Vasteras Player Poll

Devise

Vasteras Player Poll  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thought it was a real team, and I definitely recall some people saying it. What I could find though that it's based on the Vasteras IK team, even the logo was used at one point, for me that's still similar enough.

And even if people disagree, in the end it also comes down to a personal opinion, and I still wouldn't want to be found there dead or alive. Luckily when I said it out loud Corcoran said he wouldn't draft me either way, so that wasn't an issue to begin with.

Not playing for Vasteras. No problem playing for the team after a relocation.

I just stand by my point that I dont like real teams in a fictional league. Same reason I refuse to play for Winnipeg Jets in the SHL

The Vasteras Iron Eagles aren't a real team, for your information.

Luckily when I said it out loud Corcoran said he wouldn't draft me either way, so that wasn't an issue to begin with.

That's a normal thing that people do. It doesn't actually mean he wouldn't want to draft you. It means that his feelings were hurt by your unconditional hatred.

Edited by Hustl3s

When I was drafted back in S33 I wasn't too happy that I ended up in Vasteras, but that was because of the circumstances the team was in at the time and I didn't actually know anything about the teams history back then. Now, I was traded away not long after (which is something Vasteras seems to like to do with their 1st rounders) so that chapter of my career was closed before it even really started, but since then I didn't have any hate for Vasteras, but they wouldn't be one of my prime destinations to go to either if I was given the choice.

And I think that's the case for a lot of people in the league and something that the poll questions doesn't cover too well. Would people play for the team? Sure. Would it be their prime destination to go? Probably not.

But on the other hand this can be said about most teams in the VHL. With how small FA-classes are around here, there are 2-3 teams at best that attract free agents and the rest of the league doesn't get anyone. Cologne has had these struggles and I think anyone who isn't a cup favorite has had them as well these past few seasons. So in that regard, Vasteras isn't that much different than 2/3 of the league.

My personal opinion is that a relocation will be good for the franchise, but that a lot of the criticism towards the team and Corco has been overblown. A change now should be a good thing to change the perception of the franchise and end this discussion that seems to come up every few seasons once and for all. But I also wouldn't rule out the team finding some success with their current identity soon, if their new GM does a good job.

When I was drafted back in S33 I wasn't too happy that I ended up in Vasteras, but that was because of the circumstances the team was in at the time and I didn't actually know anything about the teams history back then. Now, I was traded away not long after (which is something Vasteras seems to like to do with their 1st rounders) so that chapter of my career was closed before it even really started

Do you even remember why you were traded? That was a completely different situation than trading Sundberg.

Do you even remember why you were traded? That was a completely different situation than trading Sundberg.

Of course it was a different situation, I never claimed otherwise :). Just thought it would be a funny little piece of trivia because in general it doesn't happen to often that a team trades away their most recent first rounder after less than a season. That doesn't mean that the trade did make sense or anything like that of course.

It certainly seems to be a pattern that Vasteras isn't building through the draft a lot. Their 1st rounders in S33 & S39 were traded away shortly after and the franchise had no 1sts in S32, S37 & S38. So in the last 8 seasons, the team only had 3 1st rounders stay on the team, the ones from Season 34 to Season 36. Now that isn't necessarily the wrong course, there are other ways to build a team than through the draft, but I think it's still that's interesting to point out.

I wouldn't mind going there honestly. I like the idea of turning a franchise around or being a key part of a rebuild. (For those with long term memory, cologne was my top draft hopeful destination with Jarkko because I wanted to help them out of the hole). Plus I like the yellow.

Unfortunately I'm stuck in Davos now. (I love Davos, I hate being tied to a team and not being drafted, etc.)

So alot of the members that would play for Vasteras are either on the team, locked up in a contract, or a GM.

Don't worry Vasteras, help is on the way in 4-5 seasons

So alot of the members that would play for Vasteras are either on the team, locked up in a contract, or a GM.

Don't worry Vasteras, help is on the way in 4-5 seasons

Omg iam not in one of those categories.

Edited by MÉTIS

Toronto Legion uses blue. They are basically the Leafs.

Seattle looks like the Coyotes, Cologne stole the Stars colors, you can't tell me the Americans aren't actually the Rangers. Alright everyone pack your shit up, we are going to the SHL

I'd play for Vasteras.  But if I was drafted by them, I think it would probably take more from them to prove to me that I should re-sign after my rookie contract.  Honestly, this all comes down to the league's attitude toward the team because when all you hear is shit about the team and how nobody wants to play there, it's not very encouraging.  Honestly think changing the location would probably be the best option though.

• Senior Admin

FUCK :vas: 

I agree with Ninetyfour on this one...Things like that emoji play a part in all this too..the league itself is endorsing a hatred towards vasteras. When I joined it didn't take long for me to realize that most people hated vasteras (and kesler), its almost like we bring our new members up to hate them. So obviously seeing a team getting singled out all the time might deter members, especially new ones, from ever wanting to play there. Its just not fair imo.

But unfortunately I think its too far gone to change anyones attitude now.

I agree with Ninetyfour on this one...Things like that emoji play a part in all this too..the league itself is endorsing a hatred towards vasteras. When I joined it didn't take long for me to realize that most people hated vasteras (and kesler), its almost like we bring our new members up to hate them. So obviously seeing a team getting singled out all the time might deter members, especially new ones, from ever wanting to play there. Its just not fair imo.

Woah not as many people hate me now :P

I was going with the league majority. Maybe for me it's just the fact that they don't seem like the type of team that has a winning drive. I myself strive to win. Whether I carry a team to a W or pass off plenty of assists. Does that mean that I wouldn't play for them? Probably but only because I like it when I am on a team of active people. It just seems more fun being on a team when you can interact with more people than just the GM. Cologne had it's fair share of inactive people, but then it had it's actives. I didn't mind it so much. Coming to Davos was the best thing for my career. So much activity in the locker room and just the drive to push each other to become better players. I don't know where my new player will end up, but if it happens to be Vasteras, then I will in turn give 110% just like I do with every other team I have played for.

I was going with the league majority. Maybe for me it's just the fact that they don't seem like the type of team that has a winning drive. I myself strive to win. Whether I carry a team to a W or pass off plenty of assists. Does that mean that I wouldn't play for them? Probably but only because I like it when I am on a team of active people. It just seems more fun being on a team when you can interact with more people than just the GM. Cologne had it's fair share of inactive people, but then it had it's actives. I didn't mind it so much. Coming to Davos was the best thing for my career. So much activity in the locker room and just the drive to push each other to become better players. I don't know where my new player will end up, but if it happens to be Vasteras, then I will in turn give 110% just like I do with every other team I have played for.

But Vasteras has active people!