Thunder’s at it again!

Thunder

This is most certainly not back by popular demand, more like back by unpopular demand, or no demand at all, but nevertheless I have decided to earn my TPE this week by doing some more puzzles and hopefully this is long enough to cover two weeks worth of 6 tpe.  Regardless, its still going to be a hell of a lot more than that chump @ScottyP is doing!

So here goes.  As before, the first one to correctly guess the answers to the puzzles will get some bonus unclaimed TPE, all you have to do is contact @Spartan to make arrangements for the bonus unclaimed TPE, which is up to 6 TPE depending on how fast you complete the puzzles.

Disclaimer:  these are made up puzzles and statistics were in no way gathered or determined from any VHL content.  Please dont get offended if your player is better than referenced in these puzzles.

There are five rookies in the VHL who have dominated the league this season and have outscored all others.  Can you determine which player has scored the specific points, given the clues provided?  In addition, what VHL team is the player on and what VHLE team did each player play for?

List of Players:

Phil Strasmore @Phil

Tavish DeGroot @rory

Napolean Dynamite @thadthrasher

Mark Calaway @Beketov

Dabnad Shaw @Dabnad

VHL Teams to choose from:

Prague Phantoms

Toronto Legion

Helsinki Titans

Riga Reign

Warsaw Predators

VHLE Teams to choose from:

Stockholm Vikings

Istanbul Red Wolves

Cologne Express

Vasteras Iron Eagles

Oslo Storm

Points to choose from:

80 pts

85 pts

92 pts

96 pts

99 pts

Here are the seven clues:

The player with the least points plays for the Helsinki Titans.  Napolean Dynamite did not score 92 points.

2.  Tavish DeGroot scored more points than the player who played for the Stockholm Vikings.

3.  The five players were the player who scored the most points, the player for Riga Reign, the player who played for the Cologne Express, Phil Strasmore, and the player who is on the Warsaw Predators.

4.  Napolean Dynamite played for either the Istanbul Red Wolves or the Cologne Express.  The player who scored 85 points is Mark Calaway.

5.  The player who played for the Oslo Storm scored more points than Tavish DeGroot.  The player who played for the Vasteras Iron Eagles does not play for the Warsaw Predators.

6.  Of the player who played for the Cologne Express and Dabnad Shaw, one scored 80 points and the other plays for the Prague Phantoms.

7.  Phil Strasmore scored fewer points than the player who played for the Cologne Express.

Good luck!  My guess is someone will get the correct answers in less than 5 minutes.

This next one is just as easy as the first one.  It is also made up and the players and General Managers are randomly chosen.  This puzzle involves five general managers who were all in need of superstar goalies.  Each manager made a blockbuster trade for a goalie, giving up another player.  Your goal is to determine which general manager acquired which goalie, and how long the contract was for.  In addition, you need to determine what player was traded for the goalie.  There are six clues to determine the outcome.

Your choices of goalies are:

Lachlan Summers @kirbithan

Jesse Teno @aimkin

Brandt Fuhr @Tate

Clueless Wallob @DMaximus

Alexander Minion @UnknownMinion

Your choices of players involved in the trade are:

Ronan Lavelle @Arce

Pete Mitchell @Crstats23

Brian Payne @Scurvy

Mason Jones @Masu Chan

Vasile Lamb @dlamb

Your choices of the contract signed are:

1 year

2 years

3 years

4 years

5 years

Your choices of general managers are:

@JeffD

@FrostBeard

@Acydburn

@hedgehog337

@InstantRockstar

And here are your six clues.

Alexander Minion and the general manager who selected him did not involve Pete Mitchell nor Mason Jones in the trade.

2.  Lachlan Summers was traded to the general manager who released Brian Payne.  The goalie who signed for four years was acquired by the general manager who traded Pete Mitchell for them.

3.  Acydburn traded for either Lachlan Summers or Brandt Fuhr.  Mason Jones was not involved in this transaction.  Instant rockstar traded someone for Jesse Teno.

4.  The general manager who traded for Brandt Fuhr agreed to a five year contract.  Jeff D did not trade for Clueless Wallob.

5.  Neither Frostbeard, nor the goalie who signed for a two year contract, was involved with Mason Jones in the trade.  In addition, Mason Jones was not involved in the trade with Clueless Wallob.

6.  Hedgehog337 who traded away Ronan Lavelle to obtain their goalie, did not sign the goalie with a three year contract.

Good luck!

For those who actually try to solve these puzzles, hats off to you!  Right now I’m in a rut trying to come up with ideas to write something and get my 6 TPE, but fear not, as eventually I will come out of this rut and will come up with something even more stupid to write about just so that I can achieve the TPE so deserving.

In the meantime I’m going to write a puzzle for @Scurvy.  Are you ready scurvy?

This one should be easy.  Which player in the VHL considers scoring one goal and one assist in twenty games, as well as getting 29 hits and 20 PIMS, as a respectable stat?  If you said, Rip Wheeler, you are correct.  @ScottyP is completely delusional to consider those stats to be respectable.  Scurvy, how can you look at Scottyp with a straight face?  And to top it off, he’s on the two day work plan.  That must be productive.

If there is anyone still reading this, then I must tell you that the unclaimed TPE is bullshit and you will have to try to convince Spartan to give you TPE for solving these stupid puzzles.

And if you have not read the whole article and tried to claim some TPE, good luck and @Spartan , I apologize in advance for causing any inconvenience that may arise from this!

Thunder Out!

1020 words

7 minutes ago, Thunder said:

This one should be easy.  Which player in the VHL considers scoring one goal and one assist in twenty games, as well as getting 29 hits and 20 PIMS, as a respectable stat?  If you said, Rip Wheeler, you are correct.  @ScottyP is completely delusional to consider those stats to be respectable.  Scurvy, how can you look at Scottyp with a straight face?  And to top it off, he’s on the two day work plan.  That must be productive.

The DUMMY

• 2 weeks later...