Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

1. What is one thing you are actively trying to get better at? (RP or IRL your choice)

I plan on improving my discipline and possibly leadership in the off season. I’m going into my last season, so it might be tough to get better at some of the skills. IRL, I’m trying to get better at allowing myself to feel emotion rather than revert to my childhood defense mechanisms of stifling every emotion due to some misguided concept that expression emotions was a bad thing.

2. Do you like art? Are you good at art? Do you enjoy the act of making art even if you are not good at it?

In the concept that everything is art, I love art because art exists everywhere all the time and that’s a really beautiful concept. From the lens of what’s classicly considerd art, like paintings and whatnot, I do like it, but I don’t know much about it and I am terrible at it.

3. What is your favorite thing to do. The thing that you don't need any encouragement to do?

I guess playing games of various sorts, video, board, made up games.

1)      What are your off-season plans?

2)      The VHL Heavyweight Championship Belt is back. What are your thoughts?

3)      Describe the most perfect weather possible for you.

1)      What are your off-season plans?

I always just like to kick back and enjoy some family time back in France.

2)      The VHL Heavyweight Championship Belt is back. What are your thoughts?

I have none.  Don't even know what that is.

3)      Describe the most perfect weather possible for you.

68-70 F with a slight breeze and clear blue skies.

1.  Do you prefer winter with hockey season or summer with the warm temps?

2. Who is the greatest hockey player of all time?

3.  Are you watching the NFL playoffs and do you have a favorite team?

1.  Do you prefer winter with hockey season or summer with the warm temps?

I like Fall and Spring better than both. I've never been a fan of hot weather, and I'm sick to death of driving in snow and not being able to warm up.

2. Who is the greatest hockey player of all time?

Gretz, Hasek, Lemieux - in that order.

3.  Are you watching the NFL playoffs and do you have a favorite team?

Nope, but I'm a Buffalo kid and will watch the Super Bowl if they're in it. 

1 - How's the weather in your neck of the woods this week?

2 - Favorite video game, both all-time and at the moment.

3 - Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? Have you been able to stick to them?

1 - How's the weather in your neck of the woods this week?

Actually not bad for the upper Midwest, some snow on Friday but it cleared out nicely. Will get near 0 F but I don't really need to leave my house anyway.

2 - Favorite video game, both all-time and at the moment.

Currently, been going into the back catalogs for some Civilization VI. Might end up sinking another 50 hours into that game. I could argue that's my pick too, though if I'm being honest I've played more NCAA Football 13 than anything - here's to hoping they make them again.

3 - Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? Have you been able to stick to them?

Not really this year, especially since I've actually been pretty good about exercising regularly and eating decently during the pandemic. I'd like to read more this year, but that's more a hope than a firm resolution.

Questions:

1. Is there one food you could eat every meal for a week, and what is it?

2. What's your biggest goal for your player this upcoming season?

3. If you could attend a playoff game in a stadium other than your favorite team's, where would you like to go?

14 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

1. Is there one food you could eat every meal for a week, and what is it?

2. What's your biggest goal for your player this upcoming season?

3. If you could attend a playoff game in a stadium other than your favorite team's, where would you like to go?

1. I'd get sick of eating the same thing over and over but if you'd force me to do it I'd probably choose spaguetti

2. My biggest goal for my player this season is the bank as much TPE as possible to stay at the top of my draft class.

3. Probably Las Vegas, the vibe there seems awesome, they make a pretty big show.

Questions:

1. What do you think of VHL rivalries? Would you like it to be more of a thing?

2. Still on the rivalry topic, who is your biggest rival as a player?

3. What is your biggest 2022 hype? (game, movie, album, series, book...)

7 hours ago, Dom said:

1. I'd get sick of eating the same thing over and over but if you'd force me to do it I'd probably choose spaguetti

2. My biggest goal for my player this season is the bank as much TPE as possible to stay at the top of my draft class.

3. Probably Las Vegas, the vibe there seems awesome, they make a pretty big show.

Questions:

1.) Absolutely Rivalries should be a think! As long as it doesn’t get out of hand, rivalries are an important part of competition.

2.) My current player Reylynn Reinhart doesn’t actually have any rivalries which is kind of sad actually.

3.) The Endemic. The end of this stupid pandemic. Hopefully this is the year!

Questions:

1) Wolves are back to back Champions! How do you feel about that? Which team were you rooting for?

2) Davos just hired on a new GM, is Alex going to turn this franchise around?

3) What is your favourite sitcom and why?

6 hours ago, WranglersSuck said:

1) Wolves are back to back Champions! How do you feel about that? Which team were you rooting for?

I'm always rooting for MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW, but seriously i dont know if meta-ing should be allowed and to what extent it should be allowed

2) Davos just hired on a new GM, is Alex going to turn this franchise around?

I'm not sure who will be lol, but all the best luck to him

3) What is your favourite sitcom and why?

If arrested development counts definitely that, it's just so funny.

1. What are your goals for your player in the next season?

2. If you could expand the VHL/E/M to 3 new cities, one for each where would they be?

3. If you could make a travel plan going from place to place for 3 weeks, free of charge where would it be?

On 1/18/2022 at 8:07 AM, GrittyIsKing said:

1. What are your goals for your player in the next season?

2. If you could expand the VHL/E/M to 3 new cities, one for each where would they be?

3. If you could make a travel plan going from place to place for 3 weeks, free of charge where would it be?

1. My goals for my player is to be a key player on malmo, I want to hit that 120 point mark, and would really like to get a cup with the remaining players of the team, I think that malmo has that chance just need to make it to the finals.

2. do to being a bruins fan for the VHL a Boston team

and for the E Manchester city the UK would make a great place for a second team with in all three leagues, plus they have a great sports fan base their. 

for the M I think a team in Quebec City would be cool,

3. I would get a VIP access with the bruins going city to city with them, locker room access, watching every game, and a jersey signed by each player

Questions

1. How did you find the VHL, whats you favorite part, what is the biggest reason you stayed?

2.What NHL team wins the Stanley cup?(If you dont follow the NHL, then what VHL team wins the cup?)

3. with all the draft hype what team would you like to be drafted by the most(And if already drafted if you could go back in time and pick the team who drafts you who would it be)

On 1/19/2022 at 9:34 AM, Minion said:

1. How did you find the VHL, whats you favorite part, what is the biggest reason you stayed?
I found the VHL via the Canucks Discussion Forums and I was bored at work one day and decided id give it a shot. I made an account saw how much work it was and then left. Tagger sent me a dm on the forums a couple weeks later asking if he could help and it emailed me. I saw the email came back and he got me learnt. Community was a large part of me staying. 

2.What NHL team wins the Stanley cup?(If you dont follow the NHL, then what VHL team wins the cup?)
Canucks obv. In all seriousness one of the Florida teams will most likely take the cup they are just so damn good and can beat anyone any night.

3. with all the draft hype what team would you like to be drafted by the most(And if already drafted if you could go back in time and pick the team who drafts you who would it be)
I don't really care where I play as a player. I just want to be a good player and RP as a draft pick that surprises and exceeds all expectations. 

1. Where is your player from and do they want to ever play for a city or town close to them?
2. If you could change one thing in the VHL what would it be?
3. If you had to roommate with any member in the VHL who would it be and why?

32 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

1. Where is your player from and do they want to ever play for a city or town close to them?

Japan! There are hockey teams in Japan, so maybe Taro will end up doing the old "play somewhere overseas when you're old and washed up" thing.

33 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

2. If you could change one thing in the VHL what would it be?

We must eradicate the horny

34 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

3. If you had to roommate with any member in the VHL who would it be and why?

I'm not sure, probably someone else in college because living two completely different ways would be a bit strange. Possibly Dil? I'm drawing a blank on who's in that category at the moment.

1. What's your "secret ingredient" when you cook?

2. Why do you use this thread? Is your team unreliable in getting their own questions up, or do you just like the format?

3. If you could bring any member back from inactivity, who would it be?

18 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. What's your "secret ingredient" when you cook?

I'd say it's thyme and garlic.

19 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

2. Why do you use this thread? Is your team unreliable in getting their own questions up, or do you just like the format?

I'm not patient enough to wait for press conferences if they aren't available early in the week.

19 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

3. If you could bring any member back from inactivity, who would it be?

My meme answer = F1F. My real answer is @Juice, I wish he was as active as he used to be. I miss him.

1. What is your favorite thing about the VHL?

2. If you could take one member and start your own league, who would it be and why?

3. When was the last time you went to hockey game?

2 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

2. If you could take one member and start your own league, who would it be and why?

1. Probably the community. It always feels so welcoming even if you pop in and out and id easily say I got some pals for life from here.

2. I'd take @dlamb and make a similar hockey league as VHL, but using EHM and using regular NHL (with less teams for balancing). Players get drafted from junior teams and the NHL teams get the choice to keep them up or send them to the AHL so similar to the VHLM + VHLE + VHL style, but still feeling like the NHL/AHL is one org rather than two fully separate.

And then I win 4 cups in a row again 😎

3. Yesterday and seeing the oilers get stomped to oblivion ( shoutout to @rory for the "we want 10" chant) by Florida. The agony of oilers fans fuels me.

-----

1. Name 1 food that shocks you that people say they like, as well as one that you like that shocks others when you tell them?

2. Who do you think is an underrated VHL member that you want to give a shoutout to?

3. What's your go-to "I can watch this anytime and anywhere" movie?

On 1/17/2022 at 4:12 PM, Dom said:

1. I think it is a great thing but hard to do, you need a rival who is equal or close to equal to you who also has a good sense of humor and is fun to be around. b/c to me a good rivalry pushes both people to their best. In theory this is great but its hard b/c each person can only do so much in terms of their player and then STH comes in and messes everything up.

2. I don't really have one with Asher outside of maybe Paul Atreides who is similar position tpe and draft as me but since he joined a team that was not great with someone else who was also super great their rookie season was better than mine then they had a built in power partner who was simlair to them and complemented them but in reality its hard to compare my player to them. but its fun to see what would have happened if i got a Duncan Idaho since my rookie season.

3. Trying to live my best life. I have coasted sometimes, I have been depressed for a while, and I have not done a lot to do about it for years but no more. I am taking control and doing what I want to do. 2022 there are no excuses.

Questions:

1. What are you working on getting better at (irl, rp)?

2. What do you think is the most important thing you need to do right now for your mental?

3. What do you think will come of this year for you, what do you want to do to make it better?

1. What are you working on getting better at (irl, rp)?

As is known by most folks, I've been having therapy sessions since last year to improve my lack of trust on others. I'm also working out four times a week at the local gym.

2. What do you think is the most important thing you need to do right now for your mental?

Personally? Just focus on improving myself at every corner.

3. What do you think will come of this year for you, what do you want to do to make it better?

I'd love to get a job, having a source of income.

We're almost done with January. How was your month so far?

Do you have plans for February?

What's your favourite thing about your team?

We're almost done with January. How was your month so far?

Not bad really.  Super sick of this pandemic, but taking precautions and moving on with life.

Do you have plans for February?

Yes!  Short trip to France!  Part of that "moving on" described above.  (And yes, fully vaxxed an boosted.)

What's your favourite thing about your team?

Ahma

1.  What is the best name you have ever heard for a dog?

2.  What might make the fan's experience of the NHL even better?

3.  Do you have a favorite bird?  What is it?

1.  What is the best name you have ever heard for a dog?

My wife really wanted a dog whose ears perk up and name it "Radar", might still do it one day. Also had a friend growing up who named his dog "Puppy Dog," really appreciate the straightforward nature.

2.  What might make the fan's experience of the NHL even better?

Honestly, ticket prices. Hockey grabs you so much more in person than on TV, but you're pricing out a whole section of fans by costing an arm and a leg to watch.

3.  Do you have a favorite bird?  What is it?

I saw a toucan live in the wild when I visited Costa Rica last year, that was really cool. Also a fan of penguins, they're just silly.

Questions:

1. Are you looking forward to Season 82?

2. What's your favorite hockey mascot?

3. What's an outdoor location where you'd like to see a hockey game that they haven't tried yet?

1 hour ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Questions:

1. Are you looking forward to Season 82?

2. What's your favorite hockey mascot?

3. What's an outdoor location where you'd like to see a hockey game that they haven't tried yet?

1. Yeah for sure but I also enjoy off-season to be honest.

2. I'd say Gritty, the flyers really went over the top with this one.

3. I don't really know where they didn't try but I'd say Banff even though it probably already been done.

Questions:

1. Early predictions! Top team in the NA and top team in EU for the S82?

2. What was the biggest surprise in the last draft?

3. This is the final season of the huge S75 draft class, who has been the very best player from that draft class so far?

23 hours ago, Dom said:

Questions:

1. Early predictions! Top team in the NA and top team in EU for the S82?

Seattle for NA and Moscow for EU

2. What was the biggest surprise in the last draft?
Id say that Rory infact falling as far as they did is surprising. I thought someone was going to take a shot in the dark late first round.

3. This is the final season of the huge S75 draft class, who has been the very best player from that draft class so far?
Rasputin probably but they were a gm auto pick. Having close to a career .920 save % is very impressive

Questions:
1. What has been the biggest trade of the off-season so far?
2. Do you have any plans for your next players name or build? 
3. Marry, Fuck, Kill ice cream flavors!

1 - The one where that team got that guy.

2 - I just recreated so not yet.

3 - F - chocolate peanut butter swirl 

M - Cookies and cream

K - Strawberry

1 - how are you doing with regard to surviving covid?

2 - what are your expectations for your player this season 

3 - F, M, K breakfast items:

On 1/21/2022 at 11:18 AM, thadthrasher said:

1. The people, at the end of the day the activity is nice but the people are what keep me around.

2. Acydburn, because hes awesome.

3. 3 years ago pre-covid. been too long

Questions: 

1. How do you measure success?

2. When life gives you lemons what do you make?

3. What games do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

4 hours ago, rjfryman said:

Questions: 

1. How do you measure success?

2. When life gives you lemons what do you make?

3. What games do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

1. joy and the people I meet along the way

2. lemonade, then add some iced team (really good, 100% recommend)

3. I'm a big fan of board games, recently been playing Terraforming Mars when I can.

Questions:

1. What team is your way too early Continental Cup champion?

2. What VHL team had the best offseason and why?

3. What was your favourite part of last season?

17 hours ago, Alex said:

1. joy and the people I meet along the way

2. lemonade, then add some iced team (really good, 100% recommend)

3. I'm a big fan of board games, recently been playing Terraforming Mars when I can.

Questions:

1. What team is your way too early Continental Cup champion?

2. What VHL team had the best offseason and why?

3. What was your favourite part of last season?

1) I am going to be completely biased and say the Calgary Wranglers! 
2) A couple teams impressed me. Davos cleaning house and getting a nice haul was good. Malmo made some nice moves to improve and Calgary too.

3) We won a playoff series hahah. Always feels good to take down the bears and pushed team Meta to 7 games. It was fun.

Questions:

1) Do you think VHLM GM of the year award should be given to the GM who has the best Retention? 
2) What would you do to improve retention of new VHL members?

3) Aside from hockey what is your favourite sport and which team do you cheer for?

8 hours ago, WranglersSuck said:

1) I am going to be completely biased and say the Calgary Wranglers! 
2) A couple teams impressed me. Davos cleaning house and getting a nice haul was good. Malmo made some nice moves to improve and Calgary too.

3) We won a playoff series hahah. Always feels good to take down the bears and pushed team Meta to 7 games. It was fun.

Questions:

1) Do you think VHLM GM of the year award should be given to the GM who has the best Retention? 
2) What would you do to improve retention of new VHL members?

3) Aside from hockey what is your favourite sport and which team do you cheer for?

1.) I think personally the GMOTY award should go to the GM who is able to prepare the new bloods/RCs for their future. While also managing a successful season with wins and such, etc. 

2.) Honestly, I think the way the league is now personally a great way to get new people involved. 

3.) I'd say Football. I'm a huge Green Bay Packer fan. 

Questions: 

1.) If you could pick any other position that you would want to play other than your current, what would it be? 

2.) What was the moment you knew that Hockey was the sport for you? 

3.)  What is one thing that sets you apart from other talents in the league?

1. Probably slip back to defense. Never quite liked being a goalie in any sport

2. Growing up my dad always watched hockey, he also coached most of my relatives in hockey that played so i was always around it.

3. quite honestly nothin.

a. had a rather nice day weather wise today, hows the weather where you live?

b. Whats a show you're currently into? what's it about?

c. no limits on money, wheres your dream vacation at?

a. had a rather nice day weather wise today, hows the weather where you live?

Couple of days ago we got about 2 feet of snow.  Now it's warming up to almost above freezing.

b. Whats a show you're currently into? what's it about?

Not watching a lot of TV lately, but finished first season of The Last Kingdom about 3 weeks ago.  Historical fiction about the Kingdom of Wessex and Alfred the Great, but really focusing on an English lord turned Dane turned English(?).

c. no limits on money, wheres your dream vacation at?

Either Wales or France - regardless of whether I have a lot to spend or only a little.

1. How many different languages do you speak?  Which?
  2. Do you have a favorite pet you've shared your life with?
  3. What is your favorite part of your home state, province or region?  Why?