount of times in the regular season?

7. If your player were to take a vacation in the offseason where would they go?

8. What is the ideal height?

9. Based on their collective histories thus far, how would you rank the VHL's 4 most recent expansion teams (us, Los Angeles, Chicago, London)?

10. What is the coolest thing you've ever built/made yourself?

8 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. We put up 100 shots in game 3 against Prague which, as @Victor can attest to, is the most in any hockey game ever. What's the next barrier for us to shatter?

3. Our battle against Helsinki currently sits at 2-2, with us trading games so far. What can we lean on most as a team to make sure we pull this series out?

5. Seattle pulled off a sweep of an upstart LA team today. What are your thoughts on our potential future competitors?

6. What did you think of the punishments levied to Prague and DC for failing to start their backup goalies the required amount of times in the regular season?

9. Based on their collective histories thus far, how would you rank the VHL's 4 most recent expansion teams (us, Los Angeles, Chicago, London)?

1) I mean if we're starting with shots, we may as well make our way to goals in a game ;) it only makes sense

3) Keep scoring, and keep making the most of our shots

4) triangles, but don't tell my trig professor

7) I'd love to head to New York for the summer, I've been a couple times but I definitely miss it

8. 6'2 for sure, you're solidly at least 6 foot, but also short enough that people don't think you're a freak of nature.

10) I was a part of my high school robotics team who came very close to being world champions which was crazy.

I think it would be Latrell Mitchell. He has been the backbone for the entire team thus far.

A circle. No start or end point, and theoretically an infinite number of vertices. 

Seattle is definitely rolling, which is surprising to me. I didn't realize how good they look, however I think, once again, EU is the tougher conference.

It was definitely too little too late, but everybody makes mistakes. It would have been interesting to see what Malmo could've done against a backup goaler.

6'1". Anyone that says they're 6'0 are just lying and are actually 5'11, and if you get any taller you start getting jokes like "how is the weather up there?"

1. Chicago - the only one of the 4 with a cup
  2. Warsaw - Victory Cup and a finals appearance, just missing the big prize
  3. London - made the playoffs a couple times, but never really had a deep run
  4. Los Angeles - probably better than London currently, however just made their first playoffs this season

On 5/3/2021 at 2:02 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

2. Ajay for sure kept us in a the games when we could not score

4. circle no start or end point just goes on forever

5. surprised they swept not surprised they won, they are a very good team

6. that's what happens sometimes just sucks for Prague that it was found out in the playoffs

8. 6'1 not to tall not to small

9. Chicago

Warsaw

London

LA

1. We put up 100 shots in game 3 against Prague which, as Victor can attest to, is the most in any hockey game ever. What's the next barrier for us to shatter?

Has to be the goals in a game record next!

Going to go with Mitchell!

We didn't pull it out. It was really sad :( 

Speaking as Lexi, diamond because a diamond is a girl's best friend.

Should be easy to follow the rule but it is certainly tough

Going to say Los Angeles

On 5/4/2021 at 3:32 AM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. 200 shots easy 

3. Should have leaned on the offence more but it just didn't happen this time

4. Triangle is the strongest shape

5. They can all get fucked as far as I'm concerned 

8. 6' or higher or you're a dwarf to women apparently

9. Chicago, Warsaw, London, LA

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending May 16th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We missed out on the finals. What can we do to make sure we can avoid this disappointment next season?

2. What would you say is the most defining trait of our team this past season?

3. As the salary cap gets more and more difficult to navigate for us as a steady contender, how much longer is our window in your opinion?

4. What is the most useless organ in your body?

5. Across the entire VHL, which player most surprised you with their performance in S77?

6. In the same vein, which team surprised you the most in S77, whether for overperforming or underperforming in this past season?

7. With a lot of the attention turned towards Thursday's draft, which team do you think will have the most impactful draft in the league?

8. Who do you believe is the best graphics maker in the VHL?

9. Which free agent do you think will have the most impact on S78 and why?

10. If you could only listen to one artist's music for the rest of your life, who would it be?

1. We missed out on the finals. What can we do to make sure we can avoid this disappointment next season?

we will hit the other teams into submission

the kidney since you only need one

5. Across the entire VHL, which player most surprised you with their performance in S77?

don't pay attention lul

7. With a lot of the attention turned towards Thursday's draft, which team do you think will have the most impactful draft in the league?

us because we the best

muff because he made me a sig

whoever we sign because we gon win 

Have the hockey gods smile upon us!

Fast paced action with a lot of shots!

3. As the salary cap gets more and more difficult to navigate for us as a steady contender, how much longer is our window in your opinion?

I have no clue but hopefully it can be managed well for a long run!

Gall Bladder is pretty useless I believe

Lexi Glass of course because she broke the shots taken record and missed a lot!

10. If you could only listen to one artist's music for the rest of your life, who would it be?

This is between a group named Twiztid for me or Marilyn Manson. Either are good despite the issues the latter is involved with currently.

17 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

6. In the same vein, which team surprised you the most in S77, whether for overperforming or underperforming in this past season?

1. I could have finished the hat trick in game 7 then OT wouldn’t have been a issue 

2. fast paced play with a lot of shots and goals

3. no idea, hopefully for a long time

4. gall bladder I think is useless, can’t even tell you where it is

5. Probably Davis from LA I thought they individually would have a better season 

6. LA overpreformed, Riga underpreformed  simple as that 

21 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1) I think we were as ready as we could've been, just some bad luck

2) definitely our dominant forward group, they scored up a storm

4) i still have all of the actually useless body parts, so probably my gallbladder

8 gotta be KaleebtheMighty, great work my man

9) i might be up there, i've put up some great numbers in limited play, but theres also some pretty big names in FA so it shard to say

10) JID, he never misses.

That uhtred doesn't take stupid penalties in big games.  He had too many hooking penalties in game 7.

Our scoring was the biggest thing for our success last season and hopefully it can continue this year.

A couple season I hope although I will be gone after this season with Uhtred retirement i hope my next players team is the contender lol.

Your gallbladder I'm guessing. No idea where it is but just know my mom had it removed as a kid.

I'd say Seattle as I didn't think they would win the Cup this year.

I'll go with Thomas Rhett as I'm a big fan of him.  It's also the last concert I've been to and we went in Nashville,. Perfect place for a county concert

To be honest, I'm not sure. I'd say we still have a shot this upcoming season, but after that, it comes down to how well we draft and retain players.

Aloe Fucking Dear. My MVP.

Pretty consensus pick here would be Riga. They looked to be an easy playoff team and it just never came together. I don't think I can think of a specific "overachiever", maybe one of those top NA teams.

Even after the draft, I'm not sure yet. I'll have to look back in a few seasons to say for sure, but I remember Malmo making multiple picks I liked.

I think it depends on what you're looking for. For sigs, the space is a bit saturated, there is a few names that come to mind. Although it isn't the cleanest sigs you can find, I really respect what Z does for breaking the mold.

Am I allowed to say myself? :D In all seriousness, Xavier Leflemant's return to DC will probably be successful again, they were really lacking forward depth.

An extra answer because I want to say either The Strokes, or Mac Miller.

Is there anything such as certainty in the VHL? I don't think there is anything specific we can do to guarantee avoiding elimination at any point in the playoffs. All we can do is play ourselves into the best position possible, which is exactly what we did last regular season.

Resilience. After losing Venus Flytrap in free agency I think morale was a bit down - which is understandable, as she is an excellent player! But ultimately we came back from it and a difficult adjustment period after trading for Chris Hylands, allowing us the top seed in the conference.

Most likely two seasons or so. After our long-time captain Dakota Lamb retires, it would be time for a new era in Warsaw.

I'm not sure there is a 'useless' one. The appendix contains a number of helpful bacteria and the spleen acts as an immune system reservoir while clearing your body of old/mutated red blood cells. But if I had to lose one, it might be the gallbladder?

Andrew Su. He was great a season ago, and replicated a top-of-the-line performance yet again this season despite having a change in management and several roster changes.

Chicago still did relatively well in the regular season, but I was surprised by how poorly they did in the playoffs - they were swept in their first series after 1) winning the championship last season and 2) ostensibly having an even better roster this season. But that's just the way STHS goes sometimes.

I would think Moscow or Calgary would have excellent drafts provided their quantity of top picks. That shouldn't be surprising provided the circumstances.

Well, I think @gorlab has a very long history of being at or near the top. That continues to be true today, even if there are some excellent graphics creators that have popped up over the last few dozen seasons.

On 5/11/2021 at 9:25 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

3. We have a narrow window of maybe another season or 2. It’s go time!

4. The appendix. You can definitely get by without it, and it’s true function to humans today is merely speculated to be a safe haven for healthy bacteria.

6. Los Angeles did some work this past season!

8. Honestly I think it’s Z. He’s put out some amazing work lately.

9. Dlamb of course, we need him back for another run!

10. Creedence Clearwater Revival. I go back to them time and time again, absolutely great stuff!

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending May 23rd* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Dakota Lamb and Lexi Glass are back! How does it feel to have two longtime Predators back on the squad for another cup run?

2. In order to make things work financially, we were unfortunately forced to trade away Latrell Mitchell and allow Jacob Carson to walk. How do you feel about these big losses to our team?

3. Which team had the most impressive offseason this year?

4. What are your thoughts on the new rules governing how many inactive players a team can roster and the application of a soft and hard cap system?

5. Which non-playoff team from last season do you think has the best shot at making it this year?

6. Which playoff team from last season do you think has the lowest chance of returning to the postseason?

7. If you had Animorphs-style powers and could morph into any one animal whenever you choose, which animal would it be?

8. How cohesive and legible is your written signature?

9. Are you a light mode person or a dark mode person?

10. Which VHL player do you think will make the biggest leap this season?

1. Dakota Lamb and Lexi Glass are back! How does it feel to have two longtime Predators back on the squad for another cup run?

good because we will win

2. In order to make things work financially, we were unfortunately forced to trade away Latrell Mitchell and allow Jacob Carson to walk. How do you feel about these big losses to our team?

it doesn't matter because we will win

us because we're the best team 

4. What are your thoughts on the new rules governing how many inactive players a team can roster and the application of a soft and hard cap system?

don't care because it doesn't apply to me

5. Which non-playoff team from last season do you think has the best shot at making it this year?

do you think i pay attention to the league 

6. Which playoff team from last season do you think has the lowest chance of returning to the postseason?

anyone that is not us because everyone else sucks

7. If you had Animorphs-style powers and could morph into any one animal whenever you choose, which animal would it be?

i would morph into a pigeon and literally poop on people

the least of both 

light mode

me because roty baby

WOOO! Super exciting to be back, it's time to win it all. Lexi is also one of the most underrated players in the VHL.

It hurts, for sure. Both of them were valuable on and off the ice, but this is a business, and it had to be done. Hopefully I can reconnect with them down the line, whether it be, again, on or off the ice.

As much as I hate to say it, it has to be Seattle. They definitely got way better. 

Something that can fly. Maybe like an eagle or something, big enough to not get killed my other birds, and also not by hunters.

I'd probably give mine a 5/10. You can clearly read the D and L, but beyond that, it's kinda just scribbling.

Usually I'm dark mode, but for the forums I prefer light mode. For everything else (including the portal), dark for sure.

I have Cabe McJake @RedSus as my Funk winner this season. Highest TPE on the team, poised for at least a point-per-game season for the first time in their career.

Just now, dlamb said:

I have Cabe McJake @RedSus as my Funk winner this season. Highest TPE on the team, poised for at least a point-per-game season for the first time in their career.

i agree

On 5/18/2021 at 1:41 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending May 23rd* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. It’s incredible to have them both back, incredible players and both know how to rally the room

2. it hurts to lose guys who helped the team so much, that being said I wish them nothing but the best with their new teams

3. Seattle, immediately reloaded after winning a cup I’m impressed

4. I don’t understand it but I don’t need to, I think the inactive rule will be good for the league 

5. Riga, they were a team that should have made it last year 

7. either a chetah or a bald eagle depending on my mood 

8. It’s absolutely horrible just readable enough to be understood 

It's great to have such amazing players and great teammates back for another cup run and my final one.

It sucks to lose such great players but that business in a cap world.

Seattle had a great offseason after winning the cup. 

I'll go with the king of the jungle, a lion.  Who knows why they are king of the jungle when they don't live in one.  Was asking to see them in the wild while on my honeymoon.

It's absolutely terrible and it's not exactly the same everytime but it's close enough 

Whatever is the default setting as I can't be bothered to change it

Yay one of those is me! Good to be back with Lambchop!

It is very sad to be honest!

Warsaw because Glass and Lamb are back of course. 

I don't love it and I think maybe it is a lot to oversee and manage but we shall see!

Probably a tiger or a bear just because nothing is going to mess with you.

You have to be crazy to be a light mode person. Though I think my VHL is in light mode...