Calgary Wranglers, End of an Era

Ricer13

Hello friends, 

I am officially announcing my retirement as General Manager of the Calgary Wranglers. There are a few reasons as to why I have made this decision and now is the best time to take a step back from this role to better spend my time in other areas of the league and in my personal life.

I hold a pretty high bar for myself when it comes to maintaining a certain level of activity for any locker room that I am in charge of. The day that became a chore is the day I knew it was time for a much needed break. I also live a super busy personal life and this has also made it harder to give the locker room my full attention.

There is nothing to worry about in terms of my participation in the league. I still very much enjoy and love being apart of this league. I will have better focus on my player and the locker room I’m apart of there. I have my moderation gig that I’ll have more time to focus on and one day I do plan on stepping back into a GM role because it truly is a passion of mine.

Lastly, thank you to all the GMs I have had a pleasure to work with since I’ve started, all the AGMs who have worked along side me over the seasons and the players who grinded it out and bought into the way I wanted things to run in Calgary. I am not going to ping everyone who’s been an important part of this journey, I think you all know who you are at this point. 

Ricer, out!! 🎤 ⬇️ 

**I do recommend that @leandrofg be considered to step in as replacement. He has been running the team behind the scenes this past season and has a really good handle on how things are going in Calgary. He also has a long history with the organization. I will respect whatever decision is made for my replacement.**

I have written about how much being a part of the Wranglers and having shared the LR with our group meant to me as a First-Gen in this league.

Still, it’s never to much to say, once again, how appreciative I am of you as a member of this community.

To our future ventures! 🍻

It's a sad day in Calgary, as you have done so much for the Wranglers in your time there. It has become a thriving community of all sorts of quality people, a destination that any member would be delighted to be a part of. You truly ushered in a golden era in Calgary's illustrious history, and I am so grateful and blessed that you believed in me to let me be a part of that.

Congratulations on a hell of a career, and I can't wait to see what you can do for your next go-around!

Always sad and disappointing to see a tenured, and very respected GM step down. We've had a lot of fond memories while GMing together but furthermore, always a positive & pleasant experience even before I became a GM. Have to say a huge hats off to you for everything you've done with Calgary and even your prior GMing experience at prior levels. Good stuff to you, for recognizing yourself that the time just wasn't there anymore, going out YOUR way, vs being 'taken' out of the role. Enjoy some more of your free time, and I suppose never say never to a return to the reigns? 

Best of luck with IRL stuff! I know you're not leaving, but hopefully all goes smooth. 

Farewell to a Wranglers legend.

I remember being your teammate and have loved being under your leadership. You were the ultimate teammate and GM but you also are a really great dude to talk with. I wish you the best of luck in everything. I know you aren't leaving the VHL but just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated you. You're a beauty, Ricer.

Congratulations on a long successful tenure with Calgary, you’ve definitely made a mark on the franchise and the community as a whole. Good luck to your player and thank you for putting up with me and my trade discussions 😂