Vasteras Player Poll

Devise

Vasteras Player Poll  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly, I'm fine with Vasteras moving. I understand that there is a negative connotation around the team (undeserved, I should add), but I really don't think it's as bad as you believe. And that's what my issue with the things you and others are saying. You don't really take time to find the truth, but rather just make it up and say what's true.

Qft

That is a fair point Molholt. I'm not trying to use this list of ten members as justice for relocating Vasteras, that wasn't my goal. I was just curious, as things stand down how many people would outright be against playing for the team. 

Street, I'm not just making up "facts." I am just stating what I hear when I talk with people. Right now, so many people are going to stand up for Vasteras. Myself included. Why? None of us want to be the bad guy. Very few want to state a negative opinion of a team that is already getting shit on. It's a shitty thing to do. 

But when the conversation has died down in the past, you talk with members in chat get their vibes? The "fuck Vasteras" montra lingers throughout many members in this league. I agree with you Street it is undeserved. But that isn't the point.

I'm not saying moving them will somehow change the team to the point that they will suddenly be New York. I do agree with everything Molholt said about quality GMing, building an atmosphere with a good team etc. But that is the case for every team. The fact is there is no "fuck this team" montra that has carried this long in the league other than Vasteras. I'm not saying it's all powerful. I'm not saying that it is the end all be all and Vasteras success hinges on getting rid of it. I'm just saying that if this mentality were to die if Vasteras were to get moved, why not try it? What the hell do we have to lose? 

It's one of the reasons why I hate this long ass debate about it. Because I don't personally think it's this big of an issue. Vasteras has a mixed to shitty reputation in the league mostly because of league history and a perception that for whatever reason has still carried to this season. Moving them changes some of that and a few members may get stoked to play for a new looking franchise/team. Cool. Let's move on. :S The only reason it feels like it's such a huge deal is because it leads into these discussions over and over. It's a minor change that is going to have minor impact, but hopefully it gets rid of the "fuck Vasteras" perception once and for all. 

And btw, if Green said he wouldn't play for Vasteras and I had the pick, you know where he'd be going? Vasteras. And I would sit his ass on the bench until he changed his mind or I got fair trade value for him. If a player is fine with ruining part of their career to ruin part of my job as gm, I'm more than happy to comply. Ask Ryan Cattrall from the USFL. Sat his bitch ass on the bench until he got dealt for a value I wanted, rather than giving him the power.

Frankly, Green would play for me because we are Internet lovers. Right? Riiiight? ...please? Pretty please?

And btw, if Green said he wouldn't play for Vasteras and I had the pick, you know where he'd be going? Vasteras. And I would sit his ass on the bench until he changed his mind or I got fair trade value for him. If a player is fine with ruining part of their career to ruin part of my job as gm, I'm more than happy to comply. Ask Ryan Cattrall from the USFL. Sat his bitch ass on the bench until he got dealt for a value I wanted, rather than giving him the power.

Frankly, Green would play for me because we are Internet lovers. Right? Riiiight? ...please? Pretty please?

Couldn't agree with this more...  Hence why I've always thought rookie contracts should be required to have a minimum 3 seasons.  They don't want to play for your team, tell them to pound sand.

at the end, I don't care

but if a relocation is needed to ''unlock'' those 10 members...it could help me out a bit.

Like I said, I don't want to become an awkward location just because everybody don't want to look ''bad''. I answer the poll like anyone else, Vasteras should be an interesting team if you think you got the better chance to win the cup. But being locked up by some quality member in my futur rebuilding processs already sucks imo.

It's one of the reasons why I hate this long ass debate about it. Because I don't personally think it's this big of an issue. Vasteras has a mixed to shitty reputation in the league mostly because of league history and a perception that for whatever reason has still carried to this season. Moving them changes some of that and a few members may get stoked to play for a new looking franchise/team. Cool. Let's move on. :S The only reason it feels like it's such a huge deal is because it leads into these discussions over and over. It's a minor change that is going to have minor impact, but hopefully it gets rid of the "fuck Vasteras" perception once and for all. 

If it weren't a big deal for some, I don't think these discussions would come about.

I think in the survey, I said I'd play there if drafted because I wouldn't repeat my Legion hissy-fit ever again. I voted "No" in this poll because it was the better of the 2 options based on wording. Yes I'd rather play for some other teams, but that doesn't mean I'd never play for Vasteras.

I've never understood this place's refusal to try relocation, new teams are exciting and refreshing. To be honest, it gets boring and repetitive that we never change the teams.

It's still the same team with the same history though. Nobody just "forgets" the team's past when a location is changed.

It's still the same team with the same history though. Nobody just "forgets" the team's past when a location is changed.

Well, the fact that you can't remember Avangard to Davos just kinda proves that people can just "forget" a team's past. Avangard also had the luck of a great GM and re-location FWIW. But, if Boubabi proves to be a great GM, relocation added to that could see Vasteras' fortunes take a complete 180. People say that it isn't how it works, but it most certainly is. Great GM isn't the end all be all for how people view a team/organization either if we'd like to play that game. Everyone can say this isn't true, but if Vasteras actually became good, the hate would be even worse.

Edited by Kyle

Well, the fact that you can't remember Avangard to Davos just kinda proves that people can just "forget" a team's past. Avangard also had the luck of a great GM and re-location FWIW. But, if Boubabi proves to be a great GM, relocation added to that could see Vasteras' fortunes take a complete 180. People say that it isn't how it works, but it most certainly is. Great GM isn't the end all be all for how people view a team/organization either if we'd like to play that game. Everyone can say this isn't true, but if Vasteras actually became good, the hate would be even worse.

I would ask you how it's possibly to hate a team so much in a fictional sim league, but that would be the same as you asking me how it's possible to like a team so much.

Jericho, Boom, Squinty, Fever all on this list and I know members who have wanted to in the past or do now wish to play with them. 

Ow

It's ok, I got all the love I needed back in S12. I'm good til atleast S50

Edited by Ball

I would ask you how it's possibly to hate a team so much in a fictional sim league, but that would be the same as you asking me how it's possible to like a team so much.

This really has nothing to do with what I said at all.

I'd play there.

From reading everyone else's posts, maybe a rebranding would be the best route. Keep the team in Vasteras but revamp the mascot/logo/color scheme etc. That makes the team seem "new" and solves all the problems everyone seems to have with them. It's what I did white the Philadelphia Jets in SBA and it worked out pretty well. No one holds the past of the franchise against you anymore lol