Oslo Storm GM + VHLE Commissioner

Enorama

Good evening all, pulling a real NHL here by dropping some news on you guys on a Friday night.

After some conversations over the past few days, @Gaming Ringleader has elected to step down as GM of the Oslo Storm, effective immediately. I want to extend our sincerest gratitude to Gaming for his time with both the Storm and the Iron Eagles and for piloting the two franchises through a tumultuous part of VHLE history. I don't believe he's going anywhere in the grand scheme of things, so I look forward to seeing what he does next!

With the timing of this being awkward and the team needing a direction going into the season ASAP, we did not post for the role and instead asked around for someone I already knew was interested. He should be a familiar face to you all!

aZ6HMOL.png

Spoiler

You may notice the second half of the title and a conspicuously missing job posting. I ran through this off-season (mostly) solo with some help from Thad and commissioners in the other leagues. Since the league has dropped to 6 teams, I can comfortably manage that ratio (GMs only outnumber me 6 to 1!) so for at least the next season or two, I will be at the helm alone. Sorry to disappoint those of you out there who I know were aching for a leadership opportunity!

Something I forgot to mention in the initial post - the trade between Oslo and Vasteras will be reversed out of respect for the new GM. They are of course free to re-do it or re-negotiate as they see fit.