Finland is NOT Scandinavia

This is something I have very strong feelings about and to be frank, I'm offended and insulted by it.

Why is the VHL World Cup Team Scandinavia referred as such, when it should be Team NORDIC. Finland is not a Scandinavian country, despite how many arrogant people may claim so and refer to it as so.

Finland is NOT a part of Scandinavia! Scandinavia originally refers to the Scandinavian Peninsula, which consists of Denmark, Norway and Sweden (note: NOT Finland).

I'm Finnish. We call ourselves in my beautiful native tongue, Suomen kieli, Pohjoismaa (meaning Nordic) when we refer to the group of countries in Northern Europe. No Finnish person never ever calls themselves "scandinavian" it's always "nordic". Me ollaan osa Pohjoismaita.

I remember years ago back in the S50's or S60's it was incorrectly called Team Scandinavia. I then talked to, pretty sure it was then commissioner, @Will among other higher ups to change the name to Team Nordic. Unfortunately, after some time it was, for some god forsaken reason, changed back to Scandinavia, and remains as to this day despite me privately complaining about in the past.

But fortunately the fix is simple, fix the incorrect name! And the name is already correct in the Discord server, which is GREAT.

Thank you

A proud Finnish man, signing off. :fin:

GO TEAM NORDIC!

7 hours ago, Victor said:

Looks like it was still Nordic in S88 so I blame @rory, typically disrespectful of the Finnish culture.

This is a @Spartan , @JB123, or @UnknownMinion move I believe. Leandro and I inherited this team Skandenberg!

More then happy to rename it back but we’d have to drop Denmark for Greenland

• Senior Admin
8 hours ago, Ahma said:

I remember years ago back in the S50's or S60's it was incorrectly called Team Scandinavia. I then talked to, pretty sure it was then commissioner, @Will among other higher ups to change the name to Team Nordic. Unfortunately, after some time it was, for some god forsaken reason, changed back to Scandinavia, and remains as to this day despite me privately complaining about in the past.

I stand with Ahma! Back to team Nordic! 

11 minutes ago, v.2 said:

Damn everyone throwing each other under the bus SOMEONE TAKE THE FALL 

I just work here 

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Was not me, Nordic all the way.

If I remember right, I talked to you about this in the past and you told me were just using an old template for the teams, and that's why it was Scandinavia not Nordic.

21 minutes ago, Ahma said:

If I remember right, I talked to you about this in the past and you told me were just using an old template for the teams, and that's why it was Scandinavia not Nordic.

That was after I was WC commish. I still had perms as a commish in general to chat. You can see the game results when I was commish, they say Nordic.

13 hours ago, rory said:

This is a @Spartan , @JB123, or @UnknownMinion move I believe. Leandro and I inherited this team Skandenberg!

11 hours ago, Ahma said:

S88 had Nordic under JB and Minion, can check the GM hiring post. S90 became Scandinavia because of the script Josh used being named "Scandinavia" or something like that. Guess the new commies just didn't use the right name of Nordic when announcing. Sims will still output them as Nordic regardless.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Spartan said:

S88 had Nordic under JB and Minion, can check the GM hiring post. S90 became Scandinavia because of the script Josh used being named "Scandinavia" or something like that. Guess the new commies just didn't use the right name of Nordic when announcing. Sims will still output them as Nordic regardless.

Nah, the script says Nordic.. the commissioners changed it. 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I literally rewrote it last week lol. It says Nordic.

so it is the cursed sith after all! (wc commissioners)