Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

On 6/1/2022 at 1:01 AM, Brandon said:

1. Definitely bad numbers in a good locker room, the lockerroom is where most of the fun is had!

2. Definitely the 'look at all those chickens' meme --> 

3. v2, a blast from the past back to Season 5.

Questions:

1. Do you have any plans for the upcoming summer?

2. Are you happy with how your player is progressing?

3. What is your favorite dessert? 

1. Just to work mainly, and I have a week long trip that I'm going on in July.

2. Yes, I'm a second year player whos over a career PPG and doing pretty good in the playoffs right now. I just wish I could improve slightly, especially on my hitting and shot blocking.

3. I don't eat much dessert but I like those little colored mints you get sometimes. The ones that come in green, white, blue and red. 

1. If you could play in any era of the VHL when would you choose?

2. It's been a few seasons since the VHLE was introduced, what are your thoughts on it as a whole.

3. Who's gonna win all the finals this season?

On 6/3/2022 at 4:39 PM, Hogan said:

1. If you could play in any era of the VHL when would you choose?

2. It's been a few seasons since the VHLE was introduced, what are your thoughts on it as a whole.

3. Who's gonna win all the finals this season?

The start of the VHL because why not.

It's a great league and I'm not at all obligated to say such because I am a gm for it.

Moscow sadly

Have the McDavid v Mackinnon and Vasilevsky v Shesterkin matchups lived up to the hype?

Does it bother you when sims are extremely late at night?

What video game would you be most likely to go pro in?

1 hour ago, N0HBDY said:

Have the McDavid v Mackinnon and Vasilevsky v Shesterkin matchups lived up to the hype?

Does it bother you when sims are extremely late at night?

What video game would you be most likely to go pro in?

1. I haven't been watching these rounds of the playoffs due to work. I do think the Oilers v Avs series has been more one sided than expected

2. No as I usually just look at the most recent sims first thing in the morning.

3. Probably Monopoly the Video game, every game I am extremely mediocre in.

Q1. Who is the Connor McDavid of the VHL

Q2. Who should get the London GM job

Q3. Do you agree that the London Logo needs to be updated, or do you like it how it is

2 hours ago, Berocka said:

Q1. Who is the Connor McDavid of the VHL

I would have to say at the moment maybe Paul Atreides is the closest thing we have.

Q2. Who should get the London GM job

I don't think I have a specific name but some new blood getting into the VHL as a general manager would be a good thing, someone who hasn't GMed before.

Q3. Do you agree that the London Logo needs to be updated, or do you like it how it is

I'm very meh on the London logo. Could it be re-designed to make it better? For sure. Do I think it is absolutely required right now? Nope.

1. Do you play video games? If you do what is your favourite of all time? 

2. Who is currently your favourite player in the VHL outside of your own?

3. If you had to choose one stat (Goals, assists, penalty minutes etc.) to lead the VHL in for a season, which would it be?

1 hour ago, JeffD said:

1. Do you play video games? If you do what is your favourite of all time? 

This is a tough one, but I have played Skyrim more than I want to admit. 

1 hour ago, JeffD said:

2. Who is currently your favourite player in the VHL outside of your own?

I don't know tons of VHL players so I will say my teammate in Warsaw and also from Bratislava Brian Payne, he's awesome. 

1 hour ago, JeffD said:

3. If you had to choose one stat (Goals, assists, penalty minutes etc.) to lead the VHL in for a season, which would it be?

Definitely goals, my player is a sniper so that'd be a lot of fun to lead the league. 

1. Currently in the NHL playoffs it looks like Colorado will make the finals, who would you rather see them play NY or Tampa? 

2. If your VHL player could be sponsored by a company or brand who would it be? 

3. What is your favorite music album of all time? 

20 minutes ago, Girts said:

1. Currently in the NHL playoffs it looks like Colorado will make the finals, who would you rather see them play NY or Tampa?

NY. Normally I'd be neutral but after the cap thing going down I don't want Tampa getting another chance.

20 minutes ago, Girts said:

2. If your VHL player could be sponsored by a company or brand who would it be?

Why, Vandelay Industries, of course!

23 minutes ago, Girts said:

3. What is your favorite music album of all time?

Oh no, you've gotten me started on music...

I find it really hard to compare albums across different genres, and I don't know if I have a single favorite. My profile picture is King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King (absolute masterpiece!), but if I have to pick one...

My opinion probably changes every time I try to think about it (and I had to stop myself from writing up a huge list of things that came to mind), but a special place in my heart will always be reserved for Herbie Hancock's Head Hunters

I'm one of those weirdos who still occasionally buys CDs, and I bought this at the bookstore in 2020 just a couple days before everything shut down. It was the last time I went somewhere for fun for a very long time, and it was also my last "something new" for that very long time. I ended up loving it and listening to it just about every day for a couple months to keep me sane while I was stuck in my house--and it's still just as good now as it was then. It also helped get me seriously into jazz, which was only kind of true before that point.

1. (If you see this before finals are over) do you want Seattle or Moscow to win? (If finals are over) what did you think of the finals? Was it everything you hoped it would be?

2. What is your least favorite movie of all time?

3. What's your favorite thing you own that doesn't cost a lot of money?

3 hours ago, Gustav said:

1. (If you see this before finals are over) do you want Seattle or Moscow to win? (If finals are over) what did you think of the finals? Was it everything you hoped it would be?

2. What is your least favorite movie of all time?

3. What's your favorite thing you own that doesn't cost a lot of money?

Somehow back in this thread a few hours after you again Gustav 😂

1. I really want Moscow to win. I'm hoping for a quick 4-0 so not one bullet of sweat will be dropped in the lockerroom. Although I have a feeling it will go to 6 or 7 games. Still predict Moscow to win, as I did in my pre-season predictions. Prayers.

2. That got me thinking, because if there is ever a movie that I don't like I just shut it off and switch it. So I had to think of something that I actually say through, which would probably the latest Jumanji movies.

3. I have this small yet slightly furry gorilla on my keychain that I've had for 10+ years. Super random, but I've always really liked it for some reason. It's the only thing on my keychain that isn't my keys / car fob

1. What is your favorite season of the year and why? (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)

2. Between the remaining teams in the NHL playoffs, who do you want to win? And who do you think will win?

3. What's your most common breakfast meal?

1. What is your favorite season of the year and why? (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)

Fall - where I live on Long Island, October is the most beautiful month of the year:  weather, quieter, perfect.

2. Between the remaining teams in the NHL playoffs, who do you want to win? And who do you think will win?

My money is on Tampa Bay, but I'd like to see Edmonton take it all.

Eggs with something: bacon, sausage, in an omelette...

1.  Favorite meal of the day and why? (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
2.  Favorite thing about where you live (your country, state, province, city - your choice)?

3.  Do you remember the Kansas City Scouts?

On 6/6/2022 at 11:54 AM, KC15 said:

Fall - where I live on Long Island, October is the most beautiful month of the year:  weather, quieter, perfect.

My money is on Tampa Bay, but I'd like to see Edmonton take it all.

Eggs with something: bacon, sausage, in an omelette...

1.  Favorite meal of the day and why? (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
2.  Favorite thing about where you live (your country, state, province, city - your choice)?

3.  Do you remember the Kansas City Scouts?

1. Breakfast because it's easy to make and always good

2. The hockey, so many rinks and places to train all summer

3. Oh jeez, I think so? I'm familiar with the name, but I haven't exactly done my research

1. If you were a world-famous celebrity, what would be your meme baby name?

2. If you were reincarnated as an object, what would that be?

3. What are your thoughts on Sepak Takraw? (Look it up, the first video should do the trick)

1. If you were a world-famous celebrity, what would be your meme baby name?

X Æ A-Xii would do the trick

2. If you were reincarnated as an object, what would that be?

A yummy Donut

3. What are your thoughts on Sepak Takraw? (Look it up, the first video should do the trick)

That's pretty crazy, but it would be crazier if they did it on skates.

1.   Where should the next VHL team be located, and what would you call it?

2.   Do you like the new STHS attribute system? 

3.   What music do you listen to before a game?

I'll say Buffalo and Glasgow, because there should be one in each conference. As for team names, I'm not sure for Buffalo, but I think Glasgow Pride is a badass name. 

I think I do, yeah. Better that than a full sim engine change, or worse, letting the meta remain in control.

Dark synthwave, cyberpunk stuff. Like Perturbator. 

1 - How's June treating you so far?

2 - What are your player's offseason plans?

3 - What's the last book you read?

Omfg this is twoce that as soon as I was gonna publish someone came in and made me start over. Fml

2 minutes ago, der meister said:

I'll say Buffalo and Glasgow, because there should be one in each conference. As for team names, I'm not sure for Buffalo, but I think Glasgow Pride is a badass name. 

I think I do, yeah. Better that than a full sim engine change, or worse, letting the meta remain in control.

Dark synthwave, cyberpunk stuff. Like Perturbator. 

1 - How's June treating you so far?

2 - What are your player's offseason plans?

3 - What's the last book you read?

1. It hasn't killed me, which is nice. Everybody I know seems to have gotten sick with something though, including myself (booster side effects)

2. Which one? Lol. Tucker's gonna finish his career in ProAm, while Tucker Jr. is gonna do that Junior Showcase thing.

3. "The Sun Also Rises" by Hemingway.

1. What's your favorite album and why?

2. Do you think your player will have a breakout season or not, and why?

3. The Continental Cup concluded in a dramatic Game 7. What's the most dramatic hockey game you've ever seen and, of course, why?

2 hours ago, NSG said:

1. What's your favorite album and why?

2. Do you think your player will have a breakout season or not, and why?

3. The Continental Cup concluded in a dramatic Game 7. What's the most dramatic hockey game you've ever seen and, of course, why?

1. Honestly it has to be "We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things." by Jason Mraz. I used to listen to that album on repeat as a kid, especially when I was playing video games after school. It just has a lot of nostalgia tied to it for me.

2. My player, Napoleon Dynamite, has had a pretty good two seasons in the VHL world. Well, really, like 1 season and a third of another. He's already won 2 cups, and has been the first star in both cup games. Let's hope his rookie season in the VHL is just as outstanding.

3. This previous season I was at a Flyers v Penguins game in Pittsburgh. Kris Letang scored a wraparound goal in OT that at first was missed but then was reviewed. It was determined to be a good goal and the Flyers fans were enraged as we all walked out. It was pretty dramatic for sure!

1. The summer is almost here (in the US), do you have any big plans these coming months?

2. Is your player and extrovert or an introvert? What do they do to be recharged?

3. How are you? Seriously, how are you doing?

21 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

1. Honestly it has to be "We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things." by Jason Mraz. I used to listen to that album on repeat as a kid, especially when I was playing video games after school. It just has a lot of nostalgia tied to it for me.

2. My player, Napoleon Dynamite, has had a pretty good two seasons in the VHL world. Well, really, like 1 season and a third of another. He's already won 2 cups, and has been the first star in both cup games. Let's hope his rookie season in the VHL is just as outstanding.

3. This previous season I was at a Flyers v Penguins game in Pittsburgh. Kris Letang scored a wraparound goal in OT that at first was missed but then was reviewed. It was determined to be a good goal and the Flyers fans were enraged as we all walked out. It was pretty dramatic for sure!

1. The summer is almost here (in the US), do you have any big plans these coming months?

2. Is your player and extrovert or an introvert? What do they do to be recharged?

3. How are you? Seriously, how are you doing?

1. Just to get a job, and I'm going to America in late July.

2. Hogan 2 is an extrovert and he doesn't need to recharge its just go go go.

3. Pretty fine, not really realizing that I'm done of high school in just a few days.

1. If you could go back to any historical event, what would it be?

2. Would you rather have an above average player for all 8 seasons or have your player suck for 4 seasons and then be great in the final four?

3. Would you rather win continental cups or individual awards?

6 hours ago, Hogan said:

1. If you could go back to any historical event, what would it be?

2. Would you rather have an above average player for all 8 seasons or have your player suck for 4 seasons and then be great in the final four?

3. Would you rather win continental cups or individual awards?

1980 USA v USSR

Above average player easily

individual awards are what I’d like to win tbh because it’s not up to me other than to do my part for winning cups

How many more seasons does Moscow have in them before they break or stop the streak?

Do you think the Lightning with 3peat or that Avs will stay hot and sweep?

What hockey brand is your preferred brand?

17 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

How many more seasons does Moscow have in them before they break or stop the streak?

Do you think the Lightning with 3peat or that Avs will stay hot and sweep?

What hockey brand is your preferred brand?

1. 8 more seasons

2. I think the Avs will take it in like 6 games it'll be Lightning the first game then 5 very close games

3. Ahh Kookaburra, if I played field hockey

Q1. @Banackockis a bit of a controversial character, but you can't doubt he knows how to win cups. Do you think Seattle can follow it up next season?

Q2. Who do you think will be 1st overall in all three drafts?

Q3. What is your favourite offseason activity

Q1. @Banackockis a bit of a controversial character, but you can't doubt he knows how to win cups. Do you think Seattle can follow it up next season?

Q2. Who do you think will be 1st overall in all three drafts?

Q3. What is your favourite offseason activity

1. Seattle seems to know how to win and had a great season, I don't know much about Banackock but team-wise if they stay together they probably have a good chance to win next season. 

2. Hmm.. I don't know the players well so I'll go with whoever is the #1 tpe in each draft class. 

3. Favorite off-season activity has to be golf, always enjoy spending a day outside chasing the little white ball around and of course losing a few. 

1. What are you looking forward to for your player going into next season?

2. How did you like the first season with the new attributes, will you be re-rolling your tpe?

3. Favorite kind of potato chips, bran and flavor. 

39 minutes ago, Girts said:

1. What are you looking forward to for your player going into next season?

Getting drafted into the VHLM should be fun - can't wait to go through the draft process as a player for the first time in a VERY long time.

2. How did you like the first season with the new attributes, will you be re-rolling your tpe?

From a general managers perspective I really liked it. It was fun to watch players come up with different builds rather than the same old with the old system. Should be fun to see it evolve.

3. Favorite kind of potato chips, bran and flavor. 

Miss Vickie's Jalapeno is probably my favourite of all-time. So good.

1. Let's say you get asked to play one song at a party - which song are you choosing?

2. What is your favourite part of the VHL off-season? How about your least favourite?

3. If you had to choose one team that you think will win the championship in the VHL next season who would it be?

14 minutes ago, JeffD said:

1. Let's say you get asked to play one song at a party - which song are you choosing?

2. What is your favourite part of the VHL off-season? How about your least favourite?

3. If you had to choose one team that you think will win the championship in the VHL next season who would it be?

1. Foo Fighters - Learn to fly

2. my favorite part is always the draft and my least favorite the 3rd+ day after FA when everything seems dead until the seasons start.

3. I'd say Helsinki looks pretty good for next season.

Questions:

1. What do you think of seeing the Bears win an other championship?

2. Are you hyped for the Stanley cup finals and who would you bet on?

3. What do you think of the new VHL calendar feature?

2 hours ago, Dom said:

Questions:

1. What do you think of seeing the Bears win an other championship?

2. Are you hyped for the Stanley cup finals and who would you bet on?

3. What do you think of the new VHL calendar feature?

1. The Bears have been good for many season and even when expecting them not to be that great they still surprised so in some ways it would be nice to see someone else win but considering we have had Vancouver three season in a row and Moscow in the finals like four season in a row. Yeah, It would be nice to see different teams make the finals and win the cup like New York or Prague!!

2. I am always hyped for new rounds until one team dominate but if it is a good series it is always fun to watch. I am placing my bet on Colorado but Tampa might pull off the three peat since they have been here before. 

3. The feature is a bit different then what I like but I have learned over time that I am not a person that likes change so bring back my old calender that I can reference when ever I want in one single thread. By hey that me!!

Questions:

1. World Juniors start this week are you watching and who wins? Why?

2. VHL draft goes this Friday, who goes number one overall? Why?

3. VHLE draft is later sometime this off season; Do anyone actually talk about this draft and who goes number one overall?

Not watching and have no idea who is in it.

I never pay any attention to the draft unless I am in it.

3. VHLE draft is later sometime this off season; Do anyone actually talk about this draft and who goes number one overall?

Again, I pay no attention - I do think people generally talk about who goes 1OA as I remember when I was in the draft people did.

1.  What is your favorite breed of dog and why?

2.  Are you rooting for Colorado or Tampa Bay?

3.  If you could change one thing about the NHL what would it be?

On 6/13/2022 at 8:30 AM, KC15 said:

Not watching and have no idea who is in it.

I never pay any attention to the draft unless I am in it.

Again, I pay no attention - I do think people generally talk about who goes 1OA as I remember when I was in the draft people did.

1.  What is your favorite breed of dog and why?

2.  Are you rooting for Colorado or Tampa Bay?

3.  If you could change one thing about the NHL what would it be?

1. Golden retriever. I have one and he's my favourite boy. They're so gentle and loving.

2. Colorado. Fuck Tampa, all my homies hate Tampa. Seriously, no one likes Tampa and Colorado has to win.

3. Expand the draft back out to 12 rounds. Give more players the opportunity to earn an entry level contract. Pay scouts more, increase funding to scouting departments.

Questions!

1. What is your favourite player name in the VHL?

2. What is your favourite type of pie?

3. What is your all-time favourite TV show?

13 hours ago, Ledge said:

1. Golden retriever. I have one and he's my favourite boy. They're so gentle and loving.

2. Colorado. Fuck Tampa, all my homies hate Tampa. Seriously, no one likes Tampa and Colorado has to win.

3. Expand the draft back out to 12 rounds. Give more players the opportunity to earn an entry level contract. Pay scouts more, increase funding to scouting departments.

Questions!

1. What is your favourite player name in the VHL?

2. What is your favourite type of pie?

3. What is your all-time favourite TV show?

1. Man, that's a tough one, bur the first silly name I can think of is Tater Tot.

2. Rhubarb for sure, because it's sweet and tamgy.

3. Oh lord, that's a tough one, so Imma do my top 3: Great British Bake OffNailed It! and The Mole.

1. If you were reincarnated, what would you come back as?

2. What was the least important decision that you've ever stressed over?

3. Is there anything you wouldn't do for a million dollars and why?

9 hours ago, NSG said:

1. If you were reincarnated, what would you come back as?

Let's be real--the standard of living of humans, even those we think of as "poor" or those in developing countries, is generally far greater than most animals. I want to be a person again!

9 hours ago, NSG said:

2. What was the least important decision that you've ever stressed over?

In general, social stuff. I overthink basic interactions way too much, right down to "would it be weird if I texted this person I'm friends with this perfectly normal thing", and I think sometimes it limits the fun I let myself have.

9 hours ago, NSG said:

3. Is there anything you wouldn't do for a million dollars and why?

Uh...yeah, but I feel like that's a very open-ended question. Would I, for example, marry someone I hated for a million dollars? No, because I'd hate the rest of my life regardless of the money I had (and a million these days isn't even a ton of money, just enough to not have to worry about living a decent life. I'd still need a job and everything). I'd do a lot that wouldn't affect me permanently or long-term for a million dollars, but anything that would is likely off the table.

9 hours ago, NSG said:

The Mole

Also, side note--you're the first person I've ever seen mention this show. I loved what got put on Netflix and I wish it still existed--liability standards these days probably prevent anything quite like it, but it was wild! "Tiny Bubbles" by Don Ho gets stuck in my head every so often, and I'm glad you know why.

1. You're cursed to either smell bad or have bad hair for the rest of your life. Which do you choose and why? (No, you can't shave your head or cut your hair so short it can't go anywhere. That's the easy way out)

2. What are your expectations for your player this upcoming season?

3. What would you like to see happen to make VHL offseasons more interesting?

20 hours ago, Gustav said:

Let's be real--the standard of living of humans, even those we think of as "poor" or those in developing countries, is generally far greater than most animals. I want to be a person again!

In general, social stuff. I overthink basic interactions way too much, right down to "would it be weird if I texted this person I'm friends with this perfectly normal thing", and I think sometimes it limits the fun I let myself have.

Uh...yeah, but I feel like that's a very open-ended question. Would I, for example, marry someone I hated for a million dollars? No, because I'd hate the rest of my life regardless of the money I had (and a million these days isn't even a ton of money, just enough to not have to worry about living a decent life. I'd still need a job and everything). I'd do a lot that wouldn't affect me permanently or long-term for a million dollars, but anything that would is likely off the table.

Also, side note--you're the first person I've ever seen mention this show. I loved what got put on Netflix and I wish it still existed--liability standards these days probably prevent anything quite like it, but it was wild! "Tiny Bubbles" by Don Ho gets stuck in my head every so often, and I'm glad you know why.

1. You're cursed to either smell bad or have bad hair for the rest of your life. Which do you choose and why? (No, you can't shave your head or cut your hair so short it can't go anywhere. That's the easy way out)

2. What are your expectations for your player this upcoming season?

3. What would you like to see happen to make VHL offseasons more interesting?

1. I would never want to smell bad, I guess I'd take the bad hair. I'm not really sure what would be qualified as bad hair but chances are I could wear a hat to cover it up anyways.

2. I hope to reroll and be more efficient on both offense and defense, probably breaking the 80 point mark.

3. Nothing other than speeding them up really. They're just really long usually.

1. The VHL has just announced it's moving to NHL 22 to sim, how do you react?

2. Can anybody stop the wrath of Seattle?

3. Would you rather have 6 capped tpe automatically every week or get an extra 1 uncapped per week?