Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

1.  Do you have a favorite president - of the U.S. or anywhere else?  Why? Lincoln, paved the way for important change and made arguably the biggest impact out of the U.S. presidents.
2.  What is the hardest part of hockey? Probably goalie, so many high end players taking fast, hard shots at you throughout a game. 

3.  Will the Devils make the playoffs by 2025? I think so, they have a solid young core up front with Hischier, Jack Hughes, Bratt, and others. Then on the back end Luke Hughes soon as well as Nemec. Blackwood can be good as long as he stays healthy. 

1. What NHL team is in the best position going into FA?

2. What NHL team has the strongest prospect pool?

3. Who is winning the race for VHL rookie of the year, in your opinion? 

4 hours ago, JB123 said:

1. What NHL team is in the best position going into FA?

2. What NHL team has the strongest prospect pool?

3. Who is winning the race for VHL rookie of the year, in your opinion?

1. I actually did’t pay attention to free agency as my team is in rebuild and I was mainly focused on the draft.

2. Probably LA but Montreal is getting there ;)

3. I’ts still early but Callum Murray surelh looks good.

questions:

1. Who was your #1 pick for the NHL draft?

2. What is the worse penalty to get?

3. do you think the VHL referees are corrupted?

3 hours ago, Dom said:

1. Who was your #1 pick for the NHL draft?

2. What is the worse penalty to get?

3. do you think the VHL referees are corrupted?

1. 2005 was definitely Sidney Crosby, I don't follow the NHL enough to know prospects

2. Too many men because it's an easily avoidable penalty

3. Yes they get paid per whistle blow so call more penalties to get bigger pay checks

Q1) What are you thoughts on skipping the vhlm or vhle?

Q2) Who should become the new NYA GM

Q3) You get to mute a member for a week who is it? Or you can give 5 members 10 TPE not on your team who do you pick

Q1) What are you thoughts on skipping the vhlm or vhle?

Pretty hard to skip both (lol), but I'm for getting to the big show as quickly as possible if there is a spot for me on the team.  Definitely would look to skip the E.

Q2) Who should become the new NYA GM

Anyone but me.  lol

Q3) You get to mute a member for a week who is it? Or you can give 5 members 10 TPE not on your team who do you pick

I'd mute myself.  I don't talk that much anyway and I'd hate to cut anyone else out.

1.  Ever done a dog DNA test on your pooch?  (Never thought I'd do something so silly based on cost, but needed any insight on behavior issues we could get.)
2.  How good is Lake Hughes going to be for New Jersey and how long will he play as a Devil?

3.  Most thrilling moment in hockey fandom?

9 hours ago, KC15 said:

.  Ever done a dog DNA test on your pooch?  (Never thought I'd do something so silly based on cost, but needed any insight on behavior issues we could get.)

Yes and no. I actually have a couple rescue greyhounds who are former racing dogs. The track will stay on top of who comes from who, so we know that at least (my first two dogs were actually distantly related despite being a few years apart). I suppose that doesn’t help much with your question, but it is a fun fact. Perhaps a vet would be able to recommend for or against it. 

9 hours ago, KC15 said:

2.  How good is Lake Hughes going to be for New Jersey and how long will he play as a Devil?

You know, I’ve heard good things, but I admittedly don’t know much about prospects and who’s who in the last few seasons. I’m going to say without knowing for sure (or at all) that he’s going to be good but not great and he’ll stick around for at least half of his career. 

9 hours ago, KC15 said:

3.  Most thrilling moment in hockey fandom?

In mine or in general? I guess I’ll go with mine because I’m not educated enough to know about overall. One of the great moments in Sabres history came in 2006, when Jason Pominville won a series shorthanded in overtime against Ottawa. It’s famous for Rick Jeanneret’s “scary good” call, one of many great ones. 

1. What do you do sports-wise in the NHL offseason? Do you follow baseball? Another sport? All in on NHL?

2. What are your thoughts on your team’s performance so far this season?

3. What’s an artist that you don’t necessarily like, but do respect, and why?

On 7/11/2022 at 4:07 PM, Gustav said:

1. What do you do sports-wise in the NHL offseason? Do you follow baseball? Another sport? All in on NHL?
Well I don't follow the NHL closely, but I love the Dallas Stars, but not as much as my Dallas Cowboys. I just like to remember when my Cowboys were good, but that was before I was born....

2. What are your thoughts on your team’s performance so far this season?

We need to do better, but were experimenting right now and figuring out what works for us as a team. I also need to be better in net, but I am working to get better in the net. 

3. What’s an artist that you don’t necessarily like, but do respect, and why?
BTS as I just don't like the music personally, but I respect their ability to make music and have such a big fan base as that takes skill no matter what music you make. Plus when you get a mcdonalds meal you know you've made it haha

1. Is VHL your main league or do you just enjoy all sim leagues? 

2. Have you ever won a cup In the VHL If not why? 

3. What is your go to meal when you can't decide what to eat for the day? 

1. VHL but I've been on SBA more and more

2. Yeah with Riga in the early 70s, 2 in a row with Ottawa not that long ago

3. Frozen dinner

Questions

1. What kind of vehicle do you own?

2. Which player on your team takes up the most room on the bench, bus and locker room? Why??

3. If you could add or remove a colour from any logo.. What would it be and why

Edited by Frozen Block

On 7/14/2022 at 3:37 AM, Frozen Block said:

1. VHL but I've been on SBA more and more

2. Yeah with Riga in the early 70s, 2 in a row with Ottawa not that long ago

3. Frozen dinner

Questions

1. What kind of vehicle do you own?

2. Which player on your team takes up the most room on the bench, bus and locker room? Why??

3. If you could add or remove a colour from any logo.. What would it be and why

1. A sick brand new teal bicycle baby. I can't get my license for a few months because the government is trying to fuck on me so I'm gonna be biking for a while.

2. I think it has to be my player Hulk Hogan 2. He's 6'8 and 250 lbs. If anyone is taking up more room than him I'd be concerned.

3. I would definitely add some grey in the text of the Chicago Phoenix. Every other logo, including the red VHL logo, has grey on the bottom half of the text. Chicago doesn't have this and I think it would fit the league better.

1. What's your players favourite movie?
2. How about their favourite song?

3. How do you feel about not having to retire after 8 seasons, but instead having depreciation hit harder and harder past the 8th season.

On 7/15/2022 at 2:54 PM, Hogan said:

1. What's your players favourite movie?
2. How about their favourite song?

3. How do you feel about not having to retire after 8 seasons, but instead having depreciation hit harder and harder past the 8th season.

1. My player's favourite movie would probably have to be the movie Cool Runnings. A chill, laid-back yet inspiring sports story based on the actual Jamaican Bobsled Team. Whenever Sigard wants to relax, he just inserts the DVD on his DVD player and watches it for fun.

2. Sigard Petrenko's favourite song would probably have to be Kickstart My Heart. He always drives down the highway to it and listens to it before they head on the ice. It gets his blood pumping, heart racing, and it helps him get into "game mode".

3. As fun as that would be, I think you'd still have to put a cap otherwise it'd just get ridiculous. Like maybe 10 at max. It would be interesting to see how good those "overage" players would be and how people would try to fight the harder and harder deprecation.

1. What do you think makes a great hockey team name?

2. Not including hockey, what would you say is your choice for the most underrated sport?

3. Tell me your player's superstitions; if they have any.

22 hours ago, SlapshotDragon said:

1. What do you think makes a great hockey team name?

2. Not including hockey, what would you say is your choice for the most underrated sport?

3. Tell me your player's superstitions; if they have any.

The second word of the name which is usually a mascot is what I think is the most important part in the make or break of the team name

I tend to enjoy some pickleball

No superstitions just have the mindset of you're the best before every game, kind of like the lightning mcqueen thing that he does before a race.

1. 10 seasons from now who do you think is winning the vhl championship?

2. Do you pay much attention to NHL all star events?

3. What kind of posts in the VHL are your favorite, calling for resignations, roleplaying, etc?

1. 10 seasons from now who do you think is winning the vhl championship?
The Calgary Wranglers, of course!

2. Do you pay much attention to NHL all star events?

None whatsoever.

3. What kind of posts in the VHL are your favorite, calling for resignations, roleplaying, etc?

Probably role playing ones that give an insight into the fictional person behind the player.

1.  Who is your NHL favorite goalie of all time?

2.  Would you ever support a change where fewer NHL teams go to the playoffs?

3.  What is your favorite thing about the game of hockey?

On 7/18/2022 at 10:51 AM, KC15 said:

1.  Who is your NHL favorite goalie of all time?

Hasek! Never got to see him play, but I think I'm obligated to go with him.

2.  Would you ever support a change where fewer NHL teams go to the playoffs?

Not until the Sabres can make it as is Honestly, I don't care one way or another. I really appreciate that the current format makes everyone play the same amount of rounds (not a huge fan of "bye weeks", especially for hockey when a series will take a while). So any change to lower the number that make it in would have to come with that still in place.

3.  What is your favorite thing about the game of hockey?

It's different from other sports I follow because what you're doing at any given moment all depends on where the puck is. In baseball and football, you have a specific job to do and a specific place to be--but for hockey you generally have to decide for yourself what that is.

1. With the VHL turning 15 this week, how long have you been in it? Do you consider yourself an experienced member?

2. What's your first VHL memory?

3. I don't know about you, but where I am it's summer and it's hot! What do you do on days like these?

16 minutes ago, Gustav said:

1. With the VHL turning 15 this week, how long have you been in it? Do you consider yourself an experienced member?

I have been in it for... 68 seasons?  Started by joining with my first gen mid-season 16.  Took a few breaks here and there (40's-60's mostly).  I would consider myself experienced (giggity), but not at STHS.

17 minutes ago, Gustav said:

2. What's your first VHL memory?

Grading parties with @Phil and @JardyB10 because they know.  They know.

18 minutes ago, Gustav said:

3. I don't know about you, but where I am it's summer and it's hot! What do you do on days like these?

When I get home I like to sit on the fratio and read for a bit, mix a heavy cocktail and decompress.

3 Questions

1) What has been the best book you've ever read?

2) If there is a job in the VHL that you think the league currently needs, what is it?  You can't apply for it.

3) Bert and Ernie each put out two hands balled into fists in front of them, indicating that they each want to give you one of two items they currently possess.  Which of the four hands do you pick?

3 Answers

1) What has been the best book you've ever read?

It probably would have to be this book about kids in a zombie apocalypse in the UK It should be by charlie Higson I believe really great book.

2) If there is a job in the VHL that you think the league currently needs, what is it?  You can't apply for it.

I would say maybe a rookie mentor as guys who do come new into the league can sometimes be lost and confused

3) Bert and Ernie each put out two hands balled into fists in front of them, indicating that they each want to give you one of two items they currently possess.  Which of the four hands do you pick?
I'll pick Berts left hand and Ernies right hand

3 Questions
1. What Is your favorite Sport?

2. What Is your favorite place to eat? (could be fast food or a sit down restauraunt)

3. Is the VHL your main league and If not what is your main sim league?

On 7/20/2022 at 1:26 PM, dustywilson22 said:

1. What Is your favorite Sport?

Gnomeball, laser tag and hacky sack.. Hockey and Basketball because they are the most exciting xD

2. What Is your favorite place to eat? (could be fast food or a sit down restauraunt)

Taco Bell for takeout and Luna for sitdown, never really go to restaurants though

3. Is the VHL your main league and If not what is your main sim league?

We are all part of a giant sim league so that's where every soul resides, the VHL is just a dreamland we visit whenever dinner is done and the clouds clear but it's only active on Thursday. Yes lol

Answers ^^^

Questions ☆☆☆

1. If you could change any of the paint on your arenas ice.. What colors would you use? What would you add or takeaway??

2. What's something your team does to bond and bring everybody closer?

3. How did your family react when you "made it" as a hockey player? What do they do now to support you all season??

Edited by Frozen Block

On 7/22/2022 at 7:53 AM, Frozen Block said:

Answers ^^^

Questions ☆☆☆

1. If you could change any of the paint on your arenas ice.. What colors would you use? What would you add or takeaway??

2. What's something your team does to bond and bring everybody closer?

3. How did your family react when you "made it" as a hockey player? What do they do now to support you all season??

1. I would change all of the red elements on the ice (faceoff circles, goal line, etc.) and turn it into Seattle Bears maroon/burgundy just because I think it would look cool. Oh, and that includes goal posts even though they aren't part of the ice. I just think it would be a nice little feature. I would also add a claw print pattern to the center ice line.

2. Something our team does to bond is pranks. Seattle has always been a fun team and we always find new and weirder ways to prank each other. For example, one of my favourite pranks that always seem to work is Siran wrap in doorways. You'd think people would learn by now but no.

3. They were so excited and happy. We have all been big hockey fans and I always dreamed of becoming a pro. They moved to Seattle with me as soon as I put ink to paper and they cheer me on. They all have season tickets and they carpool with me to the arena. Lots of fun having them around.

Questions:

1. If each VHL team had a VHLE affiliate like NHL teams have an AHL affiliate, which pair of existing VHL/VHLE teams would make the most sense?

2. If for some inexplicable reason, the Victory Hockey League had a league mascot, what would it be? Why?

3. Tell me your favourite jersey number to wear and tell me a number that you would avoid wearing at all costs. Give me reasons for both! You can answer as a member or a player.

(Claiming for Week Ending July 30th)

Edited by SlapshotDragon

23 hours ago, SlapshotDragon said:

1. If each VHL team had a VHLE affiliate like NHL teams have an AHL affiliate, which pair of existing VHL/VHLE teams would make the most sense?

2. If for some inexplicable reason, the Victory Hockey League had a league mascot, what would it be? Why?

3. Tell me your favourite jersey number to wear and tell me a number that you would avoid wearing at all costs. Give me reasons for both! You can answer as a member or a player.

Well as the GM of Geneva I should probably have a good opinion on this, however, my European geography is very poor and so I don't know what franchise is closest to me. Davos

I feel like clippy or whatever the paper clip thing from myspace could somehow make a comeback.

I like to wear 13 because that's just been my favorite number for no real reason other than people think it's bad luck and I like going against the stereotype, I would avoid the numbers in the 90's because it just seems super tryhard in hockey.

Questions:

1. What youtubers should the vhl try to advertise with?

2. What did you think of this season's theme week?

3. Have you ever played Town of Salem? If not why?

Questions Answered:

1. What youtubers should the vhl try to advertise with?

Most of the NHL Let`s play Youtubers have at least been advertised with as far as I am aware since the ones I watched is how I found this league but what the league is someone to actually be an active member while doing Youtube to show so of the in/out of the league from joining to actually earning TPE. Maybe a weekly run down on what they did to earn TPE while also acting like a VSN boardcast; but hey what do I know!!

2. What did you think of this season's theme week?

Amazing to think that the league has actually turned 15 this week. I actually remember where and what I was doing when the league was created but I was never interested in Sim leagues until I found this league in S74 as mentioned from Youtube. I also liked the fact that it was left very much open so that we are seeing many different aspect to the theme week.

3. Have you ever played Town of Salem? If not why?

Nope, Since I am a old person that doesn`t understand the rules of how to play so someone would need to hold my hand if I was going to play so that I can learn.

New Questions:

1. If you were going to create a Youtube channel what would you create and why?

2. Are you following the current free agency period in the NHL? What has been the biggest surprise so far of the off season?

3. If you traveled to the moon, what one item would you have to take with you and why?

Answer:

1. I would probably do a recipe channel. I’ve learned so much cooking wise. Taking already great recipes and adding my own twist to make them even better.

2. I unfortunately have. By far the biggest surprise was Johnny Gaudreau signing with the Blue Jackets. 

3. Would have to be my cell phone or camera just to get a selfie with the moon in the background.

Ask:

1. If you had to do a podcast with one other league member, who would it be and why?

2. if you could live in another time era, which would it be?

3. If you had the resources, what is one thing you would invent that isn’t already here?

Answer:

1. If you had to do a podcast with one other league member, who would it be and why?

I was did a podcast with Dok and Spyro. Maybe reunion podcast with them be cool. 

2. if you could live in another time era, which would it be?

80s or 90s when money could do more 

3. If you had the resources, what is one thing you would invent that isn’t already here?

instant teleportation travel 

ASK: 

1. What is one food you love , that most people dislike? 

2. Would you rather dinosaurs exist with us right now or the earths oceans rise to crazy levels ?

3. You get to add a vhl city and team name.  What you going with ? 

3 hours ago, Jubis said:

1. What is one food you love , that most people dislike?

I wouldn't say "most people", but I am a HUGE fan of onions in many different contexts and I know a few people who hate them. It's a great additive for flavor and texture if you do it right.

3 hours ago, Jubis said:

2. Would you rather dinosaurs exist with us right now or the earths oceans rise to crazy levels ?

Dinosaurs. Wildlife can be managed and it really isn't how it's portrayed in Jurassic Park. There's so much we'd have to do to compensate for a huge rise in sea level, though.

3 hours ago, Jubis said:

3. You get to add a vhl city and team name.  What you going with ?

Maybe something Wild West--I'll go with Dodge City Outlaws.

1. Your current GM steps down. Who would you like as their replacement?

2. What's your useless talent?

3. You can make any one bad-for-you food healthy with absolutely no changes to taste. What do you choose?

1. Your current GM steps down. Who would you like as their replacement?

- me! I’d love to be a GM of Moscow or New York, both teams have my loyalty from experience. Although I’d never want Spartan to step down, he feels like the soul of Moscow, and has cultivated an amazing locker room culture that I’m extremely fortunate to be apart of.

2. What's your useless talent?

- a stupid amount of flexibility in my shoulders, ankles, and hands

3. You can make any one bad-for-you food healthy with absolutely no changes to taste. What do you choose?

- in-n-out burgers, or burgers in general. 

1. As we inch closer to the playoffs, who do you think will end up winning the continental cup this season? Was it who you predicted?

2. What is or was your favourite subject in school, and why?

3. Do you have any near-death experiences?

1 Do not have fav president.

2 Being a goalie in real life the hardest part about playing goalie is that u have to have very good reaction time.

3 Being a Blue Jackets fan I kinda hope New Jersey doesn’t make the playoffs any time, but the future is looking bright for there franchise so anything is possible.

My questions

1 What is your favorite part about this game?

2 Who is your favorite nhl team?

3 What is your favorite sport?

Edited by Ian Ertmann

On 7/30/2022 at 9:43 AM, Ian Ertmann said:

1 What is your favorite part about this game?

Checking my player stats and following how my team is doing. 

2 Who is your favorite nhl team?

LA Kings

3 What is your favorite sport?

Hockey! It's the best sport, obviously. 

1. How is your player doing so far this season?

2. Are you planning on watching the IIHF World Juniors?

3. Do anything fun this summer? 

1 hour ago, Girts said:

Checking my player stats and following how my team is doing. 

LA Kings

Hockey! It's the best sport, obviously. 

1. How is your player doing so far this season?

2. Are you planning on watching the IIHF World Juniors?

3. Do anything fun this summer? 

1. My player is doing okay. Happy with the goal totals but Sigard either sucks offensive or sucks defensively. Heck, he sucks at both some games.

2. I typically don't watch the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup because I mostly watch baseball in the NHL off-season. Go Jays go! But I do watch the ones in the winter.

3. I went on a USA road trip and got to see Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, canyons in Arizona, the arches in Utah, and more! Lots of fun!

1. Would you rather hockey have sponsors on jerseys like in Europe or center ice being replaced with a sponsor logo?

2. What is your favourite hockey moment that you witnessed live (in person or on TV)? Not limited to the NHL so other leagues or international games count too!

3. If you could award an NHL team to a city, which city would you award it to?