King's Statement: "I believed this league was better, they would do better. They didn’t."

IamMOOSE

Kevin King Official Statement on the Postseason:

“I want to say so many things right now. Talk about how some very high up people in this league are willing to die on the mountain that what's gone on this postseason is completely fair. That it really feels like the league went ahead and said fuck that other 1/4 of series who weren't affected by the first sims before the reset. I know it doesn't matter. I know for those 3/4 of series there needed to be one and for the way that STHS works and the way sim results come back they couldn't do anything differently. I want to say I understand and that yeah, it’s completely justified because it is. There’s also a part of me that feels like I should be this angry about it. That the response from the league has kinda warranted my response to it in the first place.

My camp has been through this before. I’ve been pretty vocal about my thoughts on the resim and how it’s been handled. I’m angry. I’m hurt. After the way the EFL went for my group I wanted to believe that if the same had ever occurred in the VHL that it’d be okay because it was a better league ran by better people, and they would find a way to make it work. Unfortunately, it just didn’t happen. And I’m left so disappointed. My faith in this league has been broken, my trust for those running it has been shattered. And for the most part it’s because of the response the higher ups have come back with for it. To take the route that it’s just a fair distribution of events feels like a spit in the face to those who were just eliminated by it. I expected more and I suppose that’s on me. I believed this league was better, they would do better. They didn’t.

I'm mad, I'm frustrated, I’m so extremely disappointed. I realize it means nothing to the people running this league. I know now to expect a hostile response from those in charge, but much like they’ve shown in response to this glaring crack in the foundation of how sims run, ‘it is what it is, can’t change it’. I realize I’m not gonna reinvent the wheel. I realize this league only listens to the ideas and commentary from those within that inner circle.

So, this will just be my outlet. Where I can get even 5% of my frustration out and collect all the wonderful comments, I expect to from those who either benefitted from this postseason or just skimmed through it so they can comment about complaining with no context or awareness of anything I’ve said. That’s what I’ll expect now. From this league. From Management, from Commissioners, from people who I thought were gonna figure it out. From a league I trusted to figure it out. So that we can keep the game thread clear for the series head of us in DC/Chicago & Malmo/Moscow.

Congratulations to Chicago, Malmo, DC, & Moscow for moving on. I hope the Conference & Finals series go on without controversy. May the best of you win. And congrats to those players who are getting a chance to potentially win a Continental Cup this season. It’s a great feeling. That’s all for now.”

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, IamMOOSE said:

To take the route that it’s just a fair distribution of events feels like a spit in the face to those who were just eliminated by it

Literally no one said it was fair, that doesn't mean we had a choice. I get being annoyed but taking your frustration out on us doesn't make anything better. If you want to be mad at someone go be mad at Simon for coding the engine the way he did. We physically can't do re-sims any other way which is why we try to avoid them as best we can. I'm sorry you got screwed by it but what exactly would you propose we do any different because I'd love to hear how it could have been more fair.

14 minutes ago, IamMOOSE said:

I realize this league only listens to the ideas and commentary from those within that inner circle.

That rhetoric is woefully unnecessary and unhelpful. As is most of this "fuck the blues" mentality but whatever.

16 minutes ago, IamMOOSE said:

From a league I trusted to figure it out.

We've literally been fighting that fight for 13 years now. If there was a way we would.

4 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

If you dont like it, go make a league yourself. Build your own sim engine that allows you to sim, well correcting errors for any game if they occur. Then come back to us almighty god, and your perfect non error ways we bow before you.

We are not worthy if such a perfect human 

You're just looking for a fight dude. You don't read, you pay attention, clearly evidence by the fact you were looking for a fight in the game thread till you realized I wasn'tsaying much in there beyond congrats to the advancing teams. So, I'm gonna pass on this bai my dude, go elsewhere with it.

Edited by IamMOOSE

Just now, IamMOOSE said:

You're just looking for a fight dude. You don't read, you pay attention, clearly evidence by the fact you were looking for a fight in the game thread till you realized I wasn'tsaying much in there beyond congrats to the advancing teams. So, I'm gonna pass on this bai my dude, go elsewhere with it.

You litterly made an article attacking people, you whined as if the entire series was over AFTER 2 GAMES. You act like the league went out of its way to bend you over. 

Yet im the one looking for a fight? You litterly are attacking not 1 but 2 leagues. Of people who earn 0 real world dollars, well putting in real world time to make a fun league.

In my opinion if i was a blue id perma ban you. As your clearly very toxic. Crying about a fake league with results that dont effect anyones life. Made by people here for pure enjoyment

Just now, Gooningitup said:

You litterly made an article attacking people, you whined as if the entire series was over AFTER 2 GAMES. You act like the league went out of its way to bend you over. 

Yet im the one looking for a fight? You litterly are attacking not 1 but 2 leagues. Of people who earn 0 real world dollars, well putting in real world time to make a fun league.

In my opinion if i was a blue id perma ban you. As your clearly very toxic. Crying about a fake league with results that dont effect anyones life. Made by people here for pure enjoyment

Actually, I cranked out a Media Spots venting my frustrations in a way where I could not only earn 6 TPE but also keep it out of the game thread. 

I wrote an article about my frustrations and how those frustrations with the results has made me feel. What I also said in this article you clearly DID NOT FUCKING READ is: 

"I know for those 3/4 of series there needed to be one and for the way that STHS works and the way sim results come back they couldn't do anything differently."

I've also discussed that yeah, I'm frustrated and disappointed and you know what, THAT'S OKAY. I'm sure I'll get over it and move on soon but when people like yourself actively follow me around to different threads to pick a fight it keeps that frustration and "whining" going. You want to throw a tantrum cause I'm pissed off fine, but do not ignore the irony of you continuing to follow me around whining and crying about my article of your perceived whine and crying. At least when @Beketov comes at me for my outburst he does it with some sense.

Get over yourself Goon.

• Admin

The only feasible way to have made this more fair would have been to take the resim results for the other 3 series and then keep resimming until there was output which matched those AND the original DC/VAN results. I'm no expert on probability but it feels like that could have taken a while.

38 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Literally no one said it was fair, that doesn't mean we had a choice. I get being annoyed but taking your frustration out on us doesn't make anything better. If you want to be mad at someone go be mad at Simon for coding the engine the way he did. We physically can't do re-sims any other way which is why we try to avoid them as best we can. I'm sorry you got screwed by it but what exactly would you propose we do any different because I'd love to hear how it could have been more fair.

That rhetoric is woefully unnecessary and unhelpful. As is most of this "fuck the blues" mentality but whatever.

We've literally been fighting that fight for 13 years now. If there was a way we would.

As for your comments man. I'm just frustrated. I've been frustrated and as it's been pointed out by others, I'm obviously not enjoying myself right now. I don't have the answers for the sim, as I said in the article, there's not much to be done under the current format, I get that. So I apologize for the fuck the blues stuff. Quite frankly, I'm just frustrated because I thought things were gonna be handled differently based on my expectations.

51 minutes ago, IamMOOSE said:

I know it doesn't matter. I know for those 3/4 of series there needed to be one and for the way that STHS works and the way sim results come back they couldn't do anything differently. I want to say I understand and that yeah, it’s completely justified because it is.

Just to clarify; even if we broke up the games to be on their own game days in the sim, the reason we cannot promise maintained results during a re-sim is due the logistics of how a resim takes place. While it should be noted we haven't actually had many resims over the seasons, when one does occur the simmer has to grab an older version of the index save file, generally the one from the day before, thus the index itself goes back in time to before the events of the previous day. Breaking the games up into their own days and saving indexes for each game could be possible, but again, what if Game 1 on an 8 game sim is the one that needed to be resimmed? Your still going back in time regardless of the breakdown of those gamedays. All this would allow you to do is maintain the consistency of a winner in series that didn't need a resim. 

I should also clarify that normally in the event of a resim the integrity of the winners results is generally kept if that series was unaffected. This was not the case in this situation due to gamedays being tied together by conference. In the future permitting STHS scheduling allows it we could maintain that all playoff games happen on their own gameday so that in the event of any resims at the very least the winner themselves could be maintained, obviously permitting that the series in question wasn't the subject of needing the resim. 

Lastly; I don't really get how you can take the stance that us doing things the way we did here was justified and then claim that your faith and trust in the league is broken. So you did an assessment of the resim situation, talked to those about what had happened and determined that given the circumstances it was a justified course of action. But then upon your own analysis you also feel your faith/trust in the league was broken? I'm fine if you want to say this isn't the optimal way to deal with this, but faith/trust get broken when there is no good line of transparency. You freely admit this is a justified way to deal with this situation based entirely on the top to bottom transparency provided of what went down. It kind of sounds like you have no grounds to complain so are half and half to simply get this off your chest. You do you. 

15 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

In my opinion if i was a blue id perma ban you.

cmon son, that was an overreaction right here. 

As the VHL's resident complainer I get that frustration from Moose. Esp when your team outshot DC in game 7 by 20 and still lost. I would've been mad as hell too. 

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

The only feasible way to have made this more fair would have been to take the resim results for the other 3 series and then keep resimming until there was output which matched those AND the original DC/VAN results. I'm no expert on probability but it feels like that could have taken a while.

Honestly there was nothing. The sim does let games go individually so it was never gonna not mess with something. I mostly wanted to vent my frustrations for some points and so I wouldn't continuing the argument in the game thread. Congrats on moving on by the way.

1 minute ago, Devise said:

It kind of sounds like you have no grounds to complain so are half and half to simply get this off your chest. You do you. 

You got it. Just needed to vent. Felt this was better than nothing and carrying it. I'm not mad at you, I maybe wish a blue would've just said hey that sucks man, but regardless it is what it is. There was nothing to be done. I hate the sim engine a little more today than at the start of the season but that should be expected. Again, I'm just blowing off steam.

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, IamMOOSE said:

I maybe wish a blue would've just said hey that sucks man, but regardless it is what it is.

My initial response was basically that?

“With how STHS functions there is literally no way around it. Backups just go back to the last save so every game done between those saves needs to be re-done. If we could avoid it we would but unfortunately we can't.”

I didn’t say the words “it sucks” but is it that different?

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

My initial response was basically that?

“With how STHS functions there is literally no way around it. Backups just go back to the last save so every game done between those saves needs to be re-done. If we could avoid it we would but unfortunately we can't.”

I didn’t say the words “it sucks” but is it that different?

It just sucks. Nothing more to really say at this point. It just sucks. Tomorrow I'll move on.