S83 Theme week

Where to start?

I appreciate @JB123 who drafted me into the Brigade in the first ever JST. He believed in me and made me captain and gave me first line minutes long before anyone else had a reason to do so. He also showed me the ropes on how to earn TPE.

I appreciate @Spartan, who allowed me to back claim some of my superfluous mediaspots as .com articles and helped me to develop my player faster due to the advice given by him. He also allowed me to GM Team World in the S82 World Cup, even though my track record as a GM at that time was anything but stellar.

I appreciate  @Gustav for his build guide I followed to the tee (except the leadership I spent before I found said guide). I do not appreciate that he turned down to be my AGM in Mississauga though (jk it was a fair and relatable reason you brought up (not that any was needed in the first place))

I appreciate @N0HBDY and @Alex who were my GM's during my VHLM season and allowed my brother and me to stick together a little bit longer after being in the Brigade. Also N0HBDY gave me the chance to act as his AGM with Mississauga and gave a warm recommendation as his successor on the GM seat.

I appreciate @Ricer13 who put trust in me and picked me in the first round for the Wranglers. He made me feel welcome from the first minute and picked Marcel (probably against better judgement) so we can stick together in the VHL. He is also eager to make sick graphics for me, whenever I have a sudden inspiration for something. His advise on building of my player and putting together lines when I was GM for the World Cup is invaluable. Also for being so good natured when pulling his leg about his beloved 'Nucks (not much opportunity though since Bruce is at the helm). His moral support when I am angry at my player for not being better and generally sucking. He always finds a way to make me see the long game.

I appreciate the lockerroom in Calgary with @Vat, @jRuutu, @tinafrombobsburgers, @Phil, @DollarAndADream , @Greg_Di, @leandrofg (also another go to gfx guy of mine), @jacobcarson877 and @Rhynex Entertainment (I am sure I forgot some people, in which case mea culpa).

I appreciate @InstantRockstar another great graphics guy whose work I admire and which asked to work some of his magic on several occasions.

I appreciate @Beketov (and the BOG as an entity) for all the hard work, most of which remains unnoticed by most of us. Also for his patience to explain me why it is a good thing to nerf the skaters in the wake of the hybrid attributes. I know I was emotional during the conversation we have had. Rest assured it was only for the passion I felt for my player and not as a critique in general on the process as such.

I appreciate the interactions with @samx and @Shindigs for the friendly banter (be it whether hot or cold sandwiches are better or which team is more of a plague real life Vasteras or real life Davos). The answers are of course cold and Davos. 

There are so many wonderful people in this league and if I did not mention you does not mean you are not one of them. It means I am of a biblical age and my memory ran away with my youth. ;)

Just now, Daniel Janser said:

I appreciate @N0HBDY and @Alex who were my GM's during my VHLM season and allowed my brother and me to stick together a little bit longer after being in the Brigade. Also N0HBDY gave me the chance to act as his AGM with Mississauga and gave a warm recommendation as his successor on the GM seat.

That was a really fun half season in Philly! I'm glad you enjoyed your time there!

Review for 1 TPE

I’m not sure when you came up with this idea to write your appreciation for these people in the VHL, but you chose the perfect time to do it.  This was an article that I really enjoyed because you had great things to say about the people and about the league and enforced the fact that this is an awesome league and entertaining as well.  You chose a writing style that was well organized, to the point, and well written.  You chose a direct style to get to the point quickly with emphasis on the individual you wanted to recognize.  It was an easy read and flowed quite well.  

Another thing I enjoyed about this article was that I could relate to the things you said about the people and what they did for you they have done for me, and I’m sure for many others.  You mentioned all the individuals who have played an important role in my development and something tells me that if someone else had written this article, your name would have been in one of the paragraphs as someone who has helped that person.  

I look forward to being in the league longer and getting to know more folks who share the enjoyment of this hockey league as much as I do.  Thanks for writing such a good article.

Score 10/10