Would a Continental Cup allow Vasteras to keep its team?

scoop

Also to answer the title of the thread. No, sustainable winning would. Not selling off all your assets like Vasteras has done in the past to try and win a cup without an already solid foundation. If I was a draftee I wouldn't mind playing for Vasteras especially under Boubabi. 

Wasn't there a big thing about transparency within the BoG? I don't mean this just about the Vasteras situation, but among other league related things, you really don't hear much about them unless they are already announced and basically official.

When they are official it isn't us who make them there. The blue team has the final say and always has had the final say, anything we discuss is for the blue team to decide on and anything we have an opinion on gets weighed by the blue team. They are the Commish's and they pull the trigger, when something is official it is official by them, not the BOG. If you have an issue talk to them, but they are really only doing their job regardless of what you believe.

Hustles, the whining stems from the fact it seems that anytime we disagree with you, you seem to go into defence mode. Anytime you disagree with us you scream for/whine to be apart of the BOG. We appreciate the discussion but the BOG is made up of guys who have been here forever and or have been active their entire stays in the VHL. Therefore they have seen the problems arise over the course of a long time or a solid chunk of time in the VHL. You guys complain all the time about how people hate Vasteras, well if thats the case I'm tired of hearing the complaining over the BOG. We talk, we listen and we also leak information through VHL Fan's, Podcasts and Media Spots that every member can pick up on. Transparency is not the issue, lack of paying attention is.

It's not so much as saying that you would rather than doing so. If you guys are serious about either Vasty or Cologne, then why not nut up. I mean seriously. You guys talk about either wanting to play there or would. How about actually going to either team and doing something. Hell I was with Cologne basically 3 years of which 2 counted towards Davey's career. Despite how we tried to recruit FA's, we still busted our asses (majority of us) to try and have people come in. I actually enjoyed my time in Cologne. Granted I did want a change of scenery, but fact of the matter is I would have went back to Cologne. Fact of the matter, as much as I hate and would not want to go to Vasty, if Klaus ends up there, I will give them 110%. I always do with every team and always will. Hell I would even go the route that Boom did and be a traveler. If it were possible to play for all 10 teams in 1 career, why not do it? Then you can see what it is like to be on that team. Of course you are only given 8 years. I have played for 3/10 teams in the VHL. Granted when it was Seattle, it was pre S30 and I was under a different name and player name. Still got to see and experience their LR. I have been to Cologne and Davos with Davey. I would love to see what it is like with the other teams. That might even be my intentions with Klaus. I could hit free agency every chance I get to see what it is like. Point I am getting at, if you want to play for Cologne or Vasty and just say it and dont do it, either nut up or shut up.

That's easier said than done.  Good for you for following through with that; you will benefit greatly from a strong repertoire.  I was really good about doing much the same with Saeijs and Byer a few years back... And maybe again in the future  :ph34r:

Edited by frescoelmo

I was kicked out of the BoG because I am black... or because I showed my penis to Devise.... or just because I went inactive..

The point is: I went to Vasteras - they won a Cup. I have a 100% winning record there so BOOBIE (or whatever the GM calls himself) should just trade for me and all this talk will turn into Vasteras being the new Davos of the VHL.

That and we need sterling in on this. 

or scotty's rigging.

Maybe it's posts like these that was the reason I was kicked out of the BoG :(

I was kicked out of the BoG because I am black... or because I showed my penis to Devise.... or just because I went inactive..

The point is: I went to Vasteras - they won a Cup. I have a 100% winning record there so BOOBIE (or whatever the GM calls himself) should just trade for me and all this talk will turn into Vasteras being the new Davos of the VHL.

Lets fucking do it.

I'd like to add to the BoG hate by saying that Devise is unwelcoming to opinions and Kendrick equates them to "whining."

Unwelcoming to opinions? The two times you have messaged me regarding things that you thought the BoG should handle I handily discussed my thoughts with you. The one was Mike's mishandling of the Super Cup (in your mind) specifically regarding the actives vs inactives rule. Mike ended up running things slightly different than both the Blue Team and the BoG had agreed upon. However to me that wasn't worthy of a post in the BoG. Instead I went direct and chatted with Mike and Higgins to see what happened there. Mike decided to do his own thing regarding the rule. I don't see how that is treated as unwelcome.

The second thing you messaged me about I didn't feel was worthy of BoG discussion and I explained why. I've had tons of other members PM me thoughts on a topic, and I've then went on to use that as reasoning for ideas I would post in the BoG. I could easily get into the specifics of it, because it's basically amounted to you telling me to bring up in the BoG how another GM should be analyzed for being removed despite only just getting the GM job a couple of seasons ago. 

Again like Sterling I think you are a fine contributing member here, my "shots fired" at you was a joke. At the end of the day though the BoG isn't just Kendrick and me. Hell Kendrick and I don' t even always agree as it is. We generally only go through with ideas in the BoG if the Blue Team and majority of the BoG is on board with something. A lot of times that involves us tweaking or compromising ideas because someone may like a concept of it but not specifics. The player store was re structured in that very fashion. 

Regarding the Vastears situation Mike is so far exaggeration it isn't even funny. None of us sat down and said "move Vasteras fuck this shit." The majority of us that are pushing for it to move are sick and tired of this argument. It comes up every god damn second season. I have chatted with a good majority of the players in this league over the course of the last 10 seasons as I've gotten to know some of the more prominent players here. There are people who would play for Vastearas. But there are more who the simple notion of playing for the team is one of the most awful things that would happen to their player. It's why this argument keeps coming back up, again, and again, and again. Moving them suddenly doesn't fix their problems. But it helps get rid of that stigma where people don't want to play there. Also as we saw with the expansion teams, a "new" fresh face has some encouraged to go there to be on the new thing. Then there is the colors and logo's and team name (mostly all chosen by Boubabi by the way) where that could drive new and existing players to go there just because they like the look, etc. 

We simply wanted some finality on this discussion. Either we were deciding (with the Blue Team and the BoG as unit, even though some didn't like the idea of them moving, such as Sterling) that they were being moved, or we were deciding to end this conversation once and for all and never move them. Those who advocated for a move, and a lot of people in this league have a tough time ending that conversation with zero change. All the reasons for Vasteras moving continue to pile up. It is more than just the team stigma. They are the only VHL team still based on a real life team. They are based in a crappy hockey city. They only exist because of a few key members desire to see a specific team named after a favorite of theirs in real life. But again, this decision wasn't just "made." The BoG never does that. There is a reason that thread was so damn old. This conversation even just in the "newer" BoG has been going on since like Season 35. 

Also Mike/Corco, regarding transparency. We already have a plan set in motion for this off season for some more transparency. Hopefully it is enough for the rest of you. The simple fact is though we aren't just going to give people blanket access to the BoG. Not because "super important stuff" happen. More because people would freak out at some of the things that just get discussed but go nowhere. And Mike we have had zero other conversations about moving other teams. It isn't like the BoG sits like an evil plot to move all the teams in the VHL at a whims notice. The Vasteras situation has always been an exception to the rule when discussing relocation. 

Unwelcoming to opinions? The two times you have messaged me regarding things that you thought the BoG should handle I handily discussed my thoughts with you. The one was Mike's mishandling of the Super Cup (in your mind) specifically regarding the actives vs inactives rule. Mike ended up running things slightly different than both the Blue Team and the BoG had agreed upon. However to me that wasn't worthy of a post in the BoG. Instead I went direct and chatted with Mike and Higgins to see what happened there. Mike decided to do his own thing regarding the rule. I don't see how that is treated as unwelcome.

The second thing you messaged me about I didn't feel was worthy of BoG discussion and I explained why. I've had tons of other members PM me thoughts on a topic, and I've then went on to use that as reasoning for ideas I would post in the BoG. I could easily get into the specifics of it, because it's basically amounted to you telling me to bring up in the BoG how another GM should be analyzed for being removed despite only just getting the GM job a couple of seasons ago. 

Again like Sterling I think you are a fine contributing member here, my "shots fired" at you was a joke. At the end of the day though the BoG isn't just Kendrick and me. Hell Kendrick and I don' t even always agree as it is. We generally only go through with ideas in the BoG if the Blue Team and majority of the BoG is on board with something. A lot of times that involves us tweaking or compromising ideas because someone may like a concept of it but not specifics. The player store was re structured in that very fashion. 

Regarding the Vastears situation Mike is so far exaggeration it isn't even funny. None of us sat down and said "move Vasteras fuck this shit." The majority of us that are pushing for it to move are sick and tired of this argument. It comes up every god damn second season. I have chatted with a good majority of the players in this league over the course of the last 10 seasons as I've gotten to know some of the more prominent players here. There are people who would play for Vastearas. But there are more who the simple notion of playing for the team is one of the most awful things that would happen to their player. It's why this argument keeps coming back up, again, and again, and again. Moving them suddenly doesn't fix their problems. But it helps get rid of that stigma where people don't want to play there. Also as we saw with the expansion teams, a "new" fresh face has some encouraged to go there to be on the new thing. Then there is the colors and logo's and team name (mostly all chosen by Boubabi by the way) where that could drive new and existing players to go there just because they like the look, etc. 

We simply wanted some finality on this discussion. Either we were deciding (with the Blue Team and the BoG as unit, even though some didn't like the idea of them moving, such as Sterling) that they were being moved, or we were deciding to end this conversation once and for all and never move them. Those who advocated for a move, and a lot of people in this league have a tough time ending that conversation with zero change. All the reasons for Vasteras moving continue to pile up. It is more than just the team stigma. They are the only VHL team still based on a real life team. They are based in a crappy hockey city. They only exist because of a few key members desire to see a specific team named after a favorite of theirs in real life. But again, this decision wasn't just "made." The BoG never does that. There is a reason that thread was so damn old. This conversation even just in the "newer" BoG has been going on since like Season 35. 

Also Mike/Corco, regarding transparency. We already have a plan set in motion for this off season for some more transparency. Hopefully it is enough for the rest of you. The simple fact is though we aren't just going to give people blanket access to the BoG. Not because "super important stuff" happen. More because people would freak out at some of the things that just get discussed but go nowhere. And Mike we have had zero other conversations about moving other teams. It isn't like the BoG sits like an evil plot to move all the teams in the VHL at a whims notice. The Vasteras situation has always been an exception to the rule when discussing relocation. 

Please tell me you timed this.

Then there is the colors and logo's and team name (mostly all chosen by Boubabi by the way) where that could drive new and existing players to go there just because they like the look, etc. 

This is not exactly true tho

What will happen when "Vasteras" relocates, if Boubabi struggles with GM'ing and they still suck? Is it same shit, different city?

True, but then people wont' want to go to the team because of the current state of them and their GM. Not simply outright because "Fuck Vasteras." We already have teams in the league where tons of players don't want to go to because of the way they are being run. 

I find that hard to believe.

I for one would leave in free agency the first chance I get. I hate PensFans shit creation from the get go. It's always been questioned.

If Boubs fails, and I hope he doesn't as I'm really pulling for him, Boom and I will go GM the team.

I for one would leave in free agency the first chance I get. I hate PensFans shit creation from the get go. It's always been questioned.

If Boubs fails, and I hope he doesn't as I'm really pulling for him, Boom and I will go GM the team.

You're one person.

I'd personally go back there if given the opportunity. Has nothing to do with the name to me.

It is real easy for members to say "I'd play for Vasteras" conveniently when the conversation comes up again about moving them. But when the conversation dies down, a good many of those members opinions can change. There are top end members here like yourself who would play for nearly any team. Who attract more people to come to their team. But the smart GM's try to lock members like you up.

Other members who also have the same stigma of having players want to play for them at times don't want to go to Vasteras. That in and of itself creates a ripple effect. Some of the hot spot destinations in the league right now are Helsinki and New York. The two teams with some of the most prominent members in the league. Players would love to go to those teams. Riga is building a good stigma as well with it's own group. It's tough enough to get people to come play for you over those franchises even when you don't have people blanket hating you because of your name and league history. Teams like Calgary and Toronto have good player history and some players already don't want to play there. 

Edited by Devise22

It is real easy for members to say "I'd play for Vasteras" conveniently when the conversation comes up again about moving them. But when the conversation dies down, a good many of those members opinions can change. There are top end members here like yourself who would play for nearly any team. Who attract more people to come to their team. But the smart GM's try to lock members like you up.

Other members who also have the same stigma of having players want to play for them at times don't want to go to Vasteras. That in and of itself creates a ripple effect. Some of the hot spot destinations in the league right now are Helsinki and New York. The two teams with some of the most prominent members in the league. Players would love to go to those teams. Riga is building a good stigma as well with it's own group. It's tough enough to get people to come play for you over those franchises even when you don't have people blanket hating you because of your name and league history. Teams like Calgary and Toronto have good player history and some players already don't want to play there. 

Also have two of the best or better GMs in the league...

Also have two of the best or better GMs in the league...

Sure I agree. So what do you want to do...replace all the GM's other than those two in the league?

As far as I'm concerned getting rid of the "reasons" why a player wouldn't want to play for a team is a positive. But we don't just go around removing GM's left and right. Vasteras has reasons other than it's GM, so getting rid of some of them should help, even if it doesn't solve the entire problem. 

Edited by Devise22