DAV/SEA ; S49

Gooningitup

Nez is for cap purposes. For someone that's a potential FA on a non-playoff team and with limited trading partners due to the market and cap, you got to get the bang for your buck. From my memory, NYA is an aging team so the pick won't be too bad.

As for @tfong, Thanks buddy for all you've done for the Bears and the process during my short period so far with the team. I'm happy that I got to finally hack out a deal that sends you to atleast a playoff team. Took quite sometime to find this final deal!

• Head Moderator

Thanks @Banackock for keeping your word. Was a weird ride for us in Seattle but stuff happens and I won't hold it against you next time I consider playing for Seattle ;)

Also HAI @JardyB10!!!!! Again :D

Oh man after a long cycle of years...I'm finally back in Davos where it all started :D

Edited by tfong

Just now, tfong said:

Thanks @Banackock for keeping your word. Was a weird ride for us in Seattle but stuff happens and I won't hold it against you next time I consider playing for Seattle ;)

My word is always good to my players. Best of luck in Davos. I will be rooting for Seattle's second team.. I mean Davos..:hmm:

57 minutes ago, tfong said:

Oh man after a long cycle of years...I'm finally back in Davos where it all started :D

</3

• Victor changed the title to DAV/SEA ; S49
4 minutes ago, brovy said:

smh lol

Shake your head? So youd rather have tfong stayon a non playoff team and have him leave in the offseason or would you rather get the best that you can for him? People are up against the cap. Eaglesfan stated I couldnt get a 1st for him. Market is low. 

Rather get a decent potential 1st than watch him leave for free. 

1 hour ago, KingRobbie said:

You think there is a lot of dav/sea trades there could have been another. For me that is but I nixed it.

You like to think you nix it but after that first message it wasn't going to happen. Not worth the risk of assets.

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

You like to think you nix it but after that first message it wasn't going to happen. Not worth the risk of assets.

Okie dokie. You make it sound like I said I flat out wouldn't play for you. I said I want finish the season on a playoff team. When the off-season comes I will see.

21 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Maybe next year i should pretend i am competing, get a bunch of free agents for free, and then ship them off for 1sts

Well it was a smart tactic, the FA's that signed there though might want to take a look at their decisions.

4 hours ago, Banackock said:

Shake your head? So youd rather have tfong stayon a non playoff team and have him leave in the offseason or would you rather get the best that you can for him? People are up against the cap. Eaglesfan stated I couldnt get a 1st for him. Market is low. 

Rather get a decent potential 1st than watch him leave for free. 

No its good for you, you basically got just got a free first. Along with other guys you got to resign that were going to leave. I just dont see why Davos is trying to be so mediocre picking up these overpriced older players when they could have been a serious competitor in a season or two if they held on.

2 hours ago, KingRobbie said:

Okie dokie. You make it sound like I said I flat out wouldn't play for you. I said I want finish the season on a playoff team. When the off-season comes I will see.

I know. Good luck the rest of the way, mate.

2 hours ago, brovy said:

No its good for you, you basically got just got a free first. Along with other guys you got to resign that were going to leave. I just dont see why Davos is trying to be so mediocre picking up these overpriced older players when they could have been a serious competitor in a season or two if they held on.

In what world was i competing with 3 actives in 2 seasons time? When the Reign, Vikings, and Titans already have stronger cores than i started with. If it wasnt for selfish players demanding out, im likely not doing any of these trades because im still in a good spot rebuilding. 

But shit happened and i had to make a choice. Take advantage  of a weak euro, or hope to god somehow the teams built better some how falter. North America is full of very old teams, that likely sell next year which could change power. Im not gunna win a title this year, no doubt but next maybe? And older they are S46? So mid player cycle, if they stick around i have 2-3 good seasons. By then europes caught up, then i start my full rebuild.  

15 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

In what world was i competing with 3 actives in 2 seasons time? When the Reign, Vikings, and Titans already have stronger cores than i started with. If it wasnt for selfish players demanding out, im likely not doing any of these trades because im still in a good spot rebuilding. 

But shit happened and i had to make a choice. Take advantage  of a weak euro, or hope to god somehow the teams built better some how falter. North America is full of very old teams, that likely sell next year which could change power. Im not gunna win a title this year, no doubt but next maybe? And older they are S46? So mid player cycle, if they stick around i have 2-3 good seasons. By then europes caught up, then i start my full rebuild.  

Let's hope they all sell. REVIVE THE BEARS!

27 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

If your going to try and compete and make the playoffs whats the point of not being the best? Your just wasting your time. You have one good active core player and jardy that is going to stay and the rest of the roster is filled with spare parts and only have one first in the next 2 drafts (granted this draft really wasnt going to be anything special considering your going to make the playoffs). But hey if thats what you think wins a cup go for it. 

I was criticized for rebuilding and purposely being bad in order to acquire players like Sleeman, Rodriguez and Unassisted but PLEASE now look at my roster and where I am in the standings. It takes time and there are no shortcuts to the cup.

36 minutes ago, brovy said:

If your going to try and compete and make the playoffs whats the point of not being the best? Your just wasting your time. You have one good active core player and jardy that is going to stay and the rest of the roster is filled with spare parts and only have one first in the next 2 drafts (granted this draft really wasnt going to be anything special considering your going to make the playoffs). But hey if thats what you think wins a cup go for it. 

I was criticized for rebuilding and purposely being bad in order to acquire players like Sleeman, Rodriguez and Unassisted but PLEASE now look at my roster and where I am in the standings. It takes time and there are no shortcuts to the cup.

Lol kesler you still havent won anything. Plenty of teams have had good regular season records