Why I WILL retire if you draft me

rory

Sup dorks it's rory finally returning from the legendary vacation where I almost certainly smuggled the Florida Covid variant into Canada. Here's a recap of what happened to LA while I was gone: we dropped out of 2nd place and eventually got thwomped by Moscow which relegated us to the wild card round, where we got owned by Toronto. I can bitch and complain about not being able to submit proper lines and having to rely on non-management to submit but whatever league sucks meta sucks. We had a pretty consistent record against Vancouver this season so I blame the North Carolina mountains.

Anyways here's why I'm gonna retire if you draft me: DeGroot is LA bound and that's it. The GM rule being removed is dumb because I will be tampering myself for the entire time that I am on a foreign team. Personally I'm a big stickler for preventing tampering, so I am doing the league a favour by forcing myself to the stars. This also helps prevent the commissioner team from punishing my team and taking away MY assets as I inevitably tamper myself.  

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, rory said:

This also helps prevent the commissioner team from punishing my team and taking away MY assets as I inevitably tamper myself.

You realize tanking your own draft stock is also against the rules right?

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

You realize tanking your own draft stock is also against the rules right?

Outside the first round yeah

• Commissioner
Just now, rory said:

Outside the first round yeah

Where are you pulling that from? Intentionally tanking your draft stock as a GM at all isn’t allowed, round has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Also you’d have to trade for yourself because you can’t pick yourself up in FA so things to keep in mind. Maybe try just enjoying having a player who isn’t tied to a team eh?

Just now, Beketov said:

Where are you pulling that from? Intentionally tanking your draft stock as a GM at all isn’t allowed, round has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Also you’d have to trade for yourself because you can’t pick yourself up in FA so things to keep in mind. Maybe try just enjoying having a player who isn’t tied to a team eh?

I hate to tell you this but I am pulling this from the rulebook

• Commissioner
Just now, rory said:

I hate to tell you this but I am pulling this from the rulebook

The rulebook, as it often is, is out of date and still has the rule stating that GM’s can sacrifice their first round pick to immediately pick themselves.

That has not been the case for over a year now.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Minion said:

he can change the rule hate to tell you this

I already did ages ago, GM’s haven’t had auto-claim since S76.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

The rulebook, as it often is, is out of date and still has the rule stating that GM’s can sacrifice their first round pick to immediately pick themselves.

That has not been the case for over a year now.

Sorry Bek I think having a non-GM player I will be inherently tampering myself and don't want to be punished 😭

Just now, rory said:

Sorry Bek I think having a non-GM player I will be inherently tampering myself and don't want to be punished 😭

rory to the hawks

wait a minute isn't this what spartan did last season bek tell gms he only wanted Moscow (could be mistaking but I saw somewhere this happened last season)

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, rory said:

One cannot tamper one-self. One, however, can tank their own draft stock intentionally.

I’m not saying you can’t have a preference to go to your own team, you just can’t force it to happen.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Minion said:

rory to the hawks

wait a minute isn't this what spartan did last season bek tell gms he only wanted Moscow (could be mistaking but I saw somewhere this happened last season)

If he did I never saw it which is problematic in itself but it certainly should not be happening. Even if you were to ignore the rule change the part about not ducking up your own draft stock has always been there.

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, rory said:

Okay @VHL GMs i will simply be testing free agency ASAP.

You didn’t read what I linked did you?

Just now, Beketov said:

You didn’t read what I linked did you?

Okay how does that post have ANYTHING to do with me testing free agency? Should I just sign all 9 seasons with whoever drafts me?

Edited by rory

• Commissioner
53 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

He means you can't sign yourself in FA

^

You can go to FA all you want but unless there’s special circumstances and you get permission in advance you can’t sign yourself.

1 hour ago, Minion said:

rory to the hawks

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

If he did I never saw it which is problematic in itself but it certainly should not be happening. Even if you were to ignore the rule change the part about not ducking up your own draft stock has always been there.

21 minutes ago, Peace said:

Actually... in a way, yes!

He just told people he'd be testing FA after the rookie deal. He took himself but still swears that he'll stand by the "testing FA" promise. If he's telling the truth, it means he didn't actually manipulate his draft value for his own team's benefit if his team gets the same benefit any other team would have gotten.

25 minutes ago, Enorama said:

He just told people he'd be testing FA after the rookie deal. He took himself but still swears that he'll stand by the "testing FA" promise. If he's telling the truth, it means he didn't actually manipulate his draft value for his own team's benefit if his team gets the same benefit any other team would have gotten.

*and by testing FA, I can't sign with Moscow.