VHFL's Steal of the Season

McWolf

Screenshot_20200904-171258_Discord.jpg

Before the season, I was in the London locker room, in our channel dedicated to VHFL tips.

And I said I should write a VHFL hot takes article. I then went on to call 2 hot takes, 1 of which wasn't really hot at all.

But the other one was fairly spicy, as I predicted Alex Bridges would end up as D3 or better.

So, let's see if I went for a hot 2 for 2 in my hot takes.

Screenshot_20200904-200639_Sheets.jpg?wi

And I did.

Rather convincingly, as Bridges paced all players with 313.0 VHFL points, comfortably in the top 3, 34 points over 4th-place Lincoln Tate.

That makes me want to possibly write a short Hot Takes article in the future.

But for now, I'm just going to finish this article with the list of players that got this season's best player.

@McWolf (19th pick)

@Snussu (20th pick)

@Tape-to-Tape (21st pick)

@Beketov (23rd pick)

@OrbitingDeath (24th pick)

@rjfryman (26th pick)

@BladeMaiden (29th pick)

@omgitshim (29th pick)

@Sonnet (29th pick)

@GustavMattias (30th pick)

@Doomsday (34th pick)

If you wanted Bridges, chances are he wasn't even selected in your group.

Or if he was, he was picked most likely in the 4th round or later.

I was the one to pick him the earliest, which just goes to show how much I believed in my hot take.

Congrats to the other 10 that got him, you got one step closer to winning your group.

6 hours ago, OrbitingDeath said:

D1 and D2, not bad :D shame my forwards will probably be horrible then haha

Same. I had D1 and D3, but my three forwards were in the F10-F15 range and my goalie was outside the top 10. y i k e s

The thing is, I know every year that the best D are decent players on a shit team. I know that good players on a team in the middle of the standings aren't going to fare as well in VHFL as players who are objectively less good, but in a better position team-wise. Yet every year I find myself wanting to rep my team guys and take at least one of Block, Perrin, or Stansson, knowing full well my team is decent and therefore they won't get a billion shot blocks. I know the strats, I just have a hard time actually wanting to do the strats.