Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

a_Ferk

1. As the season wraps up, what's 1 thing you're grateful for from this season :) - I survived... I made it through and now I can focus about coming back stronger.

2. We have a new AGM, and a familiar face in Dylan! What do you think about our front office's newest member? - He is an real cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything. 

3. Looks like we've actually been winning some games lately due to our new members, have there been any team bonding exercises? - It's Saskatoon, good times unfortunately usually involve enough alcohol to where you can't remember what happened.

4. How do we celebrate wins with our goalies? - Headbutting them and waiting until they're paying attention before shooting at them in warm-ups the next day.

5. While it looks like we'll miss the playoffs, commentary has been that we just don't give up, how do you feel about this idea of never giving up? - If you've given up... why are you on the ice? 

6. Rumor has it that the Saskatoon stadium is having a "Frivolous Friday" theme where everyone dresses up as crazy as possible, what are you wearing to the arena? - Something I stole from Don Cherry's closet. 👀

Offseason Presser #1!!!

1. We have a new sponsored publication in the Wild Times! Do you have any ideas for the next issue?

2. Seeing as most of you are draft eligible, have you put any thought into where you want to be drafted?

3. What do you plan on wearing to the draft? Formal or casual? (if drafted what did you wear?) 

4. We saw some MASSIVE numbers put up this regular season, specifically 167 points from Bryn Yrwy, do you think we can top that individual success next year?

5. As the semi-finals roll on, it looks like Yukon and Ottawa are the strongest contenders, who do you think wins it all?

6. A fun one! What's your favorite season and why? I'm usually a big summer guy but have been making a point to explore the fun parts of autumn this year!

On 11/2/2021 at 11:16 AM, BarzalGoat said:

1. We have a new sponsored publication in the Wild Times! Do you have any ideas for the next issue?

2. Seeing as most of you are draft eligible, have you put any thought into where you want to be drafted?

3. What do you plan on wearing to the draft? Formal or casual? (if drafted what did you wear?) 

4. We saw some MASSIVE numbers put up this regular season, specifically 167 points from Bryn Yrwy, do you think we can top that individual success next year?

5. As the semi-finals roll on, it looks like Yukon and Ottawa are the strongest contenders, who do you think wins it all?

6. A fun one! What's your favorite season and why? I'm usually a big summer guy but have been making a point to explore the fun parts of autumn this year!

1.) Well, usually the off-season is for end of season review...but that may not be the best choice this year, haha. Maybe a "where are they now?" for a semi-recent team.

2.) Not really. It's not really a secret that I like to play for either Ottawa or Philly, but I'm totally OK playing for any team. I'm a little surprised I've only had 1 team reach out to me about the draft, but it is still a little early.

3.) Always formal. Look the part, be the part.

4.) I certainly can't! That's getting into Jeevan Samuelsson territory.

5.) I'm gonna go with Ottawa because historically that's been my team - zero research, heart only.

6.) I like the fall - nice and cool out, not as rainy as spring, getting into the holiday seasons.

Offseason Presser #2!!!!

1. How has the offseason been going for you, did you stay in Saskatoon or go home?

2. What's one part of your game you'd like to improve this offseason?

3. Are there any players in the VHLM who you'd like to get a chance to play with? 

4. Offseason means free time, any good shows on Netflix or Hulu that you've been catching up on?

5. Taking time off from hockey can be good, what's your secondary sport that you like to play?

6. What's your favorite lunch food? I'm pretty hungry and could use an idea :)

15 hours ago, BarzalGoat said:

Offseason Presser #2!!!!

1. How has the offseason been going for you, did you stay in Saskatoon or go home?

3. Are there any players in the VHLM who you'd like to get a chance to play with? 

4. Offseason means free time, any good shows on Netflix or Hulu that you've been catching up on?

5. Taking time off from hockey can be good, what's your secondary sport that you like to play?

1. I went home for a bit, sometimes you just miss your home.

2. I've decided to finally upgrade hitting and scoring

3. No, but I will definitely look for some in my next reincarnation 

4. No, my offseason is spent hibernating or training.

5. I love to play some hole digging. it helps with hibernation. otherwise, tree cutting helps too. 

6. i am a big fan of burgers or vegetarian curry. 

On 11/10/2021 at 12:05 PM, BarzalGoat said:

1.) I went back home - I was only in Saskatoon for a short amount of time and didn't really put down permanent roots at all...I didn't even get my own apartment!

2.) I'm just starting out in the league so I have lots of areas to improve, but I really need to improve my style control - need to work on making the "unexpected" saves.

3.) Not particularly to be honest - I just don't know that many other people yet. Still trying to get my name out there to meet some other people.

4.) I've been on a 90's sit-com kick - previously watched Friends for the first time, now I'm going through Everybody Loves Raymond. Afterwards, I'm probably moving to Modern Family, though that isn't the 90s. Obviously these aren't "good" TV shows or critically acclaimed or anything, but they're good shows I can watch while doing something else and not really miss anything.

5.) Tennis - It's completely different than hockey and is much more individualistic. It's still exercise, but much more relaxing...and no long distance running!

6.) Usually leftovers from dinner, but a good hoagie hits right.

Offseason Presser #2!!!!

1. Had to go back home and see my parents. There's a lot of grind during the season and in the offseason so you gotta take whatever opportunity you get to stay connected to your family.
2. I'd like to focus more on my skating and shot blocking. I need to be better positionally to help out the team.
3. Not really. I haven't really looked around at the other players to know them specifically
4. Been hitting up a good chunk of anime lately. Right know I've been watching The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Pretty fun show, but you need to watch it dubbed, which is a shame because Netflix bought the rights to the show in like season 2 so it became sub only, and they created a new series with different dub voice actors so really you can only watch season one and have it be enjoyable.
5. I like to play lacrosse. Pretty similar to hockey, except way less pads, on a field, and the sticks have a net that you use to throw a ball and it's all in the air.
6. Can't go wrong with a quality grilled cheese with tomato and bacon WITH the sandwich being cooked IN the bacon grease.

On 11/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. Are you playing VHFL? If so, who was your first round pick?

2. What point task have you been doing in place of trivia this offseason?

3. What position do you think Saskatoon will finish in the regular season?

4. Do you think Florent Vericel will be as dominant for us this season as he was in S74? Why or why not?

5. How has the weather been holding up for you in recent days? We are still under a foot of snow.

6. If you could be a professional athlete, what sport would you play?

1. No, I don't believe I am.

2. Well I always do a media spot and I have some career tasks to take care of now.

3. Depending on who goes to the VHLM we could be very good. If my understanding of how that works is correct.

4. I have no idea, This is my second season in the league, and I joined at the end of the last season.

5. I have had surprisingly goof weather where I am from. Should be constantly snowing though.

6. I would play baseball because I absolutely love the sport.

Offseason Presser #2!!!!

1. Arrived in Sasky recently and will be spending much of the offseason there.

2. I would like really to improve in my ability to handle the puck.

3. No not really.  I'm happy with who I am playing with.

4. Finished Lasso recently.  Working through Manifest right now.

5. Baseball.  Always enjoyed the statistical aspect of it.

6. Pizza always.

Saskatoon Press Conference

It's that time again! Answer these 6 questions for 2 TPE!

@Alesime @Grape @GoldGear88 @Turnip67 @Thode @MrMonkey @Advantage @N0HBDY

1. How is your player preparing to ramp up for the start of the VHLM season on Wednesday?
2. Any goals you want your player to achieve during the season?
3. What are your first impressions of Saskatoon?
4. Is there any VHLM team that your excited to play this year?
5. Are you a fan of the NHL? If so, how is your team doing so far?
6. Favourite Fruit?

39 minutes ago, Bulduray_1 said:

1. How is your player preparing to ramp up for the start of the VHLM season on Wednesday?
6. Favourite Fruit?

1. My player is preparing by consuming unhealthy amounts of chicken nuggets from McDonald's, and he is watching film. (He is already maxed for VHLM)

2. Best Two-Way Defensemen in the VHLM is my goal this season.

3. I think we have a really good defensive core, I think with the right signings and moves Saskatoon could be one of the best teams.

4. Halifax, simply because they were the first team I played for. Possibly Yukon as well.

5. I LOVE the NHL and the Red Wings. The Red Wings are off to a fantastic start, especially since the top two in the Calder race right now are both from the Red Wings.

6. I love apples and bananas, but mostly bananas.

3 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

6. Favourite Fruit?

1. Just putting the work in on the ice and in the gym.

2. Win another Founders Cup.  If I had to set personal statistics goals: 30 Points, 200 Hits, 140 SB.

3. Enjoy it so far.  Haven't been able to get out as much yet though.

4. I'm excited to play Ottawa since I was a member of their team last season.

5. I am...not well lol.  Habs fan.

6. Best fruit hmm...probably Strawberry.

22 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

6. Favourite Fruit?

1. How is your player preparing to ramp up for the start of the VHLM season on Wednesday? Getting the fingers warmed up with lots of Halo games.
2. Any goals you want your player to achieve during the season? I would like to just have consistent performances for my rookie season.
3. What are your first impressions of Saskatoon? The weather changes by 20 degrees each day.
4. Is there any VHLM team that your excited to play this year? Just excited to get going.
5. Are you a fan of the NHL? If so, how is your team doing so far? Im a fan of the Devils so not great. I don't want to talk about their jersey reveal today.
6. Favourite Fruit? Peaches.

On 11/22/2021 at 10:03 PM, Bulduray_1 said:

6. Favourite Fruit?

1. upgrading on scoring and faceoff

2. get 30 goals

3. nice place

4. Ottawa, they just won so why not

5. favorite team is LA

6. black berry

On 11/22/2021 at 9:03 PM, Bulduray_1 said:

6. Favourite Fruit?

1. I am preparing by training and getting my defensive skills up.

2. I would like to see myself in top 10 defensemen, but I don't know if that will happen

3. Fairly new to my brothers team, currently quite.

4. I am fairly competitive and I would like to see us knock Ottawa Lynx down a few pegs

5. Yes, but its rough being a Blackhawks fan right now

6. Mandarin

Presser Time! Answer these questions for easy 2 TPE!

1. What's the biggest thing we can improve on in our upcoming games?
2. What are your season expectations for our team?
3. What's your favourite sports team jersey?
4. How is your player fitting in with his new team on the ice?
5. Favourite movie or show?
6. Coca Cola or Pepsi? 

@Alesime @Blakemac22 @DisplayName @BraydenPoint @Walllle919 @wwefan12 @Grape @GoldGear88 @Slick @Turnip67 @Thode @rotbag @MrMonkey @Strider @Advantage @N0HBDY @ToooSaucey

2 minutes ago, Bulduray_1 said:

6. Coca Cola or Pepsi? 

@Alesime @Blakemac22 @DisplayName @BraydenPoint @Walllle919 @wwefan12 @Grape @GoldGear88 @Slick @Turnip67 @Thode @rotbag @MrMonkey @Strider @Advantage @N0HBDY @ToooSaucey

1. Staying consistent. Keep scoring like last game, keep stopping pucks.

2. Playoffs. We have a deadly squad, just need to put it all together. A few signings/trades away from being contenders.

3. Probably the Arizona State for any sport. That colour combo is insane.

4. 1-0! Life's good so far between the pipes.

5. Goodfella's

6. Pepsi

8 minutes ago, Bulduray_1 said:

6. Coca Cola or Pepsi? 

1. I think Scoring. From what I saw we been a low scoring team

2. At least make it into the playoffs, or don't be the bottom team.

3. Hmmmm, I kind of dig the Blackhawks Alternate Jersey

4. I think he is doing ok. Got  assists to this point

5. Seal Team been the thing I've been watching a lot lately and couldn't wait for new episodes

6. Pepsi

22 minutes ago, Bulduray_1 said:

6. Coca Cola or Pepsi? 

1. Maybe Scoring Or Updating
2. Maybe The Playoffs Or Just A Decent Season
3. I Love The Chicago Bulls City Jersey, It Gives Me A Old Retro Vibe.
4. The Team Has Been Welcoming And I'm Actually Happy That I Have A Friendly Group Of Teammates
5. My Favourite Movie Is Space Jam, (I Love Basketball)
6. Pepsi

27 minutes ago, Bulduray_1 said:

6. Coca Cola or Pepsi? 

1. Overall game needs to be improved on.
2. Finding consistency and having solid efforts no matter the results.
3. I have a soft spot for the throwback Vancouver Millionaires maroon jersey's they wore during the 2014 Heritage classic.

4. Struggling to score but will get there eventually.
5. Tom Hardy's Legend.
6. I've been trying to cut out sugar but before then it was always pepsi.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:22 PM, Bulduray_1 said:

6. Coca Cola or Pepsi? 

1. I think staying out of the penalty box.

2. I'm hoping we can climb into the playoffs and make some noise.

3. I love the Capitals uniform.

4. I think Rusty is fitting in well.  He's played a big role on the blueline.

5. Favourite movie is Schindler's List.  Favourite show is Ted Lasso.

6. Coke for me.  Both are good though.

6. Coca Cola or Pepsi? 

1. We could use a boost in scoring. Hard to compete when we can't put the puck in the net
2. I see this team as finishing 5th in the league. Once we find some consistency and we start accumulating more TPE, I think we'll come into our own.
3. I don't know why but I very much love the LA Chargers jerseys.
4. Not new but Bob has been doing very well this season, mainly in the hits department, which is what I wanted.
5. Megamind is a cinematic masterpiece and you cannot tell me otherwise.
6. Coke for mixing, Pepsi for drinking.

6. Coca Cola or Pepsi? 

1. Honestly, offense and defense, is seems that it is not adequate on either side of the puck.

2. Maybe a playoff sneak in, assuming we can put something together soon. Other than that it will be pretty tough to make it into the playoffs.

3. Red Wings, I love there jerseys, they are sick.

4. I think he fits in really well, just we can't seem to get the job done.

5. I like shows but I can't say I have a favorite.

6. Coca Cola all the way. Pepsi sucks.

PRESSERRRR TIMEEEEE!!!
Awnser these 6 questions for easy 2 TPE

1. Does your player have a rivalry with another player?
2. After staying around in many different VHLM cities, what city is your player's favourite?
3. What type of locker room personality does your player have?
4. Anything you look forward to in 2022?
5. What's your favourite part of the holidays?
6. Best meal you've ever had?

8 minutes ago, Bulduray_1 said:

PRESSERRRR TIMEEEEE!!!
Awnser these 6 questions for easy 2 TPE

1. Does your player have a rivalry with another player?
2. After staying around in many different VHLM cities, what city is your player's favourite?
3. What type of locker room personality does your player have?
4. Anything you look forward to in 2022?
5. What's your favourite part of the holidays?
6. Best meal you've ever had?

1. I would say Connor Johnson. As a defender he beating me by 9 points. I also think a little friendly competition is fun.

2. Saskatoon. It's always great to come back to the home crowd and play in front of them.

3. I would say he is a quite and friendly guy. He probably be the one always quite in the corner somewhere.

4. 2023, lol jk. For this pandemic to finally be over.

5. Long working hours, I'll be work 12 days straight for 10-12 hours per day after Christmas. Lol jk. I would say just hanging out with family and the girlfriend.

6. Long horn stake house, stake dinner. Not gonna lie. Usuly I don't eat well or anything fancy, but going there was pretty good.