Claimed:Laichly Rift's Pajodcast Episode 98 - Mikhel Mikhel Mikhelson

Devise

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/77025891/file.html

I stayed up later than I should have and have only gotten two hours of sleep before I now have to work at 6 am. Smart decisions. However it was a late night Pajodcast filled with conversation of trades, Jericho basking in his own glory and a bunch of off topic stuff that at this exact moment I can't quite recall.

If you click the link, your soul will be consumed by the devil and I take no responsibility of what is to follow...

• Admin

Greg (Greg Harbinson and some scrub) and James (James Sullivan) had players before Strauss and Hakkinen. and 8O8 had Jesse Jussal before Singh. N00bs.

David had Night, Knight, and Henman before Walcott. Rybak was 5th like Smalling so followed Slobodzian, Heidt, Hrynyk, and Feltersnatch.

Greg (Greg Harbinson and some scrub) and James (James Sullivan) had players before Strauss and Hakkinen. and 8O8 had Jesse Jussal before Singh. N00bs.

David had Night, Knight, and Henman before Walcott. Rybak was 5th like Smalling so followed Slobodzian, Heidt, Hrynyk, and Feltersnatch.

Greg's scrub player was Craig Stewart.

I haven't listened, but did they actually think Rybak was first gen?

Edited by Streetlight

• Senior Admin

Content: 3/3

Hello there. It's not necessarily a race to grade it, it's just that I'm usually the podcast guy and it surprised me when Slobo did it. I'm the self proclaimed chief of podcastual affairs. Anyways, good listen! Quite a funny one actually. DAV/CGY trade was questionable, the overall price payed for Yumalatopinto (including the first time they picked him up) is enormous. I like the Cologne move to get 2nd overall, I think the potential star power from the 2nd overall will be worth what they gave up considering what their roster looks like right now. Corco's name is funny. The train thing that Jericho said at the end was quite weird. Overall interesting episode...

Professionalism: 2/2

I suppose. 

Editing: 1/1

Sounds good, but, stay out of the fucking airport, Jericho.

Overall: 6/6

Edited by Draper

You pieces of poo are getting clsoe to 100

Yeah I know. I think I"m just going to internally implode when we hit 100, I can't really comprehend that I've nearly spent 100 weeks of my life doing this...

Chris: Devise was right, I wasn't necessarily looking for Landry. I asked you about Kellinger when I didn't know about his season, then I looked at his season and STOPPED ASKING ABOUT HIM. You do know that I didn't continue asking past the one time. I liked Yuma's season because it's the same as my own, and I think our window is basically until the end of my career. I guess I wouldn't have minded an S35 guy (have two of them already) but I was never really intending this to be the season, and I like the S36 players because they line up with our entire window.

As for the trade:

Coach wanted S40 Riga 1st and S40 NYA 2nd for Yuma. I already had the S40 NYA 2nd in discussions with Boubabi (which ended up happening, and got me Kravinen) so I couldn't do that. He initially said that it would be fine to swap it out to another 2nd in another year, but then dangled Landry in an attempt to try to get the S40 2nd. I still couldn't deal it because it was still in talks. The jump to Landry seemed, to me, like closing the window on the Riga 1st and other year 2nd. It may not have been, but it seemed like it.

I then jumped to the S42 CGY 1st thinking that given the depth of the S40 draft, it might be comparable to the S40 NYA 2nd (and if it was slightly better, then Landry offset it, if Coach's established price on Yuma was S40 Riga 1st and S40 NYA 2nd, which I don't think I'd have done for just Yuma). Yuma also wanted to come back to Calgary as recently as days before the trade. (Also, Coach kept saying the deal had to get done that day, which may or may not have been an intentional tactic, but it limited my options).

Basically, IF the S40 Riga 1st and S40 NYA 2nd was going to be the price, THEN the S40 Riga 1st and the S42 CGY 1st would also be a similar price, but the first part was too much, so the second part continued to be too much. I do think it's a bit of an overpay in hindsight but not as bad as you guys make it seem (especially Chris, but Devise's song was over the top too, weird to think that Jericho was the most tame) and there have been worse deals that you haven't harped as heavily on, whether this season or other seasons (potentially because it's me and it's fun, which it is). On the whole though, you guys know I can take it and while it might bug me, I'll still be listening to each one of these.

I'd also like to hear your opinions on the Erikson deal which happened after the recording of this podcast. It's a good deal, so it'll probably get about 2 seconds of airtime.