S38 Hall of Fame Induction

Higgins

Welcome to the S38 VHL Hall of Fame Induction ceremony!

----------------

First up we have the Dutch born winger who was drafted 1st overall in the S25 VHL Entry Draft to the Riga Reign. This prolific scorer would spend 8 full seasons in the league playing for both the Riga Reign and HC Davos Dynamo. With 755 points and almost 2,000 hits he was a player who was feared by his opponent when he had the puck and when he didn't. He would finish in the top 10 for hits and the top 25 for points all time in the VHL. Ultimately he would not be able to capture a Continental Cup championship despite playing 51 playoff games, but his regular season dominance with six 100 point seasons and two-way play has earned him a spot in the VHL Hall of Fame.

LW - Ansgar Snijider, S25-S32 :rig::dav:

576 GP, 349 G, 406 A, 755 P, +253, 777 PIM, 1959 HIT, 229 SB, 64 GW

S26 Dustin Funk Trophy
S29 Messier Trophy
S30 Messier Trophy

This player is making his first appearance on the Hall of Fame ballot this season. From day one he broke the mould when he was the first first-generation member player ever taken first overall in the VHL Entry Draft. That's a lot of 'firsts' so it is only fitting that he is now a first ballot VHL Hall of Fame member. He was selected by the Helsinki Titans in the S30 VHL Entry Draft and would play six seasons with the Titans, winning a Continental Cup championship in Season 34 as the captain. He captained the Titans for six seasons and picked up four Grimm Jonsson Trophies for top leader along the way as well. He also made the playoffs in all seven seasons he played and put up six 100 point seasons. He was a staple in the VHL as one of the best players on and off the ice over his seven season career.

C - Ethan Osborne, S31-S37 :hel::sea:
504 GP, 315 G, 429 A, 744 P, +295, 292 PIM, 589 HIT, 305 SB, 50 GW

S31 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy
S32 Grimm Jonsson Trophy
S33 Grimm Jonsson Trophy (co-winner)
S34 Grimm Jonsson Trophy
S34 Mikka Virkkunen Trophy
S36 Scotty Campbell Trophy
S36 Brett Slobodzian Trophy
S36 Mike Szatkowski Trophy
S36 Kevin Brooks Trophy
S36 Grimm Jonsson Trophy (joint with 4 others)
One Continental Cup (S34)

Board of Governors Final Voting

Ansgar Snijider 9/9

Ethan Osborne 7/9

----------------

Alexander Valiq 2/9

----------------

It is now with great pleasure that I get to induct the next builder into the VHL Hall of Fame. Matt Bentz is a name that most members, both old and new, can recognize on the VHL. He was the GM of the Calgary Wranglers for nine seasons from S11-S19. As the Wranglers GM he completed a rare feat as he won back to back Continental Cups in S18 and S19 as well as be selected as the top GM in those seasons. Bentz also contributed to the league in many more ways than just GMing including as a VHLM Commissioner and by creating two Hall of Fame players with both Matt Bentz (S21 HOF) and Mikka Virkkunen (S22 HOF). Now we can welcome Matt Bentz to the builders side of the VHL Hall of Fame.

----------------

Congratulations to Snijider, Osborne and Matt Bentz on being inducted into the VHL Hall of Fame! :vhl:

kinda lame that Snijider gets in and Peters doesn't even get talked about 

Snijider

576 GP, 349 G, 406 A, 755 P, +253, 777 PIM, 1959 HIT, 229 SB, 64 GW

Peters

GP 575, 331 G, 438 A, 769 P, +213, 265 PIM, 686 HIT, 233 SB, 62 GW

Edited by gregreg

I don't believe I was "around" for these HOF talks, but I'm assuming he's lauded for his two-way consistency.  Also he bitches a lot and doesn't let anyone forget about him.

Looking now though, Peters in indeed on the ballot, fwiw

Edited by JardyB10

I don't believe I was "around" for these HOF talks, but I'm assuming he's lauded for his two-way consistency. Also he bitches a lot and doesn't let anyone forget about him.

Looking now though, Peters in indeed on the ballot, fwiw

okay as long as I was on the ballot, that's all I needed.

STILL PETERS>Snijider

So happy to see Snijider finally get his due. He had to wait for a weaker season due to his lack of awards, but he certainly had the stats to be a hall of fame player. Congrats Kyle!