Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

On 2/15/2022 at 11:27 AM, Beaviss said:

1. When you create your next player what position do you think you will make and why?

If I make another player it would probably be a defenseman so I could try something different, focus on different attributes, etc. 

2. If you could do any job in the world what would it be and why?

I would be a deep tissue massage therapist for the Brazilian womens olympic track and field team.

3. Think MDM (my player) will somehow break the .5 ppg mark this season?

Your players name alone says you can do anything you want and nobody can stop you, you will defy the odds like your namesake and finishing above .5ppg this season. 

1. How is your player doing this season, what are your current stats? 

2. Name another player on your team who has impressed you this season and why? 

3. What's your favorite pizza topping? Choose up to 3. 

1. How is your player doing this season, what are your current stats?

I'm probably the second worst goalie in the VHLE right now... I'm number two in the leaderboards for losses, OT losses, goals against, and shots against. I argue that the latter stat is more of a team stat than a me stat, but still.

2. Name another player on your team who has impressed you this season and why?

Truthfully, I haven't followed the VHLE, like, at all... and DC is certified Unimpressive on all fronts.

3. What's your favorite pizza topping? Choose up to 3. 

Mushrooms. I like the texture

1. Tell me your preferred writing utensil without telling me your preferred writing utensil.

2. Imagine you have the opportunity to instantly acquire and be a master at a new skill. What do you choose and why?

3. What is a cool thing about you that you don't get to tell people because they'd think you were bragging?

1. Tell me your preferred writing utensil without telling me your preferred writing utensil.]

I don't have any. Writing is an act I appreciate but picking a specific object is needless.

2. Imagine you have the opportunity to instantly acquire and be a master at a new skill. What do you choose and why?

Being able to master any martial art technique by merely watching it.

3. What is a cool thing about you that you don't get to tell people because they'd think you were bragging?

I suppose my best thing would be that I went through the whole fighting game library of the PlayStation 1 when I dropped out of Rio State University.

1. If you could recommend me a game, which one would you recommend?

2. If you could recommend me a book, which one would you recommend?

3. If you could recommend me a movie, which one would you recommend?

3 hours ago, Thunfish said:

1. Tell me your preferred writing utensil without telling me your preferred writing utensil.]

I don't have any. Writing is an act I appreciate but picking a specific object is needless.

Being able to master any martial art technique by merely watching it.

I suppose my best thing would be that I went through the whole fighting game library of the PlayStation 1 when I dropped out of Rio State University.

1. If you could recommend me a game, which one would you recommend?

2. If you could recommend me a book, which one would you recommend?

3. If you could recommend me a movie, which one would you recommend?

1. The witcher 3 without a single doubt.

2. The witcher I guess? I don't read books

3. Shutter Island will always be one of my favs.

Questions:

1. Where can you get the best donuts?

2. let's pretend there is an expansion in the league, 1 team in NA and 1 team in EU. Where do you choose to put those teams?

3. What is that one game that everyone seems to play but you hate it?

1. Where can you get the best donuts?

Krispy Kreme, hands down.

2. let's pretend there is an expansion in the league, 1 team in NA and 1 team in EU. Where do you choose to put those teams?

Kansas City - we can't keep a hockey team any other way than in a sim league. lol
Lisbon - The Iberian peninsula needs a team.

3. What is that one game that everyone seems to play but you hate it?

Back in the day, Everquest.  Now, maybe Call of Duty.  I don't hate COD, it's just so realistic it kind of freaks me out that I'm killing "real live" people.

1.  If you could be any animal other than human, why would it be a dog?
2. Best place for Pizza in New Haven, CT.  If you are disadvantaged enough not to know the NH pizza scene, who has the best pizza in your opinion.
3. Do you spend any time with family history/genealogy?

1.  If you could be any animal other than human, why would it be a dog?

They're not only loyal and constantly happy, but they don't really have many responsibilities and get cared for constantly if you're in the right home. Seems like a good life by me.

2. Best place for Pizza in New Haven, CT.  If you are disadvantaged enough not to know the NH pizza scene, who has the best pizza in your opinion.

As someone who has been to New Haven and tried pizza there, my answer is definitely... Detroit style. I like a little more heft to my pizza, and while I could pick Chicago (and do love it, having lived 8 years there), I think Detroit style is the best combo of flavor and not being a casserole.

3. Do you spend any time with family history/genealogy?

Purposefully no, actually. As someone from a single parent home who hasn't really known anyone from my dad's side, DNA testing could get... sticky, quickly. I'm not particularly interested in that. And while there's been some work done on my mom's side, it's just never really grabbed me.

Questions:

1. What's the last book you read, and did you like it?

2. If you could design your ideal goalie helmet, what would you have on it?

3. Spring will be here soon! What's your favorite part of spring?

On 2/2/2022 at 11:53 PM, Girts said:

1. What's your favorite attribute in the sim and why?

2. Which is the most useless attribute in the sim and why?

3. What's your in-between period snack during games? 

1. I enjoy Leadership, its more of a flex than anything else out there and does little but its super fun.

2. That would be fighting in my mind. If there were injuries and fighting mitigated injuries because you have an enforcer with your top player it would make sense but as is right now it doesn't make sense.

3. I enjoy a sweet/sour soft candy. depends on the day but quick energy rush from the sugar and sour to make me concentrate on my surroundings. 

Questions.

1. If you could help one other person who would it be and how would you help them.

2. What is your favorite thing about food.

3. How often would you say you get on the vhlfourm.com website?

On 2/21/2022 at 11:53 AM, rjfryman said:

Questions.

1. If you could help one other person who would it be and how would you help them.
a. I would help anyone should they ask for it but the single person id help would be my mom.

2. What is your favorite thing about food.
a. Taste. I love trying new foods and adding flavors and unique blends of foods. Went to one of my favorite places this weekend and spent way to much on fancy hot sauce. 

3. How often would you say you get on the vhlfourm.com website?
a. hourly during the week and daily during the weekend. 

Questions:
1. If you could go back and change a historical event what would it be?
2. If you could go back and change a VHL historical event which one would it be?
3. Has your player been playing up to your expectations this season?

On 2/23/2022 at 11:55 AM, Beaviss said:

Questions:

A lot of historical events could be changed to avoid pain and suffering but I'd probably choose to go back and change the holocaust from ever happening. 

2. If you could go back and change a VHL historical event which one would it be?

Only having been here a short time, I would go back and change the result of last seasons VHLM playoff finals against Ottawa, making Vegas win the cup! 

Yes especially early on in the season when I was leading the team in scoring and the top few goal scorers in the entire league, but I have gotten a bit cold lately and only scored a couple goals in the last 10 games and drupped under a ppg. 

1. If you could choose one NHL player to model your VHL players career after who would it be? 

2. What's more impressive in a 72 game season, 50 Goals or 70 assists? 

3. What's your go-to toppings on a burger? If you don't eat burgers, then what's your favorite food? 

1. If you could choose one NHL player to model your VHL players career after who would it be? 

Lemieux but without the illness.

2. What's more impressive in a 72 game season, 50 Goals or 70 assists? 

70 assists. It means someone else had to go and score those goals.

3. What's your go-to toppings on a burger? If you don't eat burgers, then what's your favorite food? 

I think my fave dish would be a salad with chicken. Preferably paired with some yerba mate tea.

1. What country do you wish to travel to one day above all else?

2. What's your preferred activity for summer?

3. What do you think about the upcoming Pokémon games?

• I've always wanted to go to Japan.

• Cookouts are my favorite thing to do during the summer. Golfing and tubing aren't too far behind.

• I haven't paid attention to new Pokémon games since Ruby and Sapphire. I've always been impressed with how Pokemon has been able to advance and evolve with every new generation of kids.

1. What all-star game skills event would your player participate in?

2. Have you attended any hockey games in person? If so, what's your favorite arena?

3. If you could play any sport, besides hockey, what would it be?

5 hours ago, Thunfish said:

Australia is the country I'd love to see the most

I love fishing!

I think it's nice to see that we already get the 9th gen but I'm afraid we might still not have the full pokedex which is something that I dislike.

Questions:

1. Did you get Elden Ring?

2. If you could chose the song played when you score a goal, what would it be?

3. What is your favorite tv show?

1. Did you get Elden Ring?
No, I mostly game on the Switch Lite now.

2. If you could chose the song played when you score a goal, what would it be?

Story in Your Eyes - Moody Blues

3. What is your favorite tv show?
Downton Abbey would have to be high on the list.  Ted Lasso in more recent times.

1.  What one book or book series would you most want to be marooned on an island with?

2.  What do you think of the universal DH coming this season in MLB - if we ever have a season?

3.  If you know any mythology (Greek, Roman, Celtic, Norse, Egyptian, ....) which god or goddess do you think is the coolest?

1.  What one book or book series would you most want to be marooned on an island with?

Likely the Bob Lee Swagger series .

2.  What do you think of the universal DH coming this season in MLB - if we ever have a season?

I am a bit of a purist, so I have always liked to see pitchers hit...or at least try to.

3.  If you know any mythology (Greek, Roman, Celtic, Norse, Egyptian, ....) which god or goddess do you think is the coolest?

Although not goddesses, I am partial to the Valkyrie.

1.)  What one attribute is the most imp[important for an athlete playing a team sport ?

2.)  Why are oranges round (mostly)?

3.)  What brand of equipment do you favor?

3 hours ago, Eynhallow said:

1.)  What one attribute is the most imp[important for an athlete playing a team sport ?
a. Passion and Effort are the most important things. You can be a medicore hockey player but if you are trying your hardest you can still be very effective.

2.)  Why are oranges round (mostly)?
a. I actually know this answer. It has to do with the fruits cells they don't connect easily unless its in a round shape. 

3.)  What brand of equipment do you favor?
a. I'm a big fan of warrior sticks. When I was going hard on ball hockey before COVID I found some nice new warrior sticks and I emptied the rack because I like them so much. 

1. If your player was going to play any other sport which would it be and why?

2. What is your players pump up song and or genre before their games?

3. What is the best flavor of icecream? and why is cookies and cream or caramel pecan?

1 hour ago, Beaviss said:

1. If your player was going to play any other sport which would it be and why?
Definitely football.  Growing up the the South meant going to games every week and spending entire weekends glued to the college football lineup. 
2. What is your players pump up song and or genre before their games?
Genre has to be some good, old-fashioned emo pop from the mid 2000s.  No matter when I turn it on, it always hits.
3. What is the best flavor of icecream? and why is cookies and cream or caramel pecan?

I see we both have fantastic taste in ice cream.  Cookies and cream is the clear best flavor and it isn't particularly close.

1. What's one rule change you'd make to hockey?

2. Best toppings and type of pizza?

3. What's your least favorite holiday and why?

On 3/1/2022 at 1:01 PM, dogwoodmaple said:

1. What's one rule change you'd make to hockey?

I would get rid of the trapezoid behind the net and let the goalies go play the puck in the corner again because it'd make for some great hits and fights and I miss that about hockey. Not enough brawls anymore. 

2. Best toppings and type of pizza?

Onions with sausage and or meatball. NY style. 

3. What's your least favorite holiday and why?

Labor Day because I usually get sunburned while drunk at a bbq. 

1. Besides hockey what is the best sport to watch on tv? 

2. Do you agree with the statement that weekends are made for sweat pants? 

3. Besides Victory Hockey League make up something else VHL could stand for? 

On 2/23/2022 at 10:55 AM, Beaviss said:

Questions:

1. I would change this tragedy or this (sad preds noise)

2. I would have changed Julius Freeman's CK, sure he won a couple two way players but CK is overrated.

3. Considering I had zero expectations after switching to D yeah I would say so.

Questions:

1. What is your favorite thing to do to make someones day?

2. If you could have a magic wand what would you do and more importantly why?

3. What is your favorite board game?

Edited by rjfryman

On 3/4/2022 at 12:36 PM, rjfryman said:

1. What is your favorite thing to do to make someones day?

2. If you could have a magic wand what would you do and more importantly why?

3. What is your favorite board game?

1. well, I guess it depend son who and what they need. It's always different.

2. right now I'd probably just end that useless war in ukraine.

3. Risk! Best game to ruin your friendships, I love it.

Questions:

1. What do you think of the new fix to the meta?

2. What is your current game that you are playing?

3. What is your favorite movie universe?

22 hours ago, Dom said:

1. What do you think of the new fix to the meta?

I'll admit I wasn't a huge fan for much of the process of creating it, but I'm optimistic about what it can bring. It's good to see that we won't have to be so divided over the meta issue anymore.

...though I feel like we'll see people trying to figure out the most meta way possible to build under the new system. Hopefully it works well enough that we don't have to deal with a whole new group wrecking things.

22 hours ago, Dom said:

2. What is your current game that you are playing?

I'm actually not playing anything at the moment. I was into Victoria II over winter break, but then Mac had an update and the game was no longer supported on my new software. I guess I don't need that anyway because it's been a busy semester.

22 hours ago, Dom said:

3. What is your favorite movie universe?

Probably Star Wars before Disney trampled all over it. No idea what I'd say now honestly.

1. With the end of the season coming up, how do you feel about the way your player has performed.

2. If I had to guess, I'd say that the changes to the meta and the attribute system are going to lower scoring significantly. How do you feel about the current level of scoring? Is it too much?

3. What's your favorite thing you own that doesn't cost a lot of money?

1. With the end of the season coming up, how do you feel about the way your player has performed.

Eh, kinda miffed that I couldn't land anywhere in the top ten scorers but that's life.

2. If I had to guess, I'd say that the changes to the meta and the attribute system are going to lower scoring significantly. How do you feel about the current level of scoring? Is it too much?

I wouldn't be able to answer that, to tell you the truth. The place I'm more used to just threw STHS off a cliff and went with FHM instead.

3. What's your favorite thing you own that doesn't cost a lot of money?

Chilling on a hammock during a nice, clean skies day.

1. What's your favourite hockey-related media? Like a movie, a book, a web comic, a manga, whatever.

2. What's your opinion on fighting in hockey?

3. If we didn't have penalties for it, would you put everything on fighting?

1. What's your favourite hockey-related media? Like a movie, a book, a web comic, a manga, whatever.

I guess The Mighty Ducks, I haven't really seen much hockey related media to be honest.

It's fine, not really why I watch, but no issues with it for the most part.

Nah, not enough real benefit to do that in my opinion.

1.) We are approaching the end of the regular season.  How is your team looking?

2.) Thoughts on the new attributes announced to combat the meta?

3.) What other sports have you been watching lately?

1.) We are approaching the end of the regular season.  How is your team looking?

We have clinched a playoff berth, so, fantastic!!

Sounds promising in combatting the meta-clone, but also super complicated at first.  I'm seeking GM help.  lol

Might have been baseball.... but nothing.

1.  One side more at fault in the MLB debacle?

2.  Golf has been called "a good walk spoiled".  Agree or not?
3.  If you are a reader, what is your favorite genre to enjoy - history, biography, standard fiction, sci-fi....?

12 hours ago, Garsh said:

I guess The Mighty Ducks, I haven't really seen much hockey related media to be honest.

It's fine, not really why I watch, but no issues with it for the most part.

Nah, not enough real benefit to do that in my opinion.

1. The Stars are looking really good. Second place in the league behind the Wolves and have a huge gap from third place. 

2. I skimmed through them, I think it's a great idea. Will most likely annoy my GM to tell me what to upgrade and be too lazy to learn what I should do.

3. I've been working lots but usually at my bar they have NBA games on so I watch a couple here and there.

1. With the new attributes being implemented, what type of player build will you shoot for? (Sniper, playmaker, etc.)

2. What are some career goals for your player?

3. If you could choose a different team to play on in the VHL/E/M besides your own, where would you go?

On 3/7/2022 at 12:11 PM, ajwllmsn said:

1. With the new attributes being implemented, what type of player build will you shoot for? (Sniper, playmaker, etc.)

2. What are some career goals for your player?

3. If you could choose a different team to play on in the VHL/E/M besides your own, where would you go?

1. I will probably make a 2-way center. I want him to be one of the best penalty killer in the league and I think this might be a less popular build that might have a really high value.

2. Win the cup! What else?

3. any team that is in rebuild or is planning a rebuild. I'm not interested to win on a 4th line, I want to be in the core of a team and be able to say that I had an impact on the team.

Questions:

1. Predict the VHL final!

2. What is your favorite VHL team logo?

3. What is your least favorite VHL team logo?