Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

On 4/11/2022 at 8:43 AM, KC15 said:

1. What's your least favourite part of vhl

Right now it's the new attribute list.  Probably will be best in the longterm, but right now I'm just kind of lost.

2. Do you like the VHFL

It's a nice opportunity and I've done it in the past, but giving it a miss this season.

3. What are you watching atm?

Bridgerton.  One episode to go.

1.  How good can you skate IRL?

2.  If you could be a pro athlete, what sport would you play (and position if that is appropriate)?

3.  How many languages can you get around with?

1. I can’t lol. 
2. If I was good, I’d be a shortstop in baseball cause they’re just so cool.

3. I can say a few things in German, and obviously I know English. Nothing else though.

1. Have you ever pulled an all-nighter(s), and did you enjoy it?

2. What’s your least favorite sport and why?

3. If you got to choose what type of hair you’d have (curly, straight, etc.), what would it be or why? Can include color if ya want.

1 hour ago, NSG said:

1. Have you ever pulled an all-nighter(s), and did you enjoy it?

2. What’s your least favorite sport and why?

3. If you got to choose what type of hair you’d have (curly, straight, etc.), what would it be or why? Can include color if ya want.

1. a few times yes and I did enjoy it but the day after is just a wasted day.

2. Golf, I just find it pretty boring.

3. I don't really mind to be honnest, if its curly, I live with it, if its straght fine too.

Questions:

1. What is the best NHL playoffs matchup right now?

2. Would you prefer to live on the shore of the ocean, a big lake, a small lake or not living around water?

3. what is your next goal in the VHL?

21 minutes ago, Dom said:

Leafs-Lightning. A tied series with amazing meme potential either way. I'm obligated to hate the Leafs, though.

22 minutes ago, Dom said:

2. Would you prefer to live on the shore of the ocean, a big lake, a small lake or not living around water?

As a member of big lake gang, I'm in big lake gang. I'd say ocean, but I feel like living there all the time would take away from how special it feels from the outside.

23 minutes ago, Dom said:

Definitely a cup. I've never won one and I'd love to at some point!

1. What's the last real-life goal you achieved? Why should I be proud of you for it?

2. What's the funniest joke you know?

3. What would you give up for the rest of your life if you had to pick one--using the Internet, or going anywhere on any sort of automobile (car, bus, train, etc.)?

On 5/9/2022 at 12:47 AM, Dom said:

1. a few times yes and I did enjoy it but the day after is just a wasted day.

2. Golf, I just find it pretty boring.

3. I don't really mind to be honnest, if its curly, I live with it, if its straght fine too.

Questions:

1. Haven't watched a lot of games so far, did watch the Avs finish the sweep against Nashville last night though. Makar is so damn good

2. The ocean 100%. When I visited BC this past summer it was so amazing waking up to sunrises by the water, mountains surrounding.

3. My next goal in the VHL is to win any award. My player has played two seasons in the M and this is his 4th in the VHL, still no awards.

Questions:

1. If you had the chance to meet any person in the whole world who would it be?

2. Are you a chocolate or candy person? What chocolate/candy is your favourite?

3. If you won the lottery what would you spend the money on?

1. If you had the chance to meet any person in the whole world who would it be?

Many choices, but off the top of my head - Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull.

2. Are you a chocolate or candy person? What chocolate/candy is your favourite?

Not really, but if I'm to pick, something like a Jolly Rancher.

3. If you won the lottery what would you spend the money on?

A house in France.

1.  Favorite instrument that plays in an orchestra?

2.  Gretzky or Howe and why?

3.  Favorite team from yesteryear no longer in the NHL?

3 hours ago, KC15 said:

1.  Favorite instrument that plays in an orchestra?

2.  Gretzky or Howe and why?

3.  Favorite team from yesteryear no longer in the NHL?

My definition of an orchestra isn't very defined but trumpet? or violin.

Gretzky, I just simply don't know much about howe and think Gretzky is a cool guy.

I think the Kansas City chiefs or the Seattle Metropolitans were cool teams.

1. Would you rather have a week's worth of homework or a 1000 word essay.

2. What player or team seems to be outperforming expectations in the playoffs 

3. Would you rather have one outstanding season in the VHL and an average career but be inducted into the HOF or have an outstanding career and not be inducted into the HOF?

11 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

1. Would you rather have a week's worth of homework or a 1000 word essay.

2. What player or team seems to be outperforming expectations in the playoffs 

3. Would you rather have one outstanding season in the VHL and an average career but be inducted into the HOF or have an outstanding career and not be inducted into the HOF?

1. I would go with 1000 word essay. But I'm a very essay-everse person. Literally chose classes in university that didn't have essay's built into the coursework. I'd rather take exams 10/10 times than right a 10 page essay.

2. Dallas is proving to be stronger than I expected. I thought it would be Calgary in 6, but being up 3-1 in the series first.

3. I'd have to go with HOF. It's exceptionally hard to get into the HOF, can't pass on that one!

1. Is your player outperforming or underperforming your expectations before this season in the VHL / VHLE / VHLM?

2. What VHL team do you think has the best logo?

3. What is your favorite dessert?

32 minutes ago, Brandon said:

1. Is your player outperforming or underperforming your expectations before this season in the VHL / VHLE / VHLM?

Huge outperform. It's not a stretch to say that Vandelay is the VHLM's best goaltender right now.

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

2. What VHL team do you think has the best logo?

Probably Moscow, but I think it could be better.

OPOskc3.png

34 minutes ago, Brandon said:

A good--and I will reiterate good, not bad--cheesecake. Made well, it's magical.

1. What's your favorite "type" of food by region (ex. Italian, Indian, Ethiopian)?

2. What is/was your least favorite class in school and why?

3. What advice would you give to someone who is anxious about giving presentations?

On 5/12/2022 at 2:39 PM, Gustav said:

Huge outperform. It's not a stretch to say that Vandelay is the VHLM's best goaltender right now.

Probably Moscow, but I think it could be better.

OPOskc3.png

A good--and I will reiterate good, not bad--cheesecake. Made well, it's magical.

1. What's your favorite "type" of food by region (ex. Italian, Indian, Ethiopian)?

2. What is/was your least favorite class in school and why?

3. What advice would you give to someone who is anxious about giving presentations?

1. Probably Chinese. It's really what I've had the most of and this was hard to think of an answer for. Indian isn't bad but I haven't had much other than a few Indian dishes.

2. Anything french. It's a combo of having bad teachers and just not enjoying the class. I dropped out of french last year and took core french so I could officially get qualified as french speaking.

3. I know this is weird but just do it. Don't overthink what could happen. I found I used to get really nervous but when I just started going up and doing them it worked. This advice is obviously not great for everyone but what helped me was just doing them without trying to avoid it.

1. What are some of your favourite unknown artists?

2. If you could master one talent what would it be?

3. What's your favourite way to earn tpe?

On 5/15/2022 at 6:46 AM, Hogan said:

1. What are some of your favourite unknown artists?

2. If you could master one talent what would it be?

3. What's your favourite way to earn tpe?

1. Ball Park Music, Lime Cordiale & Noah Dillon

2. Being able to draw/paint

3. Podcasts, especially with people it is the least brain intensive way of earning

1. What is your favourite sport from Wii Sports

2. Would you rather clean the house or do the gardening

3. Who will be 1st overall pick in the next VHL draft

1. What is your favourite sport from Wii Sports

Haven't played in forever.  Tennis is one though, right?

2. Would you rather clean the house or do the gardening

Gardening by a country mile.

3. Who will be 1st overall pick in the next VHL draft

Haven't the slightest clue.

1.  Elvis or The Beatles?

2.  American Football or European Football?

3.  What is your favorite way to eat eggs?

52 minutes ago, KC15 said:

1.  Elvis or The Beatles?

2.  American Football or European Football?

3.  What is your favorite way to eat eggs?

Haven't really listened to either one but Imma go with the American and say Elvis.

Not sure if we're comparing like the nfl to soccer and that kinda thing or our mls and the euro league, either way America>>>

Scrambled is the only way to eat them, otherwise depending on the dish some syrup or gravy with them isn't too bad.

What would your ideal video game be?

Since there's no theme week, what's an idea you have for a possible theme in the future?

Do you watch Stranger things?

11 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

What would your ideal video game be?

Since there's no theme week, what's an idea you have for a possible theme in the future?

Do you watch Stranger things?

Batman open world game again with new updated graphics

Give it a go week. Complete all three vhl.com tasks, everyone does a small article, graphic and podcast. Let everyone get a taste for it all.

Not since season 2

1. With the introduction of Major League Cricket soon, will you watch it?

2. Which ex GM do you most wish you paid for?

3. What is a new thing to add to the store to increase demand for higher contracts?

13 hours ago, Berocka said:

1. With the introduction of Major League Cricket soon, will you watch it?

I actually might. There's no team where I live or where I will be living, so it might be hard to keep up with, but I know the rules and it could be cool.

2. Which ex GM do you most wish you paid for?

This isn't physically possible, but I wish I could have played for myself from the player perspective. I always wondered how I was perceived as a GM because I seemed generally respected despite never winning, and knowing why would be really helpful both in this league and out of it.

3. What is a new thing to add to the store to increase demand for higher contracts?

What if we had like...temporary TPE boosters? Young players whose builds haven't been completed yet can make an investment in a 100-TPE bonus for one season or something. It probably isn't feasible but I think it would be interesting (and would certainly lead to increased demand for money/contract talk getting interesting/probably some added level of drama).

1. With the VHLE and the introduction of hybrid attributes being two HUGE changes over the past few seasons, what's next? Don't be afraid to get wild with it.

2. What's your useless talent?

3. Doctor Strange is out! Marvel movies can be somewhat polarizing--what are your thoughts on them in general?

On 5/17/2022 at 11:37 AM, Gustav said:

I actually might. There's no team where I live or where I will be living, so it might be hard to keep up with, but I know the rules and it could be cool.

This isn't physically possible, but I wish I could have played for myself from the player perspective. I always wondered how I was perceived as a GM because I seemed generally respected despite never winning, and knowing why would be really helpful both in this league and out of it.

What if we had like...temporary TPE boosters? Young players whose builds haven't been completed yet can make an investment in a 100-TPE bonus for one season or something. It probably isn't feasible but I think it would be interesting (and would certainly lead to increased demand for money/contract talk getting interesting/probably some added level of drama).

1. With the VHLE and the introduction of hybrid attributes being two HUGE changes over the past few seasons, what's next? Don't be afraid to get wild with it.

2. What's your useless talent?

3. Doctor Strange is out! Marvel movies can be somewhat polarizing--what are your thoughts on them in general?

Oh yeah I like Gustav pressers

1. The Sim Gods will decree, “The last shall be first, and the first shall be last,” and as a result, all the inactives in this league will ascend to VHL leadership roles while the commissioners will rot in Inactivity Hell forever! (Don’t know why I came up with this, I’m just a little bored lol)

2. I’m a little out of shape in this regard, but if you show the front of a Topps baseball card from 1953-1971, I can identify which year it’s from pretty easily.

3. Since I don’t watch Marvel movies all that often, I can’t say much. However, if I had to be honest, there’s too many movies that have “Spider Man” and “Home” in them (next thing we know, it’s gonna be Spider-Man: Home Alone) and “Black Panther” is a good movie.

1. Of all your favorite sports teams, which one is the most hopelessly incompetent of them all?

2. What’s the weirdest dream you ever had?

3. If you had to choose between sweating mayonnaise or having spaghetti hair, which one would you take and why?

On 5/19/2022 at 1:37 PM, NSG said:

Oh yeah I like Gustav pressers

1. The Sim Gods will decree, “The last shall be first, and the first shall be last,” and as a result, all the inactives in this league will ascend to VHL leadership roles while the commissioners will rot in Inactivity Hell forever! (Don’t know why I came up with this, I’m just a little bored lol)

2. I’m a little out of shape in this regard, but if you show the front of a Topps baseball card from 1953-1971, I can identify which year it’s from pretty easily.

3. Since I don’t watch Marvel movies all that often, I can’t say much. However, if I had to be honest, there’s too many movies that have “Spider Man” and “Home” in them (next thing we know, it’s gonna be Spider-Man: Home Alone) and “Black Panther” is a good movie.

1. Of all your favorite sports teams, which one is the most hopelessly incompetent of them all?

2. What’s the weirdest dream you ever had?

3. If you had to choose between sweating mayonnaise or having spaghetti hair, which one would you take and why?

1. Probably the Tenessee Titans, i don't know why they traded A.J Brown, but it pissed me off.

2. Getting attacked by aliens in my house, that was weird.

3. Sweating mayo, because i like my hair and i never want to loose them lol.

1.  Who's your favourite baseball team and football team?

2. Who do you think is going to win the stanley cup?

3. And who is gonna win it all in the nba?

I don't really enjoy baseball much, but support the Cubs I guess.  For Football I am a Jaguar fan.

The Colorado Avalanche.  THIS IS THE YEAR.

I am looking at who is in and I will say the Celtics

1.) The race for the playoffs in EU is tight.  Between Prague, Warsaw, London, and Helsinki who is missing the playoffs?

2.) In NA the Dragons and Phoenix are tied in points for the last playoff spot, but the Phoenix have a game in hand.  Who finishes the regular season with more points?

3.) If you were some type of cooked potato, what kind would you be and why?

7 hours ago, PoignardLeclerc11 said:

Football team - Buffalo Bills! I've been a fan all my life and I'm happy I finally get to see them be really good after decades of exactly the opposite of that. As for baseball, I tried to follow the Blue Jays for a while, but couldn't keep up with it. I love baseball as a sport but I need a good reason to love a team before I'm on board.

I think it would be really funny if the Blues managed to do it after the water bottle incident, so that's who I'm going with.

I have no idea because I don't follow basketball. Going to say the Warriors because they've been the team with the money and the stars and whatnot for a long time now, even though I can't say I want to see that happen.

I'll also answer these because I started this and got distracted and don't want to skip over someone:

50 minutes ago, Garsh said:

1.) The race for the playoffs in EU is tight.  Between Prague, Warsaw, London, and Helsinki who is missing the playoffs?

It is really tight! From the outside, I'd be inclined to say London, but as London's AGM...we can't have that. Therefore, HELSINKI will miss the playoffs and we will all get to laugh at them.

52 minutes ago, Garsh said:

2.) In NA the Dragons and Phoenix are tied in points for the last playoff spot, but the Phoenix have a game in hand.  Who finishes the regular season with more points?

I'd say the Dragons make it in just based on the fact that they have a much more complete roster and should be making it in if sims go as expected. That said, Simon is Simon. It's a shame that the bottom half of the NA conference is as gutted as it is because I feel like Chicago should not be making it in this season.

55 minutes ago, Garsh said:

3.) If you were some type of cooked potato, what kind would you be and why?

Baked.

funny-grateful.gif

1. What is your favorite kind of sauce, on any food, in any context?

2. Are you happy with what you've done this season in the VHL? Is there anything you wish you did but haven't yet?

3. What's something you did TODAY to improve yourself or make your own life better?

1. What is your favorite kind of sauce, on any food, in any context?

As a go-to for so many uses, Frank's hot sauce.

2. Are you happy with what you've done this season in the VHL? Is there anything you wish you did but haven't yet?
Very pleased with player's performance.  Wish Prague already had their playoff spot.

3. What's something you did TODAY to improve yourself or make your own life better?

Walked the dog.

1.  Would you rather be rich or healthy?

2.  What is your proudest accomplishment?

3.  If you had to choose one NHL team to be booted from the league, which one would it be?

On 5/23/2022 at 11:20 PM, KC15 said:

1.  Would you rather be rich or healthy?

2.  What is your proudest accomplishment?

3.  If you had to choose one NHL team to be booted from the league, which one would it be?

1. Healthy money can't fix sickness

2. Probably getting engaged and finding out I will be a father

3. Toronto cause it would be funny

1. What are your thoughts on Theme Week?

2. Would you join an Olympics sim league where your athlete competes in different olympic events? Why?

3. Who wins the VHL this season?

On 5/25/2022 at 1:12 AM, Berocka said:

1. What are your thoughts on Theme Week?

2. Would you join an Olympics sim league where your athlete competes in different olympic events? Why?

3. Who wins the VHL this season?

I think it’s a great thing when they remember to do it

i think that would be a pretty cool thing but I’m not sure if I’d be totally in for it

sadly I’m going to say Moscow 

Whats the event you most look forward to in the VHL?

Would you prefer to take a plane or a bus to your teams games?

Whos winning the Stanley cup?

2 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

Whats the event you most look forward to in the VHL?

Would you prefer to take a plane or a bus to your teams games?

Whos winning the Stanley cup?

1. Mock Drafts are always fun to read

2. Plane obviously the quicker you get there the better

3. My preference would be Hurricanes, Oilers, Rangers, Lightning, Avs

Q1. What is your best 5 minute time killer activity

Q2. What is your dream job in the VHL

Q3. If you had to put two VHLers against each other in a rap battle who would it be and why?

Q1. What is your best 5 minute time killer activity

Tetris.

Q2. What is your dream job in the VHL

Zamboni driver.

Q3. If you had to put two VHLers against each other in a rap battle who would it be and why?

Reinhardt and Tessier.  About the only two I can name off the top of my head.

1.  Jazz or country?

2.  Which VHL city would you most like to live in?

3.  Have you ever seen a Stanley Cup Final game in person?

57 minutes ago, KC15 said:

1.  Jazz or country?

JAZZ. I love jazz! There are so many different sides to it. I like that it's both complex and listenable (most of the time) as well.

58 minutes ago, KC15 said:

2.  Which VHL city would you most like to live in?

I've been to DC a handful of times and really liked it, so I'll go with that. I'd definitely be concerned about traffic, so I'd have to work out something that's manageable in that regard.

1 hour ago, KC15 said:

3.  Have you ever seen a Stanley Cup Final game in person?

sad Sabres noises

No I have not. Maybe one day we'll make the playoffs at least...

1. Would you rather put up good numbers on a team with a bad locker room or bad numbers on a team with a good one?

2. What's your favorite video on the Internet?

3. Who would you want as GM of your team if your GM stepped down?

On 5/30/2022 at 12:43 PM, Gustav said:

1. Would you rather put up good numbers on a team with a bad locker room or bad numbers on a team with a good one?

2. What's your favorite video on the Internet?

3. Who would you want as GM of your team if your GM stepped down?

1. Definitely bad numbers in a good locker room, the lockerroom is where most of the fun is had!

2. Definitely the 'look at all those chickens' meme --> 

3. v2, a blast from the past back to Season 5.

Questions:

1. Do you have any plans for the upcoming summer?

2. Are you happy with how your player is progressing?