Town of Salem #26

Gustav

HOWDY

FRICKIN

DOODY

...says @Doomsdayas he throws open the (automatic) door to the Salem Wawa. It's time for another sub, dammit.

It's also time for another game of Town of Salem as we kick off our 2023! Hopefully the first of many.

As part of our holiday fundraiser, @Squidwardwon the opportunity to pick his role in a game...which he's decided to reserve the right to do at any point in the future...and also to pick the mode of this game...which he's decided to do now.

This game will be played in Rainbow Mode.

We've never done a Rainbow game before, but it's a super-chaotic game mode where the role list looks like...well, see for yourself.

1x GODFATHER

1x ARSONIST

1x SURVIVOR

1x JAILOR

1x AMNESIAC

1x SERIAL KILLER

1x WITCH

5x ANY ROLE

1x WITCH

1x SERIAL KILLER

1x AMNESIAC

1x VETERAN

1x SURVIVOR

1x ARSONIST

1x MAFIOSO

Player list (19):

@Adrest245

@Advantage

@BarzalGoat

@Berocka

@Doomsday

@GoodLeftUndone

@jacobcarson877

@jhatty8

@Judas Graves

@Lemorse7

@N0HBDY

@NSG

@omgitshim

@Ptyrell

@Ricer13

@rory

@Spartan

@Squidward

@woog

Now it's time for everyone's favorite part of the game--the copy-paste! If I've somehow missed your role, please tell me as soon as possible, and please join the server if for some reason you're not in it. If you're one of those LOSERS like @Berocka who uses light mode, please highlight the below to read it while also understanding that I despise everything you stand for.

Rules are here

The wiki is here

-JOIN THE DISCORD SERVER! YOU'RE REQUIRED TO! HERE'S ANOTHER LINK!

-I'm going with my usual starting and ending times as a general guideline: WHENEVER THE HELL I WAKE UP marks the start of each day phase, and 10 PM EST marks the start of each night phase. Those will be the times that I'll aim for, but, officially, the start of one phase and the end of another comes whenever I make the announcement. You'll be pinged. I will do my best to give out expected announcement times, but I reserve the right to kick off any phase at any time.

-No talking in this thread during night phases. That goes for everybody, regardless of role. I have no power to lock this thread at night, and there's no official penalty for talking in here at night, but if you see one of your fellow citizens doing so, please yell at them for me. I CAN LOCK THE THREAD AT NIGHT, AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! If for some reason I forget, or if you have mod powers and can comment in locked threads, please keep the "no talking" rule in mind anyway.

-Do not edit posts. I've been relaxed about not yelling at people who have, but editing is a sneaky way to take out potentially incriminating information. If you say something stupid, too bad. Don't change it.

-If you are reasonably able to be online at the start of the night phases, please make an effort to do so. The JAILOR (if there is a Jailor) is able to speak with you in their own Discord channel at night, and that is when I will put the Jailor's target in said channel. If it is within your power to do so and doesn't present a huge inconvenience, please be online when the night phase starts and please join the server out of respect for the Jailor and their time. If you know you won't be around at the start of the night phase, it might be helpful to give me a message to forward to the Jailor during the day phase should you be placed in jail that night.

-DO NOT PM ANYBODY. All communication must happen in this thread, unless you have already received an invite to a Discord server where you may speak as well. If you haven't, keep everything here. Should you wish to contact someone directly, too bad! Whispers don't exist in this format.

-STAY ACTIVE. If you do go two day and night phases in a row without speaking in public, speaking in a private Discord, or sending me a night action (or specifically telling me you do not want to take a night action), I will swing the Mighty Gustav Hammer of Death. You do not want the Mighty Gustav Hammer of Death, and neither does anybody on your side.

-NO ROLES ARE OFF THE TABLE. If you play the online game, you may be familiar with a Classic mode being the default, where many of the newer roles are not used. In these games, if the evil faction is the Mafia, ALL roles which are not members of the Coven may be used, and vice versa. This includes Any All and Town Traitor.

-Last but not least, friendly reminder that no discussion relevant to this game in particular is allowed in the #general channel of the game server while this game is running.

-Just kidding! Actually last but not least--IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK YOUR DISCORD CHANNEL FOR NOTIFICATIONS PRIOR TO EACH DAY PHASE. It might not end well for you if you don't!

-And last but not least for the third time, if you choose to change a night action, please, please, send a new message rather than editing your old one. I've missed changes because of this before as an edit doesn't give me any sort of notification if I've already seen and missed the first one...so make sure I've got it right by separating your submissions!

I'm going to make note of something here before it comes up as a question: the page for Rainbow Mode on the wiki is generally helpful, but uses the phrase "night immune" for Arsonists, Serial Killers, and the Godfather. This is potentially misleading, as "night immune" can be taken to mean "cannot die at night" (in the same way as the Pestilence). That isn't the case--it's just pointing out that these roles have basic defense. None of the roles themselves work differently than in any other mode.

Hi all,

Not feeling the roleplay tonight, as someone who had an interest in tonight's football game. Please pray for Damar Hamlin if praying is your thing.

Day 2 opens at some point tomorrow, possibly around 8 AM although I don't quite know for sure.

List of living players (19)

@Adrest245

@Advantage

@BarzalGoat

@Berocka

@Doomsday

@GoodLeftUndone

@jacobcarson877

@jhatty8

@Judas Graves

@Lemorse7

@N0HBDY

@NSG

@omgitshim

@Ptyrell

@Ricer13

@rory

@Spartan

@Squidward

@woog

• Gustav locked this topic

HCxD8LC.mp4

It feels good to post that one again.

The sun rises on Salem (and the local Wawa) for the second day, but the bus system doesn't seem to be up and running. A few people head on down to the local transit authority to see what's going on, where they find @jhatty8 victim to some MAFIA racketeering. He was a TRANSPORTER.

Next up, being the law-enforcement-minded, upstanding individuals that they are, the fine citizens of Salem make their way to the local jail, just to make sure all is well and good.

Spoiler

It isn't. The town finds @Judas Graves dead in jail.

Spoiler

...and unlike other games where TP roles generally have this covered from the start, Judas was the JAILOR. He was stabbed to death by a SERIAL KILLER.

And finally, after that chunk of exciting news, it's noted that @N0HBDY is not part of the group, after some verbal confusion in which the town thinks people are yelling "we're missing nobody" and that that's a good thing. Upon reaching N0HBDY's house, we find...

Spoiler

...Jeff Probst.

Spoiler

N0HBDY was a SURVIVOR, and the first Survivor in one of our games to not survive.

Before someone gets on my case about last wills--none were left.

I should be around at day-closing time tonight.

List of living players (16)

@Adrest245

@Advantage

@BarzalGoat

@Berocka

@Doomsday

@GoodLeftUndone

@jacobcarson877

@Lemorse7

@NSG

@omgitshim

@Ptyrell