Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

4 hours ago, KC15 said:

1. What is your favourite non-NHL hockey team?

Kansas City Royals.  

2. Who will you be rooting for at the World Cup, if anyone?

No one.  I don't follow at all.

3. Which member has the best profile pic in the league, forums or discord?

I pay no attention, but I like my profile pics of both LeFleur or Gretzky.

1.  Ever considered living in a country other than your home country?

2. Excited for the new MLB season now that the lockout is over?

3. Do you have a pet?  Animal and name?

1. Not really. Been in Canada my whole life so it’s all I know. Would like to live in western Canada though.

2. I don’t watch baseball.

3. No but my sister has a cat named nut!

1. What is your favourite place to order fast food?

2. What is one thing you would tell your younger self if you had the chance?

3. Is there any where you want to travel?

19 minutes ago, ajwllmsn said:

1. Not really. Been in Canada my whole life so it’s all I know. Would like to live in western Canada though.

2. I don’t watch baseball.

3. No but my sister has a cat named nut!

1. I'd say St-hubert which I believe is just in Canada and maybe even just in Quebec? Not sure

2. College sucks but don't give up.

3. Australia is the place I'd like to travel the most, it's expensive but I don't care.

questions:

1. There is already a few blockbuster trades this off-season, is there any trade that caught your attention the most?

2. Let's go for an hard question, which team is winning the cup in S83?

3. Which player will be the best of the league in S83?

23 minutes ago, ajwllmsn said:

Carls Jr on the west coast, Chik fil-a on the east coast. 

Invest in Bitcoin when it first came out. 

Would love to take a trip to my pretend home country of Latvia

1. What's your favorite pizza topping?

2. What are you most excited about for the upcoming season? 

3. Sweat pants or Mesh shorts when lounging around the house? 

31 minutes ago, Girts said:

1. What's your favorite pizza topping?

Mushrooms are hella underrated. I can switch out a pepperoni for a sausage or bacon, but I'm not switching out mushrooms if I can help it.

2. What are you most excited about for the upcoming season? 

Hello new attributes! Actually less about the meta leaving, and more because any major change like that is inherently interesting 

3. Sweat pants or Mesh shorts when lounging around the house? 

Pajama pants ftw. Especially when I'm on work calls, a polo shirt with pajama pant bottoms off screen is not too uncommon at all.

Questions:

1. Which VHL team do you think has improved the most so far this offseason?

2. With a three week offseason, what are you looking forward to most to keep the interest up?

3. In honor of the Oscars, what's the best movie you've seen in the past year?

2 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Questions:

1. Which VHL team do you think has improved the most so far this offseason?

It's hard to say, but it's definitely interesting to see the moves Warsaw has made.  I'll be watching them closely to see how the next few seasons go.

2. With a three week offseason, what are you looking forward to most to keep the interest up?

Hopefully there's a lot of media this offseason to keep us all involved!

3. In honor of the Oscars, what's the best movie you've seen in the past year?

Dune!  Absolutely loved it

1. You can only eat one dessert for the rest of your life - what's your pick?

2. What's your favorite part of VHL?

3. Which team has the best branding?

3 hours ago, dogwoodmaple said:

1. You can only eat one dessert for the rest of your life - what's your pick?

Nothing like a good cheesecake. Granted, it has to be a good one--I'm not a fan of OK cheesecake.

2. What's your favorite part of VHL?

Posting something I genuinely care about and worked at and seeing it received well or generating good discussion. Getting forum activity is a challenge sometimes, so when people want to comment on your thread, you've accomplished something.

3. Which team has the best branding?

I have to go with none other than DAVID

1. What's your hidden talent?

2. You can go anywhere in the world, right now, for 5 minutes. Where do you go and why?

3. Tell me your funniest school-related story.

On 3/28/2022 at 2:36 PM, ajwllmsn said:

1. Probably Subway or Panera if there is one around.

2. Don’t procrastinate and bet on Montreal to make it to the cup final in 2021

3. I would really like to go to Norway one day.

1. the hybrid attributes are out, how are you going about your new build?

2. what are you most excited for this offseason?

3. is cereal soup?

1 - pretty similar to the old one - heavy in speed, defense, and checking.

2 - the next draft. I've never had a player in the E and I'm curious how that will go.

3 - absolutely not. Same way a hotdog is not a sandwich.

1 - Any changes to your player when you Respec for hybrid attributes?

2 - how's the weather where you are? I'm sick of snow...

3 - what team in the NHL would you rebrand or relocate, and to what/where?

5 hours ago, der meister said:

1 - pretty similar to the old one - heavy in speed, defense, and checking.

2 - the next draft. I've never had a player in the E and I'm curious how that will go.

3 - absolutely not. Same way a hotdog is not a sandwich.

1 - Any changes to your player when you Respec for hybrid attributes?

2 - how's the weather where you are? I'm sick of snow...

3 - what team in the NHL would you rebrand or relocate, and to what/where?

A:

1. I wanted to be a goal-scoring winger, focusing on SC fast with the old build. Although now it's looking to be a more well-rounded player, especially early in my career... So I can make the best usage of the TPE.

2. Prior to a few days ago it had been grey skies for a while. Although these last few days have been great weather, can't complain with 13°C (56°F)

3. Arizona Coyotes to the Hamilton Steel

Q:

1. What are you most excited about for the upcoming S83 season?

2. What was your most fun season during your time in the VHL?

3. If you could travel back to any point in time for 1 day, when or where would you choose?

On 3/30/2022 at 4:00 PM, Brandon said:

1. What are you most excited about for the upcoming S83 season?

2. What was your most fun season during your time in the VHL?

3. If you could travel back to any point in time for 1 day, when or where would you choose?

1. Definitely excited to see how the new attributes effect overall league scoring. I wonder if we'll see completely new players taking home trophies at the end of the season.

2. Probably my first season, S73. Everything was locked down irl, and VHL definitely was filling up alot of my time, meeting new people and learning how the league worked, it was a nice escape. A close 2nd is S78, when Warsaw took home their 1st and only championship.

3. May 13th, 2013. I'd probably make a plan to be in TD Garden that night. Only real ones will know. :D 

Q1. Do you expect your player to have a better season in Season 83, or a worse one? Are you building them differently than before the hybrid attributes?

Q2. If you had the power to relocate 1 single VHLM/VHLE/VHL Franchise, where would you move them, and why?

Q3. What would be the theme song to a sitcom about your daily life?

On 4/3/2022 at 5:44 AM, dlamb said:

Q1. Do you expect your player to have a better season in Season 83, or a worse one? Are you building them differently than before the hybrid attributes?

Q2. If you had the power to relocate 1 single VHLM/VHLE/VHL Franchise, where would you move them, and why?

Q3. What would be the theme song to a sitcom about your daily life?

1. Hopefully a better one as I only played 25 games in S82.

2. I would relocate Mississauga Hounds to Melbourne Bushrangers. Because the league needs an Australian Team.

3. Stuck in the Middle with You

Song by Stealers Wheel

Don't ask why it is just my answer.

Q1 Which past GM do you wish you had a chance to play under.

Q2 If there were Hybrid Attributes for goalies what would some of them be called

Q3 What is a mediocre Superpower you wish you could have

ANSWERS

Q1 Which past GM do you wish you had a chance to play under.

Helsinki GM Rayzor

Q2 If there were Hybrid Attributes for goalies what would some of them be called

Umm, Grip or Core Balance would work

Q3 What is a mediocre Superpower you wish you could have

Flying because gas is expensive!

QUESTIONS

1. If you could merge two teams which would they be and why?

2. What's your favorite new and least favorite attribute changes?

3. What goes better in a wrap.. chicken or beans and cheese?

Edited by Zack

Davos and Prague.  One big purple people eating machine!

I'm so confused at this point I have no idea.  Poke Checking sounds fun and what even is GR?

Chicken most of the time.  But feeling a little south of the border?  Go beans and cheese.

1. What is the worst kind of nut?  Hint: correct answer is walnut.

2. Where would you rather vacation - Germany or Spain?

3. How quickly will the new meta be found or has the league actually found a solution?

5 hours ago, KC15 said:

Davos and Prague.  One big purple people eating machine!

I'm so confused at this point I have no idea.  Poke Checking sounds fun and what even is GR?

Chicken most of the time.  But feeling a little south of the border?  Go beans and cheese.

1. What is the worst kind of nut?  Hint: correct answer is walnut.

2. Where would you rather vacation - Germany or Spain?

3. How quickly will the new meta be found or has the league actually found a solution?

Answer

1. I guess I will say walnut, then!

2. Spain, that is actually at the top of my list. My dad's side of my family live out there.

3. Time will tell! I can't imagine skating is ever a bad attribute, it has always been very valued in my past builds. I am sure one will be discovered.

Ask

1. Are you happy with your new players build, or if you haven't done it yet do you know how you will build them?

2. Now that the meta is over for now, who do you see as the new favorite to win the Continental Cup?

3. What is something you look forward to in the summer?

19 hours ago, Arce said:

1. Are you happy with your new players build, or if you haven't done it yet do you know how you will build them?

Yes, but as a goaler that kind of feels like cheating. There's been talk of hybridizing goaler attributes if it turns out they're too good, but we'll see what happens with that.

19 hours ago, Arce said:

2. Now that the meta is over for now, who do you see as the new favorite to win the Continental Cup?

HOT TAKE: Helsinki. They're finally coming out of their rebuild, and the lineup looks good.

19 hours ago, Arce said:

3. What is something you look forward to in the summer?

I get to play golf again! I'm no good at it, but it's a lot of fun.

1. What was your most embarrassing injury?

2. What is/was your favorite class in school?

3. Which VHLM team has the best logo?

On 4/5/2022 at 11:15 AM, Gustav said:

1. What was your most embarrassing injury?

2. What is/was your favorite class in school?

3. Which VHLM team has the best logo?

1. I was playing basketball during lunch and I fell and fractured my wrist

2. I like Geography, because Math is hard and science is mostly boring, also I like politics and sometimes we discuss current events

3. I would say Reapers or Kings, but I don't know what is being depicted in the Reapers' and why does a Mexican king have a fur coat. I'll go Miami

Questions

1. What is your dream car?

2. What would be a great idea for a new sim league?

3. Who's winning the Stanley Cup?

answers

Any kind of SUV, always liked RAM.. Do they make them? Not very good with vehicles

3 on 3 anything would be super hype

Toronto or Tampa Bay.. Since I'm Canadian the obvious choice is the Leafs

QUESTIONS

1. The league doesn't really have locations for draft night buf if they did which teams would host the draft(s) this season?

2. It hasn't really been tested to my knowledge and now with the new attributes.. Would you be a fan if injuries were turned on or nah? Why??

3. What's something in the league that grinds your gears? 

6 hours ago, Zack said:

answers

QUESTIONS

1. The league doesn't really have locations for draft night buf if they did which teams would host the draft(s) this season?

2. It hasn't really been tested to my knowledge and now with the new attributes.. Would you be a fan if injuries were turned on or nah? Why??

3. What's something in the league that grinds your gears? 

1. It's gotta be Miami!  What's more exciting than the post-draft parties in South Beach?

2. I'm against injuries.  I want to see my player out there on the ice, not recovering from an injury.

3. Honestly?  Nothing yet!  But I'm still new...I'm sure I'll find something.

QUESTIONS.

1. Which team would be best served by moving cities?  Could be VHL, VHLE, VHLM.

2. What are three things you love about the league?

3. Should we change the 199 cap, why or why not?

15 hours ago, Ledge said:

1. I honestly don't have a dream car.

2. I'm now learning that there are A LOT of sim leagues. I'd say it would be cool to get a Zombie Apocalypse/Survival sim league lol

3. The Pittsburgh Penguins, of course.

QUESTIONS:

1. What are your thoughts on the Hybrid Attributes?

2. When you are bored, what's the first thing you typically think to do?

3. If you could do any job in the world, but would make $0, what would it be and why?

8 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

QUESTIONS:

1. What are your thoughts on the Hybrid Attributes?

2. When you are bored, what's the first thing you typically think to do?

3. If you could do any job in the world, but would make $0, what would it be and why?

1. My initial reaction was "hey, this might keep me around in the league past this player." It's certainly leading to a variety in player builds, but really it's minor differences. The underlying problem may still be there, just due to the sim engine. I personally would like to feel like building a playmaker or a more physical is a viable path, but is that just always going to be sub-optimal? I would assume the best thing to do is still try to maximize scoring, defense, puck handling, and skating. Just, instead of 99/40 SC/PA, it's going to be something like 87/65 for every player, and then pump up PH/DF/SK in an efficient manner.

2. As of late, it's been watching Disney movies, particularly animated feature films. Starting from the beginning chronologically with Snow White a few weeks ago, I'm up through The Little Mermaid. A lot of them I had never actually seen, and several I'd maybe watched as a kid long ago. Up through this point, I'd say some of my favorites are Alice in Wonderland (hence the new avatar), Robin Hood, and The Aristocats. Alice in Wonderland and Robin Hood I didn't really watch growing up, but The Aristocats is one we had on VHS so I watched quite a bit growing up, so that one is definitely a bit of a nostalgia favorite.

3. Can I pick none? If not, then I'll say a streamer, because that's a job, but since I'm not getting paid anyway, I'll just never stream. Or like, board game player. That's not really a job, but if I'm not getting paid, I'll just do what I like to do on my own time and call it a "job" for the sake of this question.

QUESTIONS

1. Do you think the league could benefit from extending player careers?

2. What were your career goals for your player when you created, and how are you progressing towards those goals?

3. Imagine a game in which Marie and Berlioz tie for first place. The next best score was Toulouse. Did Toulouse finish in second or third place? Explain.

5 hours ago, scoop said:

1. Do you think the league could benefit from extending player careers?

I've seen people from other leagues say that they don't like our fixed career lengths. I know in the EFL, while I was there, your career can go on really long depending on what position you play. Same with the PBE--I'm pretty sure I talked to a couple people in my short time there who had their players for upwards of two full years.

Personally? I wouldn't like it, but to each their own. I'm from the instant gratification generation, and creating a player and making that initial build is much more fun than fighting off depreciation IMO.

5 hours ago, scoop said:

2. What were your career goals for your player when you created, and how are you progressing towards those goals?

I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, but I think I'm going to play as a player first and foremost. My last couple have had their careers tied up in GM business, and now that I'm no longer a GM I think I'm going to enjoy the opportunity to experience my career on my own terms. That doesn't mean I'll bounce around in FA every offseason, but it does mean that I'm not going to feel bad about wanting to play somewhere competitive. As a new player, there hasn't been much that I have done, but there's a lot that I will do and I'm looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, scoop said:

3. Imagine a game in which Marie and Berlioz tie for first place. The next best score was Toulouse. Did Toulouse finish in second or third place? Explain.

Third. Two people finished ahead of Toulouse, therefore Toulouse is third.

As a side note, I don't know if that's meant to refer to Berlioz the composer, but as a bit of a music nerd I was thrown for a bit of a loop by the name followed by a mention of the "next best score"--though I guess that could work on multiple levels.

1. What are your general predictions for this season now that skater builds have been reset and fit to new attributes?

2. Have you ever been inactive? If so, why, and what brought you back? If not, how long do you see yourself being a member of the VHL?

3. What's the last song you listened to, and why should I check it out?

20 hours ago, Gustav said:

1. What are your general predictions for this season now that skater builds have been reset and fit to new attributes?

2. Have you ever been inactive? If so, why, and what brought you back? If not, how long do you see yourself being a member of the VHL?

3. What's the last song you listened to, and why should I check it out?

1. I think this will be a very interesting season.  I hope to see some passing oriented builds shine.  I think scoring will be down and it will be interesting to see if things feel off how the league reacts.

2. I have not.  I can see myself at my current level for years unless I find the community to be not to my liking.

3. The last song I listened to was Scandroid's "Less Than Zero" (feat King Protea).  Interesting synthwave/pop with vocals, which to me seems unique in that most synthwave doesn't have a lot of sustained vocals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_iFSxNxAoQ

Questions

1. If you are a skater, do you have your build figured out for next season.  If goalie, have you thought about skater builds at all?

2. Do you think your team will be competitive this season?

3. Did you ever own a lava lamp and if so what color was it?

42 minutes ago, Garsh said:

1. I think this will be a very interesting season.  I hope to see some passing oriented builds shine.  I think scoring will be down and it will be interesting to see if things feel off how the league reacts.

2. I have not.  I can see myself at my current level for years unless I find the community to be not to my liking.

3. The last song I listened to was Scandroid's "Less Than Zero" (feat King Protea).  Interesting synthwave/pop with vocals, which to me seems unique in that most synthwave doesn't have a lot of sustained vocals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_iFSxNxAoQ

Questions

1. If you are a skater, do you have your build figured out for next season.  If goalie, have you thought about skater builds at all?

2. Do you think your team will be competitive this season?

3. Did you ever own a lava lamp and if so what color was it?

1. Yeah, I know exactly what I’m doing this final season.

2. As our AGM, I can confirm that we are selling.

3. Tragically, I have not. If I did, though, I’d prolly just do a basic red.

1. What’s been your greatest VHL achievement?

2. Any saucy things you’re gonna do this summer?

3. Do you believe in free will and if so, why?

10 hours ago, NSG said:

1. What’s been your greatest VHL achievement?

2. Any saucy things you’re gonna do this summer?

3. Do you believe in free will and if so, why?

1. Winning 4 cups in 7 seasons

2. Summer is a long time away haven't made any plans yet.

3. No cause I had to answer this question

1. What's your least favourite part of vhl

2. Do you like the VHFL

3. What are you watching atm?