The Low Quality S82 VHL Mock Draft presented by Clue Thirst

Lemorse7

S82 MOCK DRAFT

Well hello everyone, yess it’s time where a bunch of people are going to predict what will happen during the VHL draft and what player he's going to end up where. Here are my predictions for the draft. 

With the 1st Overall the New York Americans select Vasile lamb.  @dlamb

The New York Americans are still one a rebuild they are looking for players that will affect their team now. They need a bit of every position, but you can’t go wrong with Vasile Lamb with his Meta build. Jon Webber is going to retire after the next season and Lamb can be their star in the offensive zone. Lamb will try to build on his insane VHLM season and transfer it to the VHL. 

With the 2nd Overall The D.C. Dragons select Cole Pearce. @N0HBDY

The Dragons are really in need of a Goalie and what better than a goalie who can play right now in the big league. Cole Pearce, who was playing with Philadelphia in the M, had a good season in the M and is looking to prove himself in the VHL. 

With the 3rd Overall The London United select Travish DeGroot. @rory

With Zaza Colors, Nils Godlander and Matt Avens going up for London and Juice Box, DeGroot could be in the Heart of this team and  potentially lead them into the playoffs. A young team who can be really good in a couple of seasons and adding DeGroot to the team can really help London. Those rookie can be game changing for London this season. 

With the 4th Overall The Chicago Phoenix select Max Torq. @Steve

With Chicago having really few players. Adding them to Max Torq who is a massive earner and probably going to be the leader of this team in the future if he stays there after his rookie contract. He is coming from a huge season with The Ottawa Lynx who just won the cup for a second year straight. 

With The 5th Overall The Helsinki Titans select The board game clue on skates. @MubbleFubbles

TBG= The board game 

TBG is a first- gen but not really making a comeback in the league after I don’t know how many seasons. He knows how to be a consistent earner and Helsinki could add another phenomenal prospect in their prospect pool. I call it a polo but realistically it’s a prospect ocean with all their prospects that they have. With Karjalainen, Power and  Remy coming up, why not pick TBG? He is a solid player and Helsinki can be very dangerous in a couple of seasons. 

With the 6th Overall The Riga Reign select Miervaldis Arpa. @Zack

People who are active in the VHL discord Gen chat know where I’m going with this. We see a lot of 16Z/Zack cheering for Riga and wanted to play for them maybe it’s for the meme but I think he wants to play for them and with Jarvinen retirement Arpa can be the goalie of the future for them. Tobias Reinhart is still young, so that gives the time to Arpa to work on his game and come to the VHL ready to be a wall. 

With the 7th pick the DC Dragons select Nagy AL. @bigAL

With their second pick of the first round. I think the Dragons are selecting a defenseman, because they don’t have one in their prospect pool. You can go wrong with the ex-commish. Right? Dc is looking good to replace McCloud who is going to retire after this season and AL can be that replacement. Al was pretty consistent during all his time in the M and I think he can continue that in the rest of his career. 

With the 8th pick the Seattle Bears select Mikhail Kovalchuk. @Banackock

I don’t think Bana his going to pass on his player with this pick. They have a young core with some players who are going to retire in the next season or two. I think they did a pretty good job to skip that huge rebuild stage with their draft and can be a dangerous team in the near future. You know what you are getting from Kovalchuk, a meta player who is going to make some waves in the big league. 

The 9th pick The Toronto Legions select Kakapo Bushtit. @Esso2264

Toronto is a young team who had taken the league by surprise this season with their performance against Los Angeles in the Wildcard round. With Cadmael Ixazaluoh and George Sanderson beginning their first Season in the big league I think they will add another name in their forward players with Bushtit. 

With The 10th pick The Warsaw Predators select Bubbles Utonium. @fishy 

Warsaw, who are in need of a goalie and with Utonium still on the board could solve a huge problem in the future or even in the next season maybe (Dlamb PayPal Fishy 15$ and you have a goalie for next season, I say that I say nothing ;) ). I don’t see Fishy dropping that far in the draft. They were the second option for a lot of teams before Warsaw so I will not be surprised if they end up joining a team like Dc if they don’t take C.Pearce with that second overall pick. Anyway you can go wrong with taking Fishy here. 

With the 11th pick The Prague Phantoms select Perry Lapierre. @KaleebtheMighty

With the offensive core against them a bit and losing Robert Bouchard after this season. Lapierre could be the perfect Bouchard replacement. He will be ready in 1 season when Bouchard retires. They still have a young team and with some solid picks in this draft and the next one they can bypass that transition and be competitive.

The 12th pick The Seattle Bears select Wumbo. @Fire Fletcher

Wumbo is the next player joining the Bears organization. Selecting Wumbo here and they don’t need to focus on the goalies situation for a bit. Wumbo is a great player who knows what he is doing. 

The 13th pick The Calgary Wranglers select Milan Dvorak. @solas

Dvorak is a great defenseman and can be a great player for the organization. With Reylynn Reinhart trade and changing positions that can put a band-aid in that forward core with players like Nathan Perry and Pekko Viitanen retiring after this season to focus on solving their lack of defensemen. Dvorak can exactly do that. 

With the 14th pick via Malmo The HC Davos Dynamo select Bo Johansson. 

@Shindigs

Team Clue is well represented in this draft class with three of their players going to be selected in the first round. With that it’s time for a sponsor. 

This Media spot is sponsored by Clue Thirst. If you are playing really hard and are feeling kind of dehydrated Clue Thirst is the drink for you made with Coconut Water and No sugar Added. This drink is the best on the market for taste and health. 

Let's dive right back in the subject Bo Johansson. GM Alex has come  and wants to change the identity of this team and with Addison McLaren retiring after this season no one is better than our favorite defenseman Bo Johansson to restart this team and bring them to the top. 

With the 15th pick The Warsaw Predators select Maxwell Mathias. @Underclass_Hero

Underclass is gone and now his back. With Chicken Wing and L retiring after this season ( yes I wrote that a lot on this wall of words). Warsaw really needs to strengthen their defensive core and Mathias is the ideal candidate to start building their defensive core around. 

With the 16th pick The Vancouver (Meta) Wolves select James Teekirque. @Mongoose87 

What’s better to feed the meta team with a meta player. It’s the perfect match. More seriously Teekirque dominated the M last season with the Hounds. The wolves have a lot of s76 players who they are looking to replace like Robin Galante Nilsson. 

And that’s it for the low quality mock draft no picture because I’m lazy and I love boring things. If you want to read a better quality mock draft I recommend Gustav or The VSN one (Alex) who I'm going to read right now and compare how much I was wrong. 

I can see some trades happening and players like Ronan Lavelle, Ben Dahl, Girts Galvins, Seymour Butts, DB III and Calix Pearce squeeze in the first round.  I can see a bunch of players going late in the round but have a lot of potential like Bob Chicoine, a really active first gen and good earner. Eric White and Nathan Ingram both are GM in the Pro-Am and I think they need just a guiding hand to help them earn a bit more, because they have the passion and the potential to have great careers in the VHL. 

I gave a quick shutout to Ipo Kawaii, Mollieraf Kendcruz and Mister Freeze. Great players have gone too soon 😛 

I was really excited for Sunday night to see how much I was wrong. Ahahah Anyway I hope you enjoy and Drink A Clue Thirst after reading this it’s good for the brain. 

1512 words 

BigAL pick is probably one of the biggest hot-takes. Considering his post Blue blues. Really no telling what will happen long term. But having missed last week and only clicked the week before is concerning. He was at least online 21 hours ago. But didn't PF. Really hope he comes back.

17 hours ago, Lemorse7 said:

You can go wrong with the ex-commish. Right?

That’s my response to that 😂

8 hours ago, Shindigs said:

BigAL pick is probably one of the biggest hot-takes. Considering his post Blue blues. Really no telling what will happen long term. But having missed last week and only clicked the week before is concerning. He was at least online 21 hours ago. But didn't PF. Really hope he comes back.

And why do I always type can for can’t 😂

Edited by Lemorse7

Great little mock draft. It’s funny seeing the differences between this and the actual draft. How dare you not predict me in the 1st round?!🤣. I think your assessments were really good and fair based on TOE and each team’s positional need. The DeGroot bowl made the draft all the more interesting. I do like to see a little color or a picture or two in the articles, but like you said there’s nothing wrong with some laziness. I’ve had plenty of those myself. Very enjoyable read! 9/10