The Devise is a Scrub Resim Shame Thread

VHL Games

25 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

Pardon me??

Nope your starter got scooped Al:

β-DCD G enters game at 4:03 of 2nd period

oh, poop. I just saw they were first in the goalie stats list, good catch. I was hoping for a resim of that game too I guess 😂

3 minutes ago, bigAL said:

oh, poop. I just saw they were first in the goalie stats list, good catch. I was hoping for a resim of that game too I guess 😂

I'm pretty sure all the games are getting resimmed, see Bek's post earlier in the thread.  He said it was all or nothing.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Devise said:

Resimming tonight when I do regular sims. 

That seems like a bit of a messy move, wouldn’t that make all 4 games happen without GM’s having any chance to adjust?

42 minutes ago, Beketov said:

That seems like a bit of a messy move, wouldn’t that make all 4 games happen without GM’s having any chance to adjust?

Yeah but then Chicago can't win all four games for maximum drama and entertainment

47 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I'll be leaving a window during the livesim after the resim to check with GMs re lines. While generally the system allows for more of a window for changes, honestly not that many GMs do make frequent changes. I have what 6 sets of lines from different teams total despite 10 teams in playoffs? Again generally we wouldn't run into this limited time issue given time between sims. 

For those wondering as well the reason for the resims is due to me selecting the S75 and not the playoff folder for the lines in question. 

7 minutes ago, Devise said:

I'll be leaving a window during the livesim after the resim to check with GMs re lines. While generally the system allows for more of a window for changes, honestly not that many GMs do make frequent changes. I have what 6 sets of lines from different teams total despite 10 teams in playoffs? Again generally we wouldn't run into this limited time issue given time between sims.

Yeah but for EU GMs that doesn't really work well (or just GMs that go to bed prior). Would we not be able to do the resim nowish (during the day sometime in the next couple of hours) to give them chances to adjust? Or have Josh or Bek do the resim in case you can't?

2 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

Yeah but for EU GMs that doesn't really work well (or just GMs that go to bed prior). Would we not be able to do the resim nowish (during the day sometime in the next couple of hours) to give them chances to adjust? Or have Josh or Bek do the resim in case you can't?

I haven't set an exact sim time, I'll likely do it earlier given everything but I'm not going to do two live sims today no. A 5-15 minute window is enough for a GM or an AGM given someone getting notified of where teams are at standing wise to send in another set of lines if need be. 

But don't use that as like an "official timer I'm given and moving on after that." I'll play it by ear during the sim and see who is/isn't in contact and what their stance was. I've already had a GM confirm to me they don't care what the results are, and won't be sending in any changes regardless right so. An error was made, is what it is, show must go on etc. etc. 

• Devise changed the title to Meaningless Games That Mean Nothing But Are Fun To Look At The Thread (Resims Happened)
18 minutes ago, Devise said:

An error was made, is what it is, show must go on

Thanks for being so honest and transparent through this D-Man. Shit happens when humans are left in charge, it’s an honest mistake. Keep on keepin’ on and doing the best you can. 

• Devise changed the title to The Devise is a Scrub Resim Shame Thread
1 hour ago, Devise said:

But don't use that as like an "official timer I'm given and moving on after that." I'll play it by ear during the sim and see who is/isn't in contact and what their stance was. I've already had a GM confirm to me they don't care what the results are, and won't be sending in any changes regardless right so. An error was made, is what it is, show must go on etc. etc. 

I definitely didn't want to come across as judgemental or difficult :) just wanted to throw it out there for consideration. Appreciate you Devise!