Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

1 hour ago, SlapshotDragon said:

1. My player is doing okay. Happy with the goal totals but Sigard either sucks offensive or sucks defensively. Heck, he sucks at both some games.

2. I typically don't watch the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup because I mostly watch baseball in the NHL off-season. Go Jays go! But I do watch the ones in the winter.

3. I went on a USA road trip and got to see Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, canyons in Arizona, the arches in Utah, and more! Lots of fun!

1. Would you rather hockey have sponsors on jerseys like in Europe or center ice being replaced with a sponsor logo?

2. What is your favourite hockey moment that you witnessed live (in person or on TV)? Not limited to the NHL so other leagues or international games count too!

3. If you could award an NHL team to a city, which city would you award it to?

1. I think NHL jerseys are nice and clean and brand logos would ruin them, but I wouldn't be overly mad if they incorporated one or two like the NBA.

2. Sidney's Golden Goal, or that insane end to end goal scored by Makar this season.  Also the 2011 Canucks playoff run, as much as it pains.

3. Realistically speaking I'd put a team back in Quebec, one in Houston, or one in Portland.

1. Have you done many "summer" activities this summer? Or travelled?

2. What is your favourite sports jersey?

3. If you could have any athletes job for a day, who's would it be and why?

1. Have you done many "summer" activities this summer? Or travelled?

Traveling in 3 days!  Vacation starts the 4th.

2. What is your favourite sports jersey?

Easy.  My Kenny Danyeko Devils jersey.

3. If you could have any athletes job for a day, who's would it be and why?

Brad Keller's, Starting Pitcher for the Royals.  Then I would get to work with Salvador Perez (C), one of my favorite players all-time.

1.  Have you ever named a pet after a favorite team or player?

2.  What is the most exotic (to you) location you have traveled to?

3.  What retired hockey player would you most like to meet?

1.  Have you ever named a pet after a favorite team or player?
Absolutely not personally personally when coming up with names we've always just named them like people names, but mostly for animals

2.  What is the most exotic (to you) location you have traveled to?
I mean exotic I guess Galveston Texas as It's tropical and I haven't much else where other than Branson, Missouri 

3.  What retired hockey player would you most like to meet?
I think I would definitely like to meet Corey Crawford and just talk to him about the times when the Chicago Blackhawks were at their best.

1. How Is your playing doing this season?
2. What type of player do you plan on making for your next player?
3. What is your favorite animal?

5 hours ago, dustywilson22 said:

1. How Is your playing doing this season?

I'm on pace to put up my second 100+ pt season in a row. Never even came close to 100 in years 1 to 5, but after the meta change, Miklavz really took off. Kind of hilarious that its the depreciation years that are the best of my player - a real late bloomer story.
2. What type of player do you plan on making for your next player?

I'm undecided really. On my first go around, my second player was a defensemen and I got bored of it quick. I'm leaning towards making a center with a similar build to my current player.  The build has worked quite well since the meta change, so I'd like to see it for a full season.
3. What is your favorite animal?

A penguin. I really have no idea why but i've always loved them and my fiancee does too, so its like a mutual adoration for penguins lol.

1. What's a food or dish that your parents/guardian never normally have cooked for you growing up, but its one of your favorite dishes now? (If you're a younger member still with their parents, you can say a restaurant or something you had a friends house)

2. What's a feature that the sim engine could use that would really help/benefit the league?

3. What song artist would you revive for one more concert?

On 8/1/2022 at 10:57 PM, kelvi said:

1. What's a food or dish that your parents/guardian never normally have cooked for you growing up, but its one of your favorite dishes now? (If you're a younger member still with their parents, you can say a restaurant or something you had a friends house)

Love a good shawarma. Some members of my family HATE garlic, so I didn't grow up with it--but I enjoy it myself.

2. What's a feature that the sim engine could use that would really help/benefit the league?

I think it would be cool to see forward positions being adjusted for playing out of position like we see with forwards vs. defense. If you're a center, you should (realistically) get more benefit from playing C than either of the wing positions. I don't think that it would help the league much, though--we'd probably just see more drama from that than anything else, so maybe it's good that we don't have it.

3. What song artist would you revive for one more concert?

The Grateful Dead. Never existed at the same time as Jerry Garcia, and some older members of the fanbase look down on the younger ones a bit for that. Plus, live shows of theirs were huge experiences back in the day (one even ended up in a special collection of the Library of Congress!) and I'd love to have the opportunity to see that happen.

1. I've officially forgotten to do the bracket challenge. Do you have any tasks (fantasy, predictions, anything capped) that you can never seem to remember?

2. Do you think your player has a shot at any awards this season?

3. What's your favorite historical moment?

5 hours ago, Gustav said:

1. I've officially forgotten to do the bracket challenge. Do you have any tasks (fantasy, predictions, anything capped) that you can never seem to remember?

2. Do you think your player has a shot at any awards this season?

3. What's your favorite historical moment?

I for the life of me cannot remember to do trivia each week!

Pearce fell short this season but I think will have a decent chance in the next of further upcoming seasons.

I'm intrigued by history actually and I wouldn't say it's my favorite because I've never thought about having one but the french revolution is a good one.

1. What are some essential things you would need if you built your own stadium for any sport?

2. What is one team you can never imagine winning a championship (VHL or IRL)

3. What kind of documentaries are your favorite to watch?

18 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

I for the life of me cannot remember to do trivia each week!

Pearce fell short this season but I think will have a decent chance in the next of further upcoming seasons.

I'm intrigued by history actually and I wouldn't say it's my favorite because I've never thought about having one but the french revolution is a good one.

1. What are some essential things you would need if you built your own stadium for any sport?

2. What is one team you can never imagine winning a championship (VHL or IRL)

3. What kind of documentaries are your favorite to watch?

1. Definitely would need an organist. Rest in peace, Willy Joosen. I love the personality and energy a live organist brings. Another arena staple would be food stands, I get hungry easily. Mascots are great and I think they can help pump out the crowd. And finally, specifically for hockey, I would LOVE more stylized arenas. I'm not talking painting ice solid colours and whole zones but stuff like team related patterns on center ice and blue ice. Just think it'd be neat.

2. One team that I can never imagine winning a championship is Buffalo. I feel for their fans, especially considering the Flames' rocky offseason start. Knowing they've gone through that for years is rough. The Sabres just seem cursed; from No Goals 1 and 2 to Eichel leaving.

3. Some of my favourite to watch are actually medical documentaries. It's always interesting to see how doctors think and the unexpected challenges that come with the profession.

----

1. If you had to wear one of these notoriously bad jerseys, would you rather wear the Dallas Stars' Mooterus or the Nashville Predators' Mustard jersey?

2. Say you have a time machine and can bring teams from any era. If you could choose any two teams from any time (they can be from different seasons) to face off in a Stanley Cup Final, who would you choose?

3. What is one of your favourite VHL memories?

1. If you had to wear one of these notoriously bad jerseys, would you rather wear the Dallas Stars' Mooterus or the Nashville Predators' Mustard jersey?

Wow I had forgotten about that Star's jersey, but I would go with the Predators Mustard Jersey.

2. Say you have a time machine and can bring teams from any era. If you could choose any two teams from any time (they can be from different seasons) to face off in a Stanley Cup Final, who would you choose?

I'm not a hockey historian so this may not be the most crazy thing, but I would take this Avs team that just won the cup and have them play against the previous Avs team to win the cup.

3. What is one of your favorite VHL memories?

Probably winning the cup with the Wolves in S74, locker room was good that season and its been my first and only cup so far.

1. We are nearing the end of the second season with the Hybrid attribute system.  How are you feeling about it?

2. It's playoff time!  Who is going to beat Moscow in the finals this season and how are they going to do it?

3. How many standard sized tacos do you think you could eat in 1 sitting?

9 hours ago, Garsh said:

1. We are nearing the end of the second season with the Hybrid attribute system.  How are you feeling about it?

2. It's playoff time!  Who is going to beat Moscow in the finals this season and how are they going to do it?

3. How many standard sized tacos do you think you could eat in 1 sitting?

1. I think the change has been an overall very positive one for the health and sustainability of the league. Although players are still going for similar build-styles (high SC / DF), we are definitely seeing more variance and realistic scoring totals now.

2. I believe in gold and black. Moscow vs DC in the finals and Moscow takes it in 7... I hope *prays*

3. Hard shell? I'd say 8 if I'm absolutely going for it.

Q:

1. Who do you think the 2 finals teams will be, and who is your prediction to win in the Finals?

2. What surprised you most about this past regular season?

3. Do you prefer camping or staying in a hotel? why?

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

1. Who do you think the 2 finals teams will be, and who is your prediction to win in the Finals?

2. What surprised you most about this past regular season?

3. Do you prefer camping or staying in a hotel? why?

A Moscow and Seattle rematch would be good but with Moscow's tendencies they'll lose it again to Seattle.

How bad London turned out performance wise, I didn't expect much but it was much worse that I thought it'd be.

It depends on the type of camping, I could go glamping with my family, but if it was camping camping I'd rather do it by myself.

1. Do you prefer to earn early or later in the week?

2. Did your wildcard round predictions pan out to what you thought they'd be?

3. Do you plan on watching the JST that's going on this offseason?

4 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

1. Do you prefer to earn early or later in the week?

2. Did your wildcard round predictions pan out to what you thought they'd be?

3. Do you plan on watching the JST that's going on this offseason?

1. I prefer to earn early on to make sure I get It done and If I'm not up for It I earn throughout the week or the next day
2. Well I didn't have predictions and really the only focus I have Is on Seattle.
3. We shall see, just depends on my activity and timing to watch It.

1. How did your player perform this season? Was It good or bad?
2. Do you love your current team or feel free agency Is calling your name?
3. What's your favorite part of the VHL Playoffs, Offseason, Trades etc.?

4 hours ago, dustywilson22 said:

1. How did your player perform this season? Was It good or bad?

Depends how you look at it. Given LA's lack of production as a whole, Vandelay couldn't have been expected to do well. I did have some good moments and I did manage to steal some wins from some teams, so I'll take it.

2. Do you love your current team or feel free agency Is calling your name?

Too early to tell. As a goalie in the current goalie market, I might be forced to stick with LA whether I like it or not--but I have no complaints so far and would be happy to keep myself in town if we're competitive in a reasonable amount of time.

3. What's your favorite part of the VHL Playoffs, Offseason, Trades etc.?

Writing mock drafts, if I have the time for them! They're always some of my best, most readable articles and I know people enjoy seeing where they might end up.

1. In just a couple short seasons, the VHL will be absolutely overflowing with goalies. What's your proposed solution to the issue?

2. What's something you DON'T like about the VHL?

3. Have you ever moved somewhere else? If so, what was your experience like, and do you have any general advice for it? If not, where would you move if given the opportunity to go anywhere? 

AnSwErS

1. Start making them play another position, no choice

2. People that don't like to have fun

3. Nope. Been to Toronto and Montreal that's it.. Always lived in the same spot. Sweden for sure

QuEsTiOnS

1. Name a time you've went to a VHL game but as a spectator, how did your spend your time?

2. Name a bad VHL team now that you have a feeling will be a dynasty in the future

3. Name a board game that relates to hockey in anyway and the reasoning 

3 hours ago, Frozen Block said:

QuEsTiOnS

1. Name a time you've went to a VHL game but as a spectator, how did your spend your time? Many times, scouting and eating popcorn like this! Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

2. Name a bad VHL team now that you have a feeling will be a dynasty in the future Prague has a ton of picks and a really promising future, could easily see them becoming a dynasty.

3. Name a board game that relates to hockey in anyway and the reasoning 

Going with an off the board pick and saying monopoly. Just like the business side of hockey, you can develop, trade and more. 

3 Q’s

1. Where does Kadri sign? Will it be with the Islanders? 
2. With the many off-season VHL tournaments starting up again, which one are you most looking forward to? 
3. What city, that your player has played in, has the most attractions, in your opinion? 

On 8/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, JB123 said:

3 Q’s

1. Where does Kadri sign? Will it be with the Islanders? 
2. With the many off-season VHL tournaments starting up again, which one are you most looking forward to? 
3. What city, that your player has played in, has the most attractions, in your opinion? 

1. Hope so. A Devils fan, but live on the Island and friends would be happy.

2. I don’t really follow in the off-season.

3. D.C. Being my nation’s capital, just so much history to explore.

3 Qs

1. What NHL city would you most like to live in?

2. How many real life years have you spent in the VHL?

3. When is the last time you traveled by train?

20 hours ago, KC15 said:

1. Hope so. A Devils fan, but live on the Island and friends would be happy.

2. I don’t really follow in the off-season.

3. D.C. Being my nation’s capital, just so much history to explore.

3 Qs

1. What NHL city would you most like to live in?

2. How many real life years have you spent in the VHL?

3. When is the last time you traveled by train?

1. That'd have to be Washington as I am a Caps fan.

2. 1.75 now, but we're getting very close to 2 now!

3. That'd be 5 years ago from Atlanta to Washington via Amtrak.

1. What's your least favorite fast food restaurant and why?

2. What made you stick around here in the VHL, or, if you're a newer member, what made you join?

3. What's the best dish you've ever had with chicken in it?

Edited by NSG

1 hour ago, NSG said:

1. What's your least favorite fast food restaurant and why?

So this is a long story because I grew up with food allergies and went most of my life having never tried the vast majority of fast food places. When I suddenly magically became un-allergic (it happens sometimes and I was one of the lucky ones) I used to like McDonald's. There was one right next to the store I worked at and I'd go there a lot.

Then I started going to the OTHER fast food place next to my store (local chain) and realized how garbage McDonald's is. I've been to a good handful of others since and ALL have been higher quality for a comparable (sometimes) price. I'd rather spend like $1.50 extra and get more, better food than whatever they're passing off as a burger.

1 hour ago, NSG said:

2. What made you stick around here in the VHL, or, if you're a newer member, what made you join?

"Community" is the sunshiney, fake answer and that's true to some extent. Realistically, I'd say it just takes "something to do" to a whole new level--I already obsess over sports, so why not do it in a place where that's appreciated?

1 hour ago, NSG said:

3. What's the best dish you've ever had with chicken in it?

You don't know Buffalo wings until you've gone to a specific place in my hometown (I'd say which but I'd be doxxing myself). You'll never look at pizza place wings the same way again.

1. Town of Salem, Town of Pallet, when will it end? What's your idea for a fun game we can play on the forum, whether related to the VHL or not?

2. With the offseason coming up on us, what do you plan to do to keep things interesting?

3. You have a bad reaction to some medication and your skin turns bright green. What changes in the way you live your life?

7 hours ago, Gustav said:

1. Town of Salem, Town of Pallet, when will it end? What's your idea for a fun game we can play on the forum, whether related to the VHL or not?

2. With the offseason coming up on us, what do you plan to do to keep things interesting?

3. You have a bad reaction to some medication and your skin turns bright green. What changes in the way you live your life?

1. That's actually a good question. I enjoyed Supremacy for a while, although most mini-games for me lose their fun factor after a while. Would be cool to have a VHL based online NHL GM sim league in FHL or something, although there aren't really enough teams for how much interest that would generate. Ideally it's a game that has not much barrier to enter, while also being great fun with lots of people. Minecraft was an excellent idea, even though I don't play it.

2. Being involved in Moscow's advisor team makes the off-season a lot more exciting. Helping scout draft picks, and think of ways to make the team better are what make the off-season fun for me. Also, grinding that sweet sweet TPE to make my player the best he can possibly be, always a good time.

3. Get super jacked and become IRL incredible Hulk. Create an Instagram and get famous for it. EZ money!

Q:

1. What's your favorite fast food restaurant, and do you have a go-to meal that you usually get every time when ordering? 

2. Do you have plans to create a player after your existing player? Do you have a position / name in mind already?

3. What is your favorite logo in the VHL / E / M?

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

1. That's actually a good question. I enjoyed Supremacy for a while, although most mini-games for me lose their fun factor after a while. Would be cool to have a VHL based online NHL GM sim league in FHL or something, although there aren't really enough teams for how much interest that would generate. Ideally it's a game that has not much barrier to enter, while also being great fun with lots of people. Minecraft was an excellent idea, even though I don't play it.

2. Being involved in Moscow's advisor team makes the off-season a lot more exciting. Helping scout draft picks, and think of ways to make the team better are what make the off-season fun for me. Also, grinding that sweet sweet TPE to make my player the best he can possibly be, always a good time.

3. Get super jacked and become IRL incredible Hulk. Create an Instagram and get famous for it. EZ money!

Q:

1. What's your favorite fast food restaurant, and do you have a go-to meal that you usually get every time when ordering? 

2. Do you have plans to create a player after your existing player? Do you have a position / name in mind already?

3. What is your favorite logo in the VHL / E / M?

1. It's a tough choice between Cookout and Culver's (which are right next to each other in my town) but I think I'd go with the former. My go-to is the Out West Burger combo with sides of a cajun chicken wrap, bacon wrap, and Cheerwine.

2. Honestly, we'll figure that out when I get to retirement, it depends on how much time I have at that point. If/when I do, though, Imma have a defenseman by the name of Henry Tucker III.

3. I think Malmo is my favorite in the VHL (the VHL has probably the weakest crop of logos), Rome is the best in the E (which has some awesome logos), and the Reapers take the W in the M. 

1. What's the most meaningful song lyric you've ever heard and why?

2. This year's MLB Draft was the last draft without a lottery (so the worst tea record-wise was guaranteed 1st), what are your thoughts about an MLB draft lotto?

3. Which VHL/M/E team has the most forgettable team name and why?

14 hours ago, NSG said:

1. It's a tough choice between Cookout and Culver's (which are right next to each other in my town) but I think I'd go with the former. My go-to is the Out West Burger combo with sides of a cajun chicken wrap, bacon wrap, and Cheerwine.

2. Honestly, we'll figure that out when I get to retirement, it depends on how much time I have at that point. If/when I do, though, Imma have a defenseman by the name of Henry Tucker III.

3. I think Malmo is my favorite in the VHL (the VHL has probably the weakest crop of logos), Rome is the best in the E (which has some awesome logos), and the Reapers take the W in the M. 

1. What's the most meaningful song lyric you've ever heard and why?

2. This year's MLB Draft was the last draft without a lottery (so the worst tea record-wise was guaranteed 1st), what are your thoughts about an MLB draft lotto?

3. Which VHL/M/E team has the most forgettable team name and why?

1. Oh geez. That would have to be the opening lines from Mount Eerie's "Real Death". "Death is real. Someone's there and then they're not." The song is about the about the recent passing of the singer's wife and just reading the opening lines nearly has me in tears.

2. I'm quite torn on this. I don't know the details of the MLB lottery but I don't think I like the way the NHL does it. I would like to see the 1st pick going to a bottom 3 team, with odds quite in favor of last place.

3. I'd say the Menace. I don't know, I'm just not a fan of it I guess.

1. Have you been watching the "IRL" 2022 World Juniors? Why or why not?

2. I'm new! Any advice for someone just getting started with VHL?

3. Which VHL team would you like to see in the NHL?

Edited by Bobcat

8 hours ago, Bobcat said:

1. Oh geez. That would have to be the opening lines from Mount Eerie's "Real Death". "Death is real. Someone's there and then they're not." The song is about the about the recent passing of the singer's wife and just reading the opening lines nearly has me in tears.

2. I'm quite torn on this. I don't know the details of the MLB lottery but I don't think I like the way the NHL does it. I would like to see the 1st pick going to a bottom 3 team, with odds quite in favor of last place.

3. I'd say the Menace. I don't know, I'm just not a fan of it I guess.

1. Have you been watching the "IRL" 2022 World Juniors? Why or why not?

2. I'm new! Any advice for someone just getting started with VHL?

3. Which VHL team would you like to see in the NHL?

1. I have actually! Really interested in the connor bedard hype train. But mason mctavish has really caught my eye this year too !

2. ask questions and join the discords when invited, get involved with the community!

3.  London would be cool honestly 

1. what NHL team has had the best off season this year? And why ?

2. the S85 Draft is coming up , would you rather pick a overhyped guy or a sleeper that’s kinda went under the radar ?

3. what is one goal you’d like to accomplish in S85 ?

43 minutes ago, l1l KRZY l9l said:

1. I have actually! Really interested in the connor bedard hype train. But mason mctavish has really caught my eye this year too !

2. ask questions and join the discords when invited, get involved with the community!

3.  London would be cool honestly 

1. what NHL team has had the best off season this year? And why ?

2. the S85 Draft is coming up , would you rather pick a overhyped guy or a sleeper that’s kinda went under the radar ?

3. what is one goal you’d like to accomplish in S85 ?

1) Not a fan but I think Detroit did really well this off-season. Looks like they will be ready to compete this year. Lots of good experience playoff pickups

2) I always like the sleepers as for a GM its more rewarding picking someone that develops into a great player that maybe another GM missed.

3)My goal for S85 is to attempt to stay in the VHL my draft season. It will all come down to which team drafts me and their needs but should be doable.

1) What has been your players biggest highlight so far in his career?

2) If you could manage any team in the VHL, VHLE or VHLM who would you like to manage and why?

3) How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

1 - Lots of hits and shot blocks pre-VHL.

2 - None of them. I'm well past my management prime.

3 - ...seven? eight? The real question is about the motivation of the woodchuck.

Q1 - Did you know that a woodchuck and a groundhog are the same thing?

Q2 - How's the day treating you so far?

Q3 - We're now into this hybrid attribute thing for realsies. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, der meister said:

Q1 - Did you know that a woodchuck and a groundhog are the same thing?

Q2 - How's the day treating you so far?

Q3 - We're now into this hybrid attribute thing for realsies. Thoughts?

Q1 - I've always heard them used interchangably, so I kinda just assumed they were the same thing. But did you ever think ground chuck was actually a woodchuck??

Q2 - Pretty great!! Was at a party my bosses were holding, and had a great time. Kiddo had a fantastic time as well and made some new friends too!

Q3 - I feel like it's working out pretty well. Stats seem about on par, but you don't see teams cheesing it with low cost teams and builds. Always felt like the teams that got to the top deserved to be there, ya know?

Q1: How long will it be before EA makes a good NHL game again?

Q2: What member of the VHL provides the most entertainment to you?

Q3: What VHL player do you think should be awesome, but just isn't?

Q1: How long will it be before EA makes a good NHL game again?

The year there is threat of competition will be the year they start really improving the game

Q2: What member of the VHL provides the most entertainment to you?

I don't really find any specific member entertaining honestly.

Q3: What VHL player do you think should be awesome, but just isn't?

Brendan Marner, he should be much more awesome than he is showing.

Who do you have winning the VHL final?

Was there any shocking series in this playoffs?

Who do you think is the most underrated/overlooked NHL team with this upcoming season?