Vasteras Player Poll

Devise

Vasteras Player Poll  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd play there.

From reading everyone else's posts, maybe a rebranding would be the best route. Keep the team in Vasteras but revamp the mascot/logo/color scheme etc. That makes the team seem "new" and solves all the problems everyone seems to have with them. It's what I did white the Philadelphia Jets in SBA and it worked out pretty well. No one holds the past of the franchise against you anymore lol

The main problem is the team being in Vasteras so that would need to change too.

Now Pro Vasty Squad don't bite my head off, I'm just explaining it to the new guy.

The logo's great, like all our logos. Wtf is a Vasteras though.

While I (and some others) know European geography and realize it's nowhere near the same, I can imagine some members (especially some members from my own xenophobic country of USA) asking wtf a Riga or Davos was as well.

• Admin

Yeah. The thing that stuck for me in memory is some new member doing a MS on where Euro teams were (this was in like S11) and he guessed that Vasteras was in Portugal. And honestly, as a new member, I kind of assumed Vasteras was somewhere in the Iberian peninsula too. And I live in Europe.

Not quite the geographic location I was going for but I'll take your support.

Well it could be Polish if you look at it. When you say it though it can sound Czech or even some small town in Russia.

A lot of you are making the argument that getting a good GM is more Important than changing the team brand to get rid of negative connotations, which is a fair point. But why not just do both and help out the new GM with a clean slate, as long as that is what he wants as well and not just something that is forces upon him by the BoG?

A lot of you are making the argument that getting a good GM is more Important than changing the team brand to get rid of negative connotations, which is a fair point. But why not just do both and help out the new GM with a clean slate, as long as that is what he wants as well and not just something that is forces upon him by the BoG?

Take your level headedness and wishful thinking out of here.

The only way to get things done is to insult eachother and let chaos ensue.

semi-pro-nachos-o.gif

We moved a team from Stockholm to Riga, so I think the "Vasteras just isn't a good city for a team" argument is thrown out the window. :D

Yeah, all this debate and it very well might be the case that boubabi is in favor of relocating Vasteras. While that decision wouldn't be 100% his to make, it seems that if he wanted to do so, there is enough league support that it would probably be allowed.

Pretty sure that's been the main dialogue here. Is that what he wants?

Pretty sure that's been the main dialogue here. Is that what he wants?

I think he just wants what is best for the team, and unfortunately that might be relocation, because the guys who currently say they won't play for Vasteras might be willing to if they relocate, but  the guys who say they don't want Vasteras to relocate will likely still be willing to play for the team if they do, because they are sensible people.