Would a Continental Cup allow Vasteras to keep its team?

scoop

Vasteras doesn't have much time left in the VHL before the Board of Governors and the commissioners step in and force a relocation due to the team's extended history of failure.

The franchise has won just two championships, Season 1 and Season 26, and has made the playoffs fewer than any other that has been around since the beginning. Among original franchises, Seattle has made it to the finals eight times, the second fewest; Vasteras has made it just four times. Vasteras hasn't made the playoffs in three consecutive seasons since they made it during the first four seasons. That will likely change if they make it this season, but that alone would not save the team.

It is possible, however still unlikely, that winning the championship would prompt the guys in charge to reconsider. They will not be favorites if they do make the playoffs, and they have recently spent a decent amount of time behind Cologne in the standings, so playoffs are not even a guarantee for the team that acquired former champions Niklas Lindberg and Ville Sixten during the off-season. But knowing that they could save the team and give them the option to stay, if that's what the general manager desires, could be the extra motivation that they need to pull through in the playoffs.

If they relocate based on failure to win a cup... the BOG and commishes are all idiots. 

By this logic we should relocate Toronto Maple Leafs - they blow worse than Vasteras. 

And of course - a change of name will totally rework the way teams are built in the VHL. Yea. Absolutely. 

GG NO RE

The #1 the will move is not cups. It's attraction. There are people who claim to want it there (Corco, Tyler etc) and then there is 98% of the league who thinks it's shitty. To attract people and get hyped every team should be on the radar of every prospect. Ever since Schwarz played I've never wanted to play in Vasteras and luckily I never have.

The #1 the will move is not cups. It's attraction. There are people who claim to want it there (Corco, Tyler etc) and then there is 98% of the league who thinks it's shitty. To attract people and get hyped every team should be on the radar of every prospect. Ever since Schwarz played I've never wanted to play in Vasteras and luckily I never have.

Cologne sure attracted people! Free agents especially!

While we're at it, care to set up a poll that shows that 98% of the league thinks the same as you?

Edited by Corco

Cologne sure attracted people! Free agents especially!

While we're at it, care to set up a poll that shows that 98% of the league thinks the same as you?

Corco, Cologne was a expansion franchise from S31, if you think moving them after 4-5 seasons was a smart idea then you need to re-evaluate how things work in sports and sim leagues. More people are against Vasteras than there are for it, if they like it they aren't vocal about it. Whereas people are very vocal about the shitty place. Say what you want but Vasteras' horrible history and the fact the identity to this day is failure and not success because of various GM's and Pensfans inability to give up on something he should've given up on. Just so happens 2 cups in 38 seasons is attached to it too, it's common sense buddy.

I actually have a favorable history with Vasteras and had I not been GMing in Riga for nearly 2 players would have potentially gone there.  I do like underdog teams and was glad to get Riga because of their huge cup drought.

I actually have a favorable history with Vasteras and had I not been GMing in Riga for nearly 2 players would have potentially gone there.  I do like underdog teams and was glad to get Riga because of their huge cup drought.

Then whey not aim for Calgary?