Would a Continental Cup allow Vasteras to keep its team?

scoop

My problem with the BoG is I don't see them as admin or anything with the ability to completely direct and dictate policy of the league.  It is a group of random members with different backgrounds that provide a small sample size to represent the rest of the league on different matters.  At the end of the day though things changed league wide have to be decided by the blue team taking everything into consideration.  Whats good about the VHL is that generally happens so its not an issue and things are usually discussed all over before change is actually made.

My problem with a situation like Vasteras is it is a running joke in the league sure but the group that are in the BoG trying to force a relocation is not the way to go.  Whether you like it or not IMO the GM runs the team.  If they want to change the team's logo, draft who they want, trade who they want, and do what they want that is on the GM.  Having a BoG group force a relocation on a team is not what should be done regardless of the circumstances.  We shouldn't let teams relocate all the time for the sake of doing it and a team like Vasteras is a good candidate to relocate but if the GM doesn't want it to be done to begin with it shouldn't be forced upon a team.  Once the decision to relocate is decided though the BoG also should not be in charge of picking the exact country, the exact city, and the exact logo/team name for that team.  There can be a system where they suggest a list of each then the GM can pick from or he creates a list and the BoG can select from that.

You can't have a random group of members force policy onto a team though its just not right.

My problem with the BoG is I don't see them as admin or anything with the ability to completely direct and dictate policy of the league.  It is a group of random members with different backgrounds that provide a small sample size to represent the rest of the league on different matters.  At the end of the day though things changed league wide have to be decided by the blue team taking everything into consideration.  Whats good about the VHL is that generally happens so its not an issue and things are usually discussed all over before change is actually made.

My problem with a situation like Vasteras is it is a running joke in the league sure but the group that are in the BoG trying to force a relocation is not the way to go.  Whether you like it or not IMO the GM runs the team.  If they want to change the team's logo, draft who they want, trade who they want, and do what they want that is on the GM.  Having a BoG group force a relocation on a team is not what should be done regardless of the circumstances.  We shouldn't let teams relocate all the time for the sake of doing it and a team like Vasteras is a good candidate to relocate but if the GM doesn't want it to be done to begin with it shouldn't be forced upon a team.  Once the decision to relocate is decided though the BoG also should not be in charge of picking the exact country, the exact city, and the exact logo/team name for that team.  There can be a system where they suggest a list of each then the GM can pick from or he creates a list and the BoG can select from that.

You can't have a random group of members force policy onto a team though its just not right.

How do you know thats occurring? Cause not to spoil the surprise, we aren't picking every last detail for a franchise that is the brunt of all jokes for good reason. The BOG is pretty unbiased when it comes to things such as relocation and teams. People need to stop pinning this on the BOG, because the BOG has plenty of people wanting Vasteras to stay put and plenty saying otherwise. However when you have prominent members saying they won't join Vasteras if drafted there, we do have to talk about it.

How do you know thats occurring? Cause not to spoil the surprise, we aren't picking every last detail for a franchise that is the brunt of all jokes for good reason. The BOG is pretty unbiased when it comes to things such as relocation and teams. People need to stop pinning this on the BOG, because the BOG has plenty of people wanting Vasteras to stay put and plenty saying otherwise. However when you have prominent members saying they won't join Vasteras if drafted there, we do have to talk about it.

I dont know whats happening any more than any other regular member.  I got temporary BoG access so that I could look over the 5 page supercup thread or whatever when I ran that.  I did click on the should we move vasty thread or whatever which was originally started a long time ago but had recently started a discussion again.  I don't know what has been said recently or what is actually happening.  All i expressed in my post was that I don't believe the BoG should be allowed to force Vasty to move or if they do move pick their country and logo.  What I did read in that thread to me and this was a month or more ago probably sounded like the BoG specifically decided Vasteras was relocating, here was its color scheme, and this is the countries we are allowing it to go.

I dont know whats happening any more than any other regular member.  I got temporary BoG access so that I could look over the 5 page supercup thread or whatever when I ran that.  I did click on the should we move vasty thread or whatever which was originally started a long time ago but had recently started a discussion again.  I don't know what has been said recently or what is actually happening.  All i expressed in my post was that I don't believe the BoG should be allowed to force Vasty to move or if they do move pick their country and logo.  What I did read in that thread to me and this was a month or more ago probably sounded like the BoG specifically decided Vasteras was relocating, here was its color scheme, and this is the countries we are allowing it to go.

And that's more or less what happened

Until a list was made up of the appropriate procedure when moving a team. Keep in mind if the GM has full control over everything, that does mess with the VHL culture and image. No the gm shouldn't be able to change every little facet about the team. Lines, Players, Draft Picks, Logos sure. Colour scheme and city is not up to the GM unless expansion was brought in. I only got to do it because we were bringing another two teams in and was told to create a team, not be handed a team.

Until a list was made up of the appropriate procedure when moving a team. Keep in mind if the GM has full control over everything, that does mess with the VHL culture and image. No the gm shouldn't be able to change every little facet about the team. Lines, Players, Draft Picks, Logos sure. Colour scheme and city is not up to the GM unless expansion was brought in. I only got to do it because we were bringing another two teams in and was told to create a team, not be handed a team.

The VHL is bigger than any one person at this point so moving a team is quite a big deal after 7 years and going on 40 seasons.  I agree there should be oversight and we can't just have a GM move every season or say move a second team to New York just because they want to.  They shouldn't be allowed to name their team something stupid like Vasteras Scissors or some random hot climate without a love for hockey say Kongo Iron Eagles.  That is all well and good and we want to protect from that but at the same time complete regulation and control over a move dictated by people not even part of the organization is just stupid and silly.  GM/Coach/Owner whatever you want to call it when you are the GM that is YOUR team.  Either a list of 5 from the BoG to the team or a list of 5 from the team to the BoG should be as far as the regulation process should be.  Either final say goes directly to the GM from a varying list from the BoG or the entire list of eligible options comes from the GM with the final say going to a group such as the BoG.  Not the BoG picks everything and does everything because they want to relocate Vasteras for having a bad history/stigma.  The truth is that one of the only reasons the negative Vasteras stuff continues is because there isn't a day/week/season that goes by that people don't keep re-bringing up or talking about it on a podcast or saying the team needs to be moved.

I seriously don't understand how a franchise is gonna be miraculously saved by changing where they're from. It's completely cosmetic and changes nothing.

What held Vasteras back throughout their history is GMing. Pensfan didn't do a good job long term, then Arce moved them to Madrid. Voss was horrid, then Tyler did a great job but also cultivated a bit of a bad boy image with the team that made it look less desirable to go to. I wasn't nearly ready to be the GM, 8Ovy8 wasn't on the job very long and Corco was thrust into the fire way too early. Location has shit all to do with this, and relocating the team is gonna do nothing if, 10 seasons from now, the team is still in this limbo period that comes without truly solid general managing.

But people will see this the way they want to. Move Vasteras and watch all their problems dissolve! People don't care what franchise they play for after all, just the location of it apparently!

Chill. Boubabi was given options. Boubabi is a cool fellow. Best one in this thread, assuming he posted.

Was one of those options keeping Vasteras where they are? Because otherwise muffins needs not "chill" on his opinion that Vasteras doesn't need to be moved.

• Admin

Was one of those options keeping Vasteras where they are? Because otherwise muffins needs not "chill" on his opinion that Vasteras doesn't need to be moved.

I didn't see Damien's post but nonetheless disagree with his opinion.

Gotcha. And I'd probably disagree with him as well, but the only reason Vasteras has the image that it does is because people like Kyle perpetuate the idea that Vasteras is the scum of the earth. Honestly, though, it seems like more people are defending Vasteras than calling for their move.

Wasn't there a big thing about transparency within the BoG? I don't mean this just about the Vasteras situation, but among other league related things, you really don't hear much about them unless they are already announced and basically official.

Wasn't there a big thing about transparency within the BoG? I don't mean this just about the Vasteras situation, but among other league related things, you really don't hear much about them unless they are already announced and basically official.

I'd like to add to the BoG hate by saying that Devise is unwelcoming to opinions and Kendrick equates them to "whining."