Best Graphic of Luke Thornton so far...

Review:

I really like the double player look and the background work is damn near perfect. The logo swaps are valiant attempts and better than I can do but they just don't quite match the resolution of the rest of the player. The team logo at the bottom isn't in the right resolution and the design would be better with a different team identifier or just without it. 8.75/10

• Commissioner

@Jtv123 I gotta side with @Enorama on this, do you have an explanation? Or better yet a PSD to prove it was your creation? Looking at it at face value I see a graphic being found and having a premade team bar and a few logos strapped onto it. That would be the plagiarism and not allowed in the slightest.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

@Jtv123 I gotta side with @Enorama on this, do you have an explanation? Or better yet a PSD to prove it was your creation? Looking at it at face value I see a graphic being found and having a premade team bar and a few logos strapped onto it. That would be the plagiarism and not allowed in the slightest.

I was told that I only need to put logos, a name and some extra stuff on it on a picture in picmonkey to claim a 6 TPE graphic tho because it is deemed to be enough it seems. That's what all  I've been doing and claiming from this player since the start tho

• Commissioner

I don’t think you quite understood what you were told or someone drastically misled you because to be original VHL content you can’t just be taking premade content that other people have created, adding 2 logos, and calling it your own.

• Commissioner

Do you ah e proof that was premade and all they did was add 1 filter? While that is pretty simple it’s not taking someone else’s work, slapping a few logos on it, and calling it your own. That would be plagiarism.

cR72NmU.pngQ6NP48d.pngwfr.PNGda.PNG

Took me a maximum effort of 30 sec from all of these to add some sort of filter. Probably another 15 sec if I added a name too. That's some good effort lol.

And I'm only using picmonkey, I know there are some other apps that let them change the whole thing with only one click to look completely different from the original one.

Edited by Jtv123

• Commissioner

You are seriously missing the point. Adding a few filters doesn’t make it yours. You didn’t make the original graphic. It doesn’t matter how much you change it, you still didn’t make it. If I took a graphic from @gorlab and slapped new text on it I wouldn’t call it mine.

I never mentionned in this discussion that it was mine, you are the one saying it for my mouth.I just made it into a sig that I could use and made some changes to represent Luke Thornton while actually making some efforts without use a one click filter change like some people and I was not lying that it is the best graphic of luke thornton so far.

And what about the other graphic that I just showed you from Dayne + there is a lot more like those graphic around. Just a filter change from a graphic online and they claim it

Edited by Jtv123

I think you over-estimate how much detective work goes into people checking/approving sim league graphics... It's only in situations such as this one, where someone sees the exact same image as a VHL graphic on social media with very minor tweaks, and says something about it, where you're going to get called out. Your Joe Pavelski example, although it's the exact same amount of BS work as what you did for Gaudreau here, and got called out for, is at least visually different enough that someone won't be able to immediately identify and trace it back to the source. 

Frankly in my PERSONAL opinion, none of the trash filter / gross text work you both speak of, and post, should be allowed, but I also understand that it's a sim league at the end of the day, and if people want to bullshit their way by, who am I to say they are wrong for doing so. As you've noticed/admitted in your posts, numerous people do it this way and don't get called out / rejected.... but they also at least cover their tracks with a gross filter and they don't use recent NHL social media graphics in their entirety. 

Edited by gorlab

• Commissioner
16 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

I never mentionned in this discussion that it was mine

You posted it though. Per the rules of the league that means you are claiming it’s your work when it clearly isn’t. If you can find shit with proof that other people are doing it they’ll receive punishment as well but low effort and plagiarism aren’t the same thing. This is plagiarism, period.

I'm not gonna snitch any more people for yo bitch ass. Give me my punishment cracker. Don't even know why you're delaying it since nothing will change.

I'm just gonna claim low quality graphic with 0 efforts in them now lol 

Edited by Jtv123