Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

1. What's your least favourite part of vhl

Right now it's the new attribute list.  Probably will be best in the longterm, but right now I'm just kind of lost.

2. Do you like the VHFL

It's a nice opportunity and I've done it in the past, but giving it a miss this season.

3. What are you watching atm?

Bridgerton.  One episode to go.

1.  How good can you skate IRL?

2.  If you could be a pro athlete, what sport would you play (and position if that is appropriate)?

3.  How many languages can you get around with?

16 minutes ago, KC15 said:

1. What's your least favourite part of vhl

Right now it's the new attribute list.  Probably will be best in the longterm, but right now I'm just kind of lost.

2. Do you like the VHFL

It's a nice opportunity and I've done it in the past, but giving it a miss this season.

3. What are you watching atm?

Bridgerton.  One episode to go.

1.  How good can you skate IRL?

2.  If you could be a pro athlete, what sport would you play (and position if that is appropriate)?

3.  How many languages can you get around with?

Answer

1. I am alright, nothing special though!

2. I would love to play LW or RW in the NHL. All the money is in football or baseball, but the passion is with hockey for me.

3. Other than English, I can speak some Spanish. But definitely need to study more before I would be ready to go to a Spanish speaking country, where I would need to know most of the language.

Ask

1. Was it easy or difficult for you to add your new attributes?

2. What is your favorite thing about the VHL?

3. Who is your favorite music artist?

On 4/11/2022 at 9:05 AM, Arce said:

1. Was it easy or difficult for you to add your new attributes?

2. What is your favorite thing about the VHL?

3. Who is your favorite music artist?

1. No. I thought I had a plan, but when it actually came time to add them, I didn't like the way it looked. Part of it had to do with being on a new team where I'm the top forward, so I wanted to favor my scoring attribute more than I otherwise had planned. I planned to mostly build efficiently and not put any of the hybrid attributes above 80, but to get my ratio to somewhere I was satisfied with, I ended up putting Offensive Vision up to 93. It wasn't an easy decision though, because I feel like it's so much wasted TPE. Probably like 50 TPE just to raise Scoring by 2 or something like that. Didn't feel great.

2. I really like the history of the league. I get an actual feeling of nostalgia for it when I'm away for a while, which is crazy to me, but I suppose I did join nearly 13 years ago. Although I'm not as involved as I have been in the past, I do also like the community aspect of it. I'd definitely consider people in the league to be my friends.

3. Motion City Soundtrack

QUESTIONS

1. What is a change you would like to see in the league?

2. What is your first significant memory of the VHL?

3. What video game do you think you've spent the most hours playing in your life?

On 4/13/2022 at 8:50 PM, scoop said:

1. No. I thought I had a plan, but when it actually came time to add them, I didn't like the way it looked. Part of it had to do with being on a new team where I'm the top forward, so I wanted to favor my scoring attribute more than I otherwise had planned. I planned to mostly build efficiently and not put any of the hybrid attributes above 80, but to get my ratio to somewhere I was satisfied with, I ended up putting Offensive Vision up to 93. It wasn't an easy decision though, because I feel like it's so much wasted TPE. Probably like 50 TPE just to raise Scoring by 2 or something like that. Didn't feel great.

2. I really like the history of the league. I get an actual feeling of nostalgia for it when I'm away for a while, which is crazy to me, but I suppose I did join nearly 13 years ago. Although I'm not as involved as I have been in the past, I do also like the community aspect of it. I'd definitely consider people in the league to be my friends.

3. Motion City Soundtrack

QUESTIONS

1. What is a change you would like to see in the league?

2. What is your first significant memory of the VHL?

3. What video game do you think you've spent the most hours playing in your life?

1. Oh man, that’s a tough one, since the league’s going in the right direction. If I had to give one, though, it’d be that for the Fighting attribute on the portal, I wish it’d equal 1 FG, and then I could make my guy a fighter like he was before all this craziness. Same thing for Leadership and Passing. Let’s make arcane builds like those more appealing.

2. I have so many vivid memories from my time as a Miami player back in 74, but I think the biggest thing I remember was looking at my stats at the time and saying in the team LR, “I suck lol” or something like that.
3. Imma say Madden Mobile. Had it since the beginning of 2016 and I still play it regularly, despite my growing disillusionment with the game’s development.

1. Do you think the league is heading in the right direction?

2. What’s your 4th favorite flavor of ice cream?

3. Do you think you play it safe or take more risks than others?

1. Do you think the league is heading in the right direction?

- Really depends what is meant by right direction and in which area. Is league heading towards right direction in terms of the new stats, will see in next couple of seasons.

2. What’s your 4th favorite flavor of ice cream?

- Vanilla

3. Do you think you play it safe or take more risks than others?

- Hard to say. I think my player takes the risks most of the time, but also plays safe, depending on situation.

Questions:
1. Why some of the teams are so lazy on Team Press Conferences?
2. How hard did you find the re-distributing the stats/skills?
3. Would you date someone who makes money on Onlyfans?

23 hours ago, Mr Bohannan said:

1. Why some of the teams are so lazy on Team Press Conferences?

As a former GM who asked press conference questions almost every week for close to 3 years...it really burns you out to be the question-asker. Some weeks I took over an hour to come up with six questions (though I always tried to ask new and interesting things every week rather than recycling things or asking lazy questions). That isn't an excuse, of course--I think a GM should certainly be dedicated enough to their team to do it--but it's much easier to answer every week than ask.

2. How hard did you find the re-distributing the stats/skills?

I'm a goaler, so not at all! I did some BoG work in creating the skills, which took a good minute, but haven't had to use them yet.

3. Would you date someone who makes money on Onlyfans?

No. My Discord name is "Chief of Horny Police", so I certainly couldn't reconcile one of those things with the other.

Real talk, though--someone who was on OnlyFans at some point...sure, whatever, I'm willing to forgive and forget and I like to think I'm open-minded enough to leave those things in the past. Someone who currently makes money there is a bit of a different story in that I think you get out of a relationship what you put in. I would never feel comfortable putting myself out there like that in a relationship because the only person I'd want thinking of me in certain ways is the one I'm in the relationship with, and to purposely make others think of me like that is super disrespectful to my partner. If someone wants to be on OnlyFans, that's 100% their right--I just personally want someone who has the same respect for me that I'd have for them.

1. What's something you wish you knew when you joined the league?

2. Tage Thompson is finally starting to look good! Who's your favorite NHL player, in the context of this season specifically?

3. What's your favorite type of food (Italian, Chinese, etc.)? What specific dish do you love within that type?

ANSWERS

1. What's something you wish you knew when you joined the league?

What ratings worked best, I was a playmaker, at least I had a good second half of my career

2. Tage Thompson is finally starting to look good! Who's your favorite NHL player, in the context of this season specifically?

Gotta go with Josh Norris or Drake Batherson

3. What's your favorite type of food (Italian, Chinese, etc.)? What specific dish do you love within that type?

Mexican for sure, burritoes all day

QUESTIONS

1. If you could give a 10 TPE bonus to a prospect or rookie of your choice.. Who would it be and why?

2. How many goals do you think the top scorer will have with the new attributes? (previous 4 seasons had: 60, 72, 63, 58)

3. What is your favorite way to discover news from around the world or in your area?

Edited by Zack

1. If you could give a 10 TPE bonus to a prospect or rookie of your choice.. Who would it be and why?

I've got to be honest.  I really don't know any players in this category.  I'd want to help a teammate out though, so I'd see who needs help on the Phantoms.

2. How many goals do you think the top scorer will have with the new attributes? (previous 4 seasons had: 60, 72, 63, 58)  Wow, wild guess here, but I'm not thinking it's going to be all that different - maybe 65.

3. What is your favorite way to discover news from around the world or in your area?

Youtube clips from news media and podcasts.

1.  What is your favorite genre of music?

2.  Favorite breed of dog?

3.  Least favorite NHL hockey team?

6 hours ago, KC15 said:

I've got to be honest.  I really don't know any players in this category.  I'd want to help a teammate out though, so I'd see who needs help on the Phantoms.

2. How many goals do you think the top scorer will have with the new attributes? (previous 4 seasons had: 60, 72, 63, 58)  Wow, wild guess here, but I'm not thinking it's going to be all that different - maybe 65.

Youtube clips from news media and podcasts.

1.  What is your favorite genre of music?

2.  Favorite breed of dog?

3.  Least favorite NHL hockey team?

Answer:

1. Emo/Punk Rock from the early 2000’s.

2. Golden retriever or rough collie for sure. 
3. The New York Rangers, fuck them.

Ask:

1. Expectations for your player in S83?

2. Favorite spot to go to relax?

3. First thing you would do if you hit the lottery?

On 4/18/2022 at 1:07 PM, Arce said:

Ask:

1. Expectations for your player in S83?

2. Favorite spot to go to relax?

3. First thing you would do if you hit the lottery?

Answer:

1. I think my player will do pretty good and I hope London can be a dark horse/underdog this season, though the season where LDN dominates is coming

2. My room, I've built it into a true man cave of my dreams for the equipment part, setting not so much.

3. I'm building my dream house and buying a super nice pc, then maybe start an Esports org or hockey team, depends on how much I just won.

Ask:

1. How is VHFL going for you so far and how have you done in the past?

2. Is the VHL better with or without drama, or how much drama is a healthy balance?

3. What's your dream family size including pets and such?

3 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

Ask:

1. How is VHFL going for you so far and how have you done in the past?

2. Is the VHL better with or without drama, or how much drama is a healthy balance?

3. What's your dream family size including pets and such?

1. I like the team I have drafted this season. I definitely think I have the potential to win, but I'm not real fond of the fact that two of my three forwards are not going to get a lot of hits. Looking back, I definitely reached on picking Matty Fire, and a pick like that could cost me. Looking at the teams now that our draft is done, my guess is that I'll be in the top three along with @Berocka and @Gustav but last season I finished last in my group so what do I know.

Since coming back to the VHL like 4 seasons ago, my VHFL performances have not been great, aside from I think one season. There was a time long ago in the early days of the VHFL when I used to be more successful. I'm just not in tune with the best strategy yet. The scoring was a bit different back then as well, and I didn't even pay attention to the updates to the scoring until this season (though I think it might be just a couple seasons new?).

2. Depends on the drama, I guess. Obviously we want some personality, we can't all just be robots. I think someone like Robbie Zimmers who created drama, but in a way that it was hard to take him seriously and doesn't really affect anything, not bad for the league. It's good to have a heel. Drama when it comes to someone like Anderson or anyone creating multi's, not good. Drama around cheating = bad.

3. A wife, two kids, and a couple cats. Or maybe a cat and a dog. I grew up in a family with six children, and I'd say I'd definitely want no more than three. As for the pets, we were more of a cat family, so cats are what I'm used to. I like dogs as well, and cats and dogs together are extra adorable.

QUESTIONS

1. What is a bold prediction you have for the upcoming season?

2. If the VHL cleared all the rosters and held a draft to re-assign all the players, who would you draft with the first overall pick if you were in charge of one of the teams? Players retain their current career age.

3. What is your breakfast of choice?

44 minutes ago, scoop said:

Looking at the teams now that our draft is done, my guess is that I'll be in the top three along with @Berocka and @Gustav but last season I finished last in my group so what do I know.

I will be dead last fantasy is my weak point

QUESTIONS

1. What is a bold prediction you have for the upcoming season?

Anze Miklavz wins the most outstanding player award. I say this because of two things. 1. Anze Miklavz is my player, and 2. Anze Miklavz is currently leading the lead in Points Per Game. Now that I've pointed it out, it will probably be all downhill from here.

2. If the VHL cleared all the rosters and held a draft to re-assign all the players, who would you draft with the first overall pick if you were in charge of one of the teams? Players retain their current career age.

Saku Kotkakoivu - a highly earned TPE player that hasn't even hit depreciation yet. Also the league leader in points as it stands now. Great player to build around. 

3. What is your breakfast of choice?

It's on my bucket list to have a traditional english fry-up from somewhere in England. The breakfast gets chirped big time in memes but honestly everything about it looks amazing to me. I try and cook it myself every now and again but I just feel like having it from an actual restaurant would make it significantly better.

-------------------------------

1. If you were to choose another sim engine to use for the VHL, what do you think would be the best one?

2. What, in your opinion, is the best acting performance you've seen in a movie? (you can't say Heath Ledger's Joker)

3. What's a sport that's not popular but you've always wanted to try playing?

On 4/22/2022 at 12:13 AM, kelvi said:

1. If you were to choose another sim engine to use for the VHL, what do you think would be the best one?

2. What, in your opinion, is the best acting performance you've seen in a movie? (you can't say Heath Ledger's Joker)

3. What's a sport that's not popular but you've always wanted to try playing?

1. I don't know really, it's something I actually searched up but every engines have their issues and I feel like we might have found a good balance with the new attributes.

2. Maybe Tom Hanks as Forest Gump

3. I'd say ultimate Frisbee, we used to play that when I was in high school and that was pretty fun actually.

Questions:

1. Two NHL legends passed out this week, where would you rank them among the NHL greatest players?

2. What is the best way to start a day?

3. What is your favorite board game?

11 minutes ago, Dom said:

1. I don't know really, it's something I actually searched up but every engines have their issues and I feel like we might have found a good balance with the new attributes.

2. Maybe Tom Hanks as Forest Gump

3. I'd say ultimate Frisbee, we used to play that when I was in high school and that was pretty fun actually.

Questions:

1. Two NHL legends passed out this week, where would you rank them among the NHL greatest players?

2. What is the best way to start a day?

3. What is your favorite board game?

1. For one, I had no idea that two legends died. Second off, I don’t have enough knowledge to properly rank anybody. I think Gretzky GOAT tho?

2. Imma go with a real controversial answer and say that waking up generally helps.

3. Personally, I love Monopoly. Great way to absolutely waste a day in a fun way.

1. What was your least favorite part about growing up?

2. Do you think anyone will find a “new meta” in the current way ratings are set up?

3. Do you like mainstream, alternative, or classical music more?

4 hours ago, NSG said:

1. For one, I had no idea that two legends died. Second off, I don’t have enough knowledge to properly rank anybody. I think Gretzky GOAT tho?

2. Imma go with a real controversial answer and say that waking up generally helps.

3. Personally, I love Monopoly. Great way to absolutely waste a day in a fun way.

1. What was your least favorite part about growing up?

2. Do you think anyone will find a “new meta” in the current way ratings are set up?

3. Do you like mainstream, alternative, or classical music more?

1. For myself, transitioning to adulthood and actually growing up would be needing to cook / plan out every single days meals. I love cooking for someone else or other people, but I'm lazy when it's just me.

2. I think defensemen meta will be exposed pretty quickly, probably within the first 2 seasons. I'm already seeing some stand out builds that use TPE more efficiently than others, and perform exceptionally well.

3. Probably mainstream, although I'm not really a top 40 person

1. Is the season going how you predicted?

2. If you plan to re-create a player in the future, what position would you choose?

3. Do you have any pets? If so, what type?

1. Is the season going how you predicted?

Not at all.  I didn't expect to see the Phantoms start tied for 5th place in their Conference, but with 3 OTLs, it easily have been a better start.

2. If you plan to re-create a player in the future, what position would you choose?

Not sure I am at this point, but I said that before creating this current player.  Probably D if I do.

3. Do you have any pets? If so, what type?

Yes, I have a coonhound mix dog.

1.  What's the one area you would most like your player to improve upon?

2.  What do you think your chances are for making the playoffs this season?

3.  Did you follow the recent French presidential elections at all (concluded just yesterday, 4/24)?

1 hour ago, KC15 said:

1.  What's the one area you would most like your player to improve upon?

2.  What do you think your chances are for making the playoffs this season?

3.  Did you follow the recent French presidential elections at all (concluded just yesterday, 4/24)?

1.Overall my player is pretty solid currently, would just like to get some more shutouts.

2.Very high for London, just have to see where we'll qualify.

3.I did not but I'm intrigued to see who won because I lived as an exchange student there for a month (thanks covid) and my family didn't have to high of regards for their old one but said he was alright, if I'm on the mark.

1. Rank the leagues in the VHL by how much attention you pay to them, what's your order?

2. Do you think trivia is challenging or to challenging?

3. Do you think that there should be more "role-play" for the league?

12 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

1. Rank the leagues in the VHL by how much attention you pay to them, what's your order?

2. Do you think trivia is challenging or to challenging?

3. Do you think that there should be more "role-play" for the league?

1. The league my player is currently in, then the other two. I only look at my own player/team that is all.

2. Trivia is fine, There was a glitch with the portal HoF for one of my questions but apart from that it has been fine

3. Nahh I think there is enough, if people want to they can, if they don't want to they don't have to

Q1. Why did you not join Super Coach for S83 (if you did thanks)

Q2. What is your favourite VHL podcast, if you don't listen to them why don't you listen

Q3. Would you rather see a VHL Asia, VHL Africa or a VHL Oceania as the next league and Why?

On 4/25/2022 at 11:54 PM, Berocka said:

Q1. Why did you not join Super Coach for S83 (if you did thanks)

Q2. What is your favourite VHL podcast, if you don't listen to them why don't you listen

Q3. Would you rather see a VHL Asia, VHL Africa or a VHL Oceania as the next league and Why?

1. I would have joined but have no idea what your talking about or that it was available, why didn't you tell me? lol. 

2. My favorite is mubblefubbles because I only listened once and it was good and I dont know any others, sry. 

3. VHL Africa because that's a large continent and would have some interesting teams and lots of exotic animals to use as logos and team names. 

1. How are you liking the new attribute system? 

2. How is your player doing so far in the new system? 

3. If you could move to any city in the world where would it be and why? 

On 4/27/2022 at 12:12 PM, Girts said:

1. How are you liking the new attribute system? 

2. How is your player doing so far in the new system? 

3. If you could move to any city in the world where would it be and why? 

1. I think it does what it was intended to do and I like it so far

2. Well, my player is a rookie so I don't expect much but he's doing ok.

3.  Probably london, I just like that city for some reason, it has a charm that no other city have

Questions:

1. Which NHL team will win the cup in your opinion?

2. Which one will disappoint?

3. It's summer soon, do you have anything fun planned this summer?

4 hours ago, Dom said:

1. Which NHL team will win the cup in your opinion?

I have absolutely no idea. I heard the Avs were really good this year, so let's go with them.

4 hours ago, Dom said:

2. Which one will disappoint?

Probably also the Avs. They were my team back when I was in a playoff pool once and got knocked out right away.

4 hours ago, Dom said:

3. It's summer soon, do you have anything fun planned this summer?

I have a lot that's exciting. I'm going to be moving to a new place, going to get myself some hobbies, and hopefully get myself some new friends! Aside from that, not really...I wish I did though. Maybe I'll pay a visit to friends of mine who either are or are going to be living in new places themselves.

1. What's your best VHL memory?

2. What's something that you're working at in your own life? How is it coming along?

3. What's your favorite song in a style that you don't usually like?

On 5/1/2022 at 11:19 PM, Gustav said:

1. What's your best VHL memory?

2. What's something that you're working at in your own life? How is it coming along?

3. What's your favorite song in a style that you don't usually like?

1. When I first joined the league I remember what I was doing in the moment and how everything was setup, being invited to the Reapers as my first team and my first invitation.

2. Working at becoming a pro hockey player, so far my skill is there and I'm advancing along playing levels nicely, but my size isn't there.

3. I like Rainbow, Butterflies (both by the same person I forget who), then also 3 wooden crosses which are all against what I usually listen to.

1. Any first playoff night games that surprised you?

2. Is Toronto going to go all the way to win the Stanley cup?

3. Do you watch/play hockey's favorite offseason sport, golf?

1. Any first playoff night games that surprised you?

Totally not following the playoffs.

2. Is Toronto going to go all the way to win the Stanley cup?

No, I always say no to the Leafs.

3. Do you watch/play hockey's favorite offseason sport, golf?

I used to play.  Haven't for a long time.

1.  Have you ever fly fished - another hockey offseason sport (fishing anyway)?

2.  Who is the best player you have seen live in a game?

3.  Cake or pie?

7 hours ago, KC15 said:

1.  Have you ever fly fished - another hockey offseason sport (fishing anyway)?

2.  Who is the best player you have seen live in a game?

3.  Cake or pie?

1. Yes I actually love fly fishing and go as much as possible, great that you asked this question! 

2. I've seen McDavid so I'd have to say him, was incredibly fast.

3. Tough one, but I'll go with Cake. 

1. What's your favorite sport besides hockey and why? 

2. How would you feel if your player was a sniper and went 30 games without scoring? 

3. What's a cooler hockey peripheral stat, hits or blocks and why?