If only he would put the results to a public eye smh

he said "if it was a democracy, no one would be fired"

but yeah I want names too

• Admin
5 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

if this were a requirement it'd likely increase the churn of GMs

maybe that's what we want 🤔

5 hours ago, fishy said:

player cards (or whatever the hell those things are called)

sigs smh

4 hours ago, McWolf said:

Is this a direct jab at me? I swear, my English level has decreased since I joined the league, I don't know what's wrong with me.

London GM as well for shame

4 hours ago, Phil said:

In the height of my activity, I used to post a GaME OF THE WEEK in the lockerroom, where I'd recap for the team, what I thought was our best Game of the week. Does anyone remember that?

I miss you

2 hours ago, 16z said:

I like it, most GMs sit around doing nothing all week anyway and shouldn't even have their positions but that means the active people have to do even more and that's not fair

Obvious troll is obvious 

Actually no it isn't, I think all managers should be putting time in hyping up their team, maybe I was a little harsh in saying some should be fired but the argument I see about not wanting to do it because it's extra time during the week is nonsense. I get it some teams will have players do a lot of work and that's fine but what about the clubs who don't have a hype man? The GM should definitely be putting time in to get more people wanting to play for them. This isn't a bad idea at all for more league related content and to make it feel more like a league. Burning out is one thing and I understand that but we all strive to be creative and different/better in our next articles or graphics so I don't understand the problem, doesn't need to be a huge change, just something a team does each week like a team website thing. I know some GMs work enough already but I know some do more than others and it shows so maybe this will help the people who feel not involved, more involved with the team. This is a shoutout to Spartan for being the man!

Hold the phone...

GM job, prestigious?

Arent some players choosing where they want to play more and more right out of the draft?

That's enough for me to say, yeah no GM application from me.  

Edited by MattyIce

2 hours ago, Peace said:

Problem with Berocka’s poll was some of the answers were “for the meme”. It was anonymous, but still not taken seriously given the drama at the time.

There is no way to make sure there aren't meme answers. Making it anonymous I believe makes the answers more truthful

1 minute ago, Berocka said:

There is no way to make sure there aren't meme answers. Making it anonymous I believe makes the answers more truthful

I agree, but I know members of my own team meme voted for firing me. I can guarantee you that's not exclusive to just Toronto.

9 minutes ago, Peace said:

I agree, but I know members of my own team meme voted for firing me. I can guarantee you that's not exclusive to just Toronto.

SOCIAL CLUB MEMBERS ONLY

5 hours ago, 16z said:

Actually no it isn't, I think all managers should be putting time in hyping up their team, maybe I was a little harsh in saying some should be fired but the argument I see about not wanting to do it because it's extra time during the week is nonsense. I get it some teams will have players do a lot of work and that's fine but what about the clubs who don't have a hype man? The GM should definitely be putting time in to get more people wanting to play for them. This isn't a bad idea at all for more league related content and to make it feel more like a league. Burning out is one thing and I understand that but we all strive to be creative and different/better in our next articles or graphics so I don't understand the problem, doesn't need to be a huge change, just something a team does each week like a team website thing. I know some GMs work enough already but I know some do more than others and it shows so maybe this will help the people who feel not involved, more involved with the team. This is a shoutout to Spartan for being the man!

100% agree as it would be nice to have a shout-out once in a while for a good game, bad game or even comments stated somewhere like in this thread for demanding them to engage their small community in active discussion outside of the LR (discord).

I have for one never used discord until I joined this league and even then since I live half way around the world from the core of the LR, i tend to have whole conversations with myself in our LR.

Have you every walked into a building and all the lights are off expecting something bad is about to happen? Yeah, That is me daily as I walk into my LR since I am their alone!! LOL! If I wasn't a discord user now I am not sure I would have anything to talk about or discuss since most of the chatter is done in discord now rather then the forum here as @DMaximus is trying to state.

Forcing a GM to write articles about his team though might be pushing it too far but they should at least try to engage their team in the forums rather then LR as not everyone can have a say or even lights on when they enter the building.

15 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

100% agree as it would be nice to have a shout-out once in a while for a good game, bad game or even comments stated somewhere like in this thread for demanding them to engage their small community in active discussion outside of the LR (discord).

I have for one never used discord until I joined this league and even then since I live half way around the world from the core of the LR, i tend to have whole conversations with myself in our LR.

Have you every walked into a building and all the lights are off expecting something bad is about to happen? Yeah, That is me daily as I walk into my LR since I am their alone!! LOL! If I wasn't a discord user now I am not sure I would have anything to talk about or discuss since most of the chatter is done in discord now rather then the forum here as @DMaximus is trying to state.

Forcing a GM to write articles about his team though might be pushing it too far but they should at least try to engage their team in the forums rather then LR as not everyone can have a say or even lights on when they enter the building.

@Victor I hear cries for every team to have forum LR's 🔥

16 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

A more serious response to your post here. I agree that every GM should be taking measures to be engaging or making some effort to engage every member on their team. I relied on my AGM's as well to foster locker room activity when we had all Discord users, and to also help me drive forum LR activity when we had forum only users. The key is just to be flexible with your members and try to understand what motivates each person, because it's all going to be different.

I've had some users who really appreciate DM communications, and primarily use that instead of chatting in the team LR. I've had others who appreciate their work being put on a pedestal for everyone else on the team to see and appreciate. Every GM should continually try to take steps to get to know their players better and understand what keeps them engaged and happy. It's something that's unique to every player, and it's something every GM should be thinking about. I think about it a lot as well, and how to engage the most amount of people possible.

Now, if what you're looking for is specific ways of getting engaged with or interacted with, I don't think it's particularly difficult to reach out to your GM/AGM and let him/her know that you would like if "x, y, and z" happened. GM's have lives as well, some can't be around all the time to just figure stuff out without being told. I get busy with classes and other life stuff, so I can't really turn a sim league job into a real life managerial time commitment, where I'm trying to fully understand every player on my team. I think it's a two way street, and both players and GM's should be taking steps to figure out how to best engage everyone :).