TOR/CHI; S82

VHL Bot

I would like to welcome @Shindigsto the Chicago Phoenix! A hefty price to pay but having out top 2 D secured, as well as our top C and keeping our top of the lottery pick this season should allow for us to have our core going forward and will let us get this thing turned around ASAP.

Thanks for the talks @Peaceglad we could get this done.

11 minutes ago, JeffD said:

I would like to welcome @Shindigsto the Chicago Phoenix! A hefty price to pay but having out top 2 D secured, as well as our top C and keeping our top of the lottery pick this season should allow for us to have our core going forward and will let us get this thing turned around ASAP.

Thanks for the talks @Peaceglad we could get this done.

Thank you for the welcome. Aiming to make it worth the price tag.

@Peace @Doomsday Thanks for the time in Toronto, wish you the best of luck in the future.

1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

@Peace @Doomsday Thanks for the time in Toronto, wish you the best of luck in the future.

Hate to see you go, but I understand given the circumstances. Hope for nothing but the best for you, and thank you for your enthusiasm in your time here!

• 9 months later...

A few seasons later...

Chicago got:

Bo-Ingvar Johansson (which is a win anyway, no matter how you put it), who dressed in 277 games for the Phoenix, adding 54 goals and 285 assists to their tally (and my guess is that Bo will retire as a Phoenix).

and Izak Bobs, who has not played a game in the VHL yet (and probably never will, as they are M.I.A. since July 31st, 2022)

Toronto got:

Tyler Busser, who played 72 games with 17 goals and 27 assists to their name and retired after S85

and Cole Caufield Jr, who played so far 134 games, getting 18 goals and 20 Assists in the process.

The reason I looked back to this trade was, that I really thought Bo was drafted by Chicago but was proven wrong. He was drafted by Toronto, and Chicago apparently wanted to re-unite the Clue Crew™️. Considering how the trade panned out so far for the Franchises involved, this seems to be a rather smart move by the Phoenix' management.

1 hour ago, Lemorse7 said:

No way What is with @Shindigsand being drafted to Torono

It's how I do.

Also you can't really blame anyone involved for this trade, other than me. Since I did demand a trade. That always puts management in an awful position and at the time getting a 1st + 2nd back for a largely unproven 1st gen was realistically the most anyone could ask for.

That being said, in hindsight, it's a pretty brutal trade.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:21 AM, Daniel Janser said:

and my guess is that Bo will retire as a Phoenix

At least until we reach the point where trading Bo away becomes the correct move for Chicago, at which point I'll happily waive my NTC. That is indeed the plan.

1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

That being said, in hindsight, it's a pretty brutal trade.

this. I mean I have the luxury of hindsight and did not mean to diss anyone involved in that trade. It was just unfortunate that the picks Toronto got, did not develop as the management hoped it would. This happens to the best imo.

Tyler Busser was a solid pick when it was made, but the user was involved in some drama and retired from the league after being stripped from his VHLM GM role (IIRC).

But go back to that draft... active VHLM GM, solid TPE earner, wanted to play for Toronto and despite being a S84 player he still retired with nearly 700 TPE in 85.

Just bad pick luck at the tail end of my tenure with Toronto and during Dooms tenure as the GM.

Spoiler

S80 pick Matty Fire was involved in some drama that eventually led to Shindigs demanding a trade after learning about what had happened;

S81 pick Ixazaluoh was consequentially discouraged by the league and took a step back;
S82 pick Johansson demanded a trade after learning about what happened between Matty and Sam(?);
S83 pick Sakamoto was awesome;
S84 pick Busser was involved in some drama that eventually led to him being dismissed as a VHLM GM.

Yeah...

Nothing you can really do to predict a user will implode the way they do sometimes.

Edited by Peace

18 minutes ago, Peace said:

Tyler Busser was a solid pick when it was made, but the user was involved in some drama and retired from the league after being stripped from his VHLM GM role (IIRC).

But go back to that draft... active VHLM GM, solid TPE earner, wanted to play for Toronto and despite being a S84 player he still retired with nearly 700 TPE in 85.

Just bad pick luck at the tail end of my tenure with Toronto and during Dooms tenure as the GM.

Hide contents

S80 pick Matty Fire was involved in some drama that eventually led to Shindigs demanding a trade after learning about what had happened;

S81 pick Ixazaluoh was consequentially discouraged by the league and took a step back;
S82 pick Johansson demanded a trade after learning about what happened between Matty and Sam(?);
S83 pick Sakamoto was awesome;
S84 pick Busser was involved in some drama that eventually led to him being dismissed as a VHLM GM.

Yeah...

Nothing you can really do to predict a user will implode the way they do sometimes.

That's what happens when you try to give Peace to members.

12 hours ago, dlamb said:

Even without hindsight, 16z retired their previous player (Drafted 6th overall in S82) before they ever played a game in the VHL. DND.

True but this was a netminder at a time there was a big influx of goalers and there are only so many starting positions to be had in the VHL (16 or so). So while certainly a over the top move by Zack in my opinion it is kind of understandable... I get your concerns though on the other hand we do not know what information has been exchanged in the draft interview...