Neither a complaint nor a suggestion

BOOM

I am hoping I can get some clarification of the "TPE Re-roll" option from the brand new player store. I am seriously considering spending $10 Million on this and as advised in the store thread, I contacted all 3 commishes to ask about it. Remarkably, Jardy was the only one to reply to my PM from several days ago. He wasn't completely sure about it but he tried anyway and I appreciate him getting back to me.

As a result, I still don't know exactly how this is supposed to work. Has the option of re-roll been worked out exactly? I find it odd that it's the most expensive option in the player store, but no one seems to know how it works, when it gets applied or is able to give a definitive answer.

As a result, I still don't know exactly how this is supposed to work. Has the option of re-roll been worked out exactly? I find it odd that it's the most expensive option in the player store, but no one seems to know how it works, when it gets applied or is able to give a definitive answer.

It's expensive because they don't want people to buy it; that would require someone to figure out what it is, exactly.

But I'm pretty sure it works like this: your effective TPE is calculated (in order to account for past depreciation), and you get to distribute that many points to your player from the base template of attributes.

So here's an example using the attributes of some random VHL superstar.

FG = Fighting: 42 (2 TPE)
SK = Skating: 86 (30+20+18 = 68 TPE)
ST = Strength: 83 (30+20+9 = 59 TPE)
PH = Puck Handling: 86 (68 TPE)
FO = Face Offs: 88 (74 TPE)
PA = Passing: 89 (77 TPE)
SC = Scoring: 88 (74 TPE)

DF = Defense: 90 (80 TPE)

So while this excellent player has 658 TPE, he has 502 effective TPE. By purchasing whatever that thing is called, he can reset his attributes to 40 and then add 502 points.

But I'm pretty sure it works like this: your effective TPE is calculated (in order to account for past depreciation), and you get to distribute that many points to your player from the base template of attributes.

So here's an example using the attributes of some random VHL superstar.

FG = Fighting: 42 (2 TPE)

SK = Skating: 86 (30+20+18 = 68 TPE)

ST = Strength: 83 (30+20+9 = 59 TPE)

PH = Puck Handling: 86 (68 TPE)

FO = Face Offs: 88 (74 TPE)

PA = Passing: 89 (77 TPE)

SC = Scoring: 88 (74 TPE)

DF = Defense: 90 (80 TPE)

So while this excellent player has 658 TPE, he has 502 effective TPE. By purchasing whatever that thing is called, he can reset his attributes to 40 and then add 502 points.

This is exactly what I told him, GOSH.  Only lazier...

I think the easiest/best/what we'll do, is after depreciation, calculate how many "applied points" you have.  So say after depreciation your attributes are like

We'll add up like

70 = +30

80 = +50

90 = +80

80 = +50

90 = +80

= 290 points.  So yeah, all your stats will go to 40, and you'll have 290 points to re-apply wherever you wish.  Plus whatever you have banked.  The number will be a decent amount lower than your TPE obviously.

Hopefully this made sense.

So I suppose I shouldn't have said "I think," but I just tossed that in there because I hadn't checked the BOG thread discussing it since before we implemented the player store, and even when I did a lot of it was skimmed.  So I'm right as usual but didn't want to hold myself liable on the off chance I wasn't.  Bad engineering habit.