Recruitment Compensation

scoop

In my opinion, it needs to be looked at. Five TPE for recruiting a guy who gets to 100 TPE seems to be a little much, considering 100 TPE is not that hard to get to.

Here's an example of a true thing that happened. Green recruited a guy who was away from the league for less than a month and a half (he was at 36 TPE; he's at 101 TPE now). Green gets to claim 10 TPE for this recruitment.

Seriously? Come on.

Okay, that's a bit of an extreme. Since I'm in his thread, how about I have a look at some of the TPE he's earned.

Five for recruiting Kai Randal. Five for recruiting Jack Ryan. Eight for recruiting Percy Miller.

Since Kendrick is arguably the primary recruiter for the league, let's take a look at some of his success stories.

Eight TPE for recruiting Dan Tremblay. Eight TPE for bringing McNeil back. Another five for Gabrial Johnson.

Oh wait, those guys weren't successful. I meant to point out travhave, Smarch, MapFreak and Hybrid. He should probably get some points for those ones.

Point being: don't give out five TPE for getting a player who reaches 100 TPE. Those players are useless for the league if they go no further than that. Here's a proposal

100 TPE = 1 TPE

200 TPE = 2 TPE

300 TPE = 3 TPE

400 TPE = 4 TPE

500 TPE = 5 TPE

That's a potential 15 TPE if you bring in a good player, but only one if you bring in a shitty guy. Overall, it's almost as rewarding as the current system if you bring in someone who clears all the levels.

Our recruitment is really low, that's why the pay is high per member. These two members specifically should be rewarded for bringing guys in whether the recruits are successful or not. Yeah, it's a bit high but if it brings members in then it's worth it. Our other "drives" and incentives just weren't working - at least this is drawing some members in.

I'm glad I told Harumpf to list STZ as recruiter when I asked him to join the VHL and didn't know who he had to pick as recruiter since we both tried to get him to join. Or this would have been even worse :P

I agree the pay is high, but there are more cases of failed recruits then to ones actually sticking it out. And it probably sounds selfish, but with the reversed proposed system I can see people putting less effort in to recruit, since the chances that a new player actually reaches the 500 is still rather low.  I've tried my hardest to keep guys like Kai Randall, Percy Miller active and keep em around, but despite the continious efforts after recruiting, it usually just doesn't work out.

• Senior Admin

Both STZ and Green have fair arguments here, and there is no doubt about the importance of our recruiters. As a compromise, maybe offer a high TPE reward for initial recruitment (or the 100 TPE mark) and a high TPE reward for hitting the 500 mark, but lower rewards in between?

Something like:

100 = 4

200 = 3

300 = 2

400 = 3 

500 = 4

= 16 TPE

and maybe go easy on the double recruitment prizes for a bit

I agree the pay is high

Right.

but there are more cases of failed recruits then to ones actually sticking it out.

Yeah, so why is the pay so high then?

And it probably sounds selfish

It does.

with the reversed proposed system I can see people putting less effort in to recruit

For the good of the league?

the chances that a new player actually reaches the 500 is still rather low.

So it is in these rare instances that you should be rewarded with an inordinate amount of TPE.

I've tried my hardest to keep guys like Kai Randall, Percy Miller active and keep em around, but despite the continious efforts after recruiting, it usually just doesn't work out.

Hey, let's reward you anyway!

Both STZ and Green have fair arguments here, and there is no doubt about the importance of our recruiters. As a compromise, maybe offer a high TPE reward for initial recruitment (or the 100 TPE mark) and a high TPE reward for hitting the 500 mark, but lower rewards in between?

Something like:

100 = 4

200 = 3

300 = 2

400 = 3 

500 = 4

= 16 TPE

and maybe go easy on the double recruitment prizes for a bit

I would have no problems with this myself and agree that the double recruitment prizes are the bit that makes it go over the top. But it was there, so I'm using it.

And Streetlight, you say it's for the good of the league, but the only names I see that people complain about are me and Kendrick, and why? Because we actually did our best getting as much members for the league? It's not like nobody had the chance of doing this, it was open to everyone. 

I care about the league, but I care more about my own player. When I see rewards are great, I try to go for it. If I see rewards are bad, then I have probably better things to do with my time then try to reach the impossible (get people to join up AND let them stay active), because it's harder as it sounds to actually get people this far.

I'm contacting Edgar Balthazar multiple times each week for actually getting him to do stuff, and what has that brought him to? 40 tpe or so in 2 seasons time.

So yeah, reward me, I like it.  And guess what, if you brought people in, you would like it to. Like I said in the 40 in 40 article, people need incentives to go out and recruit, or they just won't do it. It's no secret that it is one of the reasons why the last two recruitment drives were so succesfull. Sterling gave out extra rewards, making people feel interested in the tedious recruit job.

But since you hate it so much that I get TPE for it so easily, I can just quit it if that makes you happy. Have fun recruiting the next period, I won't steal your recruits.

And guess what, if you brought people in, you would like it to.

Yeah, I would like it, but obviously points > no points. But that doesn't mean not getting it wouldn't stop me from trying to recruit people.

But I don't post on other forums. I'm not in other leagues. So recruiting isn't really something that I can do all that well. I've tried sending out e-mails to old members. But I can't recruit. And the things that I can provide for the league, such as documenting history by way of my playoff history spreadsheets, GM history, career statistics, various tournament statistics, and other stuff, I HAVE done in exchange for no payment. I continued to update career stats a couple times even when I was inactive with Toriyama and I never claimed points for it. I didn't claim points for the last couple of updates (S39 I did, but none before that with Toriyama) because Higgins never 100% confirmed that I would get paid. I do it anyway.

And I only brought up you in this thread because of your claiming Cuffy as a recruit (and a recruitment drive doubles, at that). He was away from the league for less than two months...and he hasn't earned 100 TPE since returning, so technically I really don't think you should be able to claim him yet.

In my opinion, it needs to be looked at. Five TPE for recruiting a guy who gets to 100 TPE seems to be a little much, considering 100 TPE is not that hard to get to.

Here's an example of a true thing that happened. Green recruited a guy who was away from the league for less than a month and a half (he was at 36 TPE; he's at 101 TPE now). Green gets to claim 10 TPE for this recruitment.

Seriously? Come on.

Okay, that's a bit of an extreme. Since I'm in his thread, how about I have a look at some of the TPE he's earned.

Five for recruiting Kai Randal. Five for recruiting Jack Ryan. Eight for recruiting Percy Miller.

Since Kendrick is arguably the primary recruiter for the league, let's take a look at some of his success stories.

Eight TPE for recruiting Dan Tremblay. Eight TPE for bringing McNeil back. Another five for Gabrial Johnson.

Oh wait, those guys weren't successful. I meant to point out travhave, Smarch, MapFreak and Hybrid. He should probably get some points for those ones.

Point being: don't give out five TPE for getting a player who reaches 100 TPE. Those players are useless for the league if they go no further than that. Here's a proposal

100 TPE = 1 TPE

200 TPE = 2 TPE

300 TPE = 3 TPE

400 TPE = 4 TPE

500 TPE = 5 TPE

That's a potential 15 TPE if you bring in a good player, but only one if you bring in a shitty guy. Overall, it's almost as rewarding as the current system if you bring in someone who clears all the levels.

I actually like the rewards here. Something like I brought up to the bod of sba a while ago

The suggestion itself isn't bad, but I still don't get why so many people seem to have a problem with rewarding the recruiters. Recruiting has finally picked up recently with more and stronger first-gens entering the drafts then in years before and as soon as our recruiting system is proving to be successful, we want to cut it back again? Recruiting might be th most important league task there is, so rewards for that should be high.

And I think already paying out a pretty high reward for a player reaching 100 TPE is fine as well. When is the risk of a player going inactive the highest? When the player is new, sub 100 TPE. So it's good that our recruiters have an incentive to keep all their recruits active, what they do for a new player in his/her first weeks here is incredibly important. Helping new members out so they stay active and reach 100 TPE is considerably tougher than helping someone get from 400 to 500 TPE as well, so I think our current order of TPE-payouts is fine.

I do agree though that the double recruitment prizes are too high, don't really know though how we could change that without the recruitment drive losing its drive.

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

Give money for the player store for recruiting instead of TPE. 

The player store was revamped to limit the TPE inflation - utilize it here too. Just reward everything with cash.

I'll try that this season instead of the double rewards.

10 uncapped was way too much for a 100 tpe player lol.

I'm busting my ass for a new logo and it will give me 3 Tpe (I know I already said that. It's just a comparaison.)

And losing those "recruits" should be our main focus. Most of them don't stick around.

10 uncapped was way too much for a 100 tpe player lol.

I'm busting my ass for a new logo and it will give me 3 Tpe (I know I already said that. It's just a comparaison.)

And losing those "recruits" should be our main focus. Most of them don't stick around.

We've tried. I'm not sure what else we can do for retention at this point.

Reduce the number of VHLM Team.

And for TPE Reward, lets give 17 TPE at the 500TPE mark only. At least, recruiters will be rewarded if the recruits are a least active.

Nah, that's pretty poor incentive.

Give money for the player store for recruiting instead of TPE.

The player store was revamped to limit the TPE inflation - utilize it here too. Just reward everything with cash.

Eh the it's a lot harder to keep track of

Keep TPE compensation at the same level that it is if people are so adamantly for it, but cap the TPE a player can claim for recruiting at 20 per season or so. Any extra TPE a member earns can roll over to next season, or every 10 TPE extra can net them a free week. I've been suggesting this for over a week now.

Edited by DJ Fuff