Vasteras Player Poll

Devise

Vasteras Player Poll  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of course it is. It actually will nail down the fact that tons of people would still play for Vasteras, but a big portion of the league would still either rather see it relocated, or simply doesn't care it if does get relocated. I just made this in a haste, had I known you were going to do something more in depth Victor, I wouldn't of posted this. 

Any reason why the responses aren't just simply "yes" or "no"?  I would play for them, but not because I think they get a bad rep and want to help them out...  Like any other team, I would play for two reasons: 1). I was drafted there, and 2). I decided it was where my player would best fit during free agency. 

A yes or no question of course is going to be terrible for something like this. But a lot of members won't contribute if they had to elaborate. Some people that voted yes are still in favor of relocation for example. I made it like this to weed out those who ABSOLUTELY wouldn't play for Vasteras in their current form. Those would be the no's. I made the vote public so I could see how many of them were prominent members who had influence/pull in regards to getting other members to their teams.

And honestly there is some members in the no column who do fit that category. Either way the survey format that you authorized is better Victor but I still wonder how much accurate results your going to get. Specifically when it's sent out at random. Like someone had mentioned in this thread, the negative perception around Vasteras can have an impact on some people who join the league. You'll notice there are far more active people in the league then in this poll. 

From my perspective, if even 10 total VHL members would consider or be more open to playing for Vasteras if they relocated, and it gets rid of that blanket negative perception? Great. At that point they aren't at a disadvantage, and it all comes down to the build and make up of the team and the quality of the GM, like almost every other team. 

While I unfortunately have to agree that it is evident that Vasteras has an undeserved reputation, the blame is on people like Kyle who perpetuate the hatred.

If those people would just shut about about F Vasteras, etc., the problem wouldn't persist.

Edited by Hustl3s

At the end of the day, you were wrong and now you guys are blaming the question in the poll. That is truly hilarious

I'm not blaming the question in the poll. And what was I wrong about? I voted YES as the first person to vote. My opinion was that prominent members outright didn't want to play for Vasteras. Which is in fact true...

I'm not blaming the question in the poll. And what was I wrong about? I voted YES as the first person to vote. My opinion was that prominent members outright didn't want to play for Vasteras. Which is in fact true...

Name some prominent members other than Kendrick and Green who outright don't want to play for Vasteras.

Like seriously, I get it some guys don't want relocation. But you act like every person who is in for relocation is some evil slime out to get the franchise. There are a few key members who outright hate the franchise, like Kyle. But a lot of people are actually in favor to relocation. Even people who voted yes in this poll. Not all of them are monsters who want to see the team fade into obscurity. 

Some don't like the team name or logo, some would like to see it get a change of scenery just for fresh purposes. Some, like me, are sick and fucking tired of this argument. There is a big enough group in this league who don't like Vasteras or who have been influenced by the negative reputation that this argument is going to continue coming up again and again and again. Considering in the past I know that members on the Blue Team haven't been completely opposed to the idea of moving Vasteras, or at times even in favor. I just want to get it over with so we can stop having this debate every second season. 

It doesn't matter whether or not any of us "agree" with the hate for Vasteras being just, or the reputation being fair. It still exists, and we either need to find a fucking way to handle it, or shut the fuck up about it. 

Edited by Devise22

• Admin

At the end of the day, you were wrong and now you guys are blaming the question in the poll. That is truly hilarious

who are 'you guys'? No one apart from Devise even wanted this poll because clearly the problem with Vasteras isn't that a few people don't want to play there because seriously, that's a shitty stance anyway.

I don't even know what the result of the poll is, I haven't even bothered to look, but I've assumed, and your post confirms it, that most people voted Yes. Which isn't surprising given how very leading both the question and the No answer are.

Out of curiosity, if 10 members wanted longer careers, would it still be a relevant number or not?

I don't know which members hold the most weight, but not too long ago I know myself and Green were for it, and now a Green is being cited as a reason to push hard for relocation.

Btw, I'm not strongly for or against either issue, but moving Vasteras doesn't fix the problem. Boubabi has to fix the problem, which is poor team management and some bad luck. Moving them is a band aid.

Has anyone demanded out? Refused to play for them? Go see the Pioneers in the SBA, had two top players refuse to play there, trash the team, etc. people called for firing the GM, changing the team, etc. then they drafted two players, one being myself, and the image and future is already leaps and bounds more positive.

Vasteras needs more than a new location. A new location doesn't give them great players and great management, and if people refuse to play for them (or any team), then those people are shitty and I wouldn't want them on my team anyway.

Honestly, I'm fine with Vasteras moving. I understand that there is a negative connotation around the team (undeserved, I should add), but I really don't think it's as bad as you believe. And that's what my issue with the things you and others are saying. You don't really take time to find the truth, but rather just make it up and say what's true.

Out of curiosity, if 10 members wanted longer careers, would it still be a relevant number or not?

I don't know which members hold the most weight, but not too long ago I know myself and Green were for it, and now a Green is being cited as a reason to push hard for relocation.

Btw, I'm not strongly for or against either issue, but moving Vasteras doesn't fix the problem. Boubabi has to fix the problem, which is poor team management and some bad luck. Moving them is a band aid.

Has anyone demanded out? Refused to play for them? Go see the Pioneers in the SBA, had two top players refuse to play there, trash the team, etc. people called for firing the GM, changing the team, etc. then they drafted two players, one being myself, and the image and future is already leaps and bounds more positive.

Vasteras needs more than a new location. A new location doesn't give them great players and great management, and if people refuse to play for them (or any team), then those people are shitty and I wouldn't want them on my team anyway.

Only had to read the first line to know I'd like this post.