Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

1. We've gone through a rough stretch lately that has us barely clinging onto the top spot in the EU. What can we do to re-gain some positive momentum?

We just need to get back to playing Warsaw hockey!

2. Which EU team do you feel stands as our biggest threat in the postseason?

Whoever is the worst seed in the playoffs because we play down to our competition.

3. What were your thoughts on the flurry of trade deadline activity?

I have not followed too closely but trading is always exciting.

5. Youtube or Twitch?

I prefer YouTube in general just because there is a lot more content that I would want to watch.

7. How would you grade your player's performance this season on a scale of 1 to 10?

The first half of the season was probably a 3 but now I would say a solid 5.

8. How would you grade the team's performance this season on a scale of 1 to 10?

I would say probably a 7 because we are capable of so much more!

On 6/15/2021 at 3:41 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending June 20th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We've gone through a rough stretch lately that has us barely clinging onto the top spot in the EU. What can we do to re-gain some positive momentum?

3. What were your thoughts on the flurry of trade deadline activity?

4. Which new recreate for the Season 80 VHL draft are you most excited for?

5. Youtube or Twitch?

6. Which of the 10 teams currently in playoff positions do you think is most likely to miss the playoffs and why?

7. How would you grade your player's performance this season on a scale of 1 to 10?

8. How would you grade the team's performance this season on a scale of 1 to 10?

1. We’ve bounced back quite nicely just gotta keep grinding

2. whoever ends up winning the wildcard series as it seems we play to our competition at times

3. to be fair I don’t remember much expect for London loading up

4. there’s to many big recreates to pick just one 

5. YouTube easily for me

6. I will say DC misses as they have no room for error

7. 8 because I’ve had a couple of cold streaks that is unexplainable to me

8. also a 8  would be a 9 if we didn’t have the cold streak that we just got out of 

London. McWolf is a cunning GM and is constantly changing things up to make his team better, be it through transactions or changes in strategy.

It's nice. I'm glad we didn't flip the team upside down, because we've been consistently good the last two seasons and have continued to do so despite our earlier-than-anticipated playoff exist last season.

5. Youtube or Twitch?

For now? Youtube, mostly because you can install an adblocker with ease and get past their ads. Twitch ads are like... baked into the platform and you need to do a lot more legwork to keep up with them.

6. Which of the 10 teams currently in playoff positions do you think is most likely to miss the playoffs and why?

D.C. is the closest to missing the playoffs, both in terms of points and the competitiveness of the team underneath them. Jeffrey Pines and L.A. are utterly relentless, and I wouldn't be surprised if they made a big push to take over the Dragons' spot.

6.5 out of 10. There is still room for me to utilize my teammates better, and I want our team to continue climbing up in the rankings. There are still plenty of adjustments for me personally to make before the end of the season.

8 out of 10 is what I'd give us. We've played well enough to clearly float to the top of the European Conference, but there's still plenty of growth left for us this season; we've lost some games we definitely shouldn't have, and there are some 50/50s we could have turned into wins I think.

On 6/15/2021 at 3:41 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending June 20th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

4. Which new recreate for the Season 80 VHL draft are you most excited for?

5. Youtube or Twitch?

1. I think we can just hug each other lots and be best friends and things will be ok.

2. I think London will be our toughest battle.

3. It was pretty interesting, but I wasn't too shocked seeing as there wasn't much done during the season before that.

5. I spend way more time on youtube, but I do love twitch a lot too.

6. I hate to say it, but Malmo might get the shaft, Riga is looking strong now.

7. I'm at like an 8 out of 10. I think he could be performing a little better, but I'm still satisfied.

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending June 27th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We have made the playoffs for the fourth consecutive season. What can you take from past playoff experiences into this latest round of postseason play?

2. We won the Victory Cup for the second consecutive season, this time sharing the award with Chicago. What does taking this award mean to our team and the legacy of this group of players?

3. What are your predictions for New York-DC and Helsinki-Malmo?

4. What is your favorite flavor of gum?

5. What is your least favorite flavor of gum?

6. Which team that missed the playoffs are you most surprised about?

7. Which team that made the playoffs has your favorite logo/color scheme (besides Warsaw of course ;))?

8. If you could be any animal, which animal would you be and why?

9. Which league leader in any category are you most impressed with for their performance this season?

10. Light or dark liquor?

1. We have made the playoffs for the fourth consecutive season. What can you take from past playoff experiences into this latest round of postseason play?

we play hard, we win

2. We won the Victory Cup for the second consecutive season, this time sharing the award with Chicago. What does taking this award mean to our team and the legacy of this group of players?

it means we are very good

dc and helsinki win the serieses

any flavor

no flavor

i do not know or care about this question

7. Which team that made the playoffs has your favorite logo/color scheme (besides Warsaw of course ;))?

no other team as a scheme as good as ours so nobody

whichever is the hardest

It definitely adds to the legacy of this core, who has been pretty much dominant the last 4 seasons or so. I would love to cap it off with the most prestigious trophy in the VHL, and that's what we need to focus on right now. Victory Cup 'aint too shabby though. ;) 

My heart says New York and Malmo. However, I think my brain would give you different answers to both. It's the playoffs though, so you never know.

Uhhhhh, I wouldn't call myself a big gum chewing guy, but probably one of those fruity five ones, even if they lose their flavour after 5 chews.

Toronto. Maybe it's the lineup inconsistency, but I feel like they've had multiple franchise players come and go. They should be in a better spot, like they proved last year.

7. Which team that made the playoffs has your favorite logo/color scheme (besides Warsaw of course ;))?

I kinda have a knock against them all, but all things considered it would be one of our EU rivals, being between Malmo and Prague. They both have sick color schemes, just a bit iffy on the logos.

9. Which league leader in any category are you most impressed with for their performance this season?

How can I say anyone but my teammates, both @Renomitsu and @hylands had amazing seasons, and I can't wait to see them clean up at the award ceremony. Although he didn't lead a category, another shoutout to @Crstats23 for being 4 short of the league lead in goals.

Just if we play our game and give 100% effort every game then we will go far.

It shows we a great team and have an excellent shot at the continental cup.  It's uhtred third and final victory cup and now it's time for the third continental

Probably one of the Mint flavours.  It's been a while so don't remember which one.

The bubble gum flavour as it doesn't last very long.

I love Lions so will go with that.  Either a lion or a bird of prey like a falcon so I can fly and not be worried about getting eaten by a bigger bird.

Dark liquor is definitely the first choice.  Scotch and Bourbon are my go to.

More experience. My stat for experience literally went up this past season, but otherwise my build is pretty similar to how it's been.

I know some people say it's cursed (it really isn't), but I think it's a double-edged sword at the very least. It may encourage some teams to sit on their laurels if they've done unusually well in the regular season, I don't know.

DC over New York (surprise, I already know they're up 3-1) and Helsinki. I think we had a better time in the regular season vs. Helsinki, but they're also generally the more talented team I think.

Ooh, definitely some kind of mint. Spearmint, peppermint... I like them all!

I feel like L.A. is the most obvious answer to this. Riga and Moscow are still relatively young and probably want higher picks anyways. L.A., on the other hand, has an aging roster and couldn't make it in over D.C. Can't give you a good reason for that.

An otter! 🦦

Look at how cuddly those little guys are! But I probably wouldn't want to be able to smell myself if that were the case.

I'm not surprised by any of them in particular. I do think it's impressive that Brian Strong Jr. managed to have the best +/- in the league with a team that barely scraped into the playoffs.

Neither! I'm not much of an alcohol gal.

We have made the finals before so we need to get back to that with a similar core!

We have been one of the toughest group of players ever and it is awesome seeing the team be rewarded for our play.

I think Malmo won and not sure who won the other, maybe DC?

I actually don't tlike gum at all, it is a texture thing for me

As answered above I do not like any but to choose one I would say original bubble gum flavor.

Lexi is all about the red wine but not much of a hard liquor girl

On 6/23/2021 at 5:42 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending June 27th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

7. Which team that made the playoffs has your favorite logo/color scheme (besides Warsaw of course ;))?

1. That we know what it takes to win in the playoffs 

2.means we are consistent but that’s not the only cup we want

3. both series are over but I would have got the EU wrong

4. any that’s no cinnamon I don’t like spicy gum

5. Cinnamon 

6. LA surprised me the most

9. Dear of course really helped having her around to assist my breakout season 

10. don’t drink so can’t answer 

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending July 4th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We survived an early scare from Malmo to take the series 4-1. How do we stay fresh going up against Prague in the European Conference finals?

2. What has been the most surprising moment of the postseason so far?

3. Who was our MVP in the Malmo series?

4. Do you prefer your ice cubed or crushed?

5. Which VHLE locations would you most prefer to see selected?

6. Which team do you believe will make the finals from the North American Conference?

7. Which team do you believe will win the lottery tournament?

8. What's the deal with "cubed" ice from fridge dispensers being shaped like semicircles??? Do they really expect us to believe this piece of ice shaped like a goddamn orange slice is a cube??

9. Who will be most important to our team in our quest to win the Prague series coming up?

10. What is your favorite hot beverage?

1. We survived an early scare from Malmo to take the series 4-1. How do we stay fresh going up against Prague in the European Conference finals?

we will win because we are better

crushed like my enemies

none they all suck (halifax)

6. Which team do you believe will make the finals from the North American Conference?

whichever one is the least bad

whichever one is the most bad

8. What's the deal with "cubed" ice from fridge dispensers being shaped like semicircles??? Do they really expect us to believe this piece of ice shaped like a goddamn orange slice is a cube??

i do not care as long as i get my ice

9. Who will be most important to our team in our quest to win the Prague series coming up?

me, we all know why

a good cup of tea innit

We'll do what we can from the player perspective. Our approach to the game comes from coaching down otherwise.

Dropping the 2OT game to Malmo. That was pretty unexpected and a bit frustrating, but we turned it around in quick order.

I would have to think Uhtred and Dakota would be our MVPs. They had multiple games with 2-4 points apiece and were part of the turnaround after the early loss.

A singular giant cube, of course! It's the best way for ice to look fancy.

Secret Denmark locations of course. They're not listed in the poll, but we all deserve to go to Denmark periodically. :)

Seattle. They've got that weird playoff magic nonsense that seems to crop up every season.

7. What's the deal with "cubed" ice from fridge dispensers being shaped like semicircles??? Do they really expect us to believe this piece of ice shaped like a goddamn orange slice is a cube??

I think it's less likely to clog the ice machine. You can push the semicircular ice chip through with a little force, but a cube may be more difficult to break.

8. What is your favorite hot beverage?

Tea. It's calming and gives you a kick of energy afterward if it's caffeinated. 🍵

Take one game at a time and focus on what we do best, filling the back of the net.

I'll go with Uhtred and lamb Co-MVP.  Both had 14 points.

Cubed. Fridge has crushed setting but never use it

Rome as my next player is Italian so he can't potentially play at home.

Lol never really thought about that. No I will never not see it 

Coffee or espresso are the best.

We survived an early scare from Malmo to take the series 4-1. How do we stay fresh going up against Prague in the European Conference finals?

Well, predators are getting stronger and stronger. No doubt, warsaw will score on every opponent's mistake. 

Who was our MVP in the Malmo series?

i guess it was Dakota Lamb. He does his best. Well-deserved. 

Which VHLE locations would you most prefer to see selected?

I'm fall in love with Saint Petersburg. Unfortunately city had no chances to become a spot for new franchise. 

Which team do you believe will make the finals from the North American Conference?

I hope it would be the most convenient club for us. 

Who will be most important to our team in our quest to win the Prague series coming up? 

I'm sure everyone is very important for Warsaw in upcoming series. 

What is your favorite hot beverage?

I assume it's a tea. 

Just rest up while we can. We've had some success against them before, so we just have to come out, play our game, and shut them down.

Uhtred for sure, the old man carried me, and the whole team. 

Crushed 100% if I have the option, something about it is just better.

I can't really just choose one, but I'm excited to see both Swedish teams, Stockholm and Vasteras, make a comeback.

Picking right now, I have to say Chicago. Seattle seems like a but of a pretender, tbh I'm not even sure if they've got past Calgary yet.

Los Angeles, of course! They have 2 time JPMDLMVPT Winner, Jeff Pines, how can they not win?!

Obviously Hoop is a good choice. I feel as if the Dear line is going to takeover as well, but without a goalie playing well, you can't get much done.

I'm just a basic coffee drinker, 2 sugars 2 creams. 

1. We survived an early scare from Malmo to take the series 4-1. How do we stay fresh going up against Prague in the European Conference finals?

We have a lot of depth. We will be okay!

The most surprising is that we haven't swept through!

Gotta go with Dakota I think!

Cubed but both are solid

Is there a list? If not please get an Atlanta or Salt Lake team!

Hot cocoa is the best. Easy

On 6/30/2021 at 6:15 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending July 4th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Stay calm during practice 

2.Seattle/DC series 

3.Lamb for sure 

4. Cubed

6. I  predict Seattle wins the NA

7. I don’t know what’s good in that tournament 

10. hot chocolate for me 

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending July 11th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We just won the first cup in franchise history. WARSAW WHERE YOU AT???

2. Got an early prediction for next season's cup winner?

3. How do you think the addition of the VHLE in S80 will affect the quality of VHL play?

4. What are your thoughts on the 6 VHLE teams that were announced?

5. What is your favorite fruit?

6. What shape pasta is best?

7. Who was the biggest unsung hero of our playoff run?

8. If every day of the week got into a fight who would win?

9. Would you rather be too cold or too hot?

10. What was the most hype moment of our season? (this one's a freebie ;))

:muffbeav:

i am here hello

obviously it is us

3. How do you think the addition of the VHLE in S80 will affect the quality of VHL play?

it means we'll have higher tpe players in the league i guess

i think the league in general is just stupid

apples

friday is unbeatable

10. What was the most hype moment of our season? (this one's a freebie ;))

when we won the cup

44 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1). I'm in the locker room partying and watching everyone drink beer from the cup!!
3). I think it's going to make VHL teams a bit more competitive overall and allow players that do move up from the E to the big league to walk in at a much higher TPE level.
4). I'm ecstatic! Especially for the Berlin Steel. I came up with that name when Victor and Acyd reached out to me for logo designs and it is so cool to see a team of my creation implemented into the new league.

5). Green apples!

6). I'm a sucker for tortellini, rigatoni, penne, or pasta that is shorter but thicker. And gnocchi!
7). Tim Waters. Tons of shots blocked and had a great +/- throughout the playoffs.

10). WINNING THE CUP OF COURSE!!

ABSOLUTELY HYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE, can't believe we actually did it, poetic timing as well. Congrats to all my teammates, we did this as a team. Time to party all offseason into the sunset.

It may be a little optimistic to say Warsaw, but that's what my heart says, however realistically, I think I'll say Malmo. They have a solid, young core, and I think they take a big step next season.

I think it will lessen the gap between teams even more than it already has, since there is a higher barrier to entry. Builds will become even more important.

I'd have to say Ajay. Doesn't get talked about as much since he's gone inactive, but still a damn good .921 SV%, kept us in some of those games. 

Definitely Monday. No matter how much time you have off, Monday always hits like a truck.

10. What was the most hype moment of our season? (this one's a freebie ;))

Yessir it is. We finally did it, climbed to the top of the mountain, and won a friggin' cup. 🏆

15 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Right with everyone else drinking out of the cup, hell I was the one who popped the champagne bottle to start it 

2. to early to really say but I expect Prague to be very good 

3. I think it will lessen the gap in the VHL because now you have higher TPE wise rookies coming in so they can actually produce the 1st season 

7. gotta be Ajay 100 percent, he shut the door on some very talented teams when we needed him too

8. Monday because it hits like a truck at full speed 

10. FINALLY winning the cup with this core we’ve had for our entire streak of playoffs appearances

I was at the stadium watching this amazing game till the final whistle and then i celebrated win with a huge croud of Warsaw fans

I'm really bad at predictions. I'd like to see us in the finals one more time but only time will show.

I guess the quality will be a bit higher than ever.

Unfortunately, St. Peterburg was skipped. It's amazing city with a great history and hockey culture. 

I consider it's orange. 

6. Who was the biggest unsung hero of our playoff run?
Krishna had an amazing playoffs perfomance. Absolutaly hero.