Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

a_Ferk

On 2/24/2022 at 12:18 AM, Bulduray_1 said:

Presser time!

1. Minou Lambert is another standout player for our team, with 77 points, he's tied for 3rd in the whole VHL. In your opinion, how much of a contribution has he made on our dominant offense?

2. As more and more games pass, it's increasingly easier to point your finger on a playoff team - maybe even a Cup Winner. As 48 games have been played for Saskatoon, do you think this team has what it takes to go deep in the playoffs?

3. What is something that this Saskatoon team excels at that other teams struggle with?

4.What's your favorite aspect of Hockey?

5. What your player's song that gets them pumped for a big game?

6. Thoughts on the NHL season so far?

@NatIng14@Dust bucket@Austin2997@NyQuil@GoldGear88@Minoulambert23@freezyeh@Abraham Lincoln@Strider@PuckyMcStick@Azorochi@Wheaties@dylanjj37@InstantRockstar @Smitty29  @Snussu@Tom Edwards@jennurse98

1. He has made a lot of contribution.

2. Yes we do.

3. Offence and Goal tending.

4. The saves and scoring.

5. Thunder By Imagine Dragons

6. The Leafs are doing well so I'm fine.

1. Minou Lambert is another standout player for our team, with 77 points, he's tied for 3rd in the whole VHL. In your opinion, how much of a contribution has he made on our dominant offense?
- One of the best on the team, dominant player and offensive contribution is insane, elite player for sure. 

2. As more and more games pass, it's increasingly easier to point your finger on a playoff team - maybe even a Cup Winner. As 48 games have been played for Saskatoon, do you think this team has what it takes to go deep in the playoffs?
- With my 40th win now under my belt as a rookie goalie, I'd like to see us as a top team for the cup! 

3. What is something that this Saskatoon team excels at that other teams struggle with?

Goal scoring for sure, we light a lot of teams up! 

4.What's your favorite aspect of Hockey?

How fast paced & exciting it is 100%. 

5. What your player's song that gets them pumped for a big game?

City of Gods is a new one that he's hooked on for sure. 

6. Thoughts on the NHL season so far?

My Ducks are finally fun to watch play again so it's been amazing for me personally. Fuck the other teams tho. 

Weekly Press Conference

Answer these 6 questions for 2 TPE

1. We are first place in the VHLM with 93 points! How does it feel?

2. Almost every player has a few embarrassing moments while playing hockey, tell us one embarrassing hockey memory

3. What type of locker room guy is your player?

4. List one thing you enjoy about the Saskatoon Wild!

5. With the likes of Napoleon Dynamite and Pierre Emile Bouchard joining the team. How do these acquisitions help us out come playoff time?

6. What's the biggest athletic weakness your player has?

@NatIng14@NyQuil@GoldGear88@Minoulambert23@freezyeh@Abraham Lincoln@Strider@PuckyMcStick@Azorochi@Wheaties@InstantRockstar @Smitty29  @Snussu@Tom Edwards@jennurse98 @Gaikoku-hito @thadthrasher

8 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

Weekly Press Conference

2. Almost every player has a few embarrassing moments while playing hockey, tell us one embarrassing hockey memory

5. With the likes of Napoleon Dynamite and Pierre Emile Bouchard joining the team. How do these acquisitions help us out come playoff time?

@NatIng14@NyQuil@GoldGear88@Minoulambert23@freezyeh@Abraham Lincoln@Strider@PuckyMcStick@Azorochi@Wheaties@InstantRockstar @Smitty29  @Snussu@Tom Edwards@jennurse98 @Gaikoku-hito @thadthrasher

1. Napoleon is feeling very excited. Saskatoon is the first professional team he's ever played for, and he's getting some good ice time. It's much more than he expected.
  2. Well, since Napoleon is new to the whole scene he didn't know about the rookie skate that happens right before the game. Oh boy, was he in for a treat.
  3. He's still pretty reserved, always has been. Not much of a talker, just a doer.
  4. The teammates are all very welcoming!
  5. Well, Napoleon adds some center depth to the lineup, and those late game face off victory will be needed.
  6. He needs to work on his shooting. He's still not doing it enough.

12 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

Weekly Press Conference

1) Feels great, happy to be apart of such a successful team thus far! 

2)I was on a breakaway and fell all by myself

3)Id say he's not the most outspoken but is involved in the chats

4)The quality of guys on the team

5) Great players, hoping to make a deep run

6) I would say strength, my player is small but quick 

16 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

Weekly Press Conference

1. It feels great.

2. It has to be slipping in a shootout so I didn't get a shot off.

3. Welcoming and friendly.

4. I love our energy.

5. I feel like we have a better chance at winning the whole thing.

6. My checking.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:11 PM, Bulduray_1 said:

1.It feels very good, but we have a lot of wotk to do before the playoff.

2.Miss a empty net at 6 feet.

3.Not talk so much, but I'm there if there somethings funny.

4.We win a lot a lot of players have a lot of points.

5.These two guys are good and will help the offense and the defense.

6.My checking

For a first year player... this feels beyond words. One hell of a season! 

While learning to play goalie early on in his career, Augustus ended up falling over pretty much all game during a huge rivalry match, ruining the game for his team. 

Quiet and focused, does a bit of chatter but mostly getting himself hyped up, listening to music, just spending the time alone. 

The team dynamic, it's been a long time since I've been on such a fun team in the M! 

We are already so deep and powerful, these adds just make us even better, was so excited by adding both. 

Currently... none. He's got a great reach, good rebound control, good senses, etc. Only thing he will be focusing on as he progresses to the pros is agility to be quicker around the net. 

Weekly Press Conference

Signed with the team since I believe in the core of this team has what it takes; being first in the league is hopefully only a sign of things to come for the team. It will take hard work and a bit of luck but ..........

2. Almost every player has a few embarrassing moments while playing hockey, tell us one embarrassing hockey memory!

Oh, singing in a game since it was a boring game around Christmas time, so belting out the tune of I am dream of a White Christmas "softly" while skating up and down the ice to finish the song and have the fan start cheering. But what nothing happen on the ice for them to cheer for? Oh, As you realized that they could hear you sing as you were not sing as softly as you had thought!!

Very quiet and tend to lead by example. Also tend to let others do their jobs when they have been assigned since everyone makes mistake and don`t need anyone to tell them when they made a mistake. Mistakes are a way of learning and are not truly mistakes!!

Saskatoon Forestry Farm park and Zoo as it has a nice garden to stroll through. Who doesn`t like a petting zoo with cute bunnies and other farm animals.

Well, Since I am one of these players I am going to be honest. The core of the team isn`t effected by having two players join the team so hopefully we add some more depth option that strengthens our chances during the playoffs. It will take hard work and a bit of luck if we are going to be successful.

Passing but due to the meta and even after the new hybrid changes this will stay very much his weakness since the meta hasn`t changed only the goal post have been moved. But as defender the new hybrid system should help him defend more!! Welcome to closer low scoring games in the future.

Press Conference

1. Playoffs have begun! What is the greatest team we have to look out for?

2. What one player on our team needs to perform well in order to lock in for our success for the playoffs?

3. What would playing in a playoff environment mean for your player?

4. Everyone has different emotions when they unlock a certain milestone, how is your player feeling after securing a playoff spot?

5. How does your player normally prepare for gameday?

6. Pineapple or Mango?

11 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

Press Conference

2. What one player on our team needs to perform well in order to lock in for our success for the playoffs?

4. Everyone has different emotions when they unlock a certain milestone, how is your player feeling after securing a playoff spot?

6. Pineapple or Mango?

1. The greatest enemy on the ice we have to look out for is ourselves. It's a head game at this point. If we stay concentrated and focused we'll come out on top!

2. Without a doubt we need some amazing goaltending from @InstantRockstar.

3. Well, Napoleon Dynamite has never in his life been a part of something so important. He's feeling some pressure, but he really isn't nervous.

4. Like I mentioned above he's feeling some pressure, but overall he's feeling good.

5. He eats a lot of tater tots, feeds his llama Tina, and usually does a few dance numbers to warm up.

6. Napoleon is a sophisticated person who would eat both of them together. But, if he HAD to pick one it would be mango.

15 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

Press Conference

6. Pineapple or Mango?

1)Houston look like the other top team in the league. Would be a head to head battle 

2)I would say its a team effort, i wouldn't single out one person. 

3)It is my players first time in the playoffs, I know I will be nervous playing in my first game, but will warm up to it

4) Id say after my trade here, that I am happy with how quick I adjusted to this team. I believe that was a big hurdle for me 

5) usually he eats a meal with lots of carbs, and tosses on Metallica

6) pineapple for sure 

On 3/9/2022 at 11:16 PM, Bulduray_1 said:

Press Conference

Houston Bulls, they have a lot of great player.

Me, I'm not very happy of my two first game, so i want to rebounds for the rest of the playoff.

It's incredible and I love the fact that we are one of the favorite.

Continue to work hard and ready to win the championship.

I love to have my music and be focusing on my game.

6. Pineapple or Mango

Pineapple

Always the first team we face, so at this point it would've been Miami but we took care of business, now we look forward to our next opposition.

Unfortunately the pressure falls on me, because as a goalie you need to perform to win games, of course it is a team game but without a good goalie performance, you're toast. 

Further excitement and also a bit of gratitude. We've worked SO hard all season to get to where we are, so for it to all come full circle is amazing. 

Very, very blessed. As a rookie goalie who was behind most other goalies, my expectations have been SO far surpassed it's not even funny. 

Very quietly, on his own most of the times, mentally preparing for everything and being ready to die on the ice. 

6. Pineapple or Mango?
On Pizza, Pineapple, but overall, Mango. 

Press Conference

Every team, game by game is how we should focus since anything can and will happen in the playoffs. We can look at other team matchups all we want but unless we play them in a series then it is wasted energy. Focus the energy on the now.

See above post from InstantRockstar as the tender needs to be our best player almost ever night if we are going to win but our best players also need to be our best players.

Excitement and focus as the playoffs are what every player looks forward too. If we raise the cup it will be a dream come true.

It was expected but now the real work begins. Milestones only means we met one of many goals and until all goal have been met then we don`t have the right to celebrate or let off. If anything we might need to work even harder.

A lot of sleep then a nice steak and potato meal followed by early arrival at the rink for stretching and extra work on the equipment if need be.

6. Pineapple or Mango?

Pineapple all the way since I am not even sure if I have ever ate an Mango.

Press Conference

1. We're in the Cup Finals, how does it feel?
2. What has our team done to see this type of success in the playoffs?
3. After the season is complete, what does your player plan on doing for the offseason?
4. In your opinion, how has your player grew from the start of the season?
5. As the season winds down, awards will be the next thing on players minds. Who is our MVP for this season?
6. Is there any particular team your player wants to end up in next season? Whether it's in the VHLE or VHLM

46 minutes ago, Bulduray_1 said:

Press Conference

3. After the season is complete, what does your player plan on doing for the offseason?
5. As the season winds down, awards will be the next thing on players minds. Who is our MVP for this season?
6. Is there any particular team your player wants to end up in next season? Whether it's in the VHLE or VHLM

1) It feels amazing, I am so happy to be part of such a great group in my first season!

2)I feel like we were never down too bad in any of our series, for the most part we had control of every series we were in

3) My player will train hard in the offseason in the hopes that he is drafted to the E.

4)My player grew a ton. He's not expected to be a large goalscorer, but he has been scoring more and more as the season went on

5)Minou Lambert has been a stud all year, could be him

6)Not in particular, just looking forward to making my decision on if i'm staying down or going up. 

There isn't a better way to describe it other than FREAKING amazing

I think the biggest thing has been growth, both internally and externally. We added some pieces late which only bolstered the roster, and those already on the team stayed committed to updating and it proved to be our success story. 

Off-season for me is draft time, this is my biggest draft as I go to both a new VHL and VHLE team, I'm very excited to learn who I'll be playing for moving forward. 

I would say there is a clear difference between my player from the beginning of the season to now. I've grown almost 150 TPE and really proved I'm committed, my players performance has also been huge ever since. 

I agree with the above mentioned player, Minou has to be top of the list if we're talking MVP.

I honestly hold no bias or 'status' towards any particular team, I'm just open to landing on a new team and having a lot of fun there, and if it happens to be a team I've played for in the past, I'll be just as happy as I haven't had a bad experience since re-joining the league 3 years ago 

Press Conference

It has been a lot of blood and a little bit of sweat to get this far so I must say it is amazing to see our hard work paying off. Now we simple must stay focused and complete the job against Houston. Either way it has been a very successful season and everyone should be proud. 

Simply been very good but right since I joined the team the team has been very good; which is also why I selected to sign here off waivers. We have had the right mix of a good tender and some very hot performance from your key players.

3. After the season is complete, what does your player plan on doing for the off-season?

Well, I think I can say that I am going to train and try to figure out this new training regiment that the league is introducing. Should be interesting to see what works and doesn`t work not to mention that most of the VHLM GM & AGM will almost be drafting blindly as all players are going to need to figure out the new system but it means anyone can be drafted in the first round etc... and actually have a big impact on the teams rosters. Training is the short answer!! LOL!! 

He has improved most areas of his game from Defensive, Puck handling and his Skating but the off season will be see the largest change to his growth so it will be interesting.

Oh, I really haven`t put much thought into this at all since I am focus on the playoffs at the moment but I am going to say Minou for the regular season and Brain Kowalski for the playoffs atm.

Again I haven`t put too much thought into where I am going to play next season as I am focused on this season but let he have a quick look see where I would be interested in playing Saskatoon would be welcomed if drafted by the team but I am not sure if that is going to happen so I would be looking at Halifax 21st (I actually lived in Halifax so would be special to play for the local team) or Mississauga since I actually would like to have players play for every team at some point. San Diego would also be an option based on all the picks but I am not sold on that team for some reason. I am also not eligable for the VHLE draft; which I find interesting since I could be in a position where I hit 200TPE and then become a free agent in the VHLE since it will be determined by the team that drafts me in the VHLM if I decide to stay for the full season or bounce as soon as I hit the the threshold. I might do this anyways!! Just to be a pain in the ass!! LOL!!

On 3/20/2022 at 11:02 AM, Bulduray_1 said:

Press Conference

1. Dynamite is feeling incredibly excited. He certainly didn't expect this during his first season ever!
  2. Well I think having a solid core is helpful, and adding the likes of Dynamite has helped establish that.
  3. Napoleon will be draft eligible, so he's hopeful that a cup win will help bump up his stock!
  4. He's only played a handful of games in the VHLM, but in that course of time, and especially in the playoffs he has grow exponentially. His scoring and passing have really increased!
  5. I mean, just looking at the numbers for the regular season it has to be Minou Lambert.
  6. For the M he has no preference, and for the E he'd like to play for Stockholm. He heard the GM there was 🔥 

On 3/20/2022 at 11:02 AM, Bulduray_1 said:

Press Conference

It's amazing, but we have one more playoof round left, we have to wint tthis.

The denfensemen are really good in offense, they got a  lot of points.

Work hard fot the next season.

He become a better player with more sense of hockey.

I think it's me, i have an incredible season and i finish the fifth better pointer in the league.

No, just to play in this league will be an honor.

That's right, another presser.

1. Saskatoon wins the Founders Cup! How do you celebrate?

2. After every season, players sit themselves down and look at what they can do better at next season. What's your player working on improving in the offseason?

3. How did this team go as far as it did, in your opinion?

4. List one thing you love about Saskatoon

5. If there was one country you would go and visit for vacation, which country would it be?

6. What are you looking forward to the most next season?

15 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

2. After every season, players sit themselves down and look at what they can do better at next season. What's your player working on improving in the offseason?

5. If there was one country you would go and visit for vacation, which country would it be?

1. I Go out to dinner with the team.

2. Not sure.

3. Great teamwork.

4. The Fanbase.

5. Germany.

6. Playing in the VHLE.

On 3/26/2022 at 11:00 PM, Bulduray_1 said:

1) Drinking my heart out haha

2)I think my player needs to work on his strength and conditioning. He seemed burned out towards the end of the playoffs.

3)I believe the trades made the big difference.

4)The locker room 

5)England, because i would love to see a soccer game there in person. 

6)Looking forward to getting drafted. 

1099744659_VHLMLogo100.jpg.711cb9a9af89a4ceb0f9b5beb76edcae.jpg    Press Conference  1339897578_SaskatoonWild60.jpg.a3deead48f46d59987bb75698866bac2.jpg

Pop the bottle in the dressing room after the game and maybe hit the town for a few more pops. Hopefully the team pushes back the trip home and rents a private pub or bar for the team. Also look forward to a nice Steak and egg breakfast with some champagne to allow further reflection on the feat the team pulled off. 

2. After every season, players sit themselves down and look at what they can do better at next season. What's your player working on improving in the off-season?

Defensive play is always a must so positioning in our own end and first pass ability to break the puck out of our own end. I think I am going to really focus on the first pass as well as the defensive positioning this off-season. It will be an interesting off season fore sure either way.

Team play with everyone contributing at different times and timely goal keeping. And at the grace of god or simply put a ton of luck!!

Playing front of Canadian crowds that are starved for really Hockey since the Blade don`t really cut much lately!!

Oh, Tough question as I don`t think this applies to a country with some countries in the world being so large that you would need to break it down into regions. I used to have a to-do list of places around the United States and back/off beat areas of the Canada that I would like to visit but now that I am in Japan I am doing the same thing around here. If I had to select one country I am going to say Australia as I think it would be very much like visiting a different world with culture, different animals etc... compared to North America.

Well, I am looking forward to being drafted this off-season in the VHLM and hopefully making another run at the Founder`s cup but also seeing which VHL team takes me the following off-season since it will determine my fate within the VHL for years to come. I have my preferred teams but we will see what happens as this is one aspect that I cannot control.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito